IGNORED

Steve Maxwell wants your opinion on the Coil!

Guest purposing

I will have to pray for this overnight before giving an opinion.

:lol:

Most of the opinions were basically "what-ever you want Steve!" Why did he bother to ask?

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Courtship is out! No mention of death that I could see easily on the website. Sorry Jon Demkack, you don't qualify.

I didn't see any religion there at all. It looked to me like a normal business website. Then again, I didn't read the whole thing. Maybe I overlooked a page where it says they'll only fertilize crops for Christian farmers, or that all women on the premesis have to be modestly dressed?

Not bad for that area, I imagine, and certainly not bad for someone his age.

I'm sure he and his family bring the crazy in one way or another, or they wouldn't "fellowship" with the Maxwells, but living with him in middle-of-nowhere Idaho is probably better than life on the Maxwell compound. I'm purposing to pray that the Lord lays it upon Steve's heart to prayerfully consider the prospect of a courtship between Jon the Goober and Sarah.

Courtship is out! No mention of death that I could see easily on the website. Sorry Jon Demkack, you don't qualify.

And he won't separate himself from those ebul viniculturists. Unless they only supply grapes for Welches and eating, of course.

I am hopeful that maybe, just maybe this guy will be courting Sarah soon (if he isn't already). Steve has been positively morose about the future of the family lately (i.e. no longer travelling etc.) and it seems like he just gets nuttier and nuttier. Maybe this is because he is freaked out about Sarah leaving...?

I'm so impressed with daisy4's sleuthing abilities! Hmmm, Sarah in the middle of nowhere watching the crops grow - I can't decide is this is better or worse than her situation right now. Maybe the brief freedom (pre-arrival of the little blessings) would be worth the isolation assuming she won't mind being saddled with Goober Jon.

I'd rather sit in the middle of nowhere and watch crops than spend the rest of my youth with Daddy Death. It would be hard to get worse than Steve. Even the Pearls think he is crazy and too controlling of his kids. And that says something.

I'd rather sit in the middle of nowhere and watch crops than spend the rest of my youth with Daddy Death. It would be hard to get worse than Steve. Even the Pearls think he is crazy and too controlling of his kids. And that says something.

oh oh oh I have heard this too but I can't think from where....is there somewhere that states the Pearls opinion of the Maxwells (or some kind of Maxwell way of thinking)?

I hope it is a courtship, and I hope he is a nice guy who can just make her happy and let her spirit come out after being so squashed

Living with a goober is better than living with an egotistical father who has made an idol of himself and is obsessed with death and controlling his kid's emotions, as well as every other aspect of their lives. I'd choose goober over that without blinking.

I do think it would be a huge shock to Sarah though if, in fact, anything like this were to actually happen in her life. After almost 30 years of having every personal thought, idea, feeling or sense of self being squashed into oblivion, I'm not sure she'd do very well on her own, that far away from the only thing she's ever known - daddy dictating every aspect of her life.

I think the girls are very poorly prepared for life, even as helpmeets, and no matter what their futures hold, anything outside their father's control would be akin to me moving to Saudia Arabia.

fundie -- Do you think that Sarah is less prepared to marry and move away than Anna-who-married-Christopher? Not snarking, just asking.

No idea. I don't know anything about non-reversal Anna's life before she became a Maxwell. Truth is, I don't know much about Sarah's either, but her father does make his views and ways public since he's so proud of himself so that I can/do guess. I have no basis for even guessing with Anna.

fundie -- Do you think that Sarah is less prepared to marry and move away than Anna-who-married-Christopher? Not snarking, just asking.

I think Anna Marie and Sarah are quite similar, as far as being unprepared goes. I can't even imagine poor Sarah or Anna having sex with their husbands. (Which would probably explain why we are at near the year mark of Anna Marie's marriage and there is no pregnancy.)

I can't even imagine poor Sarah or Anna having sex with their husbands. (Which would probably explain why we are at near the year mark of Anna Marie's marriage and there is no pregnancy.)

I would change the "would explain" to could explain. I reached our 1st anniversary with no pregnancy and we were having plenty of sex without birth control. I don't think infertility skips fundies. Approx 10% of couples deal with infertility, and maybe they are in that 10%.

Nell

Archived