• Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
DaisyD

Escaping Polygamy - Mainly Kingston Clan - Otherwise Known as "The Order"

browncoatslytherin
On 7/13/2018 at 7:23 PM, PumaLover said:

I have been watching it on DirecTV on A&E. I also have a Post It still on my computer that says the new season started Monday June 4th (although I forgot to start recording it that day). I have been a longtime fan of DirecTV and even recommended it to others but they've been changing it so much I'm about to drop them. I used to be able to record a show and set it to first run or reruns only. But now it just records everything so half the time I'm not sure if I'm seeing something new or old, and it doesn't always show the date. Also half the episodes I want to watch ("Not Without My Daughter," for example) are on demand and don't always work! 

I feel like I keep seeing the same episodes with different names so as others mentioned I think the episodes are all a mix of new and old footage. I really love the show and was glad to see that it was coming back. I was able to watch the Rachel Jeffs episode the other night and that one was really interesting. I also just bought her book but haven't started it yet. 

I am writing a book about a girl who escapes from a cult and this show is great research for me :)

i think reruns are messing with people, because i've been tracking the new episodes and as far as i can tell, it looks like brand new footage. they've just helped isaac jeffs escape (one of warren jeffs sons) via raymond jeffs (his brother) and last i saw they were attempting to help isaac contact his mother who he hadn't seen for about three years. i think they have used some older footage to refresh some people's memory about who all is what but from what i'm watching it looks like mostly new footage and new material. oh, and they also helped another girl escape, she was from the order, she was from one of the guys who'd never had a child escape like ever, so she was the first. i can't remember her name, though.

Giddy
PumaLover
On 7/27/2018 at 5:07 AM, browncoatslytherin said:

i think reruns are messing with people, because i've been tracking the new episodes and as far as i can tell, it looks like brand new footage. 

You know what, you are right, and it's on Lifetime HD not A&E. Not sure how I made that mistake. For some reason all my DirecTV shows don't all show up when I hit list anymore and that's what was throwing me. It looks like I have several episodes recorded from the new season.

Depressed
AliceInFundyland

This is a horribly bec thing to say. I wish I found the leads more engaging. They are doing an excellent thing, I admire their mission. But for tv watching purposes, they are a bit dull. I can’t tell them apart. Perhaps that’s not truly essential to the show. It isn’t their story.  

Giddy
PumaLover

I'm really disappointed when, at the end, after receiving the help, they still choose to go back. It's so sad to see just how controlled they really are.

Depressed
AliceInFundyland

Eternal darkness plus no family. But really the no family I think. 

Tired
melon
On 8/30/2016 at 3:19 PM, SilverBeach said:

Daniel Kingston is married to two of his half sisters. :dontgetit:

Rachel Jeffs is indeed amazing. 

The one who went back to marry her first cousin did so because she really loved him. At least she got to pick, but I don't get marrying your first cousin either.

The keep sweet voice, ugh, such a turnoff. When Meechelle Duggar does it I want to slap her. These women I feel sorry for.

I heard Daniel Kingston is married to four of his half sisters.

I believe one of  his daughters was supposed to marry,one of Daniel's brother's,her uncle.Daniel beat her ,and both men were arrested...I believe Daniel for beating his daughter,the other,for incest.