IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 17

Coconut Flan

15 hours ago, 2manyKidzzz said:

Oh, wow, I had no idea of this. Do you know what posts Strawberry Sierra was making....that is absolutely incredible. They sure have a big house for someone who works in a store. Andshe continued on and got he husband fired. I am astonished. That is amazing. My astonishment is growing by leaps and bounds. Enough said. 

doesn't surprise me in the least 

she needs to be heard 

the woman who is raising warriors 

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I remember during one of the Jessa Wedding prep episodes,  They had gone to see the church they were going to use and were talking to the very nice ladies their who work with couples to plan the wedding service.  Sierra was rude to those women when they were explaining the number of guests that could be accommodated.  And if I remember right, they said the invitations had already been sent out so they were committed to that number. 

Of course, at the time, I was more amazed that people are dumb enough to send out invitations before they have secured the venue, but I also remember Miss Flamingo showing quite an attitude towards those women. 

Sierra gets on my absolute last nerve.  But I will say, I think she probably can run circles around Jessa who apparently thinks that since she gave birth all she has to do is sit and breast feed.  Answering doors, cooking,  helping with a home improvement project that you requested, cleaning, etc are all to much for poor little Jessa now that she is a mommeeee.  I imagine Sierra runs a tight ship, and is fairly organized.  And if she is making an effort to teach her kids French, then that is also great.  Being bilingual is great for kids and helps develop their brains.  Hopefully this is a good indication that her homeschooling efforts will be better than Michelle's.    Still,  a show featuring Sierra would be like torture for me.  Not sure what it is but she is not easy to watch on TV. 

4 minutes ago, calimojo said:

I remember during one of the Jessa Wedding prep episodes,  They had gone to see the church they were going to use and were talking to the very nice ladies their who work with couples to plan the wedding service.  Sierra was rude to those women when they were explaining the number of guests that could be accommodated.  And if I remember right, they said the invitations had already been sent out so they were committed to that number. 

Of course, at the time, I was more amazed that people are dumb enough to send out invitations before they have secured the venue, but I also remember Miss Flamingo showing quite an attitude towards those women. 

Sierra gets on my absolute last nerve.  But I will say, I think she probably can run circles around Jessa who apparently thinks that since she gave birth all she has to do is sit and breast feed.  Answering doors, cooking,  helping with a home improvement project that you requested, cleaning, etc are all to much for poor little Jessa now that she is a mommeeee.  I imagine Sierra runs a tight ship, and is fairly organized.  And if she is making an effort to teach her kids French, then that is also great.  Being bilingual is great for kids and helps develop their brains.  Hopefully this is a good indication that her homeschooling efforts will be better than Michelle's.    Still,  a show featuring Sierra would be like torture for me.  Not sure what it is but she is not easy to watch on TV. 

and don't forget it was all being filmed  - so I am sure they pre booked with whoever in charge of TLC and church production. So it was a touch pathetic.

Sierra also gets on my last nerve.  But Jessa is slowly actually fast starting to creep on that.

If the show continues and at this rate I have no clue- I wonder will we see Jessa only breastfeed endlessly - because that is boring beyond belief.  Are we supposed to be enjoying to watch her breastfeed while the world goes on.   

I would love to have Jessa for about a week.  I would whip her into shape with that princess attitude she has.  I can handle bitchy and sassy, but I really can't handle laziness.

My parents came to stay for a week after I had my first one and sat and did nothing but hold the baby sometimes, and eat my food.  I cooked,  cleaned, shopped, did laundry, breastfed and entertained from the moment I got home.  My mom, has an aversion to changing diapers, so she didn't even help with that.  Needless to say when I had my second one,  my parents were invited for weekend only, instead of a full week.  And,  we kindly arranged for them to have a hotel room, so I could get them out of my hair long enough to clean up after them. 

Jessa is making Jill's capabilities look impeccable right now. Ben is being worn to shreds, changing every single diaper and getting up through the nights. He not only looks stoned, but stoned and ragged now while Jessa lays around and gets a baby brought to her to feed.

I'm kinda jealous... :pb_lol:

7 hours ago, Stoned Fundie said:

Jessa is making Jill's capabilities look impeccable right now. Ben is being worn to shreds, changing every single diaper and getting up through the nights. He not only looks stoned, but stoned and ragged now while Jessa lays around and gets a baby brought to her to feed.

So here we have the dairy princess...

Well, to be fair, I think this is the only thing a qf woman can ever openly assert her claims to, without fear of being judged by the people around her, i. e., to being pampered when she is pregnant or when she has given birth. The acceptability of this attitude has been demonstrated to Jessa so many times by her own mother (and, what is more, at her and her sisters´ expense) that it is probably a no-brainer to her to assume that now, for this once, it is finally her (Jessa´s) turn.

In that family, you go high up in the women´s pecking order by having a baby which also means that you can rightfully expect the other "non-fruitful" women to do all the work for you and still monopolize all the applause and compliments for yourself. (Imo that is why Michelle will never really accept that she won´t have another baby. She cannot. According to the rules she herself has helped to establish, there won´t be a reason to applaud her ever again and she will never again have a chance of attaining the position of "first lady" (in their world) that has been undisputedly hers for such a very long time.)

Right, St. Clara.  Who could ever forget pregnant Jill asking her husband to paint her toenails in front of her sisters when they were getting ready for Jill's wedding.  It was an absurd moment.  Why on earth she didn't have him do that at home is baffling to me but it sure showed her power over Derick "I'm pregnant with your child so get on your knees and attend to my feet!"

8 minutes ago, Handmaiden of Dog said:

Right, St. Clara.  Who could ever forget pregnant Jill asking her husband to paint her toenails in front of her sisters when they were getting ready for Jill's wedding.  It was an absurd moment.  Why on earth she didn't have him do that at home is baffling to me but it sure showed her power over Derick "I'm pregnant with your child so get on your knees and attend to my feet!"

Oh good gracious, yes. That was awful. And when all of the bridesmaids were lining up and Jill was called to get in her place in line and she made a show of dramatically "waddling" over even though she couldn't have even been 5 months pregnant at that point. Hey Jessa, I know it's your wedding and all but I just want everyone to remember that I'm pregnant right now!

Was Jill trying to act like she could no longer paint her toenails because she was pregnant? She wasn't even that far along at the time, was she? So weird.

I was huge at the end of my pregnancy and I still managed to clip my toenails by myself. I never painted them but I am sure I could have if I had wanted to.

3 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Was Jill trying to act like she could no longer paint her toenails because she was pregnant? She wasn't even that far along at the time, was she? So weird.

I was huge at the end of my pregnancy and I still managed to clip my toenails by myself. I never painted them but I am sure I could have if I had wanted to.

Eh, I think there was so little happening to film that a producer saw a bottle of nail polish sitting around and got an idea...

I painted my toe nails when I was in labor with #2.  Took a shower and then painted my nails--it was distracting and somehow made me feel better!

2 hours ago, ClaraOswin said:

I am so massively big while pregnant. For sure can't paint my nails, or clip them.  I have to ask my husband to clip them, and trust me though he's loving and willing, I wish I didn't have to. But I am huge. Apparently I'm birthing the hulk. The ultrasound tech said "whoa, look at that belly!". Thanks lady. 

I may be able to paint my big toes, if i really tried. And mangle the rest of them. But really at this point I only know i have feet because they are swollen by the end of the day.  

However, that's not true for me in the first and second trimesters.  

(also, I've given up tied shoes and gone to slip ons. just getting socks on feels like a huge job)

Everyone always told me my belly was huge too. But I have no idea if it was really THAT big or not. I did find that I had to clip my toenails a bit differently than usual. I mean, I couldn't put my foot up right in front of me or anything. I had to kind of 'froggy' my legs out...haha. Super classy.

7 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Everyone always told me my belly was huge too. But I have no idea if it was really THAT big or not. I did find that I had to clip my toenails a bit differently than usual. I mean, I couldn't put my foot up right in front of me or anything. I had to kind of 'froggy' my legs out...haha. Super classy.

Nah, I'm huge. for sure. Definitely bigger than the first time around. Can barely fit any shirts any more, including ones that fit at 39+ weeks last time.  Baby is measuring way ahead as well.  I keep having to push my seat back in the car- hopefully i can still reach the steering wheel, without shoving baby into it, by the time i'm 39 weeks.

I've seen myself from the side. I have no delusions. I am huge. bigger than a lot of twin bellies.  

The countdown is on over here- eviction notices will be served in a matter of a few weeks.

On March 29, 2016 at 7:52 PM, calimojo said:

Sierra bugs me too. She seems like the loud, bossy person at work who really has no clue. Delusional and power hungry.

Monkey see, monkey do. Jessa is just copying what she saw her mother do. Jichelle never lifted a finger to do anything else when she had a baby. It was all about the new baby and none of the other kids mattered as much. Older kids could do the work because she had the baby. Now without one Jichelle doesn't know what to do. I half think she might be carrying around a babydoll just out of habit.    

2 hours ago, GreenTea said:

Jichelle never lifted a finger to do anything else when she had a baby. It was all about the new baby and none of the other kids mattered as much. Older kids could do the work because she had the baby. Now without one Jichelle doesn't know what to do. I half think she might be carrying around a babydoll just out of habit.    

I'd imagine Josie gets a lot of extra attention now - certainly more than any of the other littles got. I wonder if Michelle is homeschooling the young ones now that she's not pregnant or nursing and she and JB don't seem to have as many outside presentations and speeches as a few years back.

Nah - Jana is still at home. What was I thinking?

2 hours ago, GreenTea said:

Sierra bugs me too. She seems like the loud, bossy person at work who really has no clue. Delusional and power hungry.

Yes, and the combination of Sierra and the Duggars seems a match made somewhere other than heaven.  Who else on earth would even think up that flamingo bullshit, much less go along with it?

1 minute ago, Inky said:

I'd imagine Josie gets a lot of extra attention now - certainly more than any of the other littles got. I wonder if Michelle is homeschooling the young ones now that she's not pregnant or nursing and she and JB don't seem to have as many outside presentations and speeches as a few years back.

Nah - Jana is still at home. What was I thinking?

Isn't one of the Paine girls teaching them now? She can't be any worse than their othrt Teachers. She might not be any better, either.

Stupid quote box doesn't let me correct. Sorry for the typos.

3 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

Nah, I'm huge. for sure. Definitely bigger than the first time around. Can barely fit any shirts any more, including ones that fit at 39+ weeks last time.  Baby is measuring way ahead as well.  I keep having to push my seat back in the car- hopefully i can still reach the steering wheel, without shoving baby into it, by the time i'm 39 weeks.

I've seen myself from the side. I have no delusions. I am huge. bigger than a lot of twin bellies.  

The countdown is on over here- eviction notices will be served in a matter of a few weeks.

Now I want to see a picture of his belly! Ha!

20 minutes ago, Inky said:

I was never sure if the Paine girl was there permanently - I figured she was helping out while the Duggars were travelling.

In the Paine family blog, she says she is a live-in tutor. At least as of November 2015. It's in the comment section.

http://12paines.com/about/tabitha/

13 minutes ago, calimojo said:

Did I miss Buzzards review of the most recent episode?  I couldn't find it.

@meda did the recap this week. The first post is in the link below:

I think the Paine girl is there full time.  She is in a lot of Duggar pictures etc.  I hope she is, for the sake of the kids still are in school.  How else would Jana have time to install can lights and oversee a tree house project? 

On 3/30/2016 at 8:47 PM, Stoned Fundie said:

I truly do not buy that Ben changed any diapers before this most recent episode. He called the diaper a "contraption" and started talking about how bad it smelled like he had never been within 20 feet of a baby before. Either he has never changed a diaper and the Duggars are pretending the menfolk do ANY childrearing work (which I think is likely) or TLC was pretending he had never changed a diaper before (which goes against their "men totally help out with the kids! Women do masculine things!" narrative at the moment, and also Ben is a shit actor we know and that sounded more genuine than I would give him credit for being able to pretend at), but either way something about that whole scene didn't add up.

• choralcrusader8613 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived