IGNORED

Ben, Jessa, Spurgeon Six

SpoonfulOSugar

10 hours ago, Lillybee said:

My OB-Gyn was Dr. Work.

I know of a Randy Dick.  Why in the name of God if one's last name is Dick, why would you give him the first name of Randy.

My roommate in college was named Candra Dick, and yes, she went by Candy. We called her Sweet Peter.

• Replies 514
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Honestly, if I had the last name Dick I would just change it. I knew an Amanda Dick in high school and everything with her name on it got altered to include the middle name Sucks. Eventually she was just called Sucks. Not fun.

My digestive/colon doctor who performs my endoscopies and colonoscopies is Dr. Pugh (pronounced just like you think...pew). The staff surgeon is Dr Alapati (pronounced ala potty). I often wonder if peoples' names have a bearing on what their careers will be. :)

On 5/26/2016 at 9:21 AM, VelociRapture said:

Now I feel lame and uncreative for picking Anna and Brandon,

I suppose I can try to convince hubby that Velociraptor Barbarian or Magenta Royalty would be better options. :pb_lol:

VelociraptorIsTheWay

My ex's urologist was Dr Woodcock

Theres a very very very famous pain management doctor named Dr Pain.

I cant imagine purposely choosing a career to match your name. Theres no way that's coincidence. I wonder if they thought it was amusing so went with it or what, lol

Years ago when I lived in a small town two of the three candidates for the federal election had the names Mike Cox and Paul Dick.  I voted for the third candidate.

My boyfriend's last name is Riddle. He wants to have a son named Thomas. I told him there was no way I was going to name a kid "Voldemort." :pb_lol: 

Oh man, I was always annoyed that I had the most common name of my generation. Now, after reading this thread, I'm grateful that no one can make terrible puns out of it. I do have a unique name situation going on, I'm (first name) Margaret Elliott (last name). My grandmother was saddled with Florida Albertine. Apparently Florida is a French name meaning "flower." And she wondered why none of her grandkids were named after her...

We have a dentist named Dr. Der. License plate - DOC DER.

There is a Spurgeon's College. Ben should go there to study how to be a preacher. (Not really. That guy should stay far away from telling other people what is right, wrong, and how to live. Or speaking period. He talks so slow.) But he is too chicken to ever go to college that far from the Duggar compound. 

Wiki: Spurgeon's College is an Evangelical Christian theological college in South Norwood Hill, Croydon, London. 

Link: http://www.spurgeons.ac.uk

Currently, we are getting our master bathroom remodeled. The young 20 something who is assisting is named is Ben, and he sort of looks like Bin- and of course, I have to fight the tendency to call him Bin...I am sure that I have done it-

The obstetrician who delivered two of my nephews is named Dr. Cutting.  I always wondered if he does an unusual number of C-sections.

My OB-Gyn was Dr. Work.

I know of a Randy Dick.  Why in the name of God if one's last name is Dick, why would you give him the first name of Randy.

I went to high school with Peter Bush. 😐

55 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Currently, we are getting our master bathroom remodeled. The young 20 something who is assisting is named is Ben, and he sort of looks like Bin- and of course, I have to fight the tendency to call him Bin...I am sure that I have done it-

can you take a picture of him :D

and we will compare 

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived