IGNORED

Nathan (WAS) Courting Ashley (pt. 2)

SpoonfulOSugar

I hate how they act like they are the only civilized heart-piece breakers.  Kelly going on about how Nathan and Ashley can stay friends and how that usually doesn't happen.  Ugh.  Um...I know lots of people (friends and myself) who have broken up "normal" relationships, and it wasn't some disaster zone where the two hated each other at the end.  And guess what, we were throwing heart pieces left and right in those relationships.  If Kelly thinks Nathan did not lose any heart pieces, she's deluded.  I really wonder where they get all their information about "the world" - they act like they somehow figured out how to walk on two legs amongst all us rutting boars out here.:pb_rollseyes:

• Replies 477
  • Created
  • Last Reply
13 hours ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Didn't someone a while back say that they didn't think Ashley, a New Yorker would want to live somewhere else? I guess they were right. 

I was one of those people. I didn't think someone that young from the Bronx would enjoy moving to a smaller town. I was shocked to see that they were even dating. I thought she was into that skylar guy, (but I think i just want to see someone marry him.) 

I just think Nathan also seems the most like Gil. He wants to stay in rocky top, and was is likely to take over the tree business. Lawson wasn't into it, zach found his own career, so Nathan seems the next to inherit. Also Nathan seemed uncomfortable with her affection, like he would prefer a duggar type, side hug courtship. I do feel bad it didn't work out.'

Well looking at tumblr it appears Lawson may have a girlfriend named "Mariah". Apparently one of the kids slipped during a live stream. Did anyone else watch this?

p.s. I love how the kids always out the courting older siblings lol. 

image.png

13 hours ago, MorningMist said:

I didn't get a good look at the photo to confirm but seems plausible. Why wait another day though? Still a bit shady.

Maybe because he realized it was shitty to post it before the parents had announced the birth? I get being excited and all (I just welcome my first nephew a few months ago), but parents should decide how to share that news - whether they do it themselves or allow their reality TV show network to release it for them. Not Lawson's place to share the news before Zachney does.

----

As for the uncoupling of Nashley - I'm sorry if he was genuinely upset. It's got to be tough breaking up with a camera shoved in your face to broadcast your pain to the entire country.

I hope both of them are doing ok and they realize at some point that it's better they realized they weren't happy now rather than after they were married.

And if Kelly was responsible for posting that picture after they broke up, even if UP have her the idea or order - I think it just shows that she doesn't care about her kid's feelings and thoughts as much as she wants people to think. What kind of parent does that?!

I could never imagine Ashley, a girl who grew up in NYC wanting to move down to bumfuck Tennessee and be the submissive sweet wife to a tree trimmer. 

Just admit it Kelly! Their hormones got them all excited around one another and didn't think through the whole "someone has to move when we get married."

1 hour ago, Exjw2015deed said:

Well looking at tumblr it appears Lawson may have a girlfriend named "Mariah". Apparently one of the kids slipped during a live stream. Did anyone else watch this?

Here's the link:

I couldn't figure out at which point the courting stuff comes up. Someone else?

I don't know if they just edited the video that way, but I hate how Kelly seems to interrupt Nathan in the beginning of the clip and goes like "Hey I thought you guys had talked this over with god and all and that was what he wanted and y'all liked each other so long before that so what are you trying to tell me now?" before she let's him finish what he's trying to say. Sure she consoles him nice enough afterwards, but that's just not the reaction I expect from a parent with a heartbroken kid.

I do see the sad irony that the Bates boys are 0 for 2 on their first courtships and the girls are 3 for 3. (Courtships that actually result in marriage.)

9 minutes ago, Audrey2 said:

I do see the sad irony that the Bates boys are 0 for 2 on their first courtships and the girls are 3 for 3. (Courtships that actually result in marriage.)

From the little knowledge of human anatomy i have, i'm pretty sure boys don't have precious hymens to protect

Just now, Fundie Bunny said:

From the little knowledge of human anatomy i have, i'm pretty sure boys don't have precious hymens to protect

Still, no matter how much we loathe them and their beliefs, it has to suck to see your sisters more successful in the lifestyle you were raised  to want than you are.

I thought Nathan's chat with his parents seemed very scripted.  Let's remember that there was a camera crew in the room.  Jackson was (conveniently) sharing his heart with Kelly and Gil and Nathan happened to mosey in as Jackson was finishing.  Neither parent appeared surprised at Nathan's news, there was the usual zero detail shared about why they broke up, Kelly then said she had "a peace" about it - Lord's plan kind of thing, and Gil told Nathan not to be discouraged.  Nathan did seem upset...but I believe the news was old and he was doing a great acting job.  Not that he wouldn't have been upset about it, just not at filming time.

I really wondered whether Jackson and Nathan had their appointments pencilled in on a sign-up sheet.

My guess is that Nathan will be hitched to a perky country girl pretty soon.  Kelly is probably on the job and I think Nathan is ready to marry.

1 hour ago, freethemall said:

I couldn't figure out at which point the courting stuff comes up. Someone else?

It happens around 8 minutes in. 

I find it hard to snark on a broken heart, and from what I see in the video, either Nathan is an excellent actor, or he seemed painfully sincere in his heartbreak. 

I'll forever keep snarking on the "pieces of your heart" spiel, come on, whatever you want to call it - dating for Jesus, courtship, purpose to marry - it's still an emotional investment and there is bound to be heartbreak when things don't work out. 

I believe this was hormones first, thinking later - which is not unusual in teenage crushes (which is what these are, irrespective of biological age). 

I know that if my mom told me it's all god's plan right at that moment when I just want to cry, I'd be pretty mad. 

