IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon Part 3

Boogalou

1 hour ago, SilverBeach said:

No way in heck they paid for Josie's care. I was a group medical underwriter right out of college. Even back then (1980s), the costs of caring for a preemie normally reached catastrophic levels, like a million dollars. This was before micropreemies survived to the degree they do now. Josie's care was definitely several million dollars. The Duggars are lying liers who lie.

IIRC there is an Arkansas rule that kids qualify for SS and/or or Medicaid if they are in the hospital for something like 60-90 consecutive days after they are born. After that point you don't even apply, you are automatically  enrolled and that pays the bills.

• Replies 642
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Micro preemies and extremely low birth weight babies are covered under a fragile babies insurance coverage provided both by state and the federal governments. It is a form of GASP, Medicaid.

And I'm sure the anti-government JB Duggar lapped up every red cent of that government provided coverage.

Recent engagee Kathryn Neely (to Daniel Staddon, Bible Bee stud, IBLP slave, and member of the ATI wagon train to Big Sandy) posted "Encouragement from Susannah Spurgeon" on the Neely Team website in February. http://theneelyteam.com/2016/02/09/encouragement-from-susannah-spurgeon/

If Bin and Jessa stay with S names, perhaps they'll name a girl child Susannah after the wife of preacher Spurgeon. And perhaps they'll call Susannah by the preacher's nickname for his helpmeet. He always and only called her "Wifey." Charming. I'd like to see Bin (or JBoob) try to get away with that.

18 minutes ago, sophrosyne said:

Recent engagee Kathryn Neely (to Daniel Staddon, Bible Bee stud, IBLP slave, and member of the ATI wagon train to Big Sandy) posted "Encouragement from Susannah Spurgeon" on the Neely Team website in February. http://theneelyteam.com/2016/02/09/encouragement-from-susannah-spurgeon/

If Bin and Jessa stay with S names, perhaps they'll name a girl child Susannah after the wife of preacher Spurgeon. And perhaps they'll call Susannah by the preacher's nickname for his helpmeet. He always and only called her "Wifey." Charming. I'd like to see Bin (or JBoob) try to get away with that.

well since Ben seems to call Jessa wifey on instagram and we all read that book - i hope they don't name the next one Wifey 

2 hours ago, SilverBeach said:

Wasn't Josie in the NICU for months? Michelle's care was not cheap either.

Josie was in the NICU for 5 months, IIRC and then was readmitted for about another month. 

3 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

Ben's post was made without a copyright notice for Jeremy Vuolo and without any indication that Vuolo knew Ben was publishing his work.  There is no personal message from Vuolo that he agreed to this at all.  You can't copy and paste 1,200 words of content from another website without permission.  

Ben didn't plagarize, but I do wonder if he got permission from the author to post the entire thing as he did. 

I am now waiting on some kind of hair tutorial from Blessa to pop up on her social media/blog after all this hair discussion here...one where she pulls her hair every which way to make sure we can all see it's real and all. It'll be great.

On 3/4/2016 at 4:59 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Holy shit, it looks like he just copy-pasted the whole thing. I taught in a school that had a huge problem with copying and cheating, and even my most chronic, blatant cheaters knew to tweak one or two words when they plagiarized or copied.

I am actively involved in the WordPress community. Binniny's post will not remain up as is for long unless he cites his source, or otherwise mentions permission from the originator. With such an egregious action of poaching-plagiarizing, methinks he will be booted from the site to the curb otherwise.:popcorn:

On 04/03/2016 at 1:35 PM, FlamingFundie said:

Insurance might kick in a bit if you have it. But usually, no, you wouldn't pay all of it. You'd likely negotiate a payment plan for a while, then offer a lump sum for a fraction of the balance. Hospitals would rather get something instead of nothing. But it's not uncommon for people to declare bankruptcy due to medical bills.

I cannot get my head around this. That is not a figure of speech, I'm actually sat with my mouth hanging open in between writing each line of this. I just can't.

As I've mentioned a few times on here I'm British. I'll use my situation as an example of how things work here...

I have Bipolar Disorder and was diagnosed in 2009. In that time I've been under the care of 2 mental health teams (one in the county where I used to live and one where I live now), they include a psychiatrist who I see every 2 months, a psychiatric nurse who comes to my flat to see me once a fortnight and an occupational therapist who comes to my flat weekly (I'm going through a rough patch at the moment and need the extra support). Each day I have to take 5 different tablets, which I get in bulk each month. I also have my GP and a crisis team on hand, should I need them. This service costs me nothing, nada, not one pence up front.

I do work, but currently I'm off sick due to said Bipolar Disorder. The government pays my whole rent and council tax and I get £88 a week sick pay. When I get my normal pay I do pay National Insurance, which among other things does pay for the NHS, so that is the only way I pay for the above treatment. I've dug out a pay slip to see how much I pay, and for a month where my total pay was approx £1500 my NI was £99.33. I could not survive if I lived in the US.

I am in total shock.

On 3/4/2016 at 0:02 PM, EmmieJ said:

Ben didn't plagarize, but I do wonder if he got permission from the author to post the entire thing as he did. 

Interesting that it involves a "parable" about a car dealership. Perhaps this is meant as a allegory regarding Joshly? Or maybe the Duggars will be giving away cars? 

On 3/4/2016 at 3:07 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

I cannot get my head around this. That is not a figure of speech, I'm actually sat with my mouth hanging open in between writing each line of this. I just can't.

As I've mentioned a few times on here I'm British. I'll use my situation as an example of how things work here...

I have Bipolar Disorder and was diagnosed in 2009. In that time I've been under the care of 2 mental health teams (one in the county where I used to live and one where I live now), they include a psychiatrist who I see every 2 months, a psychiatric nurse who comes to my flat to see me once a fortnight and an occupational therapist who comes to my flat weekly (I'm going through a rough patch at the moment and need the extra support). Each day I have to take 5 different tablets, which I get in bulk each month. I also have my GP and a crisis team on hand, should I need them. This service costs me nothing, nada, not one pence up front.

I do work, but currently I'm off sick due to said Bipolar Disorder. The government pays my whole rent and council tax and I get £88 a week sick pay. When I get my normal pay I do pay National Insurance, which among other things does pay for the NHS, so that is the only way I pay for the above treatment. I've dug out a pay slip to see how much I pay, and for a month where my total pay was approx £1500 my NI was £99.33. I could not survive if I lived in the US.

I am in total shock.

America is one of the few 1st world countries without national health insurance.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Universal_health_coverage_by_country

In America, you can be turned away from a hospital if you don't have medical insurance.  

1 minute ago, DuggarWatch said:

In America, you can be turned away from a hospital if you don't have medical insurance.  

That makes me actually feel physically sick. It's so wrong.

On March 4, 2016 at 7:59 AM, OnceUponATime said:

Ok first off on the Duggar's facebook they say "guest blog"
Secondly Jeremy Vuolo is mentioned as the author (see below).

Whether or not they obtained permission to do so I do not know.

seewald.png.18f67fc2e2962138880a518aed70

Looks like Binjermin gave him credit, but gee whiz, this story (?) parable (?) is so badly written that it's torture to read.  Why repost it?

11 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

America is one of the few 1st world countries without national health insurance.

Yes, you can be turned away from the privately funded hospitals, but every community has a publically funded hospital that is required by law to accept anyone who needs treatment regardless of ability to pay.

1 minute ago, Drala said:

Yes, you can be turned away from the privately funded hospitals, but every community has a publically funded hospital that is required by law to accept anyone who needs treatment regardless of ability to pay.

The problem is that in an emergency, the person needing immediate assistance may not be anywhere near a publicly funded hospital!  It's not like you can decide where to have an automobile accident or a heart attack.  Patients need the closest hospital.  Also, it is claimed that care for indigents is not the same level of care given to those with medical insurance.  Many, many children suffer because of this.  Also, there is little medical care for the uninsured for non emergencies.

18 minutes ago, DuggarWatch said:

The problem is that in an emergency, the person needing immediate assistance may not be anywhere near a publicly funded hospital!  It's not like you can decide where to have an automobile accident or a heart attack.  Patients need the closest hospital.  Also, it is claimed that care for indigents is not the same level of care given to those with medical insurance.  Many, many children suffer because of this.  Also, there is little medical care for the uninsured for non emergencies.

In those cases, private hospitals may stabilize the uninsured patient and then dump them (transfer, they say) that person to a public hospital. The HC delivery system in America is messed up. Obamacare was a good start but did not go far enough but was the best that could be done with the Congress that President Obama had to work with. 

I live 40 miles from the county hospital, which is the only public one in these parts, I believe. It serves all of metro Chicago, so you can imagine how long the waits are. I have never had to go there, and I hear that the quality of care is pretty good, but there just isn't enough capacity. The best thing to do around here is get to a Catholic owned hospital if you have no insurance and need care,they take that charity thing seriously. 

I am 3 months post-divorce to a man who did VERY similar things as our Joshley. 

As such, my daughter is on Medicaid until such point I can make enough to get us on our feet again. 

She needs an inhaler for her asthma. Doc prescribes it--they say they need a prior authorization. The fuck? Isn't a prescription a prior authorization? Then they denied the authorization. 

So, when my daughter goes to the hospital because she can't breathe, enjoy paying for that Medicaid. I tried. 

Fuck it. 

"Prior authorization?" Never heard of that before. From whom?

Yeah, I've had to get prior authorization for something before.  And had it rejected.  Basically the insurance company wants to see that you tried a different (read: cheaper) medication and that it didn't work, which is why you are being prescribed the more expensive kind.  

Edited to add that then the insurance co can just reject it anyway.

4 hours ago, Jucifer said:

Looks like Binjermin gave him credit, but gee whiz, this story (?) parable (?) is so badly written that it's torture to read.  Why repost it?

because Spud's father wants us to know about Grace 

and he wants to be the one to share it because we are all heathens 

4 hours ago, Piano gal said:

I am 3 months post-divorce to a man who did VERY similar things as our Joshley. 

As such, my daughter is on Medicaid until such point I can make enough to get us on our feet again. 

She needs an inhaler for her asthma. Doc prescribes it--they say they need a prior authorization. The fuck? Isn't a prescription a prior authorization? Then they denied the authorization. 

So, when my daughter goes to the hospital because she can't breathe, enjoy paying for that Medicaid. I tried. 

Fuck it. 

This is awful.  Have you tried contacting the pharmaceutical company?   Some overpriced medicines are provided for free by the pharmaceutical company when insurance turns it down for people who are not able to pay out of pocket.  (It is because medicine is so overpriced.  The companies do better keeping the high prices and donating some medicines to those who can't get it another way.)

In any case, I hope you can find a solution.  What a thing to have to deal with, on top of everything else.:romance-heartsmiley:

5 hours ago, DuggarWatch said:

Are there any other industrialized nations without national health insurance? I thought we (i.e., the US) were the only one.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived