IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozenty!!11!- Part 19 and counting

samurai_sarah

The videos...

Jill & D are leg humping Michelle, but that is to be expected. No surprise there.

The fact that one of the boys mentions that he wants a woman who is Godly like his mom for his future spouse, I just about vomited. I really don't know which of the J boys is which. Probably because I stopped watching the show in order to snark on it.

As for the M Kids, OMG, are they adorable. 

• Replies 463
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Holy Bandana Batman!

Well it's a look, I'll give him that. (it's only a matter of time before he morphs into Willie Nelson)

51Evgc1aKkL._SY445_.jpg

Check out those defrauding shorts!

The Bates females also toured PCC and we thought someone might be enrolling but now we know that Tori's boyfriend goes there.  Might Jinger have someone there as well and her best friend Jessa tagged along for the trip?  She certainly implied that she had someone.

The Bates females also toured PCC and we thought someone might be enrolling but now we know that Tori's boyfriend goes there.  Might Jinger have someone there as well and her best friend Jessa tagged along for the trip?  She certainly implied that she had someone.

The Bates may also have been there looking at the school for Carlin since she seemed to have shopped around for her Christian college of choice so the possibility that they may be looking at schools is not totally out there. I still doubt it.

I actually really like Derick's scruffy look, but I prefer that over clean-cut and especially over JB's level of "clean-cut" anytime. It has to be driving his in-laws crazy. What's not to like about that? I do feel a bit for how sick and tired Derick looks since moving abroad.

M-kids are cute, and Marcus' face has changed so much in the last year! I know he's at that age, but I really didn't recognize him at first in that video. I still picture him as bright blond with chubby cheeks.

5 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

Everything is relative. After the Duggar SOTDRT, Pensacola Christian may seem like Harvard would to a regular public high school graduate. 

Oh Em, don't you know that Wheaton College is God's Harvard? PCC is fundie University of Michigan - Ann Arbor. Not quite as good as Wheaton but a step up from Bob Jones. :sarcasm:

1 hour ago, NakedKnees said:

I actually really like Derick's scruffy look, but I prefer that over clean-cut and especially over JB's level of "clean-cut" anytime. It has to be driving his in-laws crazy. What's not to like about that?

Willie Nelson references aside ;) so do I. He's young, he's trying something new (I do think he looks better now the beard is shorter again though) and it definitely isn't the polo shirt/chinos combo that looks like they've come off some sort of Stepford husbands conveyor belt.  

9 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

Willie Nelson references aside ;) so do I. He's young, he's trying something new (I do think he looks better now the beard is shorter again though) and it definitely isn't the polo shirt/chinos combo that looks like they've come off some sort of Stepford husbands conveyor belt.  

I think Jill and Derick are a good match and make a nice team. It seems that being away from Duggarville has been good for them as a couple and as a family, Something good has come from all this.

Good for them. I hope the Dillards stay away and continue to live their own lives.

14 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

In the boys' video, Jackson seemed very immature to me.  More like an 8 year old than a 12 year old. Not so much what he said, but his general demeanor.

Jackson had always seemed immature to me, and it doesn't seem to be improving with time. Granted, all the J'kids seem immature, but Jackson seems to be the most extreme case of this. I worry about how he's going to make the transition to Gothard "young adulthood" in two to three years when he seems so far behind where he should be.

2 hours ago, NakedKnees said:

I actually really like Derick's scruffy look, but I prefer that over clean-cut and especially over JB's level of "clean-cut" anytime. It has to be driving his in-laws crazy. What's not to like about that? I do feel a bit for how sick and tired Derick looks since moving abroad.

M-kids are cute, and Marcus' face has changed so much in the last year! I know he's at that age, but I really didn't recognize him at first in that video. I still picture him as bright blond with chubby cheeks.

He's likely had plastic surgery so he can take off the first chance he gets.

55 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Oh Em, don't you know that Wheaton College is God's Harvard? PCC is fundie University of Michigan - Ann Arbor. Not quite as good as Wheaton but a step up from Bob Jones. :sarcasm:

:my_smile:. Good point.  But I think Bob Jones may rank ahead of PCC. :my_smile:

Actually I was talking about what the academic demands would seem like to the hypothetical student, not how they rank in terms of prestige.   Ann Arbor is bigger than Harvard and the support system tends to be less.  If PCC is like Ann Arbor, the Duggar kids won't survive.  (Once you get into the private Ivy League schools, there are "cushions" that you don't have in the big state schools, regardless of prestige.)

That being said, anything outside the TTC and away from the extended family would be good for the Duggarlings.  But it is unlikely they will get out.

On Jackson and immaturity.

Something I was thinking about. Jackson is the youngest of the boys and while we know that ATIers and Gotharites don't outwardly undervalue daughters (I mean, Jim Bob does a wonderful job of playing doting Daddy to his various daughters), they clearly treat women as chattel and believe that men need to take the headship role. 

So as the youngest boy, has he been treated differently from his brothers? He was clearly more often grouped in with the little girls, rather then the howlers.

As a result, I wonder, was he babied by Michelle and ignored by the older boys and Jim-Bob (who clearly has little use for his children unless they are cute or can be of use to him), which many be why he is immature.

11 minutes ago, devoe364 said:

On Jackson and immaturity.

Something I was thinking about. Jackson is the youngest of the boys and while we know that ATIers and Gotharites don't outwardly undervalue daughters (I mean, Jim Bob does a wonderful job of playing doting Daddy to his various daughters), they clearly treat women as chattel and believe that men need to take the headship role. 

