IGNORED

Palins in the News - MERGED

clarinetpower

On 3/19/2016 at 10:59 AM, samurai_sarah said:

There, there, don't cry. The word salads are the only thing I like about the Palins. They make ESL speakers feel better, and give us hope. If that rubbish can nearly get you the job of VP of the USA, imagine how far I could get. It's inspirational.

Yes, I just called the Palins "inspirational". I will show myself out, and re-think my life.

On 3/20/2016 at 6:54 PM, samurai_sarah said:

Sorry- for quoting myself, and- that was arrogant. I apologise for that. I'm an ESL speaker, and often learned the hard way. But my response to the Palins was unkind. By implication, I am making fun of everyone whose English is imperfect. I have no business doing that. Especially, since I'm a German dialect speaker, and my dialect is confusing at the best of times.

So, I sincerely apologise. That was uncalled-for.

Well, I must say I'm on team @samurai_sarah.  Most ESL speakers make a genuine effort to learn a language, some multiple languages, I respect their (your) accomplishments!  

Ms. Palins speaking style is very difficult to follow.  As a former governor, and a current political pundit, she has a responsibility to communicate with clarity. Her muddled message is very confusing. 

By the way, I enjoy your posts, and you do a great job with your ESL skills.

• Replies 361
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, ALM7 said:

Well, I must say I'm on team @samurai_sarah.  Most ESL speakers make a genuine effort to learn a language, some multiple languages, I respect their (your) accomplishments!  

Ms. Palins speaking style is very difficult to follow.  As a former governor, and a current political pundit, she has a responsibility to communicate with clarity. Her muddled message is very confusing. 

By the way, I enjoy your posts, and you do a great job with your ESL skills.

Aw, thanks that's very kind of you! :pb_redface:

And I agree, Ms Palin is very difficult to follow. Her accent isn't one I'm used to. So while first trying to understand the words she is actually saying, I then tend to get lost in the maze of her thoughts. But I suspect that everyone, including herself, gets lost in the maze of her thoughts. :)

1 hour ago, samurai_sarah said:

Aw, thanks that's very kind of you! :pb_redface:

And I agree, Ms Palin is very difficult to follow. Her accent isn't one I'm used to. So while first trying to understand the words she is actually saying, I then tend to get lost in the maze of her thoughts. But I suspect that everyone, including herself, gets lost in the maze of her thoughts. :)

That's because it's made up by Sarah Palin. 

1 minute ago, Maggie Mae said:

That's because it's made up by Sarah Palin. 

That explains quite a lot!

On 1/31/2016 at 10:35 AM, Mecca said:

Oh look, another interview where Palin gets mad when someone questions what she says. She is always blaming the media for her troubles while always running to the media to keep her name out there.

This! 

I came here with words from Bill Maher's show this week. He refers to Palin, Chris Christie and Ben Carson in order - Catty, Fatty, and Batty. Love it.

Interesting that Palin is totally irrelevant to this election cycle.  She was serious red meat for the masses then; now Trump is totally dominating that slot. 

I went to see Eye in the Sky yesterday (phenomenal film BTW) and one of the trailers was for something called Climate Hustle, which I take it is a film followed by a panel discussion moderated by none other than the Wicked Witch of the North, Sarah Palin. I can only imagine… My eyes rolled so far back into my head I almost couldn't watch the feature. 

• 2 weeks later...

Little snit in the twitter-verse twixt Palin and rapper Azealia Banks.  I stumbled across this and was so enchanted and intrigued to read an article with an italicized warning/disclaimer at the very beginning: This article contains truly tasteless content.

The Banks-Palin imbroglio apparently began when a satirical article presented Palin’s alleged view of slavery on March 31: “Even The French Understand That Slavery Wasn’t Our Fault, Because The Negroes Liked It.”

“I’m going to say it once again loudly and clearly: Negroes loved being slaves and they were doing just fine under our rules,” Palin definitely did not say in real life. “So, you see, you can’t really blame us for any of it, not legitimately.”

Banks, however, appeared to take the article at face value. What followed was a stream of graphic tweets on Sunday — many since deleted, but preserved by the ever-watchful right-wing Media Research Center and Breitbart — that suggested Palin engage in variety of sex acts with black men.

Sarah wrote some truly gracious/rational stuff, which makes me think that a ghost writer probably penned most or all of it, but maybe not, since the somewhat conciliatory remarks are followed immediately by veiled insults to Ms. Banks' music and a threat of a lawsuit.  

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/morning-mix/wp/2016/04/06/this-sarah-palin-azealia-banks-twitter-feud-is-almost-too-obscene-to-write-about/?tid=hybrid_experimentrandom_1_na

• 3 months later...

Archived