IGNORED

Counting On - Part 5: Ben Raps, We Cringe

choralcrusader8613

17 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

I literally laughed when Ben said he wants to minister to the inner city.  Has he ever BEEN to the inner city??? I would seriously pay to see that happen.  Here Ben, I can give you a lovely tour of the Bronx! I'm dead serious.  If you read here, I'm a much better "connection" to the inner city than Flame.  What a freaking joke.  It almost makes me mad that they go on about things they literally know nothing about.

On a different note, am I the only one who found JD's Talking Heads a little... endearing?

Here's an idea for an episode!

Drop Binwit in Bed-Sty or Harlem and see how he finds his way out 

If Jillard and Co think they are in a foreign country .......... Can you imagine Bin?     Lets see how he raps his way to safety!  

• Replies 597
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You know what episode I would actually watch? If there were hidden cameras while Beezy approached people on the street in the 'hood and introduced himself as a rapper, then proceeded to "preach the gospel". I'd watch that all day long! 

:popcorn2:

1 hour ago, lascuba said:

Ben tweeting to Flame:

"it aight tho." Ben, when poc make fun of white people, you're the one we make fun of. So desperate and pathetic.

I ALMOST have second hand embarrassment for him. Stupid try hard :my_rolleyes:

2 hours ago, bingbangboom said:

My great grandfather was one of the original Pollocks in east StLouis . Back in the early 90s he wouldn't stop at any stoplights or stop signs on his way home from mass for fear of being robbed, or killed.

GGpa was a rough and often "mean" old man from what I remember and all other accounts. He knew what was up. I wouldn't stop either...(unless for traffic safety)

Sounds like my dad! :pb_lol: He didn't live in East StL, but he grew up in Venice, IL, and he is also Polish and sort of mean looking. He said when he was 10 he would take his red wagon and go through the alleys to pick up scrap metal, walk an hour and a half to Madison to the scrap yard and get paid for it. And sometimes teenagers would beat him up on the way home! AT TEN!

Also, he wanted to invite his black friend from the neighborhood to his 7th or 8th birthday party, but his dad said no black kids, so my dad didn't have a birthday party! 

19 minutes ago, barbecutie said:

Can we PLEASE PLEASE stop beating around the bush and just call him Wu-Tang Ben from now on. He's like so cool and edgy and urban now, you guys.

Wu-Tang Ben ministering to inner cities is never going to happen. Wu-Tang Ben is going to minister to low-income suburbs. Why? Because Wu-Tang Ben will get stabbed within five minutes because he is so goddamn white.

He has officially entered fuck-boy status.

Hold up. I got this. Gonna put Ben's name into the Wu Tang Name Generator and solve this once and for all!!!

omg this is too good.

Everyone, according to the Wu Tang Name Generator, Benjamin Seewald is now.....

Unlucky Artist :clap:

So let it be written, and let it be done.

Ramen.:flyingspaghetti:

I hate to ask but, does "aight" mean "all right"?

I have no discernible rapping abilities.

PS. Apparently, neither does Ben.

20 minutes ago, iweartanktops said:

You know what episode I would actually watch? If there were hidden cameras while Beezy approached people on the street in the 'hood and introduced himself as a rapper, then proceeded to "preach the gospel". I'd watch that all day long! 

:popcorn2:

only if they filmed and aired the chase scenes of Beezy legging it though the 'hood while being run down by an angry group of locals, and, of course the inevitable beat downs Young Beezy would get... that, I'd watch!

Since these people are so focused on money for Jillick being supported in the 'mission field' wouldn't it make more sense for Ma and Pa Duggar to put that couple thou that it costs them for plane tickets toward their upkeep? 

I know of another (legit) missionary family that only get to go home every couple years.   They seldom get family coming to visit because the family knows they need the $$ to help fill in costs at times. 

19 minutes ago, Carol said:

I hate to ask but, does "aight" mean "all right"?

Yup. I don't think I've seen many, if any, people write it out that way though.

Bin, if you really want to minister in the inner city, why not open a food bank or a soup kitchen.

25 minutes ago, sophie10130 said:

the Wu Tang Name Generator, Benjamin Seewald is now.....

Unlucky Artist :clap:

So let it be written, and let it be done.

Ramen.:flyingspaghetti:

OMG... I thought you were joking with his name being Unlucky Artist, but it really does come up as that! :pb_lol:

Just now, Lillybee said:

Bin, if you really want to minister in the inner city, why not open a food bank or a soup kitchen.

:naughty:

Because doing something like that is for OTHER people.  The Duggars only do things that call attention to themselves!

2 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

Because the people would riot if you let them take a bag of groceries out and then tell them they have to put it back so they can film the next family coming in to get food

Spurginator 

Daddy thinks it would be cool to like record your voice.   

I was channel surfing and hit the moment in the show right before Wu Tang Ben (hard to choose just one - all of the names are great!) went into the booth to 'rap'.  The anticipatory second hand embarrassment was so great that I had to turn the channel - I'm weird like that.

I haven't read all the posts yet but has anyone suggested Bin Jammin'.

a play of his name Benjamin 

9 minutes ago, Buzzard said:

:naughty:

Because doing something like that is for OTHER people.  The Duggars only do things that call attention to themselves!

All Duggars (and those who marry in) are seemingly deathly, as in anaphylaxis would occur, to anything that resembles WORK. If it ain't (Ben would understand that word), easy, self attention seeking and rewarded/compensated with large amounts of money, screen time, publicity or free travel, ain't no member of the Duggar group partaking.

Working for wages that are reflective of skill and education is for SUCKERS not DUGGARS.

39 minutes ago, Kittikatz said:

only if they filmed and aired the chase scenes of Beezy legging it though the 'hood while being run down by an angry group of locals, and, of course the inevitable beat downs Young Beezy would get... that, I'd watch!

Yeah. I want to see everyone react to him, and place bets on how long until Beezy pees himself. 

Beezy Pee :laughing-rolling:

Don't mind me... 

I am a million pages behind on this thread. But here are some of my thoughts when I watched....(probably just repeating what everyone else is saying...)

So basically their "mission work" = handing out crayons and coloring books?

Did Izzy really need a haircut?

What was up with Sierra's husband's shirt?

I like John getting a bit annoyed with Jessa.

Joy used saftey goggles...so that was nice.

I like how Jessa makes sure to mention she is listening to the lyrics and the message of the song. Not the evil beats.

I am so annoyed by the Seewalds leaving Spurge alone on the couch like that. My husband said something like - "Oh my God...that pile of blankets on the couch is the baby!" 

How many times can Ben say "inner city" in one sentence?

"When I become aware that he needs a diaper change...it's kind of like a mental hurdle that you have to jump over to get to the point where you're willing to do it."  UM....really? I've never put that much thought into it. Dirty diaper? Okay, time to change it. End of story.

Commercial for weird spray nail polish. WTF?

Anna and John seemed like the only two who had ever heard the term "hip hop" before.

I am happy to see that Ben wasn't SERIOUSLY trying to rap. And that everyone knew it was bad and laughed about it, including Ben. It was kind of nice to see Ben and Jessa joking around about it.

When they played the finished song (the REAL one), it was so strange to see everyone getting into it...bobbing their heads, tapping their feet, etc....but then you have Jessa, not moving at all. It's just so bizarre to me.

1 minute ago, ClaraOswin said:

When they played the finished song (the REAL one), it was so strange to see everyone getting into it...bobbing their heads, tapping their feet, etc....but then you have Jessa, not moving at all. It's just so bizarre to me

She was the only one who was safe from satan! If you bob your head he can get in!

Sooooo Ben is attempting to be the Christian J-ROC.  I guess that  makes Josh the Christian Randy aka Cheeseburger Walrus.  Is there anyone sexy enough to be Julian?  JD sticks his foot in his mouth enough to be Ricky.  Women aren't rocket appliances.  No one is smart enough to be Bubbles.  That's the intelligence level of the Duggars.  No one is enough of a thinker to be Bubbles, who is no genius himself.  

I was really thinking TLC would pick up on the Bates popularity and encourage the Duggars to be more "real".  It really makes the Bates kids seem more normal that they don't agree with EVERYTHING their parents did and are willing to discuss it.  But it looks like TLC is doubling down on robo-Duggars.  

48 minutes ago, Lillybee said:

I bet there are people right in Ben & Jessa's own community who could use a hot meal every day, no questions asked.  Unfortunately, I think even if these two decided to do something like this, they'd want to include a religious element.  They couldn't just provide a free, nutritious meal without trying to convert others.

18 hours ago, ChickenettiLuvr said:

OMG -- there's another episode next Tuesday!!!

I think there are 3 more left this season.

18 hours ago, nst said:

when do babies turn over -because jessa had him on that tiny couch 

even i got worried 

Babies typically roll front to back first and Google tells me it can be as early as 4 months. 

My son took a long time to roll front to back. But he did roll back to front when he was just over 3 months old. It was very surprising. He only did it a couple times that young. But thankfully we didn't leave him on furniture alone. He was on the floor and it pissed him off (he hated "tummy time.")

17 hours ago, CreationMuseumSeasonPass said:

One of my good friends from grade school went to college in St. Louis. He would tell me stories of driving in certain areas of the city and not wanting to stop, because you would definitely get carjacked. He was out driving one night in a rough area and didn't want to stop for a red light, because stopping would certainly mean trouble. So, he ran the red light. Then, he realized a cop was behind him. The cop ran the red light, too. He didn't want to stop in that neighborhood either. Also, my colleague had a college friend who was carjacked in St. Louis because the guy wanted to steal her cell phone. He shot her and she died. It was terrible, and he wrote an editorial column in her memory. Do you guys remember the scene from National Lampoon's Vacation where they get lost in East St. Louis?

I'm sure the scene would be considered insensitive these days. But it still cracks me up every time.

3 hours ago, Buzzard said:

His word choice is so disrespectful.  Flame uses "too" properly, ben responds by typing phonetically.  Good work, Bin.

I would like to think he was just finding creative ways to shorten his tweet to keep it within the 140 character limit. But he was probably just being dumb.

4 minutes ago, Zola said:

While I liked (and still like) Benye, I'll be calling him Wu-Tang Ben from now on. That's just too good.

A Tribe Called Blessed.

14 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

I bet there are people right in Ben & Jessa's own community who could use a hot meal every day, no questions asked.  Unfortunately, I think even if these two decided to do something like this, they'd want to include a religious element.  They couldn't just provide a free, nutritious meal without trying to convert others.

Or without cameras.

I grew up in the St Louis area... you definitely don't go to East St Louis. I would drive further to avoid going there. Even in parts of St Louis itself I would. Especially closer to the river. Once you get to the western counties it's pretty much your typical suburbs. I remember reading a study a few years ago about why St Louis has kind of fallen apart over the years... It's because the richer people don't want to live in the city so they move to the western counties and therefore take their money with them. So the more impoverished people end up living in the city itself and then the city doesnt have the money necessary. The areas that we saw with Flame were definitely areas I would kind of avoid. You just get a bad vibe when you start to go through there.. 

Though I wonder where that indian restaurant is haha

• choralcrusader8613 locked and unpinned this topic

Archived