IGNORED

Erika Shupe *leer smirk* Large Families on Purpose Part 6

Boogalou

On March 22, 2016 at 5:13 PM, lawlifelgbt said:

Right. I understand the need to go out on one's own as a couple, too. But if you do, the kids can have a fun night too! Have the babysitter order pizza or something, or take them somewhere fun.

Yeah, I doubt Erika lets them have much fun. Likely chores are involved.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was at Walmart today and Easter baskets were under 2.00. I needed an extra for my mom. Chocolate candy is expensive. I get each kid thier faveorit candy plus we lie those Cadbury chocolate eggs. Then the littles get outdoorsy type toys based on what we don't have. Like a playground ball and chalk. The teens get makeup, little things they always ask for like mascara and fun  items like facial masks and lip gloss. Low key and things I would probably end up buying anyway.

You could also just make the expoerience special instead of buying loads of junk. A tradition we have is confetti eggs.

image.jpeg.8f1c9e16383b71def692217fe79b6

they are hidden with the regular eggs and you crack them over each other's heads. I sometimes use birdseed to fill the eggs.

You don't need to spend lots of money to create fun memories.

Kids and affection: My kids were a huggy bunch. They CRAVED affection. I think I spent 3-4 years doing everything with a baby on my hip (not necessarily the same baby). Even as they grew older they wanted affection. HOWEVER, there were times when they were like "leave me alone". So, I did. They knew they could come climb in my lap anytime and did. I have pictures of the kids all piled on me...

Erika is nasty...just nasty. When the kids did something nice for a sibling without nudging by me, they were praised (especially when they were young). 

My kids never got much candy...too expensive on a limited budget. BUT...I had no problem buying tons of fresh fruit and I had a food dehydrator. Apple chips, banana chips, homemade fruit roll-ups. To this day my kids don't really eat candy but they'll eat the hell out of a bag of apples and a bunch of bananas. I never limited the kids' food or drink. Kool Aid or milk or water to drink (soda WAS a treat...again $$), fruit, fruit treats, homemade cookies were always available along with three healthy meals a day. My kids were skinny things but from activity...we lived in the country and they were always outside. They could eat like a football team at training camp! 

I just spotted that in the photo of the youngest four playing cards, they have all the Minecraft handbooks. Interesting that Erika lets them play Minecraft, seeing as it involves witches, zombies etc. Not as key plotpoints, but Erika doesn't really condone them in any shape or form. Maybe they just play in creative mode...?

46 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I just spotted that in the photo of the youngest four playing cards, they have all the Minecraft handbooks. Interesting that Erika lets them play Minecraft, seeing as it involves witches, zombies etc. Not as key plotpoints, but Erika doesn't really condone them in any shape or form. Maybe they just play in creative mode...?

That is really strange, especially considering how averse she is to video games. She's okay with educational games but seems to be strictly against anything that's not explicitly educational. I guess she sees Minecraft as being educational? I mean, I could see the value in it but I'd be surprised if Erika could!

I've actually noticed, from my trawling of blogs over on Wordpress, that Minecraft is fairly universally accepted no matter the flavor of fundie involved.

The Legos like nature of it conquers all, I guess? And it is almost always regarded as an educational game in most instances. There is even a new Education Edition of it.

16 hours ago, refugee said:

Speaking of honey on the tongue, one of my kids would consider it punishment, as the kid hates honey. I wonder if Erika would take that into consideration, or would insist on carrying out the "reward" because it's biblical?

I suspect that even if a child loved honey, only getting one drop, and having to recite a bible verse while it melts in your mouth would seem like a punishment.

I've actually noticed, from my trawling of blogs over on Wordpress, that Minecraft is fairly universally accepted no matter the flavor of fundie involved.

The Legos like nature of it conquers all, I guess? And it is almost always regarded as an educational game in most instances. There is even a new Education Edition of it.

That is okay with me, because at my young cousin's school a lot of their "technology" class (called a "special" bc it isn't a core class) involved Minecraft and he LOVED it. Before he hasn't been interested in technology really, but this captured his attention.

Maybe fundie kids secretly love it because it's something aside from reading the Bible front to back, up, down, and sideways 1000000 times lol.

18 hours ago, refugee said:

Okay... I'm gearing up for the Easter Basket Surprise.

Can someone please suggest budget-helpful ways to fill those Easter baskets? 

One of my favorite things from Easter morning as a kid was our Easter Bunny didn't just hide eggs - he hid fancy socks (rolled into balls to look like eggs). We could then wear a pair to church that day. The kind of socks I remember are harder to find now (never did find them last year for my niece) and probably expensive, but they could be fun/colorful/funky socks instead and that might not be too bad cost-wise. 

Also, the Target One-Spot, or the Dollar Tree, or even a craft store could have some really nice things for cheap. A little craft project, maybe some glow-in-the-dark necklaces (I love these even as an adult and have some in waiting for my wedding reception!), stuff like that. Toss in some candy in those plastic eggs (cheap, and it makes it seem like more because of volume and having to "discover" it all, and you have a full basket for not much. And who says it has to be a "basket?" Maybe a shower caddy or a little fabric storage box (like those cube ones that come in all colors in the closet storage sections of stores) or something like that that will be useful later rather just that day and maybe as a "toss things into it" item. 

Have fun! Now I want to make baskets for my niece and nephew even though I have no time at all to do it!

I found a new Erika-ism recently that I think I missed.
 It's a doozy.

If you choose to add this type of learning to your home, however, I would encourage you to read the individual movie/documentary reviews on Netflix by other people because those can be very informative.  I read for quality of filming, how informative the video is, how interesting it is, and especially how graffic the scenes are for nature documentaries.  Many are really excellent, but some are also way too graffic for our family.  Many National Geographic videos, for example, are really gory; but "Wildlife Specials" with David Attenborough are excellent (although the script is not creation-based science, but this fact is minimal, and the filming/quality is really excellent).

2 minutes ago, Antimony said:

It's a doozy.

:laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling: :laughing-rolling:

I just died in a graffic scene (of laughter)! 

Yeah, fair enough about the Minecraft thing. I was just interested because of the supernatural element thing, but @THERetroGamerNY explained it- it seems to be universally OK. Plus you can switch onto piss-easy mode and avoid the zombies, witches etc so maybe that's what they do.

1 hour ago, Antimony said:

It's a doozy.

Oh my. I get not being a great speller. My Phd husband spelled like Erika. You know what he did? Taught our homeschooled kid her spelling lessons and put himself through the curriculum too. Problem (mostly) solved. Does Erika not teach spelling in her homeschool? "Ph" phoneme is remedial stuff. 

I think we need a graffic post count! It pains me to type that "word". 

Especially since the words National Geographic" are in the post.

I am not a natural speller nor am I great with grammar. I usually know when a word does not look right and spell check often does not even recognize what I am trying to say, I like to think if I were writing a blog I would go over it with a fine tooth comb. It seems like she is discussing documentaries suitable for home education too.

Just now, Grimalkin said:

I am not a natural speller nor am I great with grammar. I usually know when a word does not look right and spell check often does not even recognize what I am trying to say, I like to think if I were writing a blog I would go over it with a fine tooth comb. It seems like she is discussing documentaries suitable for home education too.

Hahaha, I didn't even make the National Geographic connection. So I doubt this is just a spelling issue, and probably a comprehension issue as well. She'd greatly benefit from doing the kids work along with them, assuming they are getting some kind of instruction in language arts. I wonder if she knows about Rod and Staff language arts. It's about as religious as you can get, but at least they would get a strong LA background. 

9 minutes ago, Grimalkin said:

I have a (now very neglected) blog.  When I would post, I ran everything through Microsoft Word first for their spelling and grammar checker.  It's not that hard to considering it just involves copying and pasting.

So Erika likes the Attenborough Nat Geo shows, does she? What I wouldn't give to be there the day somebody sneaks Randall's redub of the honey badger past her.

29 minutes ago, EscapedCardinal said:

So Erika likes the Attenborough Nat Geo shows, does she? What I wouldn't give to be there the day somebody sneaks Randall's redub of the honey badger past her.

Honey badger don't care. Honey badger don't give a shit. 

LOVE THIS VIDEO :D

4 hours ago, EscapedCardinal said:

The awesome thing about this video is that the people who did the original documentary LOVE this! Because now millions of people have heard about and recognize honey badgers.

They were certainly celebrities at the waterhole in Etosha National Park in Namibia last July - and then you tell people that they were sniffing around your sleeping area later and a friend almost certainly got peed on by one during the night? They think you are a superstar! LOL

I am surprised that Erika likes David Attenborough documentaries.While I personally love them and think they are absolutely amazing, Attenborough mentions evolution ALL the time. He keeps saying stuff like "apes, humans' closest relative" or "there's online one animal that [insert information]: man." I hope the Shupe kids are listening and learning, and silently calling bullshit on creationism.

11 hours ago, JillyO said:

I am surprised that Erika likes David Attenborough documentaries.While I personally love them and think they are absolutely amazing, Attenborough mentions evolution ALL the time. He keeps saying stuff like "apes, humans' closest relative" or "there's online one animal that [insert information]: man." I hope the Shupe kids are listening and learning, and silently calling bullshit on creationism.

She says: "although the script is not creation-based science, but this fact is minimal, and the filming/quality is really excellent." I guess she figures the kids are immune to the evolution stuff, or it's just not a big deal to her. She's more worried about gore/images of destruction.

Ping! The "Prettying-Up Mom" post is back. It was only reposted relatively recently. And all the photos are back. Weren't nearly all of them missing the last time she posted this??

Reminder: Erika's worn the same look since her marriage nearly 19 years ago and where Erika includes this judgy gem:

So just a thought to a few of you who have said that your husband prefers you without make up. =) I encourage you to consider whether your the make up that you do wear is natural-looking enough. If you are simply enhancing your own features I bet he would think you're extra lovely, not "made up". This could mean not trying to create features you really don't have (such as drawing on eye brows), or adding too much color in foundation or blush so that you no longer have your natural skin color, or using eye shadow that's shimmery when maybe he prefers a soft, simple, every day look. Just a thought. =) Blessings.

FUCK. OFF. I thought you were all about respecting your husband's wishes??? If their husband prefers them without makeup, HE PREFERS THEM WITHOUT MAKEUP. What part of that does she not get??? GAH!!

I rarely wear makeup. Mr. xtian told me long ago that he didn't like lots of makeup...his x-wife looked like a clown most of the time. So...I only wear makeup in very limited situations. You know, like weddings, funerals, job interviews, if we go out to a nice restaurant and I'm dressed up. Day to day...no. I'm totally cool with that since I've never been a big makeup wearer anyway...I'm allergic to so many chemicals that I don't like buying anything new. I have a very short list of brands that work for me and that's it. Silly man thinks I'm all that without make up, with gravity taking its toll on my 52 year old body...works for me!

**if your man likes the lights on when you're doing the horizontal bop...he likes what he's looking at!

My natural day to day style is makeup-free, jeans and hoodies, hair in a ponytail. For work I wear smarter clothes, pin my hair into a bun but still wear no makeup. I work in a male prison and the last thing I want to draw attention to my looks....:5624796561914_BlueNoes:

Then on Saturday night when we're going out on a date, I shake out my long hair and either straighten or curl it, I put on full makeup and I wiggle into cute little dresses and high heels. I like doing it once (or even twice) a week - it feels like being a kid playing dress-up!! Puts me in the mood to *ahem* play other parts sometimes....

EVERY man I've ever been with has been fine with that. They know I'll look good when the occasion calls for it. And they know they're lucky to get to be with me for the rest of the clean-scrubbed-face week too! :drool:

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived