IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 17

Coconut Flan

38 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I truly do not buy that Ben changed any diapers before this most recent episode. He called the diaper a "contraption" and started talking about how bad it smelled like he had never been within 20 feet of a baby before. Either he has never changed a diaper and the Duggars are pretending the menfolk do ANY childrearing work (which I think is likely) or TLC was pretending he had never changed a diaper before (which goes against their "men totally help out with the kids! Women do masculine things!" narrative at the moment, and also Ben is a shit actor we know and that sounded more genuine than I would give him credit for being able to pretend at), but either way something about that whole scene didn't add up.

Weren't these shows filmed last year?

So, that would make sense, as the baby was quite young at the time.

2 unemployed parents...probably fighting over having something to do.

• Replies 530
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, SassyPants said:

Weren't these shows filmed last year?

So, that would make sense, as the baby was quite young at the time.

2 unemployed parents...probably fighting over having something to do.

This Tuesday's episode featured Bin being positively confounded by the notion of a diaper. But one of the two prior to this week featured Jessa talking about how he ALWAYS changes the diapers. Yeah, they were filmed last year, but in terms of the timeline it doesn't make sense that one week Jessa is saying how Ben always does the diapers (and also we saw Anna and Josh horrifyingly advising that "Daddy should take care of the south end" *vomit* before Spurge was born), and yet later on Ben is acting like he's never even seen a kid before in his life.

I think that the Duggar women were instructed to pretend that the fathers did those sorts of childrearing jobs as part of the Duggar image facelift, and then Ben fucked it up by going on and on about how confusing the diapers are. And since TLC editors probably fall asleep editing this stuff (I mean we fall asleep watching the final product) it got in there despite being totally contradictory.

49 minutes ago, OrchidBlossom said:

I truly do not buy that Ben changed any diapers before this most recent episode. He called the diaper a "contraption" and started talking about how bad it smelled like he had never been within 20 feet of a baby before. Either he has never changed a diaper and the Duggars are pretending the menfolk do ANY childrearing work (which I think is likely) or TLC was pretending he had never changed a diaper before (which goes against their "men totally help out with the kids! Women do masculine things!" narrative at the moment, and also Ben is a shit actor we know and that sounded more genuine than I would give him credit for being able to pretend at), but either way something about that whole scene didn't add up.

The "contraption" comment was about baby overalls, not a diaper.

I have to give him a pass on seeming clueless. I was so clueless about baby stuff when I had my son. It was hard for me. And it was a big deal when I was finally left alone with him. I never really did feel comfortable with those runny baby poop diapers. They were so nasty. My husband changed way more of them than I did! (The perks of having a husband who works from home.)

9 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

The "contraption" comment was about baby overalls, not a diaper.

I have to give him a pass on seeming clueless. I was so clueless about baby stuff when I had my son. It was hard for me. And it was a big deal when I was finally left alone with him. I never really did feel comfortable with those runny baby poop diapers. They were so nasty. My husband changed way more of them than I did! (The perks of having a husband who works from home.)

Ah okay, so boring I must have missed the overalls part. Still, he seemed pretty confused/uncomfortable with diaper changing. 

I will 100% give him a pass on being confused about being clueless. But I just don't buy that he is simultaneously completely flummoxed by baby poop/a diaper/children AND has been doing all or substantially all of the diaper changing for about two months (which should be about how old he was when that episode was filmed). The way he was acting, to me, was like someone who had never done anything of that nature before really, which just doesn't line up. He doesn't have to be comfortable with it (I'm sure I wouldn't be!) but a sense that he had ever done it before is what I would need for it to be plausible.

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

I wonder how much of it was just being played up for the "story line."

All of it:shhhh:lol

all of it. absolutely all of it. Like I mentioned before I'm about to wrap up my bachelor's in film school (only to do something completely unrelated in gradschool LOL) and yes, "reality" shows are anything but...what's funny is that they have a couple of new(er) babyies  in the fam, 48,000 family members (give or take a few) and are still lacking in the story department. At this point a documentary about an old couple going on a walk in Saskatchewan seems more interesting than them. I don't get it...but hey, I can't wait for when Blessa decides she needs new curtains and makes a project out of it (for others so she can watch). I do have to say though, the "tree house" project is kind of awesome! I mean it's not necessary and why don't they use that money for all the supplies to help less fortunate people or use it to send their kids to Science World (or whatever the non-Vancouver equivalent in Arkansas is for that) or a children's museum or ANYTHING else...but hey, their building plans look kind of cool. Would have killed for a fort like that as a kid.

I think Ben's confusion was from the snaps on the overalls. Even as an experienced mother, I often ended up w/one left over.

That might be rather interesting, but there have been rumors that Ben was having relationship troubles with Jessa.

5 hours ago, Arete said:

I'll put in a dollar that says it's Amy's husband.

Apparently the Duggar/in-law complained of a lack of sex and when there was sex, it was straight missionary with lights off and no sounds of any kind.

"No sounds of any kind"? Don´t think this could ever be a fitting description of Amy, in whatever situation of life... :giggle:

(I know I am being incredibly silly :my_blush:, am going to show myself to the prayer closet immediately...)

It's nonsense. If you are in a Duggar church and having an affair, you would never out it to the evil media. You would be scared to death you were found out. Also, the description of the unsatisfactory love life is too suspiciously stereotypical. 

Maybe last year I would have added: "And a Duggar would never do that because it goes against their strongest convictions and they maybe a creepy bunch but they seem to really believe what they say about marriage ."

But that one has gone out of the window, together with the "they would not endanger their brand" and "they are to isolated and controlled to find a lover" arguments.

Even though it was only Josh (as far as we know) their whole image as a wholesome family with high morals was shattered. And since that was their selling point, there is no hope to redeem their brand. And considering the disaster of the new counting on shows, re-inventing themselves convincingly is not their strong point.

10 hours ago, religiouslyconfused said:

http://www.crazydaysandnights.net/2016/03/blind-item-2-1240.html

Another Duggar Blind item, but idk who it is. Probably Bin (most likely Bin) or Derrick and I am not sure how accurate that is, but who knows for sure. 

Mmmmm........ thinking out of the box, but maybe Anna (Six months was mentioned..... Muhaha). Bit of revenge sex maybe :kitty-wink:

If it was Bin, you'd hear the yawning through the darkness wouldn't you :562479a9d021a_Titanicyawn:

5 minutes ago, Hera said:

I thought the Duggars home churched or whatever.

They do, with one or two other families at least.

1 hour ago, Hera said:

I thought the Duggars home churched or whatever.

I think the implication is that it's someone from the in-law's church, not the Duggar church.  I think it's a bunch of hogwash anyway.

1 hour ago, choralcrusader8613 said:

They do, with one or two other families at least.

Thanks.  I'm not sure exactly what "home churching" even means.  Maybe I'll start telling my mom that's what I'm doing when she asks if I'm going to church on Sunday morning.  "Nah. I'm home churching right here in my bed."  Oh, or I could start a new movement called "Brunch Churching!"

2 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

I think the implication is that it's someone from the in-law's church, not the Duggar church.  I think it's a bunch of hogwash anyway.

I do, too.  Maybe it's about Amy.  But they haven't been married that long, have they? 

1 hour ago, Hera said:

Thanks.  I'm not sure exactly what "home churching" even means.  Maybe I'll start telling my mom that's what I'm doing when she asks if I'm going to church on Sunday morning.  "Nah. I'm home churching right here in my bed."  Oh, or I could start a new movement called "Brunch Churching!"

If they can have SOTDT you can have Church of the Fitted Sheets. 

During collection you can shake the sheets for crumbs left by anyone who ate cookies.   

1 hour ago, MoonFace said:

If they can have SOTDT you can have Church of the Fitted Sheets. 

During collection you can shake the sheets for crumbs left by anyone who ate cookies.   

Done and done!

If it is true, it has to be Bin, as Derrick has been in Cintral Amurica for the last 6 months (give or take)--don't think a church member followed him down there.

IIRC, the Dullards were attending a brick and mortar church when they lived in the area--do the Smugwalds?

15 hours ago, religiouslyconfused said:

That might be rather interesting, but there have been rumors that Ben was having relationship troubles with Jessa.

I think that's just been speculation here at FJ based on Bin's yawning.

On February 25, 2016 at 9:47 AM, quiverofdoubt said:

Consider my desires unstirred. Possibly for life.  I'm glad this didn't have sound too early in the day for that

Their idea of mocking the other 7 billion of us.

7 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

Mmmmm........ thinking out of the box, but maybe Anna (Six months was mentioned..... Muhaha). Bit of revenge sex maybe :kitty-wink:

If it was Bin, you'd hear the yawning through the darkness wouldn't you :562479a9d021a_Titanicyawn:

Enty (owner of Crazydaysandnights) posted a non blind article on Anna getting consultations for plastic surgery, so she can look more attractive to Smuggar. 

5 hours ago, Mothership said:

If it is true, it has to be Bin, as Derrick has been in Cintral Amurica for the last 6 months (give or take)--don't think a church member followed him down there.

IIRC, the Dullards were attending a brick and mortar church when they lived in the area--do the Smugwalds?

I think that's just been speculation here at FJ based on Bin's yawning.

as well as his cranky behavior - the yawning wasn't as bad as the attitude in the kitchen 

Maybe he's yawning because Jessa is so hot, she's wearing him out every night. Probably not.

• choralcrusader8613 locked, unlocked and locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived