IGNORED

Lady Lydia wants a booth at career day

AmazonGrace

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

I think she does have Pinterest now - I saw something on her blog recently. 

ETA: Here you go! http://homeliving.blogspot.co.uk/2016/09/pinterest.html?m=1

ETA2: There's nothing on her Pinterest about knitting or shawls or Ravelry or crocheting while listening to the KJV on tape

Oh good! I thought she'd be all over Pinterest! Now I have a new rabbit hole to go down! 

I still don't think that's Lydia Sherman on Ravelry though. It just isn't written in her voice, which is pretty distinctive. I can usually tell when she posts on other sites, and the Ravelry Lady Lydia sounds much more lively and "with it" than Lydia Sherman does. 

I think she may try to emulate our beloved LL or she's a damn good poe. I was turned onto it from another board that I am on that used to be part of one of the Candy blogs. 

I'd love to be able to tell LL's 'voice' without seeing her name, @Sobeknofret - that's quite a skill! I agree that the one on Ravelry doesn't seem quite the same, though as @anniebgood says, there are so many similarities! I'm not going to try to guess whether it's a Poe of a Superfan, but I guess time will tell.

I'm still relatively new to Lady Lydia, but find her completely fascinating. I enjoy many of the same things as her (sewing, knitting, crochet, needlework, interior decorating, art), but the end result and the underlying rationale/attitude is so very, very, very different! Thanks for introducing me!

Hello Ann,

I see you and the others made me a headline again on freejinger. Please thank them all for me, will you?  Let them wallow in their own perceptions because it only drives up my stats.

Sent from my iPad

Got this in my mail this afternoon. Hi Lydia! Come and visit and tell us your side of the story. 

I'd love to carry on but I have to continue my fight with the Department of Labor to get my doctor's request approved. That is my priority this week. 

See ya. (Love the color of the pink dress but I prefer tea length and capped sleeves. Don't like sleeves if I don't have to wear them, except in cold weather._)

Reading Lydia's blog is hard for me. The layout is really weird. Or her formatting is off? Something just doesn't look right on my computer. I want my kids to succeed at life without relying on a man (or woman). I want them to find and do something they love. My youngest currently wants to own a multi million dollar company and be an iron man type figure.

Looking at her blog I don't think her sewing would be too bad but it looks like she doesn't press her seams on the top of the dresses. They all look off and wonky just ever so slightly. I like her tea room type aesthetic (save for the purposefully covering for modesty because some of those dresses would look darling without the cardis over them or with short sleeves)  

I may add her to my follow list just so I can save some of these photos and share them on tumblr lol I can tune out all the Gd talk I think most of the time.

ETA: Score she posts enough photos that I can actually NOT read a word of her posts and still see pretty pictures lol

I have to give her props for her sewing, but she adds long sleeves, not 3/4 or cap to nearly every thing she makes. It's like it's a sin to show your arms. I grew up in a family where the women wore sleeveless blouses. They came from the farm and knew what it was like to work. 

And long dresses aren't practical for my everyday life here. I know some people who wear long flowy skirts at the beach with skimpy tops. Sitting at a desk at a computer I have to elevate my feet and a long dress or skirt would cause me grief. 

She showed a picture once of several ladies who visited and one had a gorgeous sleeveless dress on. I commented on how nice it looked. She edited it out. 

Oh well, I enjoy some of the paintings she posts, even though they are of a class of people she will never emulate and they had scads of servants who made them look good. The Victorian book I gave her must have made her sick, because it told the truth, from documented sources. 

Too hot to give a shit right now. It's 99º with no clouds and a slight breeze. I want my coastal eddy clouds and fog and cool weather. These houses weren't built with a/c....open the windows and run the fans. 

12 hours ago, anniebgood said:

I have to give her props for her sewing, but she adds long sleeves, not 3/4 or cap to nearly every thing she makes. It's like it's a sin to show your arms. I grew up in a family where the women wore sleeveless blouses. They came from the farm and knew what it was like to work. 

And long dresses aren't practical for my everyday life here. I know some people who wear long flowy skirts at the beach with skimpy tops. Sitting at a desk at a computer I have to elevate my feet and a long dress or skirt would cause me grief. 

