IGNORED

Ben, Jessa, Spurgeon Six

SpoonfulOSugar

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, HowsMolly said:

I completely understand sometimes having a messy kitchen or unmade beds but I don't understand filming or taking photos for the world to see without cleaning up first. I mean, isn't that what homemakers do? Make the home nice to live in...? I work full time but could never imagine leaving grease splatters on my stove for a week. :my_confused: 

You give Jessa a lot of credit here by calling her a HOMEMAKER.   She is a baby maker.   Big difference.   

B

17 minutes ago, MoonFace said:

You give Jessa a lot of credit here by calling her a HOMEMAKER.   She is a baby maker.   Big difference.   

B

a homemaker - who said that - THAT'S HILARIOUS

1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

There is a note to excuse the week's worth of grease spatters on the stove!  WTF????   If you are making a video to post wouldn't you at least PRETEND that you've cared enough to clean up the freakin space that you are showing on the video?   Why the hell was the stove not cleaned for a week? And it's a bonus to find clean spoons in the drawer?    WTF do they do all day that they can't clean up after a meal?  

Oh yeah!  I know!   They are in that unmade bed..... 

I didn't realize that that it WAS a bonus to find clean spoons in the drawer - meaning they never have clean cutlery

maybe the garbage disposal eats them.

I agree perhaps all they do is have sex eww :D

It again shows how immature they are - they are frat babies

7 minutes ago, nst said:

a homemaker - who said that - THAT'S HILARIOUS

I didn't realize that that it WAS a bonus to find clean spoons in the drawer - meaning they never have clean cutlery

maybe the garbage disposal eats them.

I agree perhaps all they do is have sex eww :D

It again shows how immature they are - they are frat babies

That might actually be accurate. :5624795033223_They-see-me-rollinroll:

4 hours ago, nst said:

well since she had spurgeon clinging on to her necklace - i am glad she wasn't cooking something on the stove so spud could hurt himself

and does anyone else think Jessa looks a little puffed 

i never use butter unless I am making cinnamon toast. - i use olive oil and garlic a lot :D

my thoughts were 

they have a lot  of knick knacks and crap - i am a minimalist - so that would drive  me nuts. 

I hate cherries  or those red things they used 

they obviously like butter and I don't like couscous 

ARE YOU PREGNANT :) WONDERFUL NEWS 

Yeah, that shit all over the counter would make me all sorts of agitated. I have a teeny tiny NY apartment kitchen, but I still can't stand having stuff on the counter tops. Ever appliance is tucked away in a closet where I don't have to look at them unless they are currently in use.

4 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Lol! Yes. A little over five weeks now. Feeling more symptoms and much more confident than I did with my first pregnancy, so we are cautiously hopeful for a good outcome this time.

Congrats!!

12 hours ago, PecanThief said:

Okay yuck I just watched Ben + Jessa's couscous recipe video and that recipe was vile. Maybe I'm being biased because I don't like cucumbers but something about their couscous, chicken, cherry tomatoes, and cucumbers in a bowl is making my stomach turn. No wonder Ben looks so miserable all the time; I would too if I had to eat couscous garbage bowls for dinner.

Also Jessa having Spurgeon strapped to her while shes cooking over a hot stove? Wtf? Why do these people act like they want their children to get injured?!

heres the video btw

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=96OGC4Y13xk

The recipe looks decent, just kind of bland, and it's weird to throw cold veggies on top of hot food. I make something similar, except it's served cold, drizzled with balsamic and a whole bunch of herbs, and I use bulgur instead of couscous. Oh, and no where near that much oil or butter 'cause I'm all about low-fat cooking.

8 minutes ago, Denim Jumper said:

Yeah, that shit all over the counter would make me all sorts of agitated. I have a teeny tiny NY apartment kitchen, but I still can't stand having stuff on the counter tops. Ever appliance is tucked away in a closet where I don't have to look at them unless they are currently in use.

all their pictures all over the kitchen counters bothers the heck out of me.  Put it in one spot.  We all know you were married - no need to put it next to the stove.

:D

37 minutes ago, nst said:

all their pictures all over the kitchen counters bothers the heck out of me.  Put it in one spot.  We all know you were married - no need to put it next to the stove.

:D

No worries - the pictures will be covered in so much grease shortly that no one will be able to tell what they are. 

2 hours ago, EmmieJ said:

My prayers/good wishes go out to you.  Sorry you're having nausea and hope it passes soon. 

Ben and Jessa share a trait with my 18-year old son - they are kind of slobs.  My son wouldn't notice the grease on the stove top until there was a grease fire.  However, since he's still in high school, I give him a pass.  Once he's married with children, he'd better figure out some basic cleaning techniques.  It takes less than five minutes to wipe down the stove top and counter tops with a mildly soapy sponge, or use a paper towel and some vinegar/water.  (I cannot stand dirty dishes in the sink, a mess on the counter top or a greasy stove top - gross!)

Aw thanks! I'm actually grateful for the nausea and other symptoms to be honest. I didn't get most of them last time and I'm just relieved to see them appear (even if it's uncomfortable.)

I'd replace the cucumbers with sautéed zucchini and mushrooms. I know that people eat warm "salads" but I prefer mine chilled, so if I was pimping this dish, I would not refer to it as a "salad." Maybe to the Duggwalds, anything with veggies is automatically a salad.

Anyone else notice the change in Jessa's voice during this video? It was much softer than her normal tone...almost pleasant.

6 hours ago, anotherone said:

What, you don't like the Cream of Crap recipes that they're always doing for holidays?

I'm assuming you mean "in moderation."  But remember that they bought like 20 lbs of butter for Thanksgiving dinner.  I love butter too (especially cinnamon toast :) but what I saw them put in that grocery cart turned my stomach.

Well, just because she BOUGHT all that butter doesn't mean she USED all of it. I'd like to think she just overestimated what they'd need. Js

Just got around to watching the video.....after I watched it I said to Mr. Butt "watch this video, tell me what you see and win a prize tonite!"

Gotta bribe him to watch anything related to the Duggars. Welp, he watched the video and his first comment was "Why in the f... does she have that baby strapped on her? Hey, that's a cute baby. Big knife there with that cute baby so close. Spattering grease on that baby who is too close. Filthy stove top. Is that enough and what is my prize?"

Damn, now I gotta think about a prize besides the obvious. Maybe a 3-2-1 cake....quick and easy.

So, Ben turns 21 on Thursday. Will Jessa write an ode to the GODLY MAN she married on social media, or will this birthday go by unnoticed by the public because a TLC-taped party is in the works? 

Really, how DO fundies celebrate their 21st? All I remember from the Duggars is Jill's. She got an awkward lunch with her parents, flimed by TLC, in which she told them that she got a speeding ticket. She received an ugly cross necklace that I never saw her wear in any picture in the four years since. 

But TLC needs material, y'all, and this looks like a cheap plotline as well as a way to get god-awful Sierra involved again. 

I guess we shall see...or those who haven't been banned by Jessa will see....she banned me for posting to FJ's IG a few months ago. I was careful not to post on HER page, since she is known to ban anyone with an opposing viewpoint (even mild disagreements are enough for banning). So, keep your eyes peeled. 

If the Seewalds can't keep house with one child and neither parent employed full-time, how the hell are they going to manage with the eleventy kids they plan to have/adopt?

1 hour ago, marmalade said:

So, Ben turns 21 on Thursday. Will Jessa write an ode to the GODLY MAN she married on social media, or will this birthday go by unnoticed by the public because a TLC-taped party is in the works? 

Really, how DO fundies celebrate their 21st? All I remember from the Duggars is Jill's. She got an awkward lunch with her parents, flimed by TLC, in which she told them that she got a speeding ticket. She received an ugly cross necklace that I never saw her wear in any picture in the four years since. 

But TLC needs material, y'all, and this looks like a cheap plotline as well as a way to get god-awful Sierra involved again. 

I guess we shall see...or those who haven't been banned by Jessa will see....she banned me for posting to FJ's IG a few months ago. I was careful not to post on HER page, since she is known to ban anyone with an opposing viewpoint (even mild disagreements are enough for banning). So, keep your eyes peeled. 

not only will she write an ODE to a family man - she will post a video with Spud and Jill will as well with Israel. 

nothing is private - that's why we snark 

I see a plot line - big party for Ben with Sierra leading the charge 

CALLING it 

Flame can blow out the candles 

6 hours ago, nst said:

not only will she write an ODE to a family man - she will post a video with Spud and Jill will as well with Israel. 

nothing is private - that's why we snark 

I see a plot line - big party for Ben with Sierra leading the charge 

CALLING it 

Flame can blow out the candles 

Sierra will decide to make the party hip hop themed. It will be supremely awkward (Flame will come and have a constant "WTF why did I decide to be friends with these dipshits" look on his face the entire time) and Sierra and Jessa will fuck up at least 2 crucial elements, partially to ratchet up the drama and partially out of sheer incompetence. Because Joy has such a deep, abiding bond with Sierra that has lasted through the ages, she will end up doing most of the dirty work. Jana will be similarly enlisted/roped in. Jinger will take pictures. Ben will have a bunch of talking head segments where he looks and acts like he's been hotboxing in the prayer closet for four hours straight. Unfortunately Named Child will gurgle and be cute. They will somehow pimp Tacos 4 Life, Sam's Furniture, Chik-Fil-A, the Kendrick Brothers, or the Doughmestic Housewife (who will wonder how to make cookies in keeping with the Extremely Sheltered White People's Interpretation of Rap Music theme).

24 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

Unfortunately Named Child will gurgle and be cute.

Is that his Wu-Tang name?

8 hours ago, Mercer said:

If the Seewalds can't keep house with one child and neither parent employed full-time, how the hell are they going to manage with the eleventy kids they plan to have/adopt?

Absolutely right!

Plus what kind of education had Michelle gave to her children? They're not studying, not working, some of them are obviously lazy, they cannot cook, cannot properly clean a house. Come on, my mother worked full time and we attended public school and we had time enough to get a degree and learn housekeeping.

On 23 April 2016 at 6:25 AM, PennySycamore said:

I notice that Marcus is like my granddaughter.  They've retained part of their birth name as part of their adopted name.  Btw, we don't refer to this granddaughter as our adopted granddaughter.  She's just our granddaughter.

Thank God. My mother insists on referring to adoptees as " So and so's adopted daughter" (even if the girl is fifteen and was adopted at infancy. It drives me crazy.

14 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

Aw thanks! I'm actually grateful for the nausea and other symptoms to be honest. I didn't get most of them last time and I'm just relieved to see them appear (even if it's uncomfortable.)

Right, I had always heard that nausea is a symptom of a strong pregnancy, high hormone levels or something. Not comfortable a bit, but suffering is why we are honored on Mother's Day LOL.

9 hours ago, Mercer said:

Silly Mercer. By the time they have a bunch of kids, they's surely have some daughters over 5 years old to pick up the home making slack!

4 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

They will somehow pimp Tacos 4 Life, Sam's Furniture, Chik-Fil-A, the Kendrick Brothers, or the Doughmestic Housewife (who will wonder how to make cookies in keeping with the Extremely Sheltered White People's Interpretation of Rap Music theme).

Not a problem:

la1416_bakingwithmyhomies_2.jpg

4 hours ago, Coy Koi said:

Is that his Wu-Tang name?

I just ran his full name through the Wu-Tang Name Generator and his name is Fearless Worlock.

Not going to snark on their food. They're a young married couple enjoying experimenting with things that are DIFFERENT from what they grew up with. Mr. Wolf and I certainly did that in our early days together. We didn't video it though.

12 hours ago, Mercer said:

Seewald slaves.

2 minutes ago, nastyhobbitses said:

I just ran his full name through the Wu-Tang Name Generator and his name is Fearless Worlock.

I'm having doubts about his paternity then. Unfortunately Named Child seems like a much more likely contender for son of Unlucky Artist.

I hope the Spurge does live up to his Wu-Tang name and break free from the cult!

7 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Absolutely right!

Plus what kind of education had Michelle gave to her children? They're not studying, not working, some of them are obviously lazy, they cannot cook, cannot properly clean a house. Come on, my mother worked full time and we attended public school and we had time enough to get a degree and learn housekeeping.

I wondered that too, if you become a stay-at-home mom, shouldn't you know something about keeping a home?

Even the Amish become very knowledgeable farmers, woodworkers and seamstresses. I'm sure their houses are cleaner than the girls'.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived