IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 16

Coconut Flan

7 minutes ago, HarleyQuinn said:

Kind of a non story. The Duggars see themselves above their family members and only allow a few on their show. An adopted cousin won't bother them any. They'll "pray for them" if they even know or care about the person in the firsr place.

They couldn't even muster the energy to adequately and appropriately deal with their own son when he was molesting his own sisters, as well as a friend.

NOTHING should bother them.

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Do any of those little girls look happy? I didn't see one smile in any of the photos. Only creepy, I'm not gonna go there, looks on the faces of the fathers. I have no words for the faces of the girls.

36 minutes ago, ksgranola1 said:

Check this out. It was on my FB page.

http://winningdemocrats.com/these-13-pictures-demonstrate-the-skin-crawling-creepiness-of-christian-purity-balls-images/

I guess we're not the only ones who find this creepy.

That's so disgusting.  I can understand loving and protecting a daughter, but this just crosses the line into something way more disturbing.

Some of the girls were showing shoulders and knees. Nike. But the one that really bothered me, well they all did, was the two little girls, who are too young to understand anything that's happening.

So creepy on many levels. The girls look "dead" in the eyes. No joy there. No life there. The life has been beaten or threatened out of them. The men....just gross. Those aren't your belonging to pawn and lust over. Ewwwwwwwwwww:my_sick:

11 hours ago, ksgranola1 said:

Check this out. It was on my FB page.

http://winningdemocrats.com/these-13-pictures-demonstrate-the-skin-crawling-creepiness-of-christian-purity-balls-images/

I guess we're not the only ones who find this creepy.

Those photos are actually legitimately disgusting... There's something so sexual and possessive about it. I was actually given a ring that served more as a promise to "save myself" and be responsible now that I'd become a woman (I was 15 at the time) and I still don't know how I feel about it. It's a beautiful diamond ring and my mother didn't force me to promise anything other than I'd be responsible for what I did and who I went with. But the purpose of the "purity ring" was still there and seeing things like this skeeves me out.

And some of these girls are so young ugh.... why are they polluting their minds this way??!

1 hour ago, sisterwives said:

And some of these girls are so young ugh.... why are they polluting their minds this way??!

Because Jesus

Those pictures are horrifying. Looking at them has upset me more than I was expecting. :pb_cry: Those poor sad girls with their resigned eyes. And their creepy fathers. Makes me shudder.

My father hasn't held me or kissed me like that since I was a little girl. I showed tose pics to him, and said that kind of physical contact is beyond inappropriate.

Why why why why why can't these people find the middle ground between these photos and Duggars side hugs?  Why is it everything-or-nothing?

if I hadn't known what these were, I would have thought they were all couples.  And yes, every one of these poor girls looks a little dead inside.  They make me feel so sad for them.

The pedobear meme instantly came to mind with those photos. They're gross and highly inappropriate. 

6 hours ago, sisterwives said:

Because you are never too young to learn that the most important thing about you as a female is your intact hymen.  Sure mom and dad will tell you that they want you to be happy, that they are proud of you for being so smart, or that you are such a pretty girl, but you don't get a ring and a ceremony for being happy or smart or pretty. No, your most important job in life is to guard that hymen until daddy gives you to a man.  Then your husband will own you.  At least you won't have to worry about keeping your hymen intact after that.

Why not take the whole thing one step further and frame the bloody bed sheet?   Hang that up in the living room next to the wedding picture?    

Back in medieval times they even had witnesses to the marriage consummation or the maid would bring the bloody bed sheet out to show off.    

Fun fact: The hymen is actually a myth, and does not exist. It might be one of the most prevalent and stubborn myths though, since almost everyone belives in it, including the majority of health workers. 

Those pictures freak me out. 

4 minutes ago, Thorns said:

Fun fact: The hymen is actually a myth, and does not exist. It might be one of the most prevalent and stubborn myths though, since almost everyone belives in it, including the majority of health workers. 

Those pictures freak me out. 

I take it you mean that whether or not the "hymen" is intact is not a reliable sign of virginity or sexual activity.   Whatever you call the membrane many (if not most) women are born with a membrane at the opening of the vagina.  There are different types of hymen, not all women bleed when they first have sex, etc.. But the "hymen" exists.  The experiences of countless women, including myself, cannot be dismissed as a "myth."

I do, however, agree that there is far too much attention paid to a tiny sliver of webbing and that there are a lot of myths surrounding the "deflowering" of virgins an that the whole "purity" ideal is nonsense.

There is in fact, a hymen. Mine wouldn't brake. I had to go to the O.R. & have it ruptured. Sheesh.

Hymens are real! What's mythological is the idea that they're always destroyed in a gory mess the first time you do sex. The hymen is very flexible and stretchy, so in many cases, it's not harmed at all during intercourse. Sometimes it does get injured, though. It's different for everyone!

10 hours ago, MoonFace said:

Why not take the whole thing one step further and frame the bloody bed sheet?   Hang that up in the living room next to the wedding picture?    

Back in medieval times they even had witnesses to the marriage consummation or the maid would bring the bloody bed sheet out to show off.    

I witnessed a crowd gathered in a town square all holding bottles of champagne... Being a curious alcoholic, i waited around to see what party was going down... then someone put bloody bedsheets over a balcony and everyone cheered and popped champagne. this was a rural town in the southern part of Italy.... in September 1999... 

I didn't realize this but I had successfully buried the memory of seeing those purity ball images somewhere deep in a nook of my weird brain a year or two ago, so thanks for bringing this back to the forefront of my noggin... :brainbleach:

Disturbing for sure. I think it's so weird when adults (fathers at that) are so invested in their daughters' bodies and love lives. It's one thing to care about your kid but come ON! (this includes JBoob). And not to mention the fact that some of this children in that article look like they're no older than 6 years old as some of you have already mentioned. :my_confused:

10 hours ago, EmCatlyn said:

I take it you mean that whether or not the "hymen" is intact is not a reliable sign of virginity or sexual activity.   Whatever you call the membrane many (if not most) women are born with a membrane at the opening of the vagina.  There are different types of hymen, not all women bleed when they first have sex, etc.. But the "hymen" exists.  The experiences of countless women, including myself, cannot be dismissed as a "myth."

I do, however, agree that there is far too much attention paid to a tiny sliver of webbing and that there are a lot of myths surrounding the "deflowering" of virgins an that the whole "purity" ideal is nonsense.

The inflexible hymen that covers everything is extremely rare, 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Imperforate_hymen

The normal version is a membrane that is more-or-less there; and your wording of tiny sliver of webbing is much more accurate description than the common misconception of a rigid membrane

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hymen#/media/File:Hymen_en.svg

There was actually an article in one of the major norwegian newspapers about the (misconceptions of) hymen; 

http://www.aftenposten.no/fakta/innsikt/Helseeksperter-er-oppgitt-over-manglende-kunnskap-om-kvinnens-underliv-Jomfruhinnen-finnes-ikke-8261672.html

So, slivers of membrane, yes, and a few has a imperforate version, but the "mainstream" hymen as a anatomical structure, no. 

Yes, as an anatomical structure. I'm an OB/GYN nurse. But the bloodbath they are describing, no. Just a few streaks.

9 hours ago, InThePrayerCloset said:

curious alcoholic

I love that...I'm gonna use that in future conversations if that's okay :tw_grin:

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived