IGNORED

Steve Maxwell wants your opinion on the Coil!

Guest purposing

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wow, they got 27 comments. It's been a long time since I've seen that many. Either people are making comments Steve does't "like", or the number of people commenting has dwindled quite a bit over the years.

Guest Anonymous
Wow, they got 27 comments. It's been a long time since I've seen that many. Either people are making comments Steve does't "like", or the number of people commenting has dwindled quite a bit over the years.

I noticed that too. Steve seems to have taken over the comment moderation in the last few months. I have only been following them since I joined FJ last year and I distinctly remember a few times that Sarah posted either a blog or comments, and then Steve edited it later in the day. It seems as though she has now been relieved of her editorial responsibilities....

This is off-topic, but I have been thinking about Sarah this morning...

QueenMother posted recently to say Sarah was upset and 'crushed' when Chris got engaged to Anna, because she so wants to be married. Sarah has never posted anything overtly, but she makes frequent, gushing statements about how she loves her family, how she learns patience, and thankfulness from her dad's sermons and bible times. As others have pointed out, she also holds back from expressing too much pleasure in 'worldly' things. She tells the 'secret' of how much she enjoys having burritos every week, she describes their mountain trip as 'what some would call' a vacation, the restaurant atmosphere 'almost festive'.

It seems possible/likely to me that she is treading on eggshells because Steve is deliberately punishing/manipulating/isolating her. She is of an age that he knows she could easily be off living her own life if he didn't have a way of keeping her at home, and that must be scary for him. I mean, he is probably well aware that Chris's ex-fiance has been round the world travelling since her lucky escape from the family.....

At 20, Sarah was entirely responsible for moderating the Titus2 discussion boards and some of the rules in place to deal with 'unsavoury topics' then, were put there to protect her from hearing too much about things that she should be kept pure from until marriage. But at least then she had a hope of marriage and she had 'virtual' contact with all sorts of people.

Now she is pushing 30, with her chances of marriage dwindling all the time, and she does not even get trusted to moderate blog comments any more. Hmmm...

It is such a blessing, direct from god and specially for me, that I am not related to Steve Maxwell.

God likes me better because I have the bigger, better blessings.

Aw, that's just so sweet how he signs his latest blog entry Steve (and Teri). Why it's almost like she's a real person!

At 20, Sarah was entirely responsible for moderating the Titus2 discussion boards and some of the rules in place to deal with 'unsavoury topics' then, were put there to protect her from hearing too much about things that she should be kept pure from until marriage. But at least then she had a hope of marriage and she had 'virtual' contact with all sorts of people.

Now she is pushing 30, with her chances of marriage dwindling all the time, and she does not even get trusted to moderate blog comments any more. Hmmm...

You're tempting me to drive 1500 miles to her prison, ring the doorbell, ask for Sarah and then, when she comes to the door, ask her if she wants to come back with me to Arizona. I am 51, overweight and non-threatening. I have long hair and I even own a jean skirt that I'd wear. It's a nice fantasy, but I don't think she'd come with me, so I'll have to say yet again:

STEVE LET YOUR CHILDREN GO!

Guest Anonymous

You're tempting me to drive 1500 miles to her prison, ring the doorbell, ask for Sarah and then, when she comes to the door, ask her if she wants to come back with me to Arizona. I am 51, overweight and non-threatening. I have long hair and I even own a jean skirt that I'd wear. It's a nice fantasy, but I don't think she'd come with me, so I'll have to say yet again:

STEVE LET YOUR CHILDREN GO!

mirele, you're awesome. I wish there was a way to contact Sarah directly - I don't think she has her own e-mail, does she?

"In Christ Jesus, Steve"

I think we have a misplaced comma here. It should be "In Christ, Jesus Steve."

He clearly thinks he's God, so I think Jesus Steve is a great name for him.

I don't post here hardly ever but lurk constantly. I had to come out of the woodwork to ask this because I haven't seen it mentioned yet - does anyone else think that Sarah or Mary may be courting that red headed guy Jon? The Maxwell's have a new post up and they mention that Jon came and spent the night while he was on a business trip. And haven't they hung out with this family a few times lately? I think Jon has that red-headed sister (Cathy?) and the Maxwells have mentioned that Jon's family has a nursing home ministry as well - probably the only type of suitor Steve would consider since he's so hung up THE ELDERLY. So I suspect Jon's courting someone in the family or at leasts wants to court Sarah. He's a little younger than her so I can't decide if he's after Sarah or Mary. Thoughts?

Guest Anonymous
I don't post here hardly ever but lurk constantly. I had to come out of the woodwork to ask this because I haven't seen it mentioned yet - does anyone else think that Sarah or Mary may be courting that red headed guy Jon? The Maxwell's have a new post up and they mention that Jon came and spent the night while he was on a business trip. And haven't they hung out with this family a few times lately? I think Jon has that red-headed sister (Cathy?) and the Maxwells have mentioned that Jon's family has a nursing home ministry as well - probably the only type of suitor Steve would consider since he's so hung up THE ELDERLY. So I suspect Jon's courting someone in the family or at leasts wants to court Sarah. He's a little younger than her so I can't decide if he's after Sarah or Mary. Thoughts?

Hello, and welcome! You're especially welcome with that kind of info!

Looking at the photos, it seems that Sarah curled her hair the weekend he came to visit the 'nearby state'.

I hope that Jon is intended for Sarah and not Mary! Dear God, that girl deserves a break.

Where will we find posts about Jon and Cathy - do you have links? :D

Ooh, he's working on Uriah with John! I'm so defrauded. :D Notice that they don't show his face at all. Maybe they're saving it for the big reveal - a courtship! I'm so excited and hope he's there for Sarah, not Mary. That would be too cruel of Steve to marry her off before Sarah.

Hello, and welcome! You're especially welcome with that kind of info!

Looking at the photos, it seems that Sarah curled her hair the weekend he came to visit the 'nearby state'.

I hope that Jon is intended for Sarah and not Mary! Dear God, that girl deserves a break.

Where will we find posts about Jon and Cathy - do you have links? :D

What? How did I miss this possible courter for Sarah?? I think you mean Anna, who is about 18. Mary is only 14 or 15.

Oh wow! So the Maxwells had a young, (we presume) single male stay for a weekend, eh?

What an interesting turn of events.

Of course, the pictures of him give us no clue as to how old he is. I'm thinking if he's traveling for business he's likely at least out of his teens.

And isn't it interesting Sarah includes a picture of herself in the post. And looking very attractive I might add.

Gee, this is like reading tea leaves.

Guest Anonymous
Ooh, he's working on Uriah with John! I'm so defrauded. :D Notice that they don't show his face at all. Maybe they're saving it for the big reveal - a courtship! I'm so excited and hope he's there for Sarah, not Mary. That would be too cruel of Steve to marry her off before Sarah.

This is Steve Maxwell we're talking about, so yes, he would be cruel enough to marry off another daughter before Sarah.

Remember Anna(Marie) came for the weekend to wash cabinets and clean and was engaged! Maybe working on Uriah for the weekend is the male equivalent? Dare we hope Sarah has a man?

Do you suppose we could get a comment through along the lines of the coil being 98% effective? That would be so awesome.

Do you suppose we could get a comment through along the lines of the coil being 98% effective? That would be so awesome.

You beat me to it! :mrgreen:

I'm bringing in some OB-GYNs to present their scientific research regarding the COIL! Steve really should have waited until all the evidence was in.

Yeah, I meant Anna not Mary, sorry about that. OK I went through the blog trying to remember where I picked up the nursing home connection. I posted some links below to specific posts mentioning the "D Family" but the one entitled "Another Nursing Home Church" says that they attended their friends' church and Mr. D. preached. When I saw that there was another family w/a nursing home church I figured any eligible sons were suitor material as far as Steve was concerned. The contact seems sporadic and stretched out over many months but this may be normal for the Maxwells. I've hardly ever seen pics of friends of any type on their blog. BTW I've been following them since 2002 and used to lurk on the MOMSBOARD. When it closed Sarah commented on how sad she was b/c she had looked forward to sharing her courtship news with the moms on there. So sad to see almost 10 years has passed since she posted that. . . . .

I broke the links but I hope they work when you restore them - I'm not the most computer savvy person in the world.

http://www.titus2DOTcom/blog/index.php/ ... ning-town/

http://www.titus2DOTcom/blog/index.php/ ... ference-2/

http://www.titus2DOTcom/blog/index.php/ ... me-church/

http://www.titus2DOTcom/blog/index.php/ ... nt-helens/

http://www.titus2DOTcom/blog/index.php/ ... lls-idaho/

http://www.titus2DOTcom/blog/index.php/ ... evening-2/

Guest Anonymous

OMG, how did we miss these!

Some favourite bits as I go along:

Aug 22 2010 Conference Report

Dad and Mom gave Harnessing the Power of a Team together for the first time. Dad’s been giving this new session by himself previously due to the lack of time to make it so they could do it together.

With no sense of irony, Steve-O seriously talked about teamwork on his own because he didn't have time to work on it together with Teri.... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:

And the photo taken the day before - the boys whose 'And Sons Maxwell Construction' company has seen no clients in 6 years are wearing their company logo on the back of their shirts!! :clap:

I think you're on to something, alisonwhit. They have spent a lot of time with this family, and any family that has a nursing home church has to be sort of maybe approaching semi-good-enough for Steve to consider a match, right?

ETA photos of Jon D.:

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/DSC_02421.jpg

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/DSC_0282.jpg

titus2.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2011/03/DSC_0307.jpg

I don't think he's as old as Sarah, but he may be too old for Anna, who's only 18 (?). We shall see.

Guest Anonymous

maxb.jpg

Hmmmm.... surely, he HAS to be for Sarah. But he does look a lot younger than her...

I'd be surprised to see Anna married off just yet. She has just started taking over Sarah's admin duties (which they said she was doing for when the right guy came along for Sarah). Also, Anna pretty much manages the household chores and cooking now - and Steve enjoys his food.

Sarah is probably worth a bit less, in terms of usefulness to Steve, right now. She also gets upset and resentful enough for him to specially hear from God about it. He won't want another depressive on his hands, poor lamb, it's enough for him to have to hate Teri.

So, I'm hoping Jon is for Sarah - otherwise she is going to need a boxload of "Sweet Journey" books to sort her out. :roll:

Archived