IGNORED

Erika Shupe *leer smirk* Large Families on Purpose Part 6

Boogalou

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Is Erika allowed to pout?!?! Mightn't that cause men to have lustful thoughts about her mouth, which might then make their eyes inadvertently drop to her boobs, and from there to her crotch?

Oh but hang on, that's ok, cos she doesn't wear the ebil yoga pants and her crotch is a lust-free experience for the world.

PHEW!!!! :tw_tounge_xd:

Have just caught up on thread 5. Loved the sock conversation. I

always buy socks from the men's department. Wash better, last longer and even have daft pictures etc on them these days. I'm tall with long legs so they keep me warm under jeans ( no gaps for the wind to blow up) and are nice and cosy in winter boots!

I knit my own socks. They are warm and fit me perfectly and last a lot longer than commercial socks, but it is not a time or money-saving endeavor.

Retrogamer: You want to argue that amplifying something requires the use of electricity?  Argue with Mirriam Webster: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/amplify  There are more than on definition, and nothing requires the use of electricity to amplify.  Reverberation is one way to help amplify sound, but it is still a method of amplification.  It's increasing the volume, and that's not an illusion.

Socks: I'm still wearing men's socks.  It's hard to find them under a men's size 9 here, and even those are sized to fit 9-12.  A woman with foot size 10 or under might find that men's socks are a bit big on them.  I'm a 10.5, and my feet are swimming in the men's socks I've been wearing lately.  Sometimes I put on knit sweater tights to keep my feet from sliding around in the socks so much, but I want to be warm, so deal with the large socks.  When it's not so cold, hold on, World!  I'm breaking out dozens of pairs of cut patterned ladies' socks! 

I can't believe the amount of detail she goes into to talk about her choice of indoor footwear. 

And does she really thing that people are unable to figure out when to take their dayquil without her idiotic tips and pictures?

On a different note, I just finished reading an old post of hers about easter baskets and how she gives 4 jellybeans to each kid inside plastic eggs...4 jellybeans...that is just sad...and what is this obsession she has with jellybeans?!

I can't stand this woman, thinking about having a mother like that gives me anxiety.

1 hour ago, seasonsoflife said:

I can't believe the amount of detail she goes into to talk about her choice of indoor footwear. 

And does she really thing that people are unable to figure out when to take their dayquil without her idiotic tips and pictures?

On a different note, I just finished reading an old post of hers about easter baskets and how she gives 4 jellybeans to each kid inside plastic eggs...4 jellybeans...that is just sad...and what is this obsession she has with jellybeans?!

I can't stand this woman, thinking about having a mother like that gives me anxiety.

I think jellybeans are a way to dish out sugar in very, very tiny increments, so as to manipulate her children with the smallest possible payout.

4 jellybeans in a plastic egg is perhaps OK for a small child who is not used to sugar. My sister gave her daughter a tiny egg with like five little chocolate treats her first Easter for example. She was about 11 months and it was the first candy she ever had. To me that is reasonable but for a an older child...no. I am not much for flushing kids with candy but at least give them a cup or two. My daughter does not get candy more than once a week and it is small box of perhaps 15 small pieces but that is still much more than 4 jellybeans and that happens every week. For Easter I will get her a little more candy but I tend to give gifts rather than candy in her Easter egg. I am thinking of buying her a type of tiny building blocks called PlusPlus which they play with at preschool or new beads as she loves to make necklaces. I usually also buy her an item of clothing or something to put in her hair, I think it will be the latter this time.

I think what actually freaks me out is how she writes about the 4 jellybeans, and emphasizes the amount. It's just sad to see how little room this kids have to be spontaneous, or ask for what they want. Everything they eat, and do is so regulated by this control freak. I just...I don't know, I read too many of her posts last night and I dislike her more by the minute.

I think what actually freaks me out is how she writes about the 4 jellybeans, and emphasizes the amount. It's just sad to see how little room this kids have to be spontaneous, or ask for what they want. Everything they eat, and do is so regulated by this control freak. I just...I don't know, I read too many of her posts last night and I dislike her more by the minute.

This is the shit that gives me anxiety and makes me actually angry! And I agree, the part I put in bold is truly disturbing. I can't stand Erika! 

Four fucking jellybeans. :angry-banghead:

And apparently my rage makes my English as bad as hers. :giggle:

15 minutes ago, seasonsoflife said:

And apparently my rage makes my English as bad as hers. :giggle:

What's your native language? If you don't mind saying. :)

Again some candy - little chocolate bunnies this year (there's just something about bunnies that makes a basket complete *laugh*), and the plastic eggs which have only 4 Jelly Beans in each egg, plus this year I added in some Easter cookies as well (enough for each person to have just one).  And again we purchased an audio book that our family enjoys.

Last year’s basket (pictured above) cost us a total of about $6 plus the $26 audio book – for 11 people!  The basket looks full and exciting, but it's not too much for them, in my opinion. 

I have to copy and paste that here for posterity, just in case she decides to post something original.

Every time there are jellybeans in eggs, it's 4.  So the kids each get a little chocolate bunny, a cookie, and 4 jelly beans.  And this is a "full and exciting" basket.  If this is their idea of a treat, which happens only yearly, then those kids are more deprived than we thought.  Again, 4 jellybeans, a little chocolate bunny, and a cookie.  That is an exciting treat.

The next year must have given them heart attacks!  She put 4 jellybeans in eggs, 10 per kid, and there's a picture of one of the kids with her little bowl of beans looking like she can't believe what she has in front of her.  At least the kids don't "love" to "share" with their mom like the R-Kids.

7.jpg

2 minutes ago, iweartanktops6 said:

What's your native language? If you don't mind saying. :)

Not at all, it's Spanish.

2 minutes ago, Jingerbread said:

I have to copy and paste that here for posterity, just in case she decides to post something original.

Every time there are jellybeans in eggs, it's 4.  So the kids each get a little chocolate bunny, a cookie, and 4 jelly beans.  And this is a "full and exciting" basket.  If this is their idea of a treat, which happens only yearly, then those kids are more deprived than we thought.  Again, 4 jellybeans, a little chocolate bunny, and a cookie.  That is an exciting treat.

The next year must have given them heart attacks!  She put 4 jellybeans in eggs, 10 per kid, and there's a picture of one of the kids with her little bowl of beans looking like she can't believe what she has in front of her.  At least the kids don't "love" to "share" with their mom like the R-Kids.

7.jpg

Her definition of "full and exciting" is my definition of "House of Cards is out, what can I find in the kitchen to eat while I watch without having to go to the deli?"

Cool @seasonsoflife, your English is great! Much better than Erika's. :) I want to improve my French so I might be able to join a French forum at some point soon. 

9 minutes ago, Jingerbread said:

7.jpg

Those poor kids! I'm confident that this is not about money, it's about control. 

That's cool. I took some French but never really got the hang of it. I'd loooove to learn German but I know it would take years to be even remotely fluent in it and I get lazy. 

23 minutes ago, seasonsoflife said:

Not at all, it's Spanish.

I never would have guessed you were a native-English-speaker.  

Is all of that in the Easter basket for all of those kids.

I absolutely spoil mine on Easter, that wouldn't even do one of my four!

Mine get a little gift bag and an Easter egg. In their little gift bag I put about 5 small, cheap toys-this year they each got a small tub of playdoh, as well as things like toy cars, little dolls, blind bags of things they collect (Minecraft minifigures, Shopkins, Moshi Monsters, Lego minifigures), little bag of tiny plastic dinosaurs, books, small plush toys etc. The little three also got a sheet of stickers with their favourite characters on (Minions, Frozen and Paw Patrol), and all four got a glow stick. I also buy a few bags of the little fun sized bags of candy like you get on Halloween, and split them between the four bags.

Four is not an acceptable amount of jellybeans. Even when I buy the big bags just for me, I always at least give the kids a handful.

8 minutes ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

Mine get a little gift bag and an Easter egg. In their little gift bag I put about 5 small, cheap toys-this year they each got a small tub of playdoh, as well as things like toy cars, little dolls, blind bags of things they collect (Minecraft minifigures, Shopkins, Moshi Monsters, Lego minifigures), little bag of tiny plastic dinosaurs, books, small plush toys etc. The little three also got a sheet of stickers with their favourite characters on (Minions, Frozen and Paw Patrol), and all four got a glow stick. I also buy a few bags of the little fun sized bags of candy like you get on Halloween, and split them between the four bags.

Four is not an acceptable amount of jellybeans. Even when I buy the big bags just for me, I always at least give the kids a handful.

Honestly, unless it's a potty training treat or something, I think no jellybeans is better than one, or four. 

umm... so now I'm a tad embarrassed to say this after reading all the reactions about Erika's basket, but we didn't really get stuff on Easter day. Sometimes we got one tiny chocolate Easter egg. On Easter Monday we got to go buy one big* hollow chocolate egg each when they were on mega discount in the shops. It was always spun as 'Jesus is the reason for the season' and that eggs and bunnies are heathen things so it wasn't something we did. I never quite understood the Easter craze :confusion-scratchheadblue:. I do think a lot of people go a bit over the top with it all. You don't *need* 5 jellybeans after all

*probably not American big :P think 7-10 oz.

Easter egg chocolate in the UK always tasted different than 'usual' chocolate, and I really liked it. Can't get good chocolate in Asia* - it has an additive to stop it melting, which leaves your mouth feeling all greasy. :my_sad:

* Except Ferrero Rocher and Guidan. Even Lindt seems to have the added chemical......Cadbury's, great in the UK, is meeah here.

Retrogamer: You want to argue that amplifying something requires the use of electricity?  Argue with Mirriam Webster: http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/amplify  There are more than on definition, and nothing requires the use of electricity to amplify.  Reverberation is one way to help amplify sound, but it is still a method of amplification.  It's increasing the volume, and that's not an illusion.

Noooooooooo!

I don't want Erika to be right about something! LOL

(Good point Jingerbread though.)

1 hour ago, Jingerbread said:

I never would have guessed you were a native-English-speaker.  

I am from Argentina :) 

1 hour ago, ILoveJellybeans said:

Everyone knows jellybeans should be given in odd numbers, like tattoos hehe.

But seriously...this woman makes me so grateful for my childhood. We would actually get treats we liked, we didn't all have the same taste in food...and music, and books....grrrrrr

Also I really don't think a 15 year old should get the same amount of treats or food as a 7 year old, that is just insane.

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived