IGNORED

Erika Shupe *leer smirk* Large Families on Purpose Part 6

Boogalou

14 hours ago, feministxtian said:

I rarely wear makeup. Mr. xtian told me long ago that he didn't like lots of makeup...his x-wife looked like a clown most of the time. So...I only wear makeup in very limited situations. You know, like weddings, funerals, job interviews, if we go out to a nice restaurant and I'm dressed up. Day to day...no. I'm totally cool with that since I've never been a big makeup wearer anyway...I'm allergic to so many chemicals that I don't like buying anything new. I have a very short list of brands that work for me and that's it. Silly man thinks I'm all that without make up, with gravity taking its toll on my 52 year old body...works for me!

**if your man likes the lights on when you're doing the horizontal bop...he likes what he's looking at!

Or woman! I always like it with the lights on, you can really see your partner ;)

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 3/23/2016 at 2:13 PM, December said:

My mom grew up in a large family (not like Schupe or Duggar large, but above average even for the 50s). Her mom used to make the kids popcorn and milkshakes for dinner some nights, and they all loved it. Years later, they found out it wasn't supposed to be a treat, it was just my grandma's idea of a super easy meal to give herself a night off cooking! 

I'm reading through the repost of pt. 2 of the incentives and rewards part. How many different systems does she need for keeping track of whether the kids are good or not? I'm honestly surprised she doesn't mention numbering the jelly beans to make sure nobody sneaks one. I feel like the use of food as a reward could be problematic, but the kisses for good behavior thing is just disturbing. Affection towards your children shouldn't require some regimented rewards system, it should just be the way you naturally act towards them.

I am stealing the popcorn milkshake dinner idea.  We also do breakfast for dinner.  Last week we had waffles with your choice of Cookie Butter, Nutella, or syrup on them and fruit.  It was easy and delicious. 

The oldest girls went to see Mary Poppins which had some friends in. Melanie's had a haircut- she looks really pretty!! Karen might've done too. Their hair definitely looks a little shorter. They've had long hair for ages- wonder why they changed suddenly?

I was scrolling through her blog and I notice she mentions how much things cost a lot. She is trying to be frugal and share her tips, I get it. She seems oddly focused on material things. I want my kids to be content with what they have and not materialistic too. I think the best wat to save money and teach your kids not to be materialistic is to focus on experiences and not things. I alluded to that with the confetti eggs a page back. I don't see her talking about that as much.

Erika, your Easter basket is pathetic. That's okay you don't need piles of toys to make it special. So what do you do to make it special? Do you play games? Play at the park? Bake and cook special recipes? We don't know because all we hear bout is your lousy basket, which you seem to be proud of.

Thinking about the Shupe kids insufficient Easter basket as I eat some jelly beans I swiped from my niece's booty. I grabbed a handful and she will never notice them missing. Because she got more than 4 of them in 1 plastic egg, in addition to the variety of chocolates and malted milk balls. She also reviewed some play items that are hers...not 'family gifts' that she will have t share with her little brother.  

FU Ericka for being such a damn control freak witch of the first order :my_angry:

Happy Easter fellow FJ's! I hope you have a wonderful day and eat whatever you want in any quantity you want :my_biggrin:

Agree with @Grimalkin on the baskets.  Granted, I only have the one child, but I made her basket without going overboard - I spent about $25 on stuff to go in the basket (a small MLP stuffie, a MLP figure, a necklace and barrettes from Gymboree, a chocolate bunny, a Skittles egg, a bottle of clearance nail polish, two packs of gum, a bottle of bubbles, a little Shopkins 2 pack and a Hello Kitty Kinder-style egg) and then filled 9 plastic eggs with candy she likes and hid them before she got up.

She's had a blast.  She found the eggs, and now she and her bestie are staging egg hunts of their own for imaginary friends.

16 hours ago, mango_fandango said:

The oldest girls went to see Mary Poppins which had some friends in. Melanie's had a haircut- she looks really pretty!! Karen might've done too. Their hair definitely looks a little shorter. They've had long hair for ages- wonder why they changed suddenly?

Looks like Erika took some photos of the performance. I have never in my life been to a theatre where that was permitted.

19 minutes ago, Antimony said:

Looks like Erika took some photos of the performance. I have never in my life been to a theatre where that was permitted.

I've never in my life known a fundie who thought the rules actually applied to them.  Special Snowflake Privilege and all that.

And LO the Shupe basket did appear. Contains one chocolate bunny, one CD, Electronic Catchphrase and Easter Cookie decorating kit. Plus jelly bean filled plastic eggs. 

One photo appears to depict eight jelly beans in a group, so I assume that's per kid. Double what we guessed! :o 

Karen and Melanie DEFINITELY have shorter hair.

19 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

And LO the Shupe basket did appear. Contains one chocolate bunny, one CD, Electronic Catchphrase and Easter Cookie decorating kit. Plus jelly bean filled plastic eggs. 

One photo appears to depict eight jelly beans in a group, so I assume that's per kid. Double what we guessed! :o 

Karen and Melanie DEFINITELY have shorter hair.

Its only a matter of time until Karen and Melanie have a whispy haircut too!! But seriously, both of them look really cute. 

Just out of curiosity, I googled the audiobook that she bought ("The War that Saved My Life") and it seems like a semi progressive choice (for fundies, at least). According to some Amazon reviewers, one of the main themes in the story is how you shouldn't judge people. Hmm.... 

Just now, defraudingjezebel said:

Its only a matter of time until Karen and Melanie have a whispy haircut too!! But seriously, both of them look really cute. 

Just out of curiosity, I googled the audiobook that she bought ("The War that Saved My Life") and it seems like a semi progressive choice (for fundies, at least). According to some Amazon reviewers, one of the main themes in the story is how you shouldn't judge people. Hmm.... 

Erika's said she doesn't judge people a few times. She really, really does. Especially with that godawful makeup comment.

I was really disappointed when I saw their new hair- not because it looks bad, but because I can totally see Erika making them get shorter haircuts so they'll spend less time fiddling with it. Karen in particular has a talent for doing hair. She may have not been spending enough time doing her sister mom duties for Erika's taste. 

I hope the new hair was their choice.

Seems like the kids went to a Race Track and Field. Well, apart from Karen and Melanie, who seem to not be there. Wonder what they were doing? Erika didn't offer an explanation.

Bob seems to live in shorts year-round. 

Looking at their Easter Basket goodies-as a Jewish kid I got more candy on Easter Monday, which every Jewish kid called the Jewish Easter, all the candy was half price so we finally got jelly beans and my favorite chocolate peanut butter eggs, my brothers loved Peeps, I did not like marshmallow so they were out. My mom asked me tonight it we were going to have Jewish Easter tomorrow, I always do it-just because it is wrapped in pastel colors it does not mean it is bad. First thing tomorrow am chocolate shopping with Mom. Too bad Ericka doesn't know about Jewish Easter maybe her kids would have something to look forward to.

FYI One of my new favorites are Butterfinger Eggs

Though I am not Jewish, we partake in that tradition too!

I got more candy than I thought I did this year. I also squirreled away some little gifts and cannot find them.

Look at this from 2012. EVERY kid had their OWN Easter bunny back then. 

Then, in 2013, there were no chocolate bunnies, but four giant biscuit bunnies to be decorated. No album for 2014. Then last year it was another giant bunny. Looking at the photos, though, this year's chocolate bunny appears to be the same size as the individual bunnies given in 2012. Last year's bunny seemed bigger. 

Hmmm...............

*sigh* I am sure dividing the bunny was loads of fun.  :pb_rollseyes:  Publix had those for $1.  How easy would it have been for her to just get one for each kid.  Maybe she could have skipped her coffee treat for the week to swing it.  Oh, I forgot- the kids make sacrifices....not Ericka. 

1 minute ago, lulumama said:

I hope the bunny wasn't hollow!

The one from this year was peanut butter filled, according to the box. Actually, looking closer, it's not even one of those fully 3D bunnies, like the Lindt ones. It's just like a bunny shaped and decorated chocolate bar. 

13 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

The one from this year was peanut butter filled, according to the box. Actually, looking closer, it's not even one of those fully 3D bunnies, like the Lindt ones. It's just like a bunny shaped and decorated chocolate bar. 

This is the point where the snarking on Erika just gets exhausting and petty. Going to bow out for a few pages and come back when you guys are done analyzing how many grams of sugar the Shupe kids get vs. how many you believe they are entitled to.

On Saturday, the spouse and I did our regular Costco trip and saw two-packs of large, solid, Harry London chocolate bunnies for 99¢. We each bought one two-pack. If her local Costco had them she could've only spent $5 and each kid could've had their own bunny with one left over.

6 minutes ago, alexandracabot said:

This is the point where the snarking on Erika just gets exhausting and petty. Going to bow out for a few pages and come back when you guys are done analyzing how many grams of sugar the Shupe kids get vs. how many you believe they are entitled to.

I don't think the amount is necessarily the point. I think it's the sum of all the parts. I am troubled by Erika's need to control everything, and how that control spills over into controlling their food intake. It doesn't appear that the kids are ever allowed to just let loose and indulge. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived