IGNORED

Lina and Love WEDDING WATCH!

Beeks

If you are friends with them you can see their wedding photos. It was close friends and family only. They wanted to get married so as to not have a long engagement due to their lack of physical contact before the "I do's".

They look very happy as do their parents etc. I wish them well.

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply
If you are friends with them you can see their wedding photos. It was close friends and family only. They wanted to get married so as to not have a long engagement due to their lack of physical contact before the "I do's".

So we did call it correctly: another fast wedding because they couldn't keep it in their pants/SKIRTS. (and by that, I, of course, mean their hands in their pockets, you filthy minded goyim!) How exciting! Lina gets to wash the drawers of her head now. I know how erotic washing my husband's boxers is for me, my babymaker is all a quiver just thinking about it!

I wish them exactly what they deserve, and that TT still lets Lina blog, as I need a continuing saga of The Young and The Messianic.

I know I keep coming back to this, and it's a totally dead horse, but what the hell, it can take one more lash....

If they are so goddamned set-apart, if the whole premise of the relationship is that they are pleasing God by obeying all the rules and not touching and getting married quickly and yadda yadda yadda, how does a quickie CIVIL marriage with no apparent religious component fit in with their mindset?

u

HOW DOES THAT WORK? Seriously! Religion uber alles, unless it's inconvenient and keeps Lina from living with her snugglebunny, I guess. The whole POINT of waiting for a religious marriage to live together as man and wife is to follow the religious rules. The rules of the religion, which say you aren't married unless you're united in a certain religious ceremony. NOT a quickie ring exchange in front of the justice of the peace.

The hypocrisy. It burns. "it's all about God and what God wants, even if it's hard or inconvenient or difficult.....unless we decide that God is okay with a quickie civil ceremony, in which case the rules don't apply to us."

Wow so you're friends with them? How did you pull that?

Also, why the second wedding?

They haven't registered anywhere that I could find. I even checked the popular Jewish home sites. I was totally hoping to find a registry filled with messianic mezuzah scrolls and such!

They had an online wedding shower. I believe that they will have a religious ceremony as soon as they can but this is just conjecture. Yes I am friends with them and sent Lina a gift as well. She is a lovely person who is trying to find her way and she is happy so who am I to tell her she is wrong. We are free to choose our own path and this is what she wants. Dh and I also had a short engagement (4 months) because we were not able to live together and have all the benefits that accompany such an arrangement either. My most educated assumption is that they are going to do an Orthodox Conversion. She lists herself as Jewish and seems to lean towards Chabad. I don't think it will be a fake conversion either. They do not have the mentions of Yah or Yeshua, etc. Again this is MY observation and I could be totally wrong but there have been mentions of Rabbi Nachman and keeping the traditions of Orthodox Jews not those of JFJ, Messianic, etc.

I'd be more inclined to believe that they were converting for real if their joint Facebook page didn't list them as "liking" First Fruits of Zion and a Messianic congregation.

So she wants to be a Hassidic Jew? Nachman, Chabad, etc are all Hassidic. I was wondering why her hair was uncovered in the FB picture; maybe that's a wig!

srsly, you can't be Hassidic and believe in Jesus. They do not allow diversity of opinion. They don't even allow diversity of hats.

They had an online wedding shower. I believe that they will have a religious ceremony as soon as they can but this is just conjecture. Yes I am friends with them and sent Lina a gift as well. She is a lovely person who is trying to find her way and she is happy so who am I to tell her she is wrong. We are free to choose our own path and this is what she wants. Dh and I also had a short engagement (4 months) because we were not able to live together and have all the benefits that accompany such an arrangement either. My most educated assumption is that they are going to do an Orthodox Conversion. She lists herself as Jewish and seems to lean towards Chabad. I don't think it will be a fake conversion either. They do not have the mentions of Yah or Yeshua, etc. Again this is MY observation and I could be totally wrong but there have been mentions of Rabbi Nachman and keeping the traditions of Orthodox Jews not those of JFJ, Messianic, etc.

Lina and TT couldn't even stay shomer negiah for five minutes. They might try for an Ortho conversion, but they don't have what it takes. Converting is hard work no matter which denomination's auspices you convert under. But converting Ortho is hardest of all. They also don't have the listening to authority figures thing down.

Also, you can't be Hasidic and believe in Jesus, because Hasidism is basically all about bringing the messiah. How can you bring the messiah if he's already come?

So she wants to be a Hassidic Jew? Nachman, Chabad, etc are all Hassidic. I was wondering why her hair was uncovered in the FB picture; maybe that's a wig!

srsly, you can't be Hassidic and believe in Jesus. They do not allow diversity of opinion. They don't even allow diversity of hats.

Well, there's diversity of between sects, but not within sects. So Kathryn, you think Lina's going for Chabad and not the Satmar's? I'm surprised--as I understand it the Satmars are lot more sexist and Lina loves sexism.

Chabad normally think the Satmars are crazy. Frum Satire is one of my fav blogs and he loves to slam on Kiryas Joel. She has her favorite quote as one of Nachman's but she may just like that particular quote. They definitely want to live Orthodox but if she said anything about conversion all the messianics on her fb page and blog would go nuts.

Chabad normally think the Satmars are crazy. Frum Satire is one of my fav blogs and he loves to slam on Kiryas Joel. She has her favorite quote as one of Nachman's but she may just like that particular quote. They definitely want to live Orthodox but if she said anything about conversion all the messianics on her fb page and blog would go nuts.

My brother has a quote of Reb Nachman's on his facebook page. He's definitely not Hasidic and never would be (even if he goes Ortho, which is certainly possible if not likely).

They don't want to live Orthodox. They don't even know what the fuck that means.

I suppose they will either rise to the Orthodox occasion or be turned away by the Rabbi they approach (if they do). They are qualified to make those decisions and it has become extraordinarily difficult and lengthy for a person wishing for an Orthodox conversion.

Or, they will lie and hedge and be all 'Jesus who?' then try to convert everyone from the inside. People have tried before.

So Kathryn, you think Lina's going for Chabad and not the Satmar's? I'm surprised--as I understand it the Satmars are lot more sexist and Lina loves sexism.

I can't quite tell how sarcastic you're being here, so I'll just give a straight response. Feel free to respond with "like, duh" anyway. :)

Chabad's much more likely, I think. Lina relies on the Internet for her religious exploration, and Chabad has the strongest presence online by far of any Jewish entity. (Google "Rosh Hashanah" or "Yom Kippur," for example.) Chabad also presents its version of Judaism in a way that even people who know little about Judaism can grasp it.

I'd be more inclined to believe that they were converting for real if their joint Facebook page didn't list them as "liking" First Fruits of Zion and a Messianic congregation.

Exactly. Were Lina still single, I think she very well might have pursued a conversion through Chabad or Aish. With Taliban Tony and his family in the picture, though? No chance.

I've heard muttered among some ultra-Orthodox Jews that Chabad is no longer Jewish, because of the institutional devotion to its late rebbe, whom some believe was the Messiah (Moshiach). So she might want to think about converting to something a bit more, say, modern Orthodox.

Entirely off topic but I wanted to thank all the people who posted bits of Jewish history or explained things - I did not know much about orthodox Judaism (other than their fashion choices) till I started reading this thread. :clap:

It sounds like her entire internet thing is just a big act and her fake Jew act doesn't come up very much in real life. So yeah, she got a quickie wedding so she can get quickies from her husband.

Lina is clearly trying to find herself...she shouldn't be getting married during this process though. What happens when her current beliefs change? Will TT change with her?

Sorry, that made me LOL :lol: And picture the royal wedding.

Lina is clearly trying to find herself...she shouldn't be getting married during this process though. What happens when her current beliefs change? Will TT change with her?

This is my worry. I know I've been pretty merciless in my snark on Lina because things she has said have made me very angry, but I've also emailed with her and like Kathryn said, she DOES seem like a nice person (for some reason she comes off much sweeter and less preachy in her email than on her blog - I think a lot of her blog is trying to convince HERSELF more than others that her lifestyle is the right one).

When I put my anger/annoyance aside, I do see a very young woman trying to find her way. It worries me that she hooked up with a guy like TT, who seems like an arrogant douche. I hope I'm wrong. I hope she's very happy. And I hope that if she ISN'T happy, she can get out and start over.

Just have to chime in-

I have been friends with Lina via facebook for a looooooong time. She is a sweet girl, but I also have been concerned about her need to be so "set apart", so much so that she has practically alienated herself from her family. Things seem a lot better now, but in the past, it has been messy, from the whole blaming her parents for sending her little sis to public school to being mad that her parents "accept" her older sis and were always on her (Lina's) butt about EVERYTHING. Enter TT, who literally came out of nowhere. He is her knight in shining armor, the only one who ~understands her...it is just so strange. I agree with the poster who said she is in the midst of finding herself, and getting married in the middle of that, ESPECIALLY to someone who doesn't seem to be the type to change with her is BAD. I wish them the best, hope things aren't as scary as they seem, and truly hope she reads this board purely to see how other people see this situation.

My most educated assumption is that they are going to do an Orthodox Conversion. She lists herself as Jewish and seems to lean towards Chabad. I don't think it will be a fake conversion either. They do not have the mentions of Yah or Yeshua, etc. Again this is MY observation and I could be totally wrong but there have been mentions of Rabbi Nachman and keeping the traditions of Orthodox Jews not those of JFJ, Messianic, etc.

What? Are you suggesting that TT was wrong when he explained at great length how belief in Yeshua the Moshiach is totally compatible with Orthodox Judaism????? How dare you disrespect Azariah/TT, you.... woman, you. You know what happens when you sew disrespect for TT! You have been warned!!!111!!

It sounds like her entire internet thing is just a big act and her fake Jew act doesn't come up very much in real life. So yeah, she got a quickie wedding so she can get quickies from her husband.

Wait, where did you get that delicious morsel of gossip?

Archived