IGNORED

Duggars by the Dozen - General Discussion Part 16

Coconut Flan

11 hours ago, albireo said:

She's wearing leggings under a skirt, I think. The handle of the stroller is deceptive because it's in the way of her leg. You can also see where her skirt flares out against the stair behind her.

Phew! In the morning with fresh eyes it is much easier to make that out. It makes a lot more sense now. 

• Replies 537
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anna really looks more and more radiant the longer Josh is away. If she thrives so much more under JB and DQ rule, how bad was life with Joshley? I know it's a terrible time in her life, but she also seems to be doing remarkably well.

Poor Johanna. That outfit just can't hold up to DC winter winds.

2 hours ago, nst said:

he apparently is married according to his intagram of 20 weeks ago ? and he is now creepy imo 

OK, I just looked at his Instagram and he does seem to have a wife so Jana is safe.  He has so many posts hanging out with friends that I thought he was single.  Apparently also has a teenage daughter or two.

49 minutes ago, GeoBQn said:

"Protect Life" . . . but not from child molesters.

Those people don't give a single shit about a fetus once it exits the womb.

4 hours ago, Valerie3kids said:

I agree it doesn't look like she is using the wrap properly, but it isn't the first time we have seen this happen in that family. They seem to be so pea pickin clueless when it comes to safety especially with their precious gifts aka children

Mechelle needs to cut her hair. It makes her look very haggard and tired. She has no reason to be tired as we can't figure out what she does all day. Jim Bob needs a decent haircut so he can stop looking a lot like Howdy Doodie.

Ben needs to lose the bow tie. I am so full of glee that he is getting some back lash over his rambling sermons. So he is quoting people but has no idea who or where it came from? That adds to how stupid he makes himself look. He doesn't seem to be dealing well with any questions to his "authority" and the garbage he spouts.

Michelle needs to get a weedwacker to her hair.  She looks older because the lies and stress finally caught up with her. 

Ben has become a full on in the mud.  I am so glad people are not taking him seriously - he posts such insane and silly things and thinks that is preaching.  

5 hours ago, Valerie3kids said:

I agree it doesn't look like she is using the wrap properly, but it isn't the first time we have seen this happen in that family. They seem to be so pea pickin clueless when it comes to safety especially with their precious gifts aka children.

She's wearing Spud too low but at least his head is out and she's not smothering him. Yay, progress? 

4 hours ago, missegeno said:

Poor Johanna. That outfit just can't hold up to DC winter winds.

Caption says they're in Little Rock, not DC. 

long time lurker, newbie member here. Been lurking for years and years and finally bit the bullet. Can't resist urge to snark. Bear with me while I learn the ropes. 

13 hours ago, homeschoolmomma1 said:

I bet they were mad that they went to a Pro-Life event and were not interviewed

I'm with you on that one. I've believed for a very long time that at least for JB & DQ, their faith is 50% belief, 50% appearances. Actually, scratch that. 20% belief, 80% appearances. Nothing to make you feel more godly than forcing people to listen and condemning them until they fall under your influence. Oh. Sorry. Did I say influence? I meant 'rule'. Oops. 

17 hours ago, GeoBQn said:

I really wish while posing for a photograph that someone would sneak up behind Boob and Mullet with this written on a sign. That would go viral instantly. 

On ‎1‎/‎18‎/‎2016 at 5:24 PM, GeoBQn said:

This is why they are not getting interviews and they are too dense to realize it. You know JB was all coifed up with hairspray and smiley for the cameras and had no clue why they were not descending upon him like flies. He probably blamed it on Mechelle and her tubes no longer working so no pregnancy to share. Mechelle even was special enough to take photos with children of different races. I know they feel that will "fix" a lot of wrong perceptions people have about them. "WE Love people of all kinds" barf

22 hours ago, Valerie3kids said:

Mechelle even was special enough to take photos with children of different races. I know they feel that will "fix" a lot of wrong perceptions people have about them. "WE Love people of all kinds" barf

"We love everyone as long as you're not Gay, Bisexual, Transgender, Gender Fluid (would they even KNOW what that is?), Intersex, Catholic or against the Gothard Cult".

Haha at the fact they got no interviews. Mud sticks Duggars! 

The Duggar family official fb posted about Joseph's birthday today. They said he completed a year at Clown and is now home doing work for the construction business. He's apparently going for his real estate license. So I guess no more college for him....just a taste if it is enough.

BTW, happy birthday Joe.

2 minutes ago, Bugaboo said:

The Duggar family official fb posted