IGNORED

Escaping Polygamy - Mainly Kingston Clan - Otherwise Known as "The Order"

On 7/13/2018 at 7:23 PM, PumaLover said:

I have been watching it on DirecTV on A&E. I also have a Post It still on my computer that says the new season started Monday June 4th (although I forgot to start recording it that day). I have been a longtime fan of DirecTV and even recommended it to others but they've been changing it so much I'm about to drop them. I used to be able to record a show and set it to first run or reruns only. But now it just records everything so half the time I'm not sure if I'm seeing something new or old, and it doesn't always show the date. Also half the episodes I want to watch ("Not Without My Daughter," for example) are on demand and don't always work! 

I feel like I keep seeing the same episodes with different names so as others mentioned I think the episodes are all a mix of new and old footage. I really love the show and was glad to see that it was coming back. I was able to watch the Rachel Jeffs episode the other night and that one was really interesting. I also just bought her book but haven't started it yet. 

I am writing a book about a girl who escapes from a cult and this show is great research for me :)

i think reruns are messing with people, because i've been tracking the new episodes and as far as i can tell, it looks like brand new footage. they've just helped isaac jeffs escape (one of warren jeffs sons) via raymond jeffs (his brother) and last i saw they were attempting to help isaac contact his mother who he hadn't seen for about three years. i think they have used some older footage to refresh some people's memory about who all is what but from what i'm watching it looks like mostly new footage and new material. oh, and they also helped another girl escape, she was from the order, she was from one of the guys who'd never had a child escape like ever, so she was the first. i can't remember her name, though.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...
On 7/27/2018 at 5:07 AM, browncoatslytherin said:

i think reruns are messing with people, because i've been tracking the new episodes and as far as i can tell, it looks like brand new footage. 

You know what, you are right, and it's on Lifetime HD not A&E. Not sure how I made that mistake. For some reason all my DirecTV shows don't all show up when I hit list anymore and that's what was throwing me. It looks like I have several episodes recorded from the new season.

• Upvote 1

This is a horribly bec thing to say. I wish I found the leads more engaging. They are doing an excellent thing, I admire their mission. But for tv watching purposes, they are a bit dull. I can’t tell them apart. Perhaps that’s not truly essential to the show. It isn’t their story.  

• Upvote 3

I'm really disappointed when, at the end, after receiving the help, they still choose to go back. It's so sad to see just how controlled they really are.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

On 8/30/2016 at 3:19 PM, SilverBeach said:

Daniel Kingston is married to two of his half sisters. :dontgetit:

Rachel Jeffs is indeed amazing. 

The one who went back to marry her first cousin did so because she really loved him. At least she got to pick, but I don't get marrying your first cousin either.

The keep sweet voice, ugh, such a turnoff. When Meechelle Duggar does it I want to slap her. These women I feel sorry for.

I heard Daniel Kingston is married to four of his half sisters.

I believe one of  his daughters was supposed to marry,one of Daniel's brother's,her uncle.Daniel beat her ,and both men were arrested...I believe Daniel for beating his daughter,the other,for incest.

• WTF 1

• 2 months later...

The Kingston’s want to keep their bloodline pure so there is a lot of intermarriage. They also did experiments on breading a superior line of cows through inbreeding.  

• Disgust 2
  • WTF 2

1 hour ago, DarkAnts said:

The Kingston’s want to keep their bloodline pure so there is a lot of intermarriage. They also did experiments on breading a superior line of cows through inbreeding.  

... because cow dna and human dna are totally the same thing and will totally behave the same way ... *facepalm*

• Upvote 1

I probably already said this in this very thread but I guess I’ll say it again. A one time deal of procreating through close incest probably won’t produce genetic abnormalities. It’s the incest happening over and over again that will cause major issues. If cousins marry cousins, then their kids marry cousins, then their kids marry cousins, then it will be bad. I’m pretty sure they already have genetic issues in that group and it’s just going to get worse and worse as more people marry their relatives.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

I don't condone incest in any way.

But,sometimes does it take a generation or two of inbreeding to start seeing genetic issues?

I read somewhere they have had babies born blind,mssing limbs,without fingernails etc.All signs of genetic issues.

• Upvote 1

I see it in my neighborhood all the time. I'm Ashkenazi Jewish. And a lot of the time walking down the street in the very religious neighborhoods you see multiple children from the same family have physical problems. The rabbis actually make everyone get tested for Tay Sachs. If it's an arranged marriage, they won't marry a couple if both are carriers. It's not that we're actively inbreeding but because there's not a lot of us, it's just possible to not even know if you're marrying a third cousin or something. 

The problem with the Kingstons is that they actively marry super close relatives, brothers/sisters, uncles/nieces, first cousins. 

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

i swear i'm getting antsy sitting around, waiting to hear if the show's been renewed for season 5. i haven't heard anything either way yet. argh! i just wanna know!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

• 2 months later...

It's somewhat explaining how the Kingston bank works and updating on the Washakie biofuel fraud case. Apparently, when the FBI raided the Kingstons, they took a LOT of documents,  but were mostly interested in Washakie info.

• Upvote 2

• 1 month later...

Looks like they did get another season! I really like this show. I don't think I have mentioned this here before, but I find it so therapeutic to watch because (while not from a polygamist situation) I had and escape like these. It was well planned, every eventuality thought of and planned for including separation from my child while escaping. Down to the minute. Those were the scariest 45 minutes of my life. I am so glad that in their community they are doing this work and giving help to those who need a way out. A police officer ended up catching wind of my plan and stepped in to help make sure all I was doing every step was legal. I will forever be thankful all involved. I feel so much for those who leave.

• Love 13

On 11/28/2018 at 7:39 AM, melon said:

I don't condone incest in any way.

But,sometimes does it take a generation or two of inbreeding to start seeing genetic issues?

I read somewhere they have had babies born blind,mssing limbs,without fingernails etc.All signs of genetic issues.

Yes, it does take time, usually.  Over generations,  real bad things happen.  Genetics are funny. Quite interesting.  My son inherited a terrible genetic condition via my husband and myself.  We are no where near related but hundreds of years ago, our ancestors lived in a mountain area of France, where this particular genetic condition stems from ( yes! They actually know that. Fascinating, really) . We are both carriers.  No one from either of our families has a history of this condition or any condition.  It's recessive and if two carriers make a baby, there is a 1 in 4 chance that baby will have the disorder.  The chances are astronomical.  It would be easier to win the lottery, chance wise. Most likely,  hundreds of years ago, cousins married cousins as they did. And here we are. 

So, it can happen by accident.  Like someone mentioned above, the Jewish community ( because they tend to marry fellow Jews) gets hit by this and some have taken steps to avoid it. Or, you can purposely intermarry and wait a bit for issues to show up. I believe the British Royals to this day have hemophilia problems.  But, they are not marrying cousins anymore so I suppose it's going away, hopefully. 

• Upvote 8

As an interesting aside ( nothing to do with incest, at least nowadays), I've attended symposiums for my son's affliction.  Genius geneticists speak at them. Fascinating.  It seems as time goes on, Friedrichs ataxia is on the rise overall.  In general, genetic conditions can be beneficial to the carriers or *nature* wouldn't continue them. They don't know the benefits because time and money is being spent to cure ot halt the disorder.  But, they strongly feel there is a benefit.  As an example: sickle cell anemia.  Carriers are immune to malaria.  The skeeters don't like their blood. But, full on sickle cell anemia is bad for the human, who is still immune to malaria but suffers. Idk, I find it all fascinating! 

In cases of incest, the anomalies are telling us that it's not ok and bad for the race to continue.  Feelings aside, nature is speaking to us. Teaching us. 

• Upvote 5

@Beermeet Genetics is really fascinating. That is interesting about the malaria and sickle cell anemia connection. I had not heard of that before. I am off to google more!

• Upvote 1

4 new episodes start next Monday on Lifetime. at 9:55 pm EST they will preview what they will concentrate on but considering they are rerunning FLDS (Isaac and him meeting his mom) I assume the new episodes have to do with the FLDS. 

The special 4- week event will air at 10 pm EST on Mondays. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

The preview didn't say which group besides it is a cult and militia. So it could still be the FLDS or a Kingston compound 

• Upvote 1

It looks like the 4 episodes will all be FLDS.

Last night the ladies teamed up with Rachel Jeffs to help Carole escapes from a house of repentance in Nebraska and then they go over to the Short Creek and see her cousin before she leaves the life. Carole was in a forbidden relationship and that is why she was sent away. At the airing of the show she still believed Warren was the profit (like many do). The show did a little write up on her life after leaving. I remember it saying she is now in college and working full-time. I don't remember the rest. 

The sad thing is the FLDS seem to have an ever growing network of repentance homes. :( 

• Upvote 2

Oh man I forgot the show came back. I need to watch last nights episode. FLDS also seems to be expanding into 'new' states. I don't think I've ever heard of them in Nebraska before. 

50 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Oh man I forgot the show came back. I need to watch last nights episode. FLDS also seems to be expanding into 'new' states. I don't think I've ever heard of them in Nebraska before. 

There was a 2nd one at 10 pm (est) but I think the new one was on at 9 pm and that is the one I quickly gave a recap above. If the new one was on at 10 pm, I missed it, I was too tired last night to stay up.