So as the youngest boy, has he been treated differently from his brothers? He was clearly more often grouped in with the little girls, rather then the howlers.

As a result, I wonder, was he babied by Michelle and ignored by the older boys and Jim-Bob (who clearly has little use for his children unless they are cute or can be of use to him), which many be why he is immature.

Jackson is also the very first to be born in the spotlight. He's the stepping stone kid from silent fundiedom to fame. I do think they've babied him a bit. But he's also very close to Johannah. But that's obviously going to stop now that Hannie is a big girl and Joy and Jana have taken her under her wing to teach her to be a lady. Technically at 12, Jackson is still useless. He hasn't 'finished' school and he's too young to 'work' so he's probably going to be a floater for a few more years.

My guess is since he's also the male Josie & the last of the boys - last in a huge group of boys immediately before him. Given this and all that has happened in the last couple years (marriages, grandkids, scandals, more courting prospects, etc.) I think Jackson is in a relatively "sweet spot" and will most likely be able to stay with the girls for quite some time, if he chooses. He's probably not high up on the list of J&M or the sister moms priority list. I think some of the 'Hannie Homemaker' may have been scripted for the show. To me, it seems like Jenni may be more interested in these endeavors, my guess is in part to get that attention from the older girls, in Jill's absence. I worry and wonder about Jenni, and if she stays close to Joy now.

14 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

Jackson is also the very first to be born in the spotlight. He's the stepping stone kid from silent fundiedom to fame. I do think they've babied him a bit. But he's also very close to Johannah. But that's obviously going to stop now that Hannie is a big girl and Joy and Jana have taken her under her wing to teach her to be a lady. Technically at 12, Jackson is still useless. He hasn't 'finished' school and he's too young to 'work' so he's probably going to be a floater for a few more years.

Very good point. Jackson is useless at 12, and I think as a result, Michelle continues to baby him because he is her last boy and therefore her precious baby boy. I also think as the first baby born in the spotlight, he may have actually gotten more of Michelle's attention then some of the other howlers, who were totally raised by the J'slaves got. 

He is probably kept EXTREMELY seperated from Hannie at this point, especially in light of what Josh did, which may result in him regressing and acting more immature than he is.

I have done a lot of reading about sexual abuse recently (I've gone back to the 90s and am watching Judging Amy and Law & Order: SVU (I totally typed Law & Order: SUV there, which could be a more interesting spin off then some of their previous spin offs!) and so I am interested) and there are some interesting beliefs about kids who form sibling bonds and therefore don't experience sexual attraction to each other.

Hannie and Jackson clearly had a very tight sibling bond. Now that Hannie is a J'slave herself, Jackson is no longer able to rely on that bond. Just a theory however, 

Poor Jackson... remember when they lost him in the airport and Michelle was too busy on her stupid phone to comfort him. He was only 3 or 4 and he was so distraught.

The Hartono girl, Jennifer I think? posted a picture of her with most of the Duggar fam. She goes to PCC so maybe they were just visiting her? Oh wait it all makes sense now, I've looked on the PCC website and the Commencement ceremony is tomorrow. So they are there for Hartono's Commencement and not because Jim Bob was actually considering letting a kid go to fundie College.

4 minutes ago, Larry said:

Poor Jackson... remember when they lost him in the airport and Michelle was too busy on her stupid phone to comfort him. He was only 3 or 4 and he was so distraught.

The thing about the incident which I remember is that when he was found he went crying for Jana.  Scared little kid, mum is present but he went seeking his sister for comfort.  That to me says everything there is to know about where the attachment is between little children and caregivers (and who they see as a care giver).

2 hours ago, Larry said:

The Hartono girl, Jennifer I think? posted a picture of her with most of the Duggar fam. She goes to PCC so maybe they were just visiting her? Oh wait it all makes sense now, I've looked on the PCC website and the Commencement ceremony is tomorrow. So they are there for Hartono's Commencement and not because Jim Bob was actually considering letting a kid go to fundie College.

Awww, I figured that might be the case. I forget how close the Hartonos and the Duggars are. 

Also, which episode did this happen in? Is the video available on You Tube? I haven't heard of this before. 

5 minutes ago, Jinder Roles said:

Also, which episode did this happen in? Is the video available on You Tube? I haven't heard of this before. 

It was from the episode Duggars Do New York.

12 hours ago, MorningMist said:

The Bates may also have been there looking at the school for Carlin since she seemed to have shopped around for her Christian college of choice so the possibility that they may be looking at schools is not totally out there. I still doubt it.

edited b/c I missed the post regarding Jennifer Hartono's IG post. That is certainly the connection here, as well as it not just being a trip for older Duggars. Everyone down to Grossie Josie was in the shot. But no sign of the Josh Duggar brood. 

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

edited b/c I missed the post regarding Jennifer Hartono's IG post. That is certainly the connection here, as well as it not just being a trip for older Duggars. Everyone down to Grossie Josie was in the shot. But no sign of the Josh Duggar brood. 

So, what's the story on this moniker?

2 minutes ago, EyeQueue said:

Grossie Josie

This is just a child... when did she get this moniker?! @marmalade not you, @EyeQueue

Yeah. Josie is a kid. Let's not call her Grossie, hm?

6 hours ago, marmalade said:

But no sign of the Josh Duggar brood. 

Pickles has photos of Josh, Anna and the Ms - inc one of Josh posing with some young girls.  Guess he's not a social pariah in those circles.

7 hours ago, EyeQueue said:

So, what's the story on this moniker?

I'm guessing from that episode where she was licking and sticking those pizza toppings on? That was pretty gross. 

• FundieFarmer locked and unpinned this topic

Archived