She showed a picture once of several ladies who visited and one had a gorgeous sleeveless dress on. I commented on how nice it looked. She edited it out. 

Oh well, I enjoy some of the paintings she posts, even though they are of a class of people she will never emulate and they had scads of servants who made them look good. The Victorian book I gave her must have made her sick, because it told the truth, from documented sources. 

Too hot to give a shit right now. It's 99º with no clouds and a slight breeze. I want my coastal eddy clouds and fog and cool weather. These houses weren't built with a/c....open the windows and run the fans. 

Yeah long dresses don't work for everyone. I dress in Mori Kei type fashion. So I get the lace and the dresses or skirts. But I'm in a wheelchair so I don't have to worry with them interfering too much. Skirts are helluva lot easier to get on than jeans for sure. Most of mine fall knee or mid calf to show off my stellar ankle bones and wickedly deviant socks ;)

16 hours ago, anniebgood said:

Let them wallow in their own perceptions because it only drives up my stats.

She's the consummate businesswoman, posing as a biblically-oriented helpmeet.  Keep it up, Lydia, you'll need those "donated" dollars for retirement.

17 hours ago, anniebgood said:

Hello Ann,

I see you and the others made me a headline again on freejinger. Please thank them all for me, will you?  Let them wallow in their own perceptions because it only drives up my stats.

Sent from my iPad

Got this in my mail this afternoon. Hi Lydia! Come and visit and tell us your side of the story. 

I'd love to carry on but I have to continue my fight with the Department of Labor to get my doctor's request approved. That is my priority this week. 

See ya. (Love the color of the pink dress but I prefer tea length and capped sleeves. Don't like sleeves if I don't have to wear them, except in cold weather._)

I've just checked with the wonderful FJ tech people (THANK YOU @December and @Destiny!) and all the direct links from FJ are 'no follow' links. Visits may drive up the numbers on Lydia's blog, but they won't have any effect on her Google rankings/visibility. So there. 

16 minutes ago, Jellybean said:

I've just checked with the wonderful FJ tech people (THANK YOU @December and @Destiny!) and all the direct links from FJ are 'no follow' links. Visits may drive up the numbers on Lydia's blog, but they won't have any effect on her Google rankings/visibility. So there. 

When I went to her page a gray bar at top said I needed to turn on something for Google to 'use' my stats. Does that mean my hits aren't counting either? My husband changed a bunch of setting in my computer and I admit I don't know everything about it.

17 hours ago, I love Pringles said:

I may add her to my follow list just so I can save some of these photos and share them on tumblr lol I can tune out all the Gd talk I think most of the time.

At your own risk.  If LL starts invading your brain and you feel convicted to start hanging curtains on the shrubbery, obsessively start spray painting innocent plastic figurines pink,  or find yourself staring at coffee cups for 20 minutes trying to remember who used them last do let us know.  We'll send out the rescue ferrets!

19 hours ago, anniebgood said:

Hello Ann,

Passive aggression thy name is Lydia.  Thanks for telling her to get stuffed @anniebgood.

Her readership and influence have really dwindled lately so I am sure she is delighted when she comes to our attention.  

2 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

At your own risk.  If LL starts invading your brain and you feel convicted to start hanging curtains on the shrubbery, obsessively start spray painting innocent plastic figurines pink,  or find yourself staring at coffee cups for 20 minutes trying to remember who used them last do let us know.  We'll send out the rescue ferrets!

Thank you! I will let you all know if this starts happening. Thankfully for my figures sake I don't like spray paint and I collect garden gnomes and ghosts lol

2 hours ago, I love Pringles said:

When I went to her page a gray bar at top said I needed to turn on something for Google to 'use' my stats. Does that mean my hits aren't counting either? My husband changed a bunch of setting in my computer and I admit I don't know everything about it.

Here's the deal: when a site links to another site, it helps boost the ratings for that site. Like, if I love @HerNameIsBuffy's blog, and I link to it on my personal blog (which does not exist, ftr), it will help boost Buffy's search engine rankings because her blog is being talked about on the internet. Because we have no follow turned off, that boosting doesn't happen.

