IGNORED

Palins in the News - MERGED

clarinetpower

It's disturbing how willing Sarah Palin is to drag her grandchildren's fathers through the mud:

"In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Bristol's mother, former vice-presidential candidate and Alaska Governor Sarah Palin said, 'For many months we have been trying to reach out to Dakota Myers and he has wanted nothing to do with either Bristol's pregnancy or the baby.'

"She also suggested that Meyer is attempting to 'save face.'"

What strikes me is that the Palins accused Levi Johnston of doing this too, and they described it the same exact way:

Poor Bristol! Look at what she has to deal with, being abandoned with the baby! We tried and tried and tried to reach out, but he's just a deadbeat dad!

But Dad #1 said that the Palin family actively tried to cut him out, and Dad #2's attorney is implying it.

I'm more inclined to believe the dads... which would make Sarah Palin's badmouthing even more despicable.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 minutes ago, warriorblade8857 said:

It's disturbing how willing Sarah Palin is to drag her grandchildren's fathers through the mud:

"In an interview with Entertainment Tonight, Bristol's mother, former vice-presidential candidate and Alaska Governor Sarah Palin said, 'For many months we have been trying to reach out to Dakota Myers and he has wanted nothing to do with either Bristol's pregnancy or the baby.'

What strikes me is that the Palins accused Levi Johnston of doing this too, and they described it the same exact way:

Poor Bristol! Look at what she has to deal with, being abandoned with the baby! We tried and tried and tried to reach out, but he's just a deadbeat dad!

But Dad #1 said that the Palin family actively tried to cut him out, and Dad #2's attorney is implying it.

I'm more inclined to believe the dads... which would make Sarah Palin's badmouthing more despicable.

Yeah. Two starts to become a pattern. So either the Palins are self absorbed, selfish, mean assholes or Bristol makes really bad decisions in/with her choice of men. Oh wait...

25 minutes ago, warriorblade8857 said:

I'm more inclined to believe the dads... which would make Sarah Palin's badmouthing even more despicable.

This is really sad. Even if both dads were losers, how sad would it be to grow up and read your grandmother bad-mouthing your father all over the Internet? I don't understand how people in this day and age, do not think through these things! :dontgetit:

17 minutes ago, AnywhereButHere said:

So either the Palins are self absorbed, selfish, mean assholes or Bristol makes really bad decisions in/with her choice of men. 

1431725056952778384.jpg

4 hours ago, Joyleaf said:

Things seem to be under way:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3390748/Who-s-daddy-Dakota-Meyer-s-custody-battle-Bristol-Palin-escalates-forced-PATERNITY-TEST-amid-questions-baby-s-actual-birth-date.html

I don't agree with the article though that Dakota Meyer is forced to take a paternity test. The court paper is ambiguous on that from my point of view. He might very well be the one demanding a test (and still granny's words about it being sad taht he has to prove his paternity would fit IMO.)

Since a paternity test is required, he didn't sign the AOP, which makes sense since he want in Alaska when baby was born.

The complaint says he "alleges" he is the father. With that wording the court will order a paternity test. One, it makes sure he is bio dad and thus has claims over said child and two make sure he doesn't come back to the courts in a year or so filing a revocation of paternity.

He has an attorney, and any attorney worth their fee will advise and push their client to get a paternity test so everyone is 99.9% sure the kid is his kid!

(not an attorney butwork in child support)

It's quite ironic how Sarah loves  her some  military vets yet one of them could be her downfall.

I feel sorry for Bristol having to live this in the public life (even though she did make $$ being an abstinence-only speaker).  I feel most sorry for this future child, too.  How I wish she would just say... "Y'know, that abstinence-only stuff is a crock of sh*t.  Follow it, and you'll end up with two unintended pregnancies like me. "  or even better.. "Hey, I'm a normal young woman who likes sex...and there's nothing wrong with that."

9 hours ago, slickcat79 said:

I've always subscribed to the idea that Trig is Sarah's, she just never wanted to raise a child with DS. She wouldn't (or couldn't) have an abortion, so she deliberately took really poor care of herself and made risky decisions while in labor in the hopes that "something" might happen that would take care of the problem. It is a lot more likely for someone of Sarah's age to conceive a baby with DS than a teenager, and the timing of the Trig and Tripp pregnancies is a little too tight for me to believe they're both Bristol's.

The 18 days pic definitely looks suspicious, but people can grow very quickly when they near the end of pregnancy, plus her posture is very different in the 2 pics. She may have even been pooching it out a little when she knew she was being photographed because a late-term pregnancy with a DS baby makes such a convenient pro-life prop.

I love Palin conspiracy theories, and I'm even entertained at how much the Palins obviously love them despite their objections, since they do nothing but throw fuel on the fire :pb_lol:

I think this is the most likely scenario. She might not have even been intentionally taking poor care of herself. I think it would be normal for her to be conflicted about the pregnancy, and that alone could explain a lot of what seems weird about the pregnancy.

23 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

It's quite ironic how Sarah loves  her some  military vets yet one of them could be her downfall.

She was definitely willing to hitch her train to Dakota's when she thought she could get something (i.e., credibility) from him. 

Slight topic change, if it turns out Dakota isn't the baby's father, I'm thinking it's more likely that it would be her ex before him rather than some random Vegas hookup (based on comparison pictures someone posted on the blog linked to above). A December due date with him, though, might mean that he may have been with Bristol at the same time he was with his current girlfriend, based on the time they started showing up in each other's Instagram pictures. Oops. More drama. 

4 minutes ago, umsami said:

I feel sorry for Bristol having to live this in the public life (even though she did make $$ being an abstinence-only speaker).  I feel most sorry for this future child, too.  How I wish she would just say... "Y'know, that abstinence-only stuff is a crock of sh*t.  Follow it, and you'll end up with two unintended pregnancies like me. "  or even better.. "Hey, I'm a normal young woman who likes sex...and there's nothing wrong with that."

In her interview with Greta (?) whatever-her-name-is on Fox right after Tripp was born, she did say abstinence wasn't realistic, but then walked it back and made somewhere between a quarter and half a million dollars preaching it. She also continues to put her life in the public eye, going to the tabloids/blogs with comments on Tripp's dad and custody arrangements, etc. She could shut her social media down, making it private, but she leaves that open, too, knowing it will attract attention. She wants that. If she wanted a private life, she wouldn't have had a reality show (participating in her mother's or signed on for her own), she wouldn't have gone on Wife Swap, she wouldn't have been on Dancing With the Stars twice, she wouldn't go to events like the White House Correspondents' Dinner. Unfortunately, living that kind of life brings the bad attention with the good, and when you do the hypocritical things that she's done (and let's face it, the possibility of an abstinence speaker not knowing who the father of her child is is pretty good gossip!), people are going to have a reaction. The only sympathy I have for her was that her mother thought it was ok to parade her pregnant teenage daughter onstage at the RNC,  using the logic that since she was supposedly 5 months pregnant with Tripp in 2008 at the convention, and Trig was 4 months old, that Trig couldn't *possibly* be Bristol's. 

This is probably a ridicuously stupid comment/question, but I'm going to ask it anyway;  are there pictures of Bristol from late winter/early spring in 2008? I tried looking for some, I I found some references to them, but the images were no longer available.  It seems to me that the easiest way to solve the "is Trig Bristol's baby" conspiracy is to look at pictures and videos of her during that time period.  Looking at Sarah's oddly changing belly sizes really doesn't put any nail in the coffin because it's much easier to make yourself look pregnant (like after dinner when I have food baby), but it's almost impossible to hide a pregnancy for someone who is petite and slender.  It still won't prove who's Trig's actual mother, but it should help to eliminate Bristol as one of the possible choices.  I know, probably super stupid, but is it really?

In terms of this most recent baby daddy drama, I'm always reluctant to squarely place the blame on the mother- IMO, it's the sister wife of slut-shaming.  As much as I can't stand the Palin family and hate everything they stand for- I think it's just as likely that Bristol finds herself in the same situation again because she makes poor choices in men, as it is that she's a horrible manipulative bitch who keeps the men around until they're no longer useful.  

I do find it extremely odd that the litigation is pending paternity, since it was Dakota the filed the initial motion for custody and child support. Why would he do that if he questioned whether or not he was the father?  Unless he did it to force the Palins' hand to admit he wasn't Sailor's dad?!  If it's a well known fact to the Palins and Dakota that someone else is the father, what if he got pissed by how they portrayed him as a deadbeat dad, so he decides to file for the joint custody he's entitled to?  Either Bristol has to share custody of her daughter with, not-the-father for the next 18yrs, or she has to admit Dakota isn't Sailor's dad.  Just another idea! But I really can't think of one other good reason why Bristol would be the one to request confirmation of paternity. 

1 minute ago, punkiepie said:

In terms of this most recent baby daddy drama, I'm always reluctant to squarely place the blame on the mother- IMO, it's the sister wife of slut-shaming.  As much as I can't stand the Palin family and hate everything they stand for- I think it's just as likely that Bristol finds herself in the same situation again because she makes poor choices in men, as it is that she's a horrible manipulative bitch who keeps the men around until they're no longer useful. 

I agree, and it bothers me that people are so quick to assume that it was Bristol who did everything wrong. I mean, doesn't the fact alone that Dakota was ready to join the Palin family show poor judgment? :pb_razz:

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Since a paternity test is required, he didn't sign the AOP, which makes sense since he want in Alaska when baby was born.

The complaint says he "alleges" he is the father. With that wording the court will order a paternity test. One, it makes sure he is bio dad and thus has claims over said child and two make sure he doesn't come back to the courts in a year or so filing a revocation of paternity.

He has an attorney, and any attorney worth their fee will advise and push their client to get a paternity test so everyone is 99.9% sure the kid is his kid!

(not an attorney butwork in child support)

You are right about somethings here, but only if Dakota isn't listed as the father on the birth certificate. If a father is named on the BC, the court assumes he is the father.  Full Stop. Dakota would be entitled to joint custody without any DNA test, unless proven otherwise.  Legally speaking, it makes no sense that he would initiate filing for custody before seeking DNA confirmation of paternity.  If there is no father listed on Sailor's bc, the first thing he would need is a court order requiring a paternity test before he could file for joint custody.   

(This comes from a former law school student, one semester shy of graduating, who decided all too late that she really hated being around lawyers. Well, almost all of them!  And I'm no expert on the Alaskan judicial system; but, while each state has different laws that govern children, families, custody, etc., in general, the laws are all somewhat similar.)

Let's see some birth certificates, ladies! President Obama showed you his, now show us the babies'! We want some answers! :dance:

It's true that it's much more likely per PERSON for a woman 35+ to have a baby with Down Syndrome, but that doesn't mean chromosomal abnormalities don't happen for younger mothers. Many more women in their 20s (or teens, or early 30s) are having babies than women in their mid to late 30s or 40s.

Old data, but the best source I can find: http://www.down-syndrome.org/reports/304/

Ultimately, though, they're all monumental liars and useless human beings.

7 hours ago, punkiepie said:

6 hours ago, Rachel333 said:

I agree, and it bothers me that people are so quick to assume that it was Bristol who did everything wrong. I mean, doesn't the fact alone that Dakota was ready to join the Palin family show poor judgment? :pb_razz:

I agree that there are usually two sides to any story, and people sometimes jump to blaming the mother (although I think placing the blame squarely on the father is much more common).

To clarify, I don't think Bristol is a horrible manipulative bitch. I'm sure she's perfectly average in that respect, like most people are. However, Sarah Palin has shown that she's willing to lambast anybody that doesn't play ball her way (Going Rogue, various TV appearances, etc). I wouldn't be surprised if it turned out that she ran interference against the dads because the relationship soured, or they wanted shared physical custody instead of visitation, or a number of other reasons.

Again, this is based on what I've seen of Sarah Palin and the appearance that she rules the family. Perhaps she has less influence with Bristol than I think. Perhaps both dads are rotters. However, when Sarah Palin lambasts both dads in the same exact way, and both dads are saying or implying that the Palin family is the problem... I've got questions.

Trigg is definitely not Sarah's baby, and one site called Political gates (fka Palingates) had screencaps of Bristol saying she was a mother duck to baby! I cannot believe I am not the only one who thinks this is all a lie. Of course, I had not know about this site when I was really into this conspiracy. 

One thing I don't think most people realize is that the culture of Alaska, and especially a smaller town like Wasilla, is much different than the lower 48. If you talk to most Alaskans, something like this would definitely be accepted and believable. Even I grew up hearing stories of Sarah and Todd snorting coke off oil drums after snow machining and Bristol having to get carried out of parties from being so wasted. You'd think in a small town it would be harder to hide a baby or a pregnancy, but well, the Palins had power there and it was only necessary to shut a few people up. Plus the underground rumor mill there isn't too well connected; it's not as if CNN is trolling Wasilla for the next big story...

In regards to Down Syndrome and maternal age- I once worked with a DS child who was born to a 14 year old mother.  

On 1/8/2016 at 11:42 AM, slickcat79 said:

I've always subscribed to the idea that Trig is Sarah's, she just never wanted to raise a child with DS. She wouldn't (or couldn't) have an abortion, so she deliberately took really poor care of herself and made risky decisions while in labor in the hopes that "something" might happen that would take care of the problem.

This was my thought as well, but I always feel a bit squeamish voicing it. The game of musical babies involved in the other versions of the conspiracy seems so benign in comparison.

Sarah hauled Trig around like he was a sack of potatoes when he was an infant. I think he was only a prop to her. I hope that as he's grown, she's become more attached. Sarah strikes me as one of those people who thinks babies aren't interesting because they don't have personalities yet. (Maybe I go to the opposite extreme, because my kids seemed to be expressing their individuality in the delivery room.)

The scariest thing to me about this family is that this woman was *this close* to being the Vice President of the United States. It just shows what poor poor checking into her they actually did. 

5 minutes ago, Marissap said:

The scariest thing to me about this family is that this woman was *this close* to being the Vice President of the United States. It just shows what poor poor checking into her they actually did. 

Yeah, I can never forgive John McCain for that. 

As I read more about this family, I can't help but wonder how much more we would know about them if they lived in the lower 48! I feel like there's a lot we don't know, simply because they're so isolated up in Wasilla. What do you all think? 

In my opinion, if they were down here, it would be nearly impossible to keep people quiet, stay out of photographs, etc. And my guess is, there have been a lot more scandals than we're aware of.  

5 minutes ago, iweartanktops6 said:

As I read more about this family, I can't help but wonder how much more we would know about them if they lived in the lower 48! I feel like there's a lot we don't know, simply because they're so isolated up in Wasilla. What do you all think? 

In my opinion, if they were down here, it would be nearly impossible to keep people quiet, stay out of photographs, etc. And my guess is, there have been a lot more scandals than we're aware of.  

That's likely why they didn't like living in Phoenix/maricopa, because they couldn't control their image nearly as much. Also she's a really small fish in Scottsdale, and she probably didn't like that so she moved back to her tiny pond

Just now, Mrsaztx said:

That's likely why they didn't like living in Phoenix/maricopa, because they couldn't control their image nearly as much. Also she's a really small fish in Scottsdale, and she probably didn't like that so she moved back to her tiny pond

Just wanted to say that I really enjoy your posts! :) 

Archived