16 hours ago, Bazinga said:

I know my opinion doesn't really matter, but what a sad way to live your life where you can't even post a photo of a natural family event. To not get to share the joy of a new niece over $$$ is pathetic. Or to post photos of your son and his now ex-girlfriend, when they clearly had already broken up just to boost ratings. The unfortunate thing is the adult children have to play along or else they probably (pure speculation) won't see any $$$ either. I really wish this family would have looked at the Duggars and seen how money truly changed them (In which I mean there was no sacred moment. Everything was always set in place for TV or a magazine cover). I guess if I had 19 mouths to feed I might sell my soul to the devil too, but I do feel bad for these kids. It's a warped sense of reality and I can only imagine that *some* of the children truly want to live a life of peace and away from everyone and UPs watchful eye.

Kelly is going to be gleefully videoing her injured child if she doesn't watch out.

Gil and Kelly don't need to do this to feed their children. They want to do this. Gil gets paid by IBLP, he gets paid by his church and and could go make his tree business bring in money if he wanted to, but no, he goes with exploiting children. 

1 hour ago, Dandruff said:

I thought Nathan's chat with his parents seemed very scripted.  Let's remember that there was a camera crew in the room.  Jackson was (conveniently) sharing his heart with Kelly and Gil and Nathan happened to mosey in as Jackson was finishing.  Neither parent appeared surprised at Nathan's news, there was the usual zero detail shared about why they broke up, Kelly then said she had "a peace" about it - Lord's plan kind of thing, and Gil told Nathan not to be discouraged.  Nathan did seem upset...but I believe the news was old and he was doing a great acting job.  Not that he wouldn't have been upset about it, just not at filming time.

I really wondered whether Jackson and Nathan had their appointments pencilled in on a sign-up sheet.

My guess is that Nathan will be hitched to a perky country girl pretty soon.  Kelly is probably on the job and I think Nathan is ready to marry.

I think the scene was set up too but I think once Nathan started talking about it again, it really upset him. I'm sure those were real tears. But the conversation was definitely set up. And Jackson threw in "it's winter" for no reason.  It obviously was spring.

2 hours ago, Audrey2 said:

Still, no matter how much we loathe them and their beliefs, it has to suck to see your sisters more successful in the lifestyle you were raised  to want than you are.

Although both the boys have had broken courtships now, I see the girls differently. I think it's more common for girls in the fundie circles to get married young. And that works ok if the guy is older.  The boys with broken courtships were young at the time. While the bates girls married guys older than them (mostly mid 20s). Zach's second courtship worked out probably because he was older and wiser. I really think the worst courtships and marriages are where the guy is young too. Example: Josiah, Ben, Zach, and now Nathan. 

do we know of any fundies named mariah? it sounds very possible he's getting to know her and they've yet to make it official.

something i found interesting during the first few minutes of the live stream was someone asked when lawson's going to start courting, and josie said "when he finds somebody to put up with him long enough" with a face. makes me think he's maybe got close to a number of girls and they've pulled the plug.

3 minutes ago, actuallyjessica said:

do we know of any fundies named mariah? it sounds very possible he's getting to know her and they've yet to make it official.

something i found interesting during the first few minutes of the live stream was someone asked when lawson's going to start courting, and josie said "when he finds somebody to put up with him long enough" with a face. makes me think he's maybe got close to a number of girls and they've pulled the plug.

That wouldn't surprise me at all. Lawson looks fabulous on paper amongst the fundies. But it's all shot to hell when he opens his mouth.

I'm sure they fucked with this timeline somehow but that's par for the course with these shows. Nathan was being genuine with his feelings and the conversation sounded staged but felt pretty raw. I felt bad for him. But i do think they were mismatched in a way that probably wouldn't have been the best so I'm glad they listened to those signs. 

Now, do we know any fundie Mariah's? I do believe Lawson is courting with his weird tweets after jinjer was announced and now this yes. Love it when the kids out them.

45 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Although both the boys have had broken courtships now, I see the girls differently. I think it's more common for girls in the fundie circles to get married young. And that works ok if the guy is older.  The boys with broken courtships were young at the time. While the bates girls married guys older than them (mostly mid 20s). Zach's second courtship worked out probably because he was older and wiser. I really think the worst courtships and marriages are where the guy is young too. Example: Josiah, Ben, Zach, and now Nathan. 

And Josh Duggar (he and Anna were both 20 when they got married)

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

Yes. These fundies really need to push their boys to wait but obviously that's hard when you can't even kiss before marriage...

30 minutes ago, MsSaylor said:

I'm sure they fucked with this timeline somehow but that's par for the course with these shows. Nathan was being genuine with his feelings and the conversation sounded staged but felt pretty raw. I felt bad for him. But i do think they were mismatched in a way that probably wouldn't have been the best so I'm glad they listened to those signs. 

Now, do we know any fundie Mariah's? I do believe Lawson is courting with his weird tweets after jinjer was announced and now this yes. Love it when the kids out them.

Mariah campana, but she's the wrong brand of Fundie, I think. Runs in the smorton/sanders circles. 

15 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

There was so much more wrong there with Josh than just age!

:omg:

I just re-watched the whole conversation and the set up is so fake! Like I said the tears were real but Gil and Jackson are just the worst actors, lol.

i also noticed that Lawson, Trace, and Nate were all wearing different clothing when doing the talking head about splitting wood compared to the talking head of when they were talking about the break up. However everyone else was wearing the same thing the whole episode during their talking heads. 

5 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Anyone else think little Jebbie's a bit young to be trying to split wood with an axe?

I don't know. I suppose if they supervise him the whole time it's ok. I actually had an accident with an ax when I was a little older than Jeb but I wasn't being supervised. And actually was told not to touch it. I was a rotten one ;-)

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived