IGNORED

Lina and Love WEDDING WATCH!

Beeks

The (first) wedding is on Monday folks. Yes, I'm starting this thread days in advance.

I'm hoping she gives us some sort of teaser tomorrow, pics of the dress on Monday/Tuesday and gushing about how wonderful it is to wash Love's undies, then a pregnancy announcement on Wednesday. Just kidding. Kinda ;-)

Hopes? Predictions?

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We could have bets on how many Hebrew/Yiddish/Jewish words she will use to describe the ceremony and the...honeymoon. Is touching allowed after this first wedding? I kind of think that might be why there ARE two weddings; they can't wait long enough to plan the wedding with the dress, veil, guests, ect. So they do a hurry up one now that lets them get busy without waiting.

Yeah, as Godly and "set apart" as Lina would like to believe she is, the cold hard fact is she is just another regular, flawed, horny human being. The only way she can get to the "and so much more" part of her relationship with Taliban Tony and still be her righteous, perfect self is to marry. Meanwhile you know both of them are acting like Fez from That 70's Show--doing a little happy dance and singing "I'm going to do it, I'm going to do it!"

We could have bets on how many Hebrew/Yiddish/Jewish words she will use to describe the ceremony and the...honeymoon. Is touching allowed after this first wedding? I kind of think that might be why there ARE two weddings; they can't wait long enough to plan the wedding with the dress, veil, guests, ect. So they do a hurry up one now that lets them get busy without waiting.

Agree. She'll probably announce how they got busy through a hole in the sheet because she read online that that's how orthodox Jews do it. :roll:

(to those who don't know that's an old myth about orthodox Jews)

Slightly OT, has anyone read the book The Rabbi's Daughter? It's a fascinating memoir by a woman who went ultra-orthodox and eventually left the movement and went back to secular Judaism. A rare glimpse into that lifestyle.

My bet is that after the "wedding" (quotations because, in fundie world, it isn't a "real" wedding) all the posts will be about BABIES BABIES BABIES. She will start reviewing child rearing books and tell everyone how they are wrong and how her newly found parenting models are totally right.

My bet is that after the "wedding" (quotations because, in fundie world, it isn't a "real" wedding) all the posts will be about BABIES BABIES BABIES. She will start reviewing child rearing books and tell everyone how they are wrong and how her newly found parenting models are totally right.

I completely agree with you there. I doubt she's preggers now but I bet they'll be an announcement in the next few months that a lil' bun is cooking in her kosher kitchen. Honestly, Lina to me just seems so lazy. I think she will be bored out of her mind while TT is at work. I don't think he makes all that much money that they'll she'll be able to mooch like she was able to off of her parents. I suspect they bought all the food and paid for most things for her. I'm assuming she'll be on a budget now. I expect the baby talk will happen more out of boredom as she'll be sitting at the apartment doing nothing but wifely cleaning and baking, and I bet that in the next month she'll be posting her goodies on how to raise good Jewish children.

I agree that we'll be getting all babies, all the time soon enough, though she'll probably refer to them as "kinderlach," because she's Jewish, after all. Meanwhile, I expect a month or two to pass, followed by a pregnancy announcement. I think the sudden, quickie wedding and the fact that Lina has avoided answering a single question about why they're having these two weddings and what the point of the second wedding is is too coincidental to just be because she's horny. I mean, I'm sure that's part of it (though I still think that if it's purely hormones, it was TT who pushed the idea of getting married sooner rather than later), but I think they slipped, and she's knocked up.

Honestly, Lina to me just seems so lazy. I think she will be bored out of her mind while TT is at work. I don't think he makes all that much money that they'll she'll be able to mooch like she was able to off of her parents. I suspect they bought all the food and paid for most things for her. I'm assuming she'll be on a budget now. I expect the baby talk will happen more out of boredom as she'll be sitting at the apartment doing nothing but wifely cleaning and baking, and I bet that in the next month she'll be posting her goodies on how to raise good Jewish children.

It reminds me of the MTV True Life episode about newlyweds. One of the couples featured was a recent college grad fundy-lite couple who said they were going to follow traditional roles--husband got a job as an engineer, the wifey would clean the home. After they were married a month, the wife gradually realized that it doesn't take a whole lot of time to clean a one-bedroom apartment and she spent most of her day being bored and alone. She then asked her husband permission to get a part-time job to fill up some time.

I wish one of them would lurk over here and get mad enough to answer xD unless, of course, it's true and she IS preggo.

Doesn't she say that her and TT are ALONE on Shabbat? Maybe something went down?

Heh, so to speak.

Ahem.

I thought she said that they spend Shabbat alone, in that they're not with each other. But that's only been since they started their little shomer negiah lark, so far as I can tell. Which, IMHO, adds credibility to the possibility that they let things get out of hand and ended up schtupping each other. And personally, hey, whatever, but I'm not the one peppering my blog with Yiddish and Hebrew and carrying on about what pillars of Torah my Love and I are and carrying on about being frum.

OMY!11 THE day is almost here, what a mitzvah!. Baby pool: April 12th. Full term.

Kepp those details coming! I so wish there was to be a live feed. I would invite some local Fjrs over for bacon wrapped shrimp and matzo. L'haim!

Baby pool: Tax day, April 15. Underweight but "full term" because she is such a slight flower! Obviously would have a petite beibi.

Doesn't she say that her and TT are ALONE on Shabbat? Maybe something went down?

I'm 100% sure at least one of them (likely TT) is still lurking here. And I would die of happiness if he posted again. That was YAHsome (yes I've added that phrase to my vocabulary now - thanks to Lina's commenters!).

Lina does answer emails, or at least she has always answered mine, and she is VERY likable through email...much more so than on her blog. It really makes me sad for her, because Love is such a creeper. If Lina were more of a bitch and less of a lost soul I wouldn't be so sad about their coming wedding.

Did Lina ever address why they're only having a civil wedding right now? That still doesn't make sense to me - and one commenter agrees, pointing out that it's the RELIGIOUS wedding that matters, not the civil one.

If it's really the religious ceremony that matters in the eyes of God, why do Lina and TT get to live together as man and wife before they go through that process?

Did Lina ever address why they're only having a civil wedding right now? That still doesn't make sense to me - and one commenter agrees, pointing out that it's the RELIGIOUS wedding that matters, not the civil one.

If it's really the religious ceremony that matters in the eyes of God, why do Lina and TT get to live together as man and wife before they go through that process?

She made a big deal on her blog about how they can't touch each other until they were married under a chuppah. However, that hasn't been mentioned again, by her anyway, with the latest wedding plans. I guess that is the beauty of just picking and choosing which rules, laws and practices you want to follow, you can do whatever you want and it is okey dokey! Or Yah-some!!

I can't wait to see what Lina comes up with as a "traditional" wedding! Lots of Yah and Yeshua and a bunch of random words thrown in for sure. I'm most excited to see who marries them, because what they say they believe seems pretty...unique. So finding someone who fits with all t heir crazy specifications is bound to be hard.

I really hope she's spending all weekend writing personalized wedding vows, and that she posts them on her blog (and that someone on this board quotes them here). I'm sure it would be enough to keep me laughing for a month.

Yep. That "something" was Lina. (Yes, I'm 12.)

I must be too, coz I can just imagine the no hand touching still in effect - LOL

Archived