IGNORED

Erika Shupe *leer smirk* Large Families on Purpose Part 6

Boogalou

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
21 hours ago, JillyO said:

I am confused. Why are the Shupe kids wearing summer clothes in the Dairy Queen picture? I don't think it's that warm in the PNW right now, is it?

We tend to go by sunshine, not temperature, this time of year. If the sun is out you want it on your skin because you may not see it again till July.

13 hours ago, Jingerbread said:

We were told no one get it.  Same docs also say don't have him around anyone at all who hasn't had every single vaccine, including Gardasil (is he expected to sex up someone?), even if they medically can't get them.  So no flu shot was a surprise, and backed up by his other docs.  His docs are at one of the top hospitals in the nation.

Snarkylark has a history of antivaxx scare tactics. I would take everything she says about flu shots with a mountain of salt.

She really dug in her heels about it in this thread:

10 minutes ago, happy atheist said:

Snarkylark has a history of antivaxx scare tactics. I would take everything she says about flu shots with a mountain of salt.

Wow. Just the first several posts are enough for me. Yikes. 

28 minutes ago, happy atheist said:

Are you saying Jingerbread is snarky lark? I'm missing something here, clearly! 

6 minutes ago, Anonymousguest said:

Are you saying Jingerbread is snarky lark? I'm missing something here, clearly! 

@happy atheist please clarify if you can.  Not trying to be a pain in the ass or stir up anything.  I could see this getting confusing, however.  I am confused.  Maybe it is just a few of us, but at least a few of us seem to be confused.

On March 16, 2016 at 0:41 AM, Snarkylark said:

Sorry, but one of my pet peeves- the influenza (flu) vaccine is for a respiratory virus. It does nothing to protect against noro or enteroviruses aka the stomach flu. 

I was referring to this. I guess I conflated her with jingerbread's post. Sorry for the confusion.

2 minutes ago, happy atheist said:

I was referring to this. I guess I conflated her with jingerbread's post. Sorry for the confusion.

Awesome, thanks!  I didn't think they could possibly be the same person, but I understood your meaning, @happy atheist.

24 minutes ago, happy atheist said:

Ah, ok, it was quoting jingerbread that made it confusing. 

snarkylarky is right about that though, the flu shot is for influenza (respiratory), not the norovirus (gastrointestinal), I don't see that as a scare tactic, it's just the truth. 

1 hour ago, happy atheist said:

Well then... :pb_confused: I guess I didn't read the comment as anti-vaxx as much as distinguishing between influenza and stomach flu (which from a quick Google seems correct, but "I'm not a doctor"). 

Anti-vaxx is a newish concept to me, as I only recently moved to an area where large amounts of people are against vaccines. My GP was like weirdly overjoyed when I asked to get a tetanus booster after she noted I was due for one.

18 hours ago, iweartanktops said:

I'm a NW native and I find it strange. However, I'm in the minority. It's not uncommon to see people walking in the rain in flip-flops in the NW, so I'm not surprised. :)

I'm one of those people wearing sandals in the rain. After many years of living in places where I had to bundle up for snow and ice all winter, I'm embracing the milder NW climate! 

Yeah, I seem to have combined two users in my head. Snarkylark had the antivaxx stuff in the other thread. I remembered that when I saw her name come up here with talk of flu shots, and I got ahead of myself.

Erika posted some photo of the youngest four playing card games. Someone commented underneath about her kids not getting on. Erika replied with a recommendaation to use the Character First crap, with the sentence "the segregation of ages teaches the children to disdain one another and think that only their peer group is intelligent and superior to all those younger". No it bloody doesn't. It's only like that in high school movies. I'm not American, though... but in my school in Britain loads of us had friends in younger year groups, in older year groups, all over. Maybe it was like that in Erika's day, at Erika's school, but I highly doubt that it's like that everywhere for everyone. 

It's been *fairly* cold over here. It was nice and sunny in London today. Now it's about 7 Celsius/44-45 Fahrenheit. 

50 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Erika posted some photo of the youngest four playing card games. Someone commented underneath about her kids not getting on. Erika replied with a recommendaation to use the Character First crap, with the sentence "the segregation of ages teaches the children to disdain one another and think that only their peer group is intelligent and superior to all those younger". No it bloody doesn't. It's only like that in high school movies. I'm not American, though... but in my school in Britain loads of us had friends in younger year groups, in older year groups, all over. Maybe it was like that in Erika's day, at Erika's school, but I highly doubt that it's like that everywhere for everyone. 

It's been *fairly* cold over here. It was nice and sunny in London today. Now it's about 7 Celsius/44-45 Fahrenheit. 

Erika is so full of shit. I most of her BS is just projection- maybe SHE thought she was more intelligent and superior than younger kids when she was a youth. She still has an issue with feeling self-important even today so I wouldn't put it past her. 

Last year I got into it BIG TIME with my kids' dad over flu shot v. nasal vaccine.  He is convinced (incorrectly) that the nasal vaccine can transmit the virus.  I wish people would fucking stop already with the misinformation.  It is so detrimental to public health, and willful ignorance is just not an excuse.

http://www.mc.vanderbilt.edu:8080/reporter/index.html?ID=3689

4 hours ago, happy atheist said:

I stand by my opinion that vaccines should not be mandatory. That said, how was my post in this thread anything to do with the flu vaccine? I explained the difference between the stomach flu and the influenza "flu." I can give you eleventy sources to support that. MOVE ON!

MORE POSTS GUYS!!

Recipe (southwestern egg rolls). Something about staying well-rested, some interview with Malia Jacobson. She posted a picture of Skagit Valley tulips and asked where people are from and what their area is known for. (No prob with that). She's purchased the latest family album off Picaboo. 

22 hours ago, Anonymousguest said:

I knew I had fully transplanted when I wore keens and shorts and a fleece sweatshirt. :pb_biggrin:

Now wear that outfit to one of Seattle's finest restaurants, lol. I still remember going to Canlis and being so worried about the "jacket required" on their website. As we were seated I passed 3 tables where people were in sandals or fleece. Guess  they weren't really strict about that dress code!

Its been well covered in other replies, but yes, in the PNW when the sun comes out people will wear short sleeves, shorts, sandals, etc even if its only 45-50. We have had an especially brutal winter, full of rain, so I saw tons of people out and about enjoying the chilly sun today in various stages of undress. My sons wear shorts year round!

7 hours ago, happy atheist said:

Yeah, I seem to have combined two users in my head. Snarkylark had the antivaxx stuff in the other thread. I remembered that when I saw her name come up here with talk of flu shots, and I got ahead of myself.

I'm not and have never been antivax. I'm vaccinated, my kids are vaccinated. I don't, however, support mandatory vaccination. Ever. That's fine if you have it out for me, but at least get it right!!

We should have the right to hunt down anti-vaxxers with air guns armed with syringes. Maybe a sort of "vax and release" thing.

22 hours ago, AuLait said:

Now wear that outfit to one of Seattle's finest restaurants, lol. I still remember going to Canlis and being so worried about the "jacket required" on their website. As we were seated I passed 3 tables where people were in sandals or fleece. Guess  they weren't really strict about that dress code!

Its been well covered in other replies, but yes, in the PNW when the sun comes out people will wear short sleeves, shorts, sandals, etc even if its only 45-50. We have had an especially brutal winter, full of rain, so I saw tons of people out and about enjoying the chilly sun today in various stages of undress. My sons wear shorts year round!

As a kid I remembered how annoyed I would be with my Californian relatives that moved up here. Always walking around clutching a sweater to themselves saying "You're wearing shorts? Aren't you cold? Brrr Brrr" 

2 hours ago, onlyme said:

As a kid I remembered how annoyed I would be with my Californian relatives that moved up here. Always walking around clutching a sweater to themselves saying "You're wearing shorts? Aren't you cold? Brrr Brrr" 

That would be me!  Almost always freezing except in the height of summer or during rare moments of humidity.  I'm an extra cold special snowflake. :special-snowflake2:

Ran by Walgreens earlier, prior to taking my 2 teens to get Dippin' Dots. 

Of course, the Easter Candy was front and center at Walgreens. My daughter and I chose a bag of classic flavored jellybeans and my son chose a bag of malted milk balls. After shopping, we went to get our ice cream. 

We all had a small cup and not 15 minutes into the movie here at home, we'd each had a handful of our candy. 

I couldn't help but think of the Shupe kids and their witch of a mother * f-u finger flip Erika * We ate more, no question, at dinner than her children did, we ate more sweets tonight than her kids do in a few months and we didn't immediatly turn ourselves into obese slobs * shocked to hear that smirk*

Erika's manipulation and controlling ways in relation to the food rationing she employs with her children make my blood boil *major jaw clench*

I feel like as parents we (I) expect our kids to perform where we did (sports) or where we did not (academics) so Erika is asking her children to adapt to her food issues. She is conscious of her body and her food intake so, instead of deciding her own food choices, has decided that food, appetite, and ultimately restriction are a family issue, which is weird because Bob is thicker in stature and I don't imagine she overtly limits his food intake--though I imagine she shames him in private. I can't imagine obsessing over and limiting my active teen son's food and calories.  My kids' growth cycles demand an insatiable appetite followed by picky almost starvation periods. I imagine a full on rebellion by the kids where they lock her out of the house and assault the coat closet turned pantry.  *dream*

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived