IGNORED

Adoptive "Mothers" part deux

SpoonfulOSugar

• Replies 421
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I remember lurking on this thread long before I went off the deep end and finally made my FJ account, and one thing's not clear to me: where are these ladies finding all these children, and how are they getting them? Can you really just go pick one up as a single woman with dubious employment and mental health history? Can they order them online now?

In all seriousness, any other conversation I've heard about adoption has involved it being a long, excruciating process. And it's not just especially for LGBT folk, but also for older people (or "older" at 40+) and anyone who's had a checkered medical history (even if they've been in the clear for a long time). So it doesn't make sense to me how some of these people have been able to get children in practically no time, unless the whole international and/or special needs demographics have anything to do with it.

FWIW, It took Kimmie like 5 years to finally get a child. Then she got them in rapid succession. I don't know about the others.

13 hours ago, DarkAnts said:

Can someone give me the link to Kimmies blog?

Oh man, skip the first few years. It's all cats and baby clothes. Things get more interesting, then flat out crazy, when she adopted Jie Jie.

From what I understand, most countries are much more lax on their requirements if you are adopting an older or special needs child.  Kimmie waited for years to adopt a Chinese baby girl with no special needs, with no success.  Even when she was adopting first  Jie Jie, then Sissy, she was waiting for that perfect baby girl.   She finally accepted Apple with special needs, as that was the only way she was going to get her baby.

It also looks like she had to provide a 'certificate of heterosexuality' or some such thing, though I don't know if it is Chinas policy not to work with homosexuals, or the policy of her personal agency.

It has been so long without an update from Kimmie.  I am surprised.  She must have tons of photos of Apple at her birthday, and at Christmas with all her gifts.  Must be thinking of a way to spin a potential re-homing of Sissy, and pictures of Blossum and Jie Jie with their meager gifts.

I hope Jie-Jie is OK. She was supposed to have a pretty serious surgery on her spine as the curvature was affecting her lungs. Kimi posted in July that they would have it done within 4 months. a not putting every detail of these teenagers lives on the internet is great, I'm nosy person and want to know how everyone is doing. 

She shouldn't have to spin too hard.  "Due to Sissy's special needs, which are the most severe anyone has ever seen ever, the doctors, therapists and, of course I ,her Goddess Mother, decided that a group home setting would give Sissy the best chance to sharpen her extremely lacking social and self help skills.  I tried to warn them that she is basically the devil incarnate, so handicapped and yet so stunningly sneaky and sly but what do those medical professionals know?  After all I'm her Mommy Dearest, I mean Mother.    Don't worry, though, I'm sure I'll have to come and get her after they all find out that I was right all along and I can  do it better than they can."

• 1 month later...

Looks like Vickie's posted a few times after four months of inactivity. The irony of her bonding with her long-lost stepsister over their dysfunctional childhood (with the same kind of "mothering", in her words) kills me. Also, Apple is now exhibiting symptoms of a developmental delay. Can't Vick catch a break? /sarcasm

2 hours ago, Stormy said:

Looks like Vickie's posted a few times after four months of inactivity. The irony of her bonding with her long-lost stepsister over their dysfunctional childhood (with the same kind of "mothering", in her words) kills me. Also, Apple is now exhibiting symptoms of a developmental delay. Can't Vick catch a break? /sarcasm

I think you mean Kimmy! Vicky's the other terrible adoptive mother :)

6 hours ago, Granwych said:

There's nothing about Kimmie's fireman, either...

She mentioned him in another post farther down. She posted like 6 things in a span or a day or two.

Ugh. Its always the comments that get me on Kimmie's posts. The entries themselves are awful enough but then all of the commenters tell her what a fantastic mom she is and how much they admire her. I dont know how these people can read what I'm reading and come away with that conclusion. 

11 hours ago, alexandracabot said:

I think you mean Kimmy! Vicky's the other terrible adoptive mother :)

Ooooh, okay! Same difference. :P

So after falling down that rabbit hole, I don't see what the issue is with Avery other than possible behavioral issues. (Which, adopting an older child from overseas = likely.) I know something sets her apart from her former adoptive sisters (even down to the way she posed for pictures when they all went on a road trip), but what was Vickie expecting? A new China doll to put in her cabinet? I also don't understand the preemptive saga of Vickie writing about how hard Avery is to love (and then patting herself on the back when she'd convinced herself she did). I acknowledge that bonding with one's children is not always immediate, but whyyyyy would you vent about it on a public forum along with pictures of you, the child, and the rest of your family? And then there's all the supportive comments, and the fact that Avery wound up going to someone in their inner circle. The fact that there's a whole culture of this (under the guise of following God's orders, no less) is disturbing to me.

Has there EVER been a more apt demonstration of Kimmie's parenting than the latest round of posts? Sissy and Blossom's birthdays — Sissy's 18th! — are put into a single post, and they even have to share with Thanksgiving. They "stuck candles in the apple pie" for Blossom. No mention of whether they even got presents.

Meanwhile Apple's birthday gets split into not one, not two, not five — SIX POSTS. It's almost self-parody.

Its sad when parents have an obvious favourite and leave the other kids out so much :( All four of those kids are deserving of the same amount of love and care.

Wow, just wow.  I knew that the mention of Sissy and Blossom's birthdays would be over shadowed by Apple.  But holy shit.  

I am surprised that Blossom is still at home though.

5 hours ago, alexandracabot said:

Has there EVER been a more apt demonstration of Kimmie's parenting than the latest round of posts? Sissy and Blossom's birthdays — Sissy's 18th! — are put into a single post, and they even have to share with Thanksgiving. They "stuck candles in the apple pie" for Blossom. No mention of whether they even got presents.

Meanwhile Apple's birthday gets split into not one, not two, not five — SIX POSTS. It's almost self-parody.

The first thing that popped out at me going back to her blog was "Apple's 5th Birthday Part 6: The Finale". Ouch. Like, I get that birthdays can be a bigger deal for littler kids, but six posts? Also, from the looks of it, Apple got to have a party at home AND go out to eat, whereas the older girls had to consolidate and be overshadowed by Thanksgiving. AND Blossom and Sissy had milestone birthdays--16 and 18--that didn't get much mention aside from that they planned to go to a fancy expensive Chinese restaurant. Where are the pictures from that? It even goes with the theme of Kimmie's "China doll" adoption obsession.

1 hour ago, jiggleromp said:

Wow, just wow.  I knew that the mention of Sissy and Blossom's birthdays would be over shadowed by Apple.  But holy shit.  

I am surprised that Blossom is still at home though.

I'm not sure where she would have to go unless she was (ugh) re-homed. Come to think of it, I don't know what any of the girls are gonna do once they come of age (which Sissy already has). If they truly do have intellectual disabilities, they could need life-long care. Does Kimmie realize she signed up for that?

• FundieFarmer locked this topic

Archived