IGNORED

Palins in the News - MERGED

clarinetpower

Someone PLEASE make this shrieking harridan go away. I'm begging you.

It kills me that she came up with squirmish, because it's an awesome word. Dammit. 

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

It's all Obama's fault.

He wouldn't have done it if Trump were president.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/01/20/politics/sarah-palin-track-palin-ptsd-arrest/index.html

The fact that he was raised in a family of trashy grifters with no moral core is completely irrelevant.

Who are Republicans going to blame once Obama is out of office?  I mean... everything wrong with the world in the history of ever is his fault.  Will they continue to blame him once he's gone?

2 minutes ago, bashfulpixie said:

Who are Republicans going to blame once Obama is out of office?  I mean... everything wrong with the world in the history of ever is his fault.  Will they continue to blame him once he's gone?

You betcha!

That woman's got such a grating voice, nails on a chalkboard for sure, which I could overlook if only she said anything worthwhile. Her family (minus the Downs syndrome son, not snarking on him),  should just go on Jerry Springer and be done with it.

18 hours ago, Lillybee said:

I thought that she was under the influence of something during that speech.

That crossed my mind as well, but maybe screeching in front of a crowd is her drug of choice. 

True Confession: I'd rather have Donald Trump as president than Ted Cruz.  There, I said it.  It's a sad, sad statement on so many levels. 

3 hours ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

I'm not sure where you are sourcing this, but it's wrong on a number of fronts.

1.  CIB is not automatically awarded as you stated.  For example, see:  http://nation.time.com/2013/04/05/to-cib-or-not-to-cib-that-is-the-question/  Further, it's only available to men in the 11 Bravo MOS.  Now, Track would be eligible on that front (since he was 11 B) but there's absolutely no "automatic" about it, nor is it proof of seeing or not seeing combat, particularly as OIF, like VietNam, had very fluid battle settings.  If this were a requirement, no woman would have military PTSD, since they were not allowed to hold the 11B MOS in OIF.

2.  Service connected PTSD is NOT required to be related to combat.  It is only required to be "an injury or illness that was incurred or aggravated during active military service."  http://www.va.gov/opa/publications/benefits_book/benefits_chap02.asp

http://www.vva.org/develop_evidence.html

3.  While the DD-214 is public record. military medical records are NOT.  While I'm dismayed and disgusted that the Palins went "there" - we simply do NOT know whether Track has PTSD or not.  Estimates are that between 14 and 20 percent of those who served in OIF/OEF have diagnosable PTSD, and many are going untreated.

We talk about fundies and "survivor wars."  The military community cannot afford "veteran wars."  Any military member whose service lead to PTSD - whether due to combat, serving on a retrieval detail, morgue duty, rape on base, or a training accident . . . they all deserve quality diagnosis and treatment.

I agree and PTSD can be very hard to diagnose and many soldiers are unwilling to ask for help for fear of the stigma it may give them in their career etc. So it is a rocky slope for the survivors. It is not a cut and clear diagnosis and may take some time to show up also.

She seems to "go there" when it is convenient for her and may put her in the headlines. I hope if Track does have PTSD, she has been working to get him help and not just pointing fingers as to who is to blame for it. But, it sounds like he has had anger issues for a long time. If so, she can not blame Obama or anyone else. It falls in the lap of the parents

I just wonder why suddenly she has brought this up? She certainly talked non stop about his being deployed to Iraq when she was stumping for VP. As I have stated before my son is in the military and has done some protection services for politicians. Sarah Palin included. He said she would not even look their direction or admit they were standing there. Most others shook hands or said thank you but she acted as if they were not there. He would prefer not to pull duty for her again but does not have the option of who and where he works for. I thought having a son in the service would place her in another category of  understanding more of what they had been through and were willing to go through for the protection of our citizens but I was very wrong.

I just hope the girl has gotten far away from all of the family. It isn't something anyone deserves or needs in their life.

5 hours ago, Emkay said:

Apparently, Jeremy Morlock, Track's friend who was part of the 'kill team' who was murdering Afghani civilians, tried contacting then-Governor Palin during his deployment to get a 'compassionate reassignment' to go home to take care of his mother and sisters, and was ignored. 

In case you're not familiar with the 'kill team:'

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/asia/i-lost-my-moral-compass-how-a-young-us-soldier-triggered-an-abuse-scandal-in-afghanistan-2252475.html

"Morlock soon began smoking locally cultivated marijuana several times a week. He was also being prescribed ten different medications (including painkillers, anti-depressants, and sleeping pills) by military doctors. An army medical evaluation later found that he had post-concussive syndrome, dependence on cannabis, had abused opiates and sedatives, and was suffering from personality disorder and post-traumatic stress disorder. But he was not removed from the front line."

WTF?!?

2 hours ago, Valerie3kids said:

I agree and PTSD can be very hard to diagnose and many soldiers are unwilling to ask for help for fear of the stigma it may give them in their career etc. So it is a rocky slope for the survivors. It is not a cut and clear diagnosis and may take some time to show up also.

She seems to "go there" when it is convenient for her and may put her in the headlines. I hope if Track does have PTSD, she has been working to get him help and not just pointing fingers as to who is to blame for it. But, it sounds like he has had anger issues for a long time. If so, she can not blame Obama or anyone else. It falls in the lap of the parents

I just wonder why suddenly she has brought this up? She certainly talked non stop about his being deployed to Iraq when she was stumping for VP. As I have stated before my son is in the military and has done some protection services for politicians. Sarah Palin included. He said she would not even look their direction or admit they were standing there. Most others shook hands or said thank you but she acted as if they were not there. He would prefer not to pull duty for her again but does not have the option of who and where he works for. I thought having a son in the service would place her in another category of  understanding more of what they had been through and were willing to go through for the protection of our citizens but I was very wrong.

I just hope the girl has gotten far away from all of the family. It isn't something anyone deserves or needs in their life.

In my opinion, the best responses I've seen are veterans who are arguing that the Palins should not politicize veterans' issues, ESPECIALLY PTSD.  It's not a partisan topic - it should be something every politician prioritizes.

I think I'll leave it at that. :)

56 minutes ago, SpoonfulOSugar said:

In my opinion, the best responses I've seen are veterans who are arguing that the Palins should not politicize veterans' issues, ESPECIALLY PTSD.  It's not a partisan topic - it should be something every politician prioritizes.

Military aside for a moment, how about a mother politicizing her own son's arrest?  She didn't need to discuss it at all.

And what about the victim of this alleged violent assault?  Nothin'.  She doesn't matter.

There is a special place in hell for John McCain for bringing this vile creature into our midst.

17 minutes ago, JenniferJuniper said:

Military aside for a moment, how about a mother politicizing her own son's arrest?  She didn't need to discuss it at all.

And what about the victim of this alleged violent assault?  Nothin'.  She doesn't matter.

There is a special place in hell for John McCain for bringing this vile creature into our midst.

I think the media would have forced her to say SOMETHING.  I think, though, "This is a very serious matter which we would like to deal with privately as a family.  We will be working with our son to ensure that he receives appropriate care, that justice is done, and that the young lady involved also receives any necessary care." would be classy.

Ahem, *tries to keep a straight face*

Apparently Sarah is blaming Obama for Track's recent fuckery. He may be suffering from PTSD from his year in Iraq, which possibly lead to him brutally assaulting the young lady. :angry-banghead:

ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME?

http://m.nydailynews.com/news/politics/sarah-palin-blames-obama-son-track-legal-problems-article-1.2503589

What a disgusting excuse for a human being, she is! 

The scariest thing to me about this family is that this woman was *this close* to being the Vice President of the United States. It just shows what poor poor checking into her they actually did. 

This thread made me re-watch "Game Change" to remind myself of that whole comedy of errors...

I remember, though, watching her announcement as candidate and thinking that choosing a woman was brilliant, particularly since she was such a good speaker (ha!). She certainly could perform, if it was all written down for her. Think, schmink - just give me my line!

I had the same thought when she was announced. I thought that selecting an attractive, well spoken mother was a genius move. Then they turned her loose on her own and it all dissolved into a cesspool of crazy.

13 hours ago, JenniferJuniper said:

I disagree. I believe that she was inflicted on McCain by Republican leadership, in a misguided effort to get support from the tea partiers and the more extreme elements of the Republican party. McCain was considered too moderate to gain support from those segments. There was actually quite a bit of publicity at the time about the conflict between McCain and Palin.

Clearly, this did not achieve their desired outcome.

(No, I did not vote for them).

I think I might have said this before but every time she or her family members surface I say fuck you very much John McCain for inflicting them on us all.

42 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

I think I might have said this before but every time she or her family members surface I say fuck you very much John McCain for inflicting them on us all.

Haha, I remember my dad coming home when hearing about the Sarah Palin choice and being like "Who is this woman? Who knows who she is? Why would they even choose her?" He was dumbfounded. Having being very pro-Hillary in the primary, he became extra enthusiastic about

Of course, it made for great SNL fodder. I mean, from what I remember, the SNL parody of the Katie Couric interview was actually almost word for word from the original.

On 1/21/2016 at 11:42 AM, SilverBeach said:

That woman's got such a grating voice, nails on a chalkboard for sure, which I could overlook if only she said anything worthwhile. Her family (minus the Downs syndrome son, not snarking on him),  should just go on Jerry Springer and be done with it.

Yeah, her voice is like someone took a dozen of those multi chalk things to draw musical bars, tied them together in a long row, put nails in each holder, and then dragged them across the chalkboard.

On 1/21/2016 at 11:34 AM, bashfulpixie said:

He will be The Perpetual Scapegoat.

44 minutes ago, SilverBeach said:

He will be The Perpetual Scapegoat.

Yup. And all the fallout from the Bush administration are his fault, can't be Bush's dat since he is no longer in office. But once Obama is no longer in office everything will be his fault because everything will be fallout from his administration. 

On 1/21/2016 at 9:42 AM, SilverBeach said:

I love what someone said on Facebook about her voice, "cat being sucked up by a Hoover." It shows how clueless she is in endorsing Trump after he made fun of that reporter, since she's got a son with Down syndrome.

On 1/23/2016 at 9:55 PM, 19 cats and counting said:

Can SNL please bring back Tina Fey to do Trump endorsement?

Ask and ye shall receive: www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pinZNYxQeo

33 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Ask and ye shall receive: www.youtube.com/watch?v=0pinZNYxQeo

Beautiful

I wonder if she'll be relevant enough this Halloween to dust off my red jacket, glasses, and black pencil skirt?

On 1/5/2016 at 11:15 PM, adidas said:

But wasn't she raking it in for spruiking abstinence? I thought it was more a statement against the hypocrisy in that.

Oh boy, oh boy OH BOY.  Spruiking is a brand new word for me, and what a perfect usage as well. 

Archived