Hits, on the other hand, are a request for a file from a server. For example, loading this page on FJ, there's a bunch of hits, because we have the page itself, then we add on files, pictures, and avatars. Unless you are monetising your site, IMHO hits and visitor counting is largely an e-penis thing - Look more people like me than you, I'm so awesome! (note: I don't follow her due to the nausea inducing OMFGPINK! so I have no idea if she is or is not monetising.)

Relevant link: http://www.mediacollege.com/internet/statistics/terminology/

I hope this all makes sense. My brain is sore and words are hard.

Edit: I have no commentary on the grey bar without knowing way more about how your system is set up. I'm guessing that you are using Chrome, which is not a browser I use commonly, so I'm not terribly familiar with its settings.

2 hours ago, Destiny said:

Here's the deal: when a site links to another site, it helps boost the ratings for that site. Like, if I love @HerNameIsBuffy's blog, and I link to it on my personal blog (which does not exist, ftr), it will help boost Buffy's search engine rankings because her blog is being talked about on the internet. Because we have no follow turned off, that boosting doesn't happen.

Hits, on the other hand, are a request for a file from a server. For example, loading this page on FJ, there's a bunch of hits, because we have the page itself, then we add on files, pictures, and avatars. Unless you are monetising your site, IMHO hits and visitor counting is largely an e-penis thing - Look more people like me than you, I'm so awesome! (note: I don't follow her due to the nausea inducing OMFGPINK! so I have no idea if she is or is not monetising.)

Relevant link: http://www.mediacollege.com/internet/statistics/terminology/

I hope this all makes sense. My brain is sore and words are hard.

Edit: I have no commentary on the grey bar without knowing way more about how your system is set up. I'm guessing that you are using Chrome, which is not a browser I use commonly, so I'm not terribly familiar with its settings.

Thanks for the explanation!! Makes sense!

• 2 weeks later...

“Also, the waiters were men who owned the [TEA SHOP/ANTIQUES STORE], and what a good job they did. Roxy was quite outspoken with her enthusiasm that there were men ‘manning’ the place.”

prince-side-o.gif

2 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

“Also, the waiters were men who owned the [TEA SHOP/ANTIQUES STORE], and what a good job they did. Roxy was quite outspoken with her enthusiasm that there were men ‘manning’ the place.”

If she ever figures it out, her head will explode.

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

If she ever figures it out, her head will explode.

And I've seen it a million times with these clueless idiots!

1. Go on a trip to The Big City with hubby/lady friends/whomever.

2. Get treated like a queen by obviously (to 99% of the American population, anyway) gay male restaurateurs/salon people/show biz types.

3. Go home and write a blog post about how amazingly kind, polite, and attentive these men were, and gosh darn it all, why can't all men be so respectful of the ladies? 

4. Write-- roughly 24 hours later-- another blog post about how evil sodomites are tearing this country apart and trying to indoctrinate your children in "government schools." 

prince-side-o.gif

That is the most amusing thing I've seen all week.

I don't know if I've heard of 2 straight men partnering to own an antique shop outside of Lee and Leslie Keno and that is because they are brothers! Even then they are both super metro in their personal style.

On Thursday, October 06, 2016 at 11:00 AM, DomWackTroll said:

prince-side-o.gif

I'm rolling about this. This is where you want to pat them on the head and say 'oh you naive summer child'

3 hours ago, I love Pringles said:

I'm rolling about this. This is where you want to pat them on the head and say 'oh you naive summer child'

Or, "bless your heart."

I laugh at Lydia. Always blathering on about how women should find joy in homemaking makes me think thou doth protest too much.  I find her sewing skills rather sloppy.  Her seams aren't pressed well. The material looks cheap.  But whatever keeps her busy.  

While I've always found her blog to be snooty, I still see it as a sadly, glaring example of how empty and unfulfilled the lives of these submissive types must be.  All the admonishing of other women to follow their rules for "godly" happiness seems to be a case of misery loves company.  But they can't be honest with themselves. Might poke holes in their infallible biblical interpretations. 

I find it hilarious that Lady Lydia's blog includes a donation link. Like, "You don't need to work, just trust God and let your husband make the money, P.S. Please send me money though!"

On 9.10.2016 at 1:00 AM, Mercer said:

I find it hilarious that Lady Lydia's blog includes a donation link. Like, "You don't need to work, just trust God and let your husband make the money, P.S. Please send me money though!"

The donations are where God gives you money. 

Archived