IGNORED

40 Cringeworthy Men’s Fashion Ads From the 70s

47of74

Just now, daisyd681 said:

I haven't followed her, no. If those were her colors though. :my_sick:

Per her wedding website: hot pink and malibu blue!

IMG_6511.JPG

The Bates Girls Blog #22.jpg

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Why are fundies always 2 decades behind? There's even puffy sleeves on one. We bought an old camper from the early 80s and the first thing I did was rip out everything in those colors. Bonus: it's early 80s so there was some harvest gold and fake wood in there too.

1 minute ago, daisyd681 said:

Why are fundies always 2 decades behind? There's even puffy sleeves on one. We bought an old camper from the early 80s and the first thing I did was rip out everything in those colors. Bonus: it's early 80s so there was some harvest gold and fake wood in there too.

I don't know anything about fashion ... perhaps it takes forever for them to feel "godly approval" on the clothing style?

Like how Michelle Duggar slowly evolved from "Dear gawd NO!" style to what she is now.

5 minutes ago, daisyd681 said:

I don't know, but especially with those loud colors someone needed to tell her that half and half bridesmaid dresses (with a variety of accessories? WTH?) in multiple styles was way overkill. And then the bouquets and the ties? Dear God. She hit it and then backed up over it again. 

Someone in her wedding thread pointed out that it might have worked in Florida on a beach with white sand to downplay the pop of color and maybe some small white bouquets and plain grey suits on the men. In that purple lit mega church it's just a horror show. And so weird because her outfits are normally fairly tasteful and really modern. 

I have gone through much of my parents' basement since my mother died. It's quite the treasure trove of music, craft, crochet, knit, sewing, canning... patterns, recipes, you name it. My sister and I have saved some, but nobody can keep all of this stuff. My SIL also got some, but some just had to go to the recycling. MUCH of it was snark worthy as far as colors from the 70s.. 

In order that the Four never have to do that with MY stuff, I've started going through it already...

If I could send someone my harvest gold refrigerator and stove and get back a nice white one of each, I'd be a happy camper. Sigh. At least we don't have any shag carpet, I guess.

Some of those men's clothing ads were a real blast from the past for me. Others were way more "out there" than ever made it to my town, even back in the 70s.  Thanks for the laughs, y'all!

Two questions. What's with the ponchos? Is that man on the boat wearing his wife's nightie?

Archived