IGNORED

Lady Lydia wants a booth at career day

AmazonGrace

Lady Lydia has uploaded a post with a video

I have said from the beginning of my time on the web, now about 18 years, that we need to inspire young ladies to desire to be home. Perhaps if posters of ladies with husbands and children surrounding them, ladies at home, ladies sewing and cooking, gardenning, etc. were available instead of posters of women in the military and women as rock stars, there might be a better influence.

She is upset after reading the yearbook and finding out that none of the girls wrote that their ambition is to be a housewife, mother or get a temporary career until they can get married and work in their husband's business. She wants to have a booth in the career day so she can tell girls that the best thing for them to do is to stay home and spend all day cooking and cleaning and waiting for their husband to come home from work and give them a kiss to appreciate the cooking. 

http://homeliving.blogspot.com/2016/06/girls-graduating.html

Girls are wasting their youth studying and creating careers when they could be married already. 

• Replies 290
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Can you imagine that booth! Pink, frilly and full of dollar tree items. Lots of paintings from the 1800's of women wearing white and standing in fields. Lady Lydia would be dressed in some hideous outfit that she crafted herself. She could tell graduates how they too could grow up to spend their days putting tea cups out in the rain to make raindrop tea and making pink curtains for old trucks. 

One commenter noted that a girl getting an education to be prepared in case the husband is killed or dies or leaves is just a set up for not totally trusting the Lord.  

Yesterday I read here on FJ about a woman (Mormon blogger) who is now a widow with 5 very young children; her husband passed away from melanoma on Wednesday.  

Depriving a girl (or boy!) of education and aspirations is criminal.  

7 minutes ago, Howl said:

One commenter noted that a girl getting an education to be prepared in case the husband is killed or dies or leaves is just a set up for not totally trusting the Lord.  

Yesterday I read here on FJ about a woman (Mormon blogger) who is now a widow with 5 very young children; her husband passed away from melanoma on Wednesday.  

Depriving a girl (or boy!) of education and aspirations is criminal.  

At least the Mormon blogger we're talking about (Freckled Fox) has a popular lifestyle/beauty blog that she's been running herself for a while and gets sponsorship/ad revenue and such from it; she has an existing source of income that she generates through fairly marketable skills, so she's, I'd say, better off than the sort of woman Lydia holds up as an ideal.

Lady Lydia's extensive website contains a big ol' "Please Donate" button, and she links to websites of others who are building industries both inside and outside of their homes.  One website even boasts that the owners are "businesswomen" with a shoppe...outside of their homes!  I don't know if Lady Lydia receives money from linking to the other businesses, but for her sake I hope she is building a savings account for the retirement years. 

4 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

She wants to have a booth in the career day

Translation:  She wants to get out of the house to direct people to her website so they can donate and visit links to various businesses.  Crafty Lady Lydia (in more ways than one).

She wants to work outside the home in a role that tells women that it's wrong to work outside the home.

I really don't know how some of these fundie women deal with all the cognitive dissonance. Blogging about how women are wrong to be drawn to gossip and idle chatter by reading and writing blogs; teaching people that women shouldn't presume to teach; taking lots of photographs of themselves and their beautiful, god-sanctioned outfits to prove their own modesty; using violence to teach children that violence is wrong; teaching about the godliness of patriarchy and extreme power imbalance to prove that men and women are equal (but different).

SMH.

Back when it was still "Take Your Daughter To Work Day," a conservative female columnist(whose name I've forgotten)said that she hoped some homemakers would keep their girls out of school so that they would learn the value of cooking and cleaning.

I just watched her video about homemaking and she claims it takes all day everyday to make dinner. But she also acts like you don't plan any dinners till that day so you spend half the day looking through the cabinets, finding recipes and going to buy groceries. 

Here is a hint LL, sit down once a week and make a menu. Write down all the things you need to buy and then go buy them. 

And no, I don't particularly put any heart into cleaning my house. I just clean it. And it really doesn't take all that long, at least not as long as she says. I think she makes things harder just to have something to do. She claims that yes, houses can be cleaned in 15 minutes, but when that happens no heart is being put into the cleaning. As long as the house in clean, I just don't care if anyone is putting their heart and soul into the work. 

I just love the fact that in the first cartoon picture of the husband kissing his spouse in the kitchen, the wife is in full makeup with perfectly coiffed hair, wearing a dress and PEARLS. My husband and I have a "traditional" marriage in that he works and I'm at home, but if he came home one day and found me in that get-up, cooking dinner, he'd immediately think I'd suffered some sort of psychological breakdown. 

30 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

I just watched her video about homemaking and she claims it takes all day everyday to make dinner. But she also acts like you don't plan any dinners till that day so you spend half the day looking through the cabinets, finding recipes and going to buy groceries. 

Here is a hint LL, sit down once a week and make a menu. Write down all the things you need to buy and then go buy them. 

And no, I don't particularly put any heart into cleaning my house. I just clean it. And it really doesn't take all that long, at least not as long as she says. I think she makes things harder just to have something to do. She claims that yes, houses can be cleaned in 15 minutes, but when that happens no heart is being put into the cleaning. As long as the house in clean, I just don't care if anyone is putting their heart and soul into the work. 

But, but, what good is a clean house if no one depressed themselves ineffectively mopping it all day? 

I find her blog set up difficult/annoying to read.  I noticed there's a book she recommends The Godly Daughter Checklist, the book was written by a woman who was a teacher, an elementary school principal and head of a high school English department: that's an awful lot of working outside the home. 

Lady Lydia never fails to disappoint.  Silly cow.

That is all.

@formergothardite, that's how I do suppers at my house. I have a dedicated day for shopping (the day before which I make my menus for the week). Honestly, Lydia is making this whole thing insanely complicated. 

And I would like to ask her, does she really believe that women are not intelligent enough for anything outside of the house? Because that's the vibe I'm getting from her. Between her and Lori, oughn't we all be shut-ins, never using our talents for anything beyond a vacuum cleaner? 

Can someone please tell me how on earth it can take all day to make dinner? I cook at home, from scratch and it rarely takes me more than an hour to put a meal together...and most of that is the cook time that doesn't require my attention. I rarely, if ever, plan out a weekly menu, I just usually have the same stuff in the house that I know we'll eat. SOME of it may get prepped in advance (like slicing meat for fajitas or stir fry) but most of the time, cooking dinner involves me opening the fridge, freezer and pantry, putting together a meal in my head then cooking it. Once a month or so, if I have the time, I'll make huge batches of things like beans, tortillas and maybe even bread. They get put in the freezer and are there for the rest of the month. 

These women are NOT good housekeepers...or cooks. 

I sent her the book 

How to Be a Victorian: A Dawn-to-Dusk Guide to Victorian Life by Goodman, Ruth and she never thanked me. She probably was near apoplexy when she read how households were run and how much effort went into it. She was going to send me her book but I never got it. I guess she just forgot........

She's a year older than me but acts like my grandmother. A genteel lady. Gramma didn't want to be a farmer's wife but my Granpa swept her off her feet, had 9 kids and after he died and the farm was sold, spent her time flying across the country to spend time with her daughters. 

I don't sit down and write out a menu plan, but I have a general idea of what's in my kitchen and when I'm going to cook it.  If stuff needs defrosting, it gets pulled out the night before.  Done.  Shop on Sunday and pick up whatever produce/etc we're going to need.

15 minutes ago, anniebgood said:

I sent her the book 

How to Be a Victorian: A Dawn-to-Dusk Guide to Victorian Life by Goodman, Ruth and she never thanked me. She probably was near apoplexy when she read how households were run and how much effort went into it. She was going to send me her book but I never got it. I guess she just forgot........

She's a year older than me but acts like my grandmother. A genteel lady. Gramma didn't want to be a farmer's wife but my Granpa swept her off her feet, had 9 kids and after he died and the farm was sold, spent her time flying across the country to spend time with her daughters. 

Did the "lady" at least thank you for the book?

Has she ever posted one of these all day recipes? I am trying to understand how a non-holiday/special meal can take all day to cook. She doesn't seem to be the type to be hunting/skinny/plucking her own meat so what is she making?

1 hour ago, feministxtian said:

Can someone please tell me how on earth it can take all day to make dinner?

Silly you! You are just not adding extra things to fill up your time! Start by putting on an apron first thing after breakfast and then thinking about how nice it looks. After a few minutes of pondering your apron, you set about to figuring out dinner. Stare at the items in your cabinets. Stare at the items in your fridge. Go back to the cabinets. Back to the fridge. Staring should have consumed at least 20-30 minutes of your time. Get out stacks of cookbooks and slowly look through all of them. Find something to cook that needs things that you don't have. You have just killed another 30-40 minutes. Take off the apron, get dressed up to go to the grocery store. Don't forget your fascinator. Go to the store, give judging looks at immodest women. Another hour or so gone. Come back home. Take off the fascinator. Put back on the apron. Fix yourself some lunch and tea. Sit calmly, sipping your tea and eating your tiny, tiny sandwiches. You also might need a nap. 

Now it is time to start thinking about the table. How are you going to set it? What is your theme going to be? After making these important decisions, slowly and carefully set the table. 

Take a break for afternoon tea.

Now it might be time to start cooking. 

And that is how you spend all day focusing on dinner. You do this everyday. 

14 minutes ago, formergothardite said:

And that is how you spend all day focusing on dinner. You do this everyday. 

Oh...ok...then I guess I'll have to quit working and going to school...my poor mister has to fend for himself 3 nights a week...

Good grief....I put on a formal dinner for 6 people yesterday and I pulled it off in a day and a half. This included 6 courses, a table set with linens, formal dinnerware, crystal and silverware (which needed polishing), additional appetizers and cocktails and a thorough housecleaning. How the hell do these women (not) manage their time?

image.jpeg

Lady Lydia found an article from the 1800's warning of the danger of letting women read the newspaper. She has taken that article to heart and feels like it is best women avoid things like knowing what is going on in the world. 

Of course this warning was interpreted by modernists as being against women, (when it was intended to prevent depression and promote happiness.) Women also knew, even before modern scientific studies, that the mind was the center of emotion which affected their over-all female health. It was thought that a woman's cycle and reproductive system, physical stamina and mental health were greatly affected by her associations, what she read, watched, talked about, etc. The mind is intricately connected to many things in the body.

Dear Lady Lydia,

Just for kicks, let's have all women in the United States stay home for five consecutive business days.  During that week:

Need to run to the grocery store?  Sorry, they had to close early because they don't have enough employees, the manager is home all week, and no delivery trucks have come in.

One of the kids needs stitches?  Well, the wait time at the ER is 36 hours.  They apparently lack sufficient medical and custodial staffing.  Sorry.

Make a call to customer service about your Internet being down.  A recorded message informs you that all service has been suspended for lack of technical support.

Is your car out of gas?  There are long lines at the gas station because the delivery didn't come in to fill the station's tanks and the cashiers didn't show up.

The neighborhood kids won't stay off your lawn in the middle of the day?  Brace yourself.  School has been cancelled for the week.

Ewwww...better get used to stinky trash for a whole week as well as no mail delivery and no news broadcasts.

(Admin: NOT fan fiction.  Rather, a shout out to the importance that women in the workforce lends to our culture as we live it each day.)

4 hours ago, Grimalkin said:

Did the "lady" at least thank you for the book?

She said it arrived and she was anxious to read it. Not a blooming word after that. State of shock I guess when she got to the chapter on prostitutes and whores.

Archived