IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon Part 3

Boogalou

can she be Rapunzel ? can Ben ever shave his god awful beard - he no longer is 19 - he can look 20 

can he have a normal smile 

thank you ! :D

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, nst said:

can she be Rapunzel ? can Ben ever shave his god awful beard - he no longer is 19 - he can look 20 

can he have a normal smile 

thank you ! :D

No. :laughing-lettersrofl:

10 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

What is it about these pictures that you don't understand?  The one on the left is Jessa in the hospital after giving birth and without the extensions.  The one on the right is with the extensions that are longer than her waist.  Does your hair look that different in pictures taken ten days apart?  

56d7854e6d32f_0Jessa1.PNG.bfbd5dc21c33e2

This still doesn't convince me.  In the second photo she's brought all her hair over her shoulder and in the first only some of it is.  We can see that she has layers cut in to account for the shorter pieces. 

I don't really care whether she does or doesn't use extensions - if she does they are good quality! 

15 minutes ago, Apricot said:

This still doesn't convince me.  In the second photo she's brought all her hair over her shoulder and in the first only some of it is.  We can see that she has layers cut in to account for the shorter pieces. 

I don't really care whether she does or doesn't use extensions - if she does they are good quality! 

Jessa's real hair is much thinner and much, much shorter.

56d816afed71a_00hair.jpg.47a3e9aa1ae8020

Are fundies allowed to wear hair extensions?  They show their long hair because it's God's grace, right?  So if wearing extensions, like... misrepresenting how much grace you have?  Would this be a huge scandal if other fundies found out about Jessa's secret hair extensions?

8 minutes ago, Defrauding Feminist ESQ said:

Are fundies allowed to wear hair extensions?  They show their long hair because it's God's grace, right?  So if wearing extensions, like... misrepresenting how much grace you have?  Would this be a huge scandal if other fundies found out about Jessa's secret hair extensions?

Jessa wears extensions because she is vain, not Godly.  But it is a sign of how much she focuses on pretensions. 

1 hour ago, Defrauding Feminist ESQ said:

Since the girls aren't allowed to value anything inside or underneath their necks, all the focus is on face and hair. They are allowed, maybe encouraged, to wear makeup from puberty, and the girls spend a ton of time on their hair. Michelle is always going on about how they should be noticed for their faces, and to keep a nice countenance.  If makeup isn't a problem I don't see how hair extensions would be.

7 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

Since the girls aren't allowed to value anything inside or underneath their necks, all the focus is on face and hair. They are allowed, maybe encouraged, to wear makeup from puberty, and the girls spend a ton of time on their hair. Michelle is always going on about how they should be noticed for their faces, and to keep a nice countenance.  If makeup isn't a problem I don't see how hair extensions would be.

What woman in her right mind needs to pretend that her hair grows all the way to her hips?  

I can only imagine on their wedding night when Ben first tried to run his fingers through her hair.  Bet he felt defrauded! :content:

3 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

What woman in her right mind needs to pretend that her hair grows all the way to her hips?  

I can only imagine on their wedding night when Ben first tried to run his fingers through her hair.  Bet he felt defrauded! :content:

We'll know more when spurge gets to the grab everything and pull stage. He'll yank them right out. I had so much (natural) hair pulled out before i gave in and just put it in a bun everyday.

13 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

What is it about these pictures that you don't understand?  The one on the left is Jessa in the hospital after giving birth and without the extensions.  The one on the right is with the extensions that are longer than her waist.  Does your hair look that different in pictures taken ten days apart?  

56d7854e6d32f_0Jessa1.PNG.bfbd5dc21c33e2

Those pictures aren't a fair comparison. No one's hair is going to look thick and bouncy while being in the hospital after a long labor & delivery with blood loss. The other picture has the benefit of her being able to style the hair to make it look more full. As for the length, in the hospital pic her hair has a little more curl to it, which can make it appear shorter. Her hair is more wavy than curly in outdoor picture, making it look longer. I highly doubt she has extensions, but that's just my humble opinion on the matter.

And now I hate myself for spending much time analyzing Jessa's hair.

My hair is layered, and when I pull it all over my shoulder like the second pic, it looks significantly longer than when the bulk of it is behind my back and only the shorter layers are in front like in the first one. 

I always wanted hair extensions, but then something dawned on me. I realized, that I would be paying hundreds of dollars, for a really long ponytail. 

When I was a raging pothead/raver, I had the "brilliant" idea (I was high of course), that it would be totally awesome, to get rainbow colored, hip length micro braids, and attach little jingle bells at the end of them (for added flair). Amazingly enough, I only got laughed at, over the jingle bells idea.

15 hours ago, singsingsing said:

One of the totally unsubstantiated claims that DuggarWatch loves to throw down as though it's a known fact is that Jessa has hair extensions. I've never seen anyone else ever suggest that she has extensions. All the Duggar girls seem to have long, thick hair and no problem growing it, and this has been the case since they first appeared on TV. I seriously doubt they all had hair extensions as kids and preteens.

It's not hard to get hair like Jessa's if your hair follicles are cooperative - you just don't cut it. I grew my hair from just above my shoulders to about the same length as Jessa's in maybe 2 or 3 years. There were always people who told me (like they literally told me!) that I dyed my hair, straightened it, and/or had extensions, none of which was true. It was pretty annoying.

I have perfectly straight hair- like not a single kink, curl, or wave- and people always act shocked when I say I don't straighten it. Why is it so surprising that people can have naturally straight hair?

31 minutes ago, JesSky03 said:

I have perfectly straight hair- like not a single kink, curl, or wave- and people always act shocked when I say I don't straighten it. Why is it so surprising that people can have naturally straight hair?

Me too. My hair doesn't even hold a curl no matter what method i use -- it is so pin straight. My own hairdressers still don't believe me that I don't straighten my hair. I was told that my hair would change once I got pregnant/had a baby, and I wished so hard that would have been the case! But alas, still straight as a Quiverfull arrow. :(

22 minutes ago, FlamingFundie said:

Me too. My hair doesn't even hold a curl no matter what method i use -- it is so pin straight. My own hairdressers still don't believe me that I don't straighten my hair. I was told that my hair would change once I got pregnant/had a baby, and I wished so hard that would have been the case! But alas, still straight as a Quiverfull arrow. :(

My really good friend is like this too, super straight. Mine is pretty straight, but her's takes the cake!

Mine is the same way- straight as a pin. And my friends all hate me because I don't own a flat iron and use my blow dryer maybe 10 times a year. Wash and go is the definition of my hair

The idea that a woman's hair would look the same in a photo taken in a hospital room in poor lighting after a long and arduous labour and delivery and a hemorrhage and blood transfusion, as in a photo taken of her when she's nine months pregnant, outdoors, in sunlight, professionally shot and carefully styled, and probably having just washed, blow-dried, and curled/styled her hair, is ludicrous to the point of insanity.

And I love the suggestion that women are lying about growing their hair to their hips. I guess I hallucinated when I thought I had hip-length hair. Or maybe someone was coming into my bedroom at night and putting extensions in.

I know plenty of women who wear their hair very long, to the point where it can be a hassle to take care of it. Jessa either likes it that way or her parents encouraged her to wear it long because a woman's hair is "God's grace".

So is the hair thing a new FJ trend? If you cut your hair you are becoming fundy lite? If you keep it long you are still deep in the Koolaid? Is shorter hair the new fundies wearing pants?

I know a lot of people with crazy long, thick hair and it is all theirs. No extensions needed. I don't think Jessa has them and am not exactly sure why it would be imported if she did. Girl has way more issues to be snarked on but hair really shouldn't be one of them. 

51 minutes ago, socalrules said:

So is the hair thing a new FJ trend? If you cut your hair you are becoming fundy lite? If you keep it long you are still deep in the Koolaid? Is shorter hair the new fundies wearing pants?

I know a lot of people with crazy long, thick hair and it is all theirs. No extensions needed. I don't think Jessa has them and am not exactly sure why it would be imported if she did. Girl has way more issues to be snarked on but hair really shouldn't be one of them. 

I actually have wondered this.  Obviously the girls get their hair cut, because it's often layered.  But I know they're supposed to keep it long - would it be a thing (amongst them) if Jessa or Joy or whomever cut their hair to like shoulderlength?  Would it be a big deal if one of them was lying about how long their hair was by getting extensions?  I know it's insane and laughable, but now I'm curious.  Plus, the idea of Jessa (or anyone) putting extensions in her hair in the dark so nobody could ever see is just funny.  What a silly skeleton to hide in the closet

53 minutes ago, Defrauding Feminist ESQ said:

I actually have wondered this.  Obviously the girls get their hair cut, because it's often layered.  But I know they're supposed to keep it long - would it be a thing (amongst them) if Jessa or Joy or whomever cut their hair to like shoulderlength?  Would it be a big deal if one of them was lying about how long their hair was by getting extensions?  I know it's insane and laughable, but now I'm curious.  Plus, the idea of Jessa (or anyone) putting extensions in her hair in the dark so nobody could ever see is just funny.  What a silly skeleton to hide in the closet

This is one of those things I wonder about with the Duggars...do they not cut it (other than trims and layers) because they don't want to/daddy wouldn't like it, or is it because they have publicly talked about why they have long hair so much that now they feel they can't change their minds because of the public's reaction?  Jim Bob is a controlling asshole, no question, but I can imagine it not being that big a deal to him if his daughters decided to drastically cut their hair.

Long hair is so fetishized in their community that I wouldn't be surprised if they thought that cutting it would rob them of their femininity or desirability. Especially if they're married, they believe it's their responsibility to be as desirable and sexually pleasing to their husbands as possible so as to keep them from straying. 

I like having long hair, but every couple years or so I get sick of it and chop it all off. If I were a fundie, I'd probably be terrified to cut it. And if long hair = beauty and femininity, and femininity = religious piety, then there's a lot of vanity, insecurity, and signalling wrapped up in having long, lustrous locks if you're a fundie woman.

Maybe they think they'll lose their feminine appeal if they cut their hair, like Samson lost his strength. At least they've stopped perming it. I remember them saying that daddy liked their curly hair. :puke-left:

7 hours ago, quiverofdoubt said:

We'll know more when spurge gets to the grab everything and pull stage. He'll yank them right out. I had so much (natural) hair pulled out before i gave in and just put it in a bun everyday.

Speaking of buns...the new picture floating around where they are all in the utility kitchen: Jessa has her hair up in a bun on top of her head. Could she do that w/extensions?

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived