IGNORED

Palins in the News - MERGED

clarinetpower

1 hour ago, Rubaiyat said:

Anyone have any thoughts on her nail polish?  It appears to be bright red in some pics, but a neutral beige-ish in the baby-on-the-chest photo.  Trick of the light?  Emergency mani-pedi immediately post-birth?  Smooth shop job of someone else's hand with the "right" date?   I'm so not being snarky towards anyone's theories, those were the first three things that came to my mind :) 

This stuff is pure, weapons-grade fantastic.  

I would also love, love, love to know the real story behind her stint on DWTS!  I can gain weight with the best of them, but I'm not sure even I could put on that kind of weight while enduring that kind of physical exertion.  

What?? *heads over to Google*

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
16 minutes ago, iweartanktops6 said:

What?? *heads over to Google*

As I understand it, she's been the only (non-injured) contestant to ever GAIN weight on the show. (And in maybe slightly suspicious places)image.jpeg.622c9352f51ce66b7397a7aad7ea0

image.jpeg

I just saw the blog from the original post that mentioned Willow's quote saying that the father is some black guy. I'm imagining everyone rushing to look down at the baby after she came out, to see how light/dark she looked! :pb_lol: What a mess! 

6 minutes ago, Emkay said:

As I understand it, she's been the only (non-injured) contestant to ever GAIN weight on the show. (And in maybe slightly suspicious places)image.jpeg.622c9352f51ce66b7397a7aad7ea0

image.jpeg

Oh my word!!! That's significant! Don't get me wrong, she's certainly not fat! But she gained a good but of weight in a short period of time, while doing strenuous exercise! Interesting. 

Also the costume designers hate her, they couldn't have chosen a more unflattering outfit if they tried. It's like everything Kim Kardashian wears

It's so ironic that the Palin clan have made numerous references to Obama's not being born in America/ an American citizen, even though the POTUS/White House have shown a copy of his birth certificate, but on their own birth scandals/intrigues, they don't follow suit. Why not? Granted, Sailor's BC be not be available just yet (not sure how long they take to be issued over there), but some kind hospital record would do. Why not simply show the evidence and put everything to rest? 

My god is "the face you deserve" ever catching her at warp speed. She's always been an annoying fluffheaded hypocrite, but she used to be a fresh-faced cute annoying fluffheaded hypocrite. From an article in 2010:

bristolpalinx-inset-community.jpg

From her Instagram in November (zoomed in, but not otherwise edited):

bristol.jpg

Don't get me wrong, she's still attractive... but that's a lot of aging for 20 to 25.

4 hours ago, Emkay said:

image.jpeg

I can't check right now, but I'm pretty sure that second photo is from her return stint on DWTS. It's definitely her post-surgery face. So she may have gained weight, but those wouldn't be the right comparison shots.

5 hours ago, Mrsaztx said:

https://www.yahoo.com/celebrity/exclusive-sarah-palin-fires-back-024100042.html

"my values are such that a real American hero doesn't ask for child support." -Bristol's rep

What?! are you guys seriously throwing that shade right now?! Hold on, I need to run to the store for more popcorn

This will be soooo popcorn-worthy.

My theory so far:
Dakota Meyer asked for a paternity test to clear up whether he's the father or not.
Maybe he really wants to know, maybe he just wants to prove the baby is not his so that people don't ask him why he's not caring for her in some way.

The Palins denied his request for a paternity test, and as long as they don't ask him for child support he has no legal grounds to demand a test AFAIK.

So Dakota Meyer filed for custody and money.
The Palins can now try to comply but that would mean they have Mr. Meyer mangling in their lifes, and maybe even paying him money which also might mean they would have to come open about their incomes.

Even if they can avoid paying him money, if he wins custody he'll have access to the baby and can have  a private paternity test done. Which is something the Palins won't want IF he's not the baby's father.

Ironically the only way to stop all this would be to prove right away that Dakota Meyer is not the father.
Then he would have to withdraw the court case.

So yeah, POPCORN! :pb_mrgreen:

32 minutes ago, Joyleaf said:

The Palins denied his request for a paternity test, and as long as they don't ask him for child support he has no legal grounds to demand a test AFAIK.

Actually the man can request a paternity test. I knew they could ask for it in my state (I work in child support) so I went to Alaska's site and yes he can ask for a paternity test.

From this website: http://www.csed.state.ak.us/faq/faq_paternity.aspx

5. Can the father ask to establish paternity, even if the mother objects?

Yes. Generally, the father has a right to establish his paternity rights. There are times, as provided in statute, when CSSD may not establish paternity.

As for Bristol's rep saying this:

6 hours ago, Mrsaztx said:

"my values are such that a real American hero doesn't ask for child support." -Bristol's rep

UNBELIEVEABLE!! I think that is showing more that the Palin's don't want anyone else around to raise Palin children. I think Sarah is the ultimate helicopter mom.

This reminds me of the Anna Nicole Smith and Larry Birkhead case.  Wasn't he also running into a brick wall trying to prove that he was the baby's father until Anna Nicole's death?  Why did he have so much difficulty in obtaining a paternity test?  I'm getting popcorn too.....this should be good!:popcorn:

2 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

This reminds me of the Anna Nicole Smith and Larry Birkhead case.  Wasn't he also running into a brick wall trying to prove that he was the baby's father until Anna Nicole's death?  Why did he have so much difficulty in obtaining a paternity test?  I'm getting popcorn too.....this should be good!:popcorn:

Her lawyer, that's why. He was really weird and obsessive about Anna Nicole. I also believe his name was on the birth certificate, so that added an extra layer of difficulty. 

1 minute ago, anjulibai said:

Her lawyer, that's why. He was really weird and obsessive about Anna Nicole. I also believe his name was on the birth certificate, so that added an extra layer of difficulty. 

Oh, that's right.  The 'other' Howard Stern.  I forgot that his name was on the birth certificate..  I guess that would present a bigger obstacle.  Glad it all worked out in the end (though not about her death.)

1 hour ago, quiversR4hunting said:

Actually the man can request a paternity test. I knew they could ask for it in my state (I work in child support) so I went to Alaska's site and yes he can ask for a paternity test.

From this website: http://www.csed.state.ak.us/faq/faq_paternity.aspx

"Yes. Generally, the father has a right to establish his paternity rights. There are times, as provided in statute, when CSSD may not establish paternity. "

I'm not sure if "to establish his paternity rights" means the same has being allowed to demand a paternity test.

Looking at question 2 where it says

How can the child support agency help establish paternity?

Either the mother or the father may complete an application for services and a paternity affidavit. If the father isn’t willing to sign a voluntary paternity affidavit, the agency may order DNA testing to prove fatherhood.

it might be that they mean that the father can sign a paternity affidavit even if the mother objects. I don't think that demanding a DNA test is covered by that. Especially if the mother has not claimed that the guy is the father.

Looking at question 6, there might have to be a "contested paternity case" to force the child to relinquish DNA for a test.

Each party in a contested paternity case must submit to genetic tests.

Also, question 11 might indicate that the mother doesn't have to agree to genetic testing if she is financially self-reliant:

Unless the mother is receiving public assistance benefits, she doesn’t have to ask for or accept child support payments from the father. Generally, if a mother applies for public assistance, she is required to help the state establish paternity for the collection of child support.

So far I'll stick to my theory and keep eating my popcorn.*

*Disclaimer: I don't actually like or eat popcorn.

39 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Oh, that's right.  The 'other' Howard Stern.  I forgot that his name was on the birth certificate..  I guess that would present a bigger obstacle.  Glad it all worked out in the end (though not about her death.)

Gosh...I remember how strange that whole situation was. Anna's lawyer/boyfriend kept insisting he was the baby's father. :my_confused:

29 minutes ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

Gosh...I remember how strange that whole situation was. Anna's lawyer/boyfriend kept insisting he was the baby's father. :my_confused:

IIRC, weren't there other guys also stepping forward saying they could be the father besides Mr. Birkhead and the other Howard Stern?    It was indeed a weird situation.

Back to Bristol, this should be interesting.  I hope Dakota insists on paternity testing.  He has a right to know if the baby is his daughter and if he is, be involved in her life regardless of what the Palins want. And if he isn't he needs to know to settle the question for himself.

29 minutes ago, Joyleaf said:

I'm not sure if "to establish his paternity rights" means the same has being allowed to demand a paternity test.

Looking at question 2 where it says

How can the child support agency help establish paternity?

Either the mother or the father may complete an application for services and a paternity affidavit. If the father isn’t willing to sign a voluntary paternity affidavit, the agency may order DNA testing to prove fatherhood.

it might be that they mean that the father can sign a paternity affidavit even if the mother objects. I don't think that demanding a DNA test is covered by that. Especially if the mother has not claimed that the guy is the father.

Looking at question 6, there might have to be a "contested paternity case" to force the child to relinquish DNA for a test.

Each party in a contested paternity case must submit to genetic tests.

Also, question 11 might indicate that the mother doesn't have to agree to genetic testing if she is financially self-reliant:

Unless the mother is receiving public assistance benefits, she doesn’t have to ask for or accept child support payments from the father. Generally, if a mother applies for public assistance, she is required to help the state establish paternity for the collection of child support.

So far I'll stick to my theory and keep eating my popcorn.*

*Disclaimer: I don't actually like or eat popcorn.

First, not a lawyer and not from Alaska.

Question 2 pertains if the parents want iv-d services (child support services that may or may not include child support- things like medical insurance, child care costs, parenting time and custody, for example). I would argue #2 would only work if he has already signed the AOP.

Question 6 - If he is asking for paternity test, I would say that is contested.

Question 11 - is all about public assistance. It won't (at this time) pertain to Bristol. (How is she making a living, BTW?) 

He can petition the court to compel her to have the baby take a paternity test (it's a simple mouth swab). Even though she is not on assistance and the State can't make her name the father, a Judge can. BUT he (possible dad) needs to start the court proceedings. Same goes for her, if she all of the sudden wants child support (and not on assistance) she could request it but most men would request a paternity test first.

Question 5 from the website? 

5. Can the father ask to establish paternity, even if the mother objects?

Yes. Generally, the father has a right to establish his paternity rights. There are times, as provided in statute, when CSSD may not establish paternity. (my bolding)

To the bold of #5, a mother can object to establishing paternity if the child was conceived due to incest or rape. The answer to #11 talks about "good cause" and that is what "good cause" means. The custodial parent has good cause not to comply with child support because the abuse is so horrific or the child was a product of incest or rape. I don't think Bristol will win the case if she doesn't want potential dad to compel baby to have a paternity test.

If he really wants a paternity test or if he really wants to voluntarily sign an AOP, then he can and Bristol can't do much about it. (She could fight it but I really think a judge would order her to comply.)

At ours you where lucky if you got tea and toast after delivery. Must say they didn't give two hoots about nail polish either and never asked mothers to be to remove it but I am UK so totally different once again. 

So dakota wants part custody or full. I do wonder if this is to oust her to say he isn't the actual father of the baby also child support huh the Palins are broke are they not. 

I'm so confused and bewildered by this line of thinking.  So being an American hero means your instantly flushed with loads of cash?  Reproducing with an American hero means that you're not obligated by law to support your child in the same manner that those of us who have kids with regular non-heroic Americans are?  His status in the military/heroism has no bearing on whether or not he should or should not ask for child support--that money is not for him, that money is for supporting Sailor, and she is the one innocent person in this whole mess.

So, she isn't claiming Dakota as the father on the birth certificate.  She isn't asking him for child support.  Her reputation in the eyes of the Palin following world is already in the shitter.  What possible reason could she have for fudging the baby's birthdate?  Oh right.  She's an idiot who lives for the drama.

4 hours ago, Eternalbluepearl said:

God, that was all very weird. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time, but it was very strange. Fortunately, there's a whole wiki page on the debacle, so now I'm heading down that rabbit hole :tw_face_rabbit:

3 minutes ago, IreneIssh said:

God, that was all very weird. I didn't pay much attention to it at the time, but it was very strange. Fortunately, there's a whole wiki page on the debacle, so now I'm heading down that rabbit hole :tw_face_rabbit:

Oh yeah, and the son Danielle died and then Anna Nicole died. All so sad. 

3 hours ago, ViolaSebastian said:

I'm so confused and bewildered by this line of thinking.  So being an American hero means your instantly flushed with loads of cash?  Reproducing with an American hero means that you're not obligated by law to support your child in the same manner that those of us who have kids with regular non-heroic Americans are?  His status in the military/heroism has no bearing on whether or not he should or should not ask for child support--that money is not for him, that money is for supporting Sailor, and she is the one innocent person in this whole mess.

Yeah...I'm with you on this one.  Most enlisted military members ranked E-4 and below qualify for govt. assistance in addition to their military pay/benefits, if they have defendants (A family.)  Being military does NOT mean you're rollin' deep with fat stacks.  It's disgusting how little our younger/lower enlisted families make.  

*Disclaimer, if you're single and lower enlisted, you're basically pulling in nothing but spending cash, since everything else is taken care of - you live on base, you eat at the chow hall, you're uniforms are partially provided, etc...  It's only when you add in a family that it becomes not nearly enough to live on, even if you're living on the base.  

Pretty sure her "values" are simply: "my mom says I don't have to listen to you, or do anything I don't want to do!!!"  

Archived