IGNORED

Erika Shupe *leer smirk* Large Families on Purpose Part 6

Boogalou

You have gravely violated Section 127.3c of the Draconian Shupe Jellybean Code. Please step into the airlock and prepare yourself for the recurring birthday camping trip.

• Replies 512
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

You have gravely violated Section 127.3c of the Draconian Shupe Jellybean Code. Please step into the airlock and prepare yourself for the recurring birthday camping trip.

Saltwater taffy for all!

I feel like I'm in a constant debate with myself on whether or not I believe Erika Shupe is the least fun mother on earth or if it's somebody like Teri Maxwell. My gut says Erika Shupe but the Maxwell blog suggests Teri. It's so difficult.

I do know that if I had to hang out with Erika Shupe I would probably tear my eyes out.

Actually,  my family has a family "friend" (read: we're friends with her because she's married to an actual friend). She offered to accompany us on a 1000 mile drive once. My mother told me about her offer and followed up with, "What would you do if I told her yes?"

I said, "Probably crash us all into a tree the minute it was my turn to drive. It'd be a mercy killing for us all."

And my mom said, "Good."

And I feel like that sort of sums up how I would feel being trapped in a small space with Erika Shupe.

2 hours ago, Catholic and NOT 'ebil' said:

Ran by Walgreens earlier, prior to taking my 2 teens to get Dippin' Dots. 

Of course, the Easter Candy was front and center at Walgreens. My daughter and I chose a bag of classic flavored jellybeans and my son chose a bag of malted milk balls. After shopping, we went to get our ice cream. 

We all had a small cup and not 15 minutes into the movie here at home, we'd each had a handful of our candy. 

I couldn't help but think of the Shupe kids and their witch of a mother * f-u finger flip Erika * We ate more, no question, at dinner than her children did, we ate more sweets tonight than her kids do in a few months and we didn't immediatly turn ourselves into obese slobs * shocked to hear that smirk*

Erika's manipulation and controlling ways in relation to the food rationing she employs with her children make my blood boil *major jaw clench*

Erika's kids always look stressed to me. Even the little ones. They are tense-looking, tired-looking and pale (I realize the paleness may just be the way they are).

On 3/17/2016 at 0:23 PM, happy atheist said:

I was referring to this. I guess I conflated her with jingerbread's post. Sorry for the confusion.

You had me confused too, and I was trying to figure out how listening to my brother's doctors about one shot is the same as snarkylark. 

@antimony She is the least fun. Almost certified. She makes Darth Vader look like a bunny. She could suck the fun right out of a room full of clowns.

She pisses me off as well. My misfired vax joke was about people like her that intentionally put their kids in harms way. Makes me want to secretly inoculate her kids is what I meant by it, because it'll help the kids.

And then throw a bag of stale jelly beans at Erika.

She reminds me of this one father, back in my Nebraska days, who would (as a punishment) force his kids to hold hands and stare at each other for 30 minutes.

The sort of parents who somehow believe in enforced fun...

Her latest post is up. I guess it's recycled crap about how she rewards her children?

........she puts honey on her kid's tongues if they say something nice?!

I don't hate Erika. I find a lot she does snarkable, but I love decluttering and organization as much as she does. The revolving door of dogs was odd, but she also doesn't strike me as someone who should have pets. I mean why does she feel the need to have birds, fish and a dog PLUS 9 children and a not exactly small husband in that tiny ass house? We'll never know... 

I'm fairly certain I hate her. I'm just being honest. She just reminds me of all my QF fundie past too much.

And the sheer volume of material on her life! Gawd! I mean, we have floorplans....

I was just thinking about Erica since I am going to Olive Garden for date night tonight. That she leaves her kids to eat popcorn and snacks rather than taking them (or at least a few at a time) out makes me ragey. Ms. Lawlife and I don't have kids yet, but if we are visiting inlaws and want to go out, we'll often take one or two of the pack of nieces and nephews with us. They deserve good-tasting food too, and as they are young, taking them out helps them learn how to behave in public.

4 hours ago, THERetroGamerNY said:

Her latest post is up. I guess it's recycled crap about how she rewards her children?

........she puts honey on her kid's tongues if they say something nice?!

Yeah, that would just make me try to avoid saying nice things in her earshot. I don't want someone putting honey on my tongue.

I don't quite get putting honey on a kid's tongue as positive reinforcement...... Wouldn't a simple "oh, that was nice of you to say!" Be just as effective??

Karen doesn't need the charts anymore as she's 17! *beam* Does that mean the 16-year-old Melanie still uses them??

This is also the post which details the One Jelly Belly reward. 

Erika scares the shit out of me. There's a need for control there that's just chilling. Control what they eat, when they go to the toilet, when they go from one room to another, when the speak with each other... Compared to that the fundy-ism (though I'm sure it doesn't help - extreme isolation means it'll be harder for the kids to nail down why exactly things feel wrong) is a mere detail.

Even the J-Rod kids have it better I think - they're neglected and underfed but at least that gives them some measure of freedom which the Shupes don't get.

12 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Karen doesn't need the charts anymore as she's 17! *beam* Does that mean the 16-year-old Melanie still uses them??

omigod the famous jellybean reward! i didn't realize it was with jelly bellys. I mean one jellybean is small enough, but jelly bellys are like MINI jelly beans. 

those poor kids. 

11 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

omigod the famous jellybean reward! i didn't realize it was with jelly bellys. I mean one jellybean is small enough, but jelly bellys are like MINI jelly beans. 

those poor kids. 

Jelly Bellys were on sale at Costco recently. Maybe the kids will get 2 soon! *holds breath* *passes out* 

31 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

Sticker charts for teenagers?? I always associated them with younger kids, I don't think my 13 year old would be interested in a sticker chart, it seems a bit babyish.

couldn't she have picked something that made more sense as a single piece of candy? what's wrong with a jolly rancher? 

17 minutes ago, picklepizzas said:

couldn't she have picked something that made more sense as a single piece of candy? what's wrong with a jolly rancher? 

Then it wouldn't appear draconian like Mommy Dearest is.

I have to say I did appreciate the one jelly bean I was given today by my other half. I'm pretty sure it was meant as a reward for making an awesome dinner.

tbh I'm surprised she even gives them candy. Why not a new pencil or eraser or something 'useful' like that?

They don't even have a guarantee of the jelly belly...sometimes they get a slobbery kiss. :hand:

I do often strive to just offer what I call "Smackeroo kiss" as a reward for good works, which is simply burying my lips into their soft little cheek and giving them a long, noisy kiss.  *chuckle*  And amazingly enough, they're satisfied with this!  Of course the children often ask for a Jelly Belly or a sticker when they've done well, but much of the time I simply say, "No...but you may have a Smackeroo kiss [or a squeeze hug]!"  And they laugh  and love it.  *beam* 

Yeah, Erika, I'm sure they're just *dying* for a "long noisy" kiss...:?

4 minutes ago, OnceUponATime said:

I have to say I did appreciate the one jelly bean I was given today by my other half. I'm pretty sure it was meant as a reward for making an awesome dinner.

tbh I'm surprised she even gives them candy. Why not a new pencil or eraser or something 'useful' like that?

Erika has railed before about giving kids small gifts/knick-knacks. She's afraid that if all of the kids get too many little toys or items, that it will contribute towards clutter. Plus, she's obsessed with bite-sized food- to avoid any "crumbs" falling! Ha. 

Food is control. I've mentioned before I have a kid with some health needs. Medically, she has to be deprived of a lot of foods and has a very regimented (mostly liquid) diet. One of the things she enjoys is logging and tracking her diet, calories, and symptoms because she knows if she follows doctors orders she can get a treat. I could very easily translate that into a behavior control. To me personally, it seems that's exactly what Erika is doing. Salads and smoothies every day is healthy, certainly, but fat and sugar is a whole lot more enticing. 

I don't want clutter in my house. I definitely don't want the amount of clutter that 9 kids could create. Holy Jesus. I think the honey on the tongue thing is odd too, but what's odder, is the rewarded child recites a Bible verse with Erika while enjoying their drop of honey. :my_confused: The wtf-ery is strong with that one. 

• SpoonfulOSugar locked this topic

Archived