IGNORED

Escaping Polygamy - Mainly Kingston Clan - Otherwise Known as "The Order"

• 1 month later...

Does anyone know what happened to the politicsrusprinciple tumblr page? That woman really knew her info abour fundamentalist mormons, particularly who is who. I hope she is alright and wonder if anyone knows what happened?

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

New season of Escaping Polygamy starts on August 7th! I'm really excited. According to the previews, Shanell is happily married. Andrea is still in law school but can't stomach being a  child advocate anymore. She's changed her direction. And Jessica had to move. Apparently people from both FLDS and Kingston Clan have started stalking her and threatening her children. She said she was told that when her girls are older they're gonna take them as brides.

• Upvote 4

47 minutes ago, quiversR4hunting said:

New show tonight! A&E 10 pm eat. :D

So jealous. I have no cable :( (I am NOT living off the gird -fuck that-, I am just cheap LOL)

• Upvote 2

A guy and his family escaped the AUB on the newest episode. Made me think of the Browns since that was their group. They seemed less threatening than the other groups- the guy escaping said he was more worried about guilt tactics rather than physical force. But then there was a "laser" in a neighbor's house. Not sure how real that was, haha. But good episode overall 

• Upvote 3

There seemed to be a lot of tension after the escape, as in Andrea and Jessica were pissed that the husband had not disclosed about the militia business beforehand. How do these escapees make a living after leaving the compound? Those rental houses looked pretty nice but how do they afford them?

• Upvote 2

On 7/19/2017 at 1:17 PM, Exjw2015deed said:

Does anyone know what happened to the politicsrusprinciple tumblr page? That woman really knew her info abour fundamentalist mormons, particularly who is who. I hope she is alright and wonder if anyone knows what happened?

Just came on here to ask the same thing! 

• Upvote 2

8 hours ago, Tom_Schmidt said:

There seemed to be a lot of tension after the escape, as in Andrea and Jessica were pissed that the husband had not disclosed about the militia business beforehand. How do these escapees make a living after leaving the compound? Those rental houses looked pretty nice but how do they afford them?

Yeah that second log-style home was absolutely beautiful! I was thinking the same thing. Maybe he lined up a job prior to plotting his escape. 

I couldn't tell if they were just drumming up drama with Andrea and Jessica and the militia thing or if it was a true safety issue. 

• Upvote 2

I wonder how much they get paid for being on the show.  Two houses and that one was gorgeous so yes how are they paying for it.  This episode more than many of the others felt scripted and fake to me quite often.  

• Upvote 7

I looked up rentals, just because why not, in that area, and the rents not cheap, so they have to be doing something. I remember the aunt Kathy episode that said her adult sons were paying rent till she got on her feet.. I bet there are some escaped family safety nets to fall back on, but that last house though.....

• Upvote 3

I don't know, some of these polygamy people seem to be working a lot. And if 1 adult watches all the kids and the rest works a job, that could bring in some money. With living a frugal life, they could have some nice savings. That, along with what the show pays them and someone on the outside with a job offer could work for a nice house. 

Anyone see the last episode? I don't know how that woman is living in her house with all the FLDS and gd squad around. I would be scared all the time. And it's not like she can sell it, FLDS doesn't have the money to buy her house.  I can't wait for part 2. I want to see what happens with her other daughter. I also wonder where she hid her other kids. I don't think they live in that house. It's too dangerous. 

• Upvote 1

Anyone see the last episode? I don't know how that woman is living in her house with all the FLDS and gd squad around. I would be scared all the time. And it's not like she can sell it, FLDS doesn't have the money to buy her house.  I can't wait for part 2. I want to see what happens with her other daughter. I also wonder where she hid her other kids. I don't think they live in that house. It's too dangerous. 

Colorado City isn't what it used to be. Many loyal FLDS people have left. There is currently no leader in town. Former members (apostates) have returned and are living in their old homes by the dozens. They also have run for public office and have taken over the city council and many of LE positions. They have reopened the schools and are graduating from high school again. You can find many articles about these things via the Deseret News and the Salt Lake Tribune.
I wonder how much they get paid for being on the show.  Two houses and that one was gorgeous so yes how are they paying for it.  This episode more than many of the others felt scripted and fake to me quite often.  

His family and former friends bombarded the Escaping Polygamy FB group saying that he lied and made most of it up. The red laser in the window was a kid playing with a headlamp (that has the option for a red light) in his room. He and his wives just got kicked out of those homes that production gave them for six months. It's too bad they chose to film him when there are other people who really do need help leaving.
  • Upvote 4

Thanks for the info.  No wonder I kept feeling like it was all faked.

• Upvote 3

23 minutes ago, Coconut Flan said:

Thanks for the info.  No wonder I kept feeling like it was all faked.

I think it is about as real as "Breaking Amish" or "Escaping Alaska."

In other words - not!

• Upvote 2

The exchange between Jessica and her mom was actually touching. Jessica was so poised and well spoken and said everything she wanted to say but did so respectfully. The episode overall was sad since the lady didn't get reunited with her daughters

• Upvote 5

I was watching reruns and the episode with the tax raid. If I was Jessica or Andrea, I would have gone after my money. I know it sounds cold but if your mom didn't protect you, a few thousand dollars is nothing compared to what she did(well didn't do). Especially with the new episode, Jessica was so composed. At that point I wouldn't care if Heidi was penalized for that money. Plus if she did decide to go after that money, it could start a domino effect for all the child laborers. And an actual court case that shines light on child labor isn't such a bad thing. The only way to get anything done is to hit them were it hurts and that unfortunately isn't child labor or bigamy. The only way is thru money. The insider was right to send documents to IRS. No one works faster than IRS. It's kinda scary how much faster they work than other departments.

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

The episode with the mom trying to reach her daughters was really heartbreaking, but the way the mother talked about her children bothered me. She kept saying how she had a right to know where her (adult) children are and what they were up to didn't feel right to me, as someone who has purposefully estranged herself from a parent. Of course this is a much different situation, but I still thought it was a very strange way of speaking, very possessive. 

• Upvote 4

While there are always staged things on shows like these, I appeciate the real parts that are there. Who those people are are real facts and some of them are children of people like Warren Jeffs. When they showed that boy Isaac on the last episode it gave me goosebumps. You can't stage a personality like that. Yes, you can edit, but there are definitely things that are very real.

• Upvote 3

Remember the FLDS mother who was trying to get her daughter out? Lizzie & Julie? Well, I think she's out! This was posted last year:

Beautiful daughter 14 yrs old today. 6 months together now after 3 years apart. Very blessed. (Posted by Liz's neighbor)

In another post, she says she's had a very difficult year, and is trying to keep contact with some sisters and friends, so it sounds like they're all out (even though they're wearing FLDS clothes in the pic.)

Lizzie.jpg

Edited by snickerz
clarifying/mixed up names
  • Upvote 2