IGNORED

Fans Who Send the Duggars Gifts or Make Personal Requests

roddma

8 hours ago, samurai_sarah said:

Or maybe they just want to pay a genuine compliment? Personally, I wouldn't go so far as to claim that everyone who does that wants to be part of someone's life. I have paid random strangers compliments, without wanting to be part of their life. It was just stuff I noticed and thought was great. Mileage may vary on this, this is just my personal opinion.

I think there is a difference between compliments and gifts.  I have sent "fan" letters to authors and (in my younger days) actors and actresses I admired, and I often send complimentary e-mails to public figures or others who I think have "done good."  And, like you, I may pay compliments to people I don't know.  

My post was about people who send booties to royal babies and toys or whatever to the children of movie stars, etc.  I think they are looking for a connection with these people, who have not asked for or need their presents.  

The Duggars are a different case because they do ask for presents (especially in the form of gift cards and cash). Even then, the humpers are looking to connect, to be part of the Duggars' lives by sending their love offerings, but since it is solicited, I suppose it is a more real connection.

• Replies 474
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

<snip>

I was not going to get into this but now I guess I have to get into it - I noticed this poster independently in the Bates sub. I noticed several story inconsistencies that made me very curious. My basic conclusion is either she on here playing a character a la Maltese Baby or she very fragile and needs to very careful on here. Either way, it is still okay to question, still okay to do it aggressively.

I don't understand the Maltese baby reference, but I wanted to say that I too have been puzzled by the way @colors_outside15 has told her story.  I can understand hedging and leaving out elements of a personal story (I do it myself to protect privacy), so I can see how the confusing bits about her story and the too-pat elements of her explanations may be accounted for.  But I also think that it is reasonable to question.

At the same time, I am with those that feel that if she is still fragile, this is not a good place for her.  FJ is a wonderful community, but it is driven by skeptics and snarkers.  This is a friendly place, but people come here to question and challenge. 

3 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I don't understand the Maltese baby reference, but I wanted to say that I too have been puzzled by the way @colors_outside15 has told her story.  I can understand hedging and leaving out elements of a personal story (I do it myself to protect privacy), so I can see how the confusing bits about her story and the too-pat elements of her explanations may be accounted for.  But I also think that it is reasonable to question.

At the same time, I am with those that feel that if she is still fragile, this is not a good place for her.  FJ is a wonderful community, but it is driven by skeptics and snarkers.  This is a friendly place, but people come here to question and challenge. 

Maltese Baby was a member who tried posting here twice under two different names. She was basically a spinner of tall tales- her infant was a genius who was reading the newspaper at some ridiculous age - like 2 or 4. She was magnificently wealthy and had a fish that was constipated. Said fish was a "six-figure" fish. She took it a leeeetle too far and flounced when called out. This all happened in a specularium thread maybe last September or August?? - I found it once  a few weeks ago but the search engine and I are not friends today, and @iweartanktops recently uncovered it as well. Maybe she has a better recall of the thread location.

I was actually sad she was a fraud because she was a Korean skincare addict like me and about that she did not lie!

7 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Maltese Baby was a member who tried posting here twice under two different names. She was basically a spinner of tall tales- her infant was a genius who was reading the newspaper at some ridiculous age - like 2 or 4. She was magnificently wealthy and had a fish that was constipated. Said fish was a "six-figure" fish. She took it a leeeetle too far and flounced when called out. This all happened in a specularium thread maybe last September or August?? - I found it once  a few weeks ago but the search engine and I are not friends today, and @iweartanktops recently uncovered it as well. Maybe she has a better recall of the thread location.

I was actually sad she was a fraud because she was a Korean skincare addict like me and about that she did not lie!

OMG he was two - any of your normal, run of the mill, non-genius children can do it by 4.

And she had a son.  And in some posts had two son.  And in some posts had no children at all!  She had given birth...but yet had never given birth...to one or two or no children.

And hence the term Schrodinger's Uterus was coined which may possibly be my proudest moment.  

(and I blame myself for the constipated fish story since I think I started it by talking about how my dog was constipated the vet suggested some manual assistance with rubber gloves and some lubricant but when you don't have rubber gloves will a condom do?  I try to block it out.  Least I didn't pay over 10 large for a fish that can't even poop on command.)

Sometimes I feel like Hermione Granger...am i the only one who has read FJ, the History?

I totally forgot about the uterus. Have we made that a post count yet? And it was twins, not just two ordinary kids?

Just now, nelliebelle1197 said:

I totally forgot about the uterus. Have we made that a post count yet? And it was twins, not just two ordinary kids?

At the time - hence my proudest moment.

I'll pause for you all to consider how very sad that statement is.

2 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Least I didn't pay over 10 large for a fish that can't even poop on command.)

Can I give bonus points for making me burst out laughing at work?

3 hours ago, devoe364 said:

Can I give bonus points for making me burst out laughing at work?

Who is in your profile picture?? It looks like my friend Andrea.

Honestly, I thought Maltese Baby was hilarious. I have found some of our trolls incredibly irritating - she seemed mostly harmless and quite entertaining at times. 

Just now, nelliebelle1197 said:

Who is in your profile picture?? It looks like my friend Andrea.

That would be moi... 

Didn't Maltese Baby also claim multiple weddings, of varying splendiferousness?

OMG he was two - any of your normal, run of the mill, non-genius children can do it by 4.

And she had a son.  And in some posts had two son.  And in some posts had no children at all!  She had given birth...but yet had never given birth...to one or two or no children.

And hence the term Schrodinger's Uterus was coined which may possibly be my proudest moment.  

(and I blame myself for the constipated fish story since I think I started it by talking about how my dog was constipated the vet suggested some manual assistance with rubber gloves and some lubricant but when you don't have rubber gloves will a condom do?  I try to block it out.  Least I didn't pay over 10 large for a fish that can't even poop on command.)

Oh, that's wonderful!  Truly, some people get carried away on the Internet.  And I love the constipated dog story.  

Just now, sawasdee said:

Didn't Maltese Baby also claim multiple weddings, of varying splendiferousness?

I don't remember that.  Wouldn't surprise me, though,  Wasn't she married to Scrooge McDuck or something and had all the money?

8 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

m i the only one who has read FJ, the History?

I lived the FJ history, but my memory is shit and so I never keep up with who claimed what.

Some trolls are more amusing than others. Sometimes I go look and see who GnosticMan is annoying now.

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't remember that.  Wouldn't surprise me, though,  Wasn't she married to Scrooge McDuck or something and had all the money?

I think there were 6 and rather royal in execution.

That was the last husband. She married at least twice and the first marriage was "southern style" and full of greatness! 

3 hours ago, formergothardite said:

I lived the FJ history, but my memory is shit and so I never keep up with who claimed what.

Some trolls are more amusing than others. Sometimes I go look and see who GnosticMan is annoying now.

Where is old Gnostic Christian Bishop? I know he is in the PC here but who else is he telling off because they are wrong? Is he back on Wartburg Watch?

2 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

That was the last husband. She married at least twice and the first marriage was "southern style" and full of greatness! 

I seem to remember that she was very young (still in her teens) for her first wedding - and she was a wedding dress model at the time. Her parents paid for an enormous extravaganza, and she divorced very soon after.......:my_confused:

3 hours ago, sawasdee said:

I seem to remember that she was very young (still in her teens) for her first wedding - and she was a wedding dress model at the time. Her parents paid for an enormous extravaganza, and she divorced very soon after.......:my_confused:

Yes, 16 I think??  I think there were definitely six.

I am wondering if we should start a thread where we all pretend to be rich people with constipation, criminals with pet sloths and various other interesting characters. Of course I am too lazy to participate but will happily judge all contributions with disdain :P

It's actually a shame she flounced - she was fairly harmless, but VERY amusing!

46 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Where is old Gnostic Christian Bishop? I know he is in the PC here but who else is he telling off because they are wrong? Is he back on Wartburg Watch?

Last time I saw GCB anywhere online was the discussion boards over at The Art of Manliness.  If I recall correctly, that was a little over a year ago.

50 minutes ago, laPapessaGiovanna said:

Southern style? What does that even mean? Biscuits and sweet tea at the reception?

How the hell did I miss Maltese Baby's wedding descriptions? I need to read this. Need to. 

@nelliebelle1197 I actually went out and bought some Korean products based on her recommendations. So I suppose Maltese Baby has forever impacted my life. 

3 hours ago, nausicaa said:

How the hell did I miss Maltese Baby's wedding descriptions? I need to read this. Need to. 

@nelliebelle1197 I actually went out and bought some Korean products based on her recommendations. So I suppose Maltese Baby has forever impacted my life. 

If it makes you feel better, you can pretend it was me.

3 hours ago, Cleopatra7 said:

Southern style? What does that even mean? Biscuits and sweet tea at the reception?

Hoop skirts and white jacketed non white waiters was my impression :(

On 4/7/2016 at 11:39 AM, Palimpsest said:

@FundieFarmer

I repeat:  

Free Jinger is not a support group and does/should not play one on the Internet.

@colors_outside15

Serious question: what about the mental health and other really personal threads where members offer support to one another. Is that playing at being support groups? I just want to understand the difference between those issues and cult survivor issues. Of course, supportive posting about serious issues should never be used as a substitute for "real" help, but is it harmful?

Just genuinely trying to understand, that's all, not trying to start or participate in any type of controversy.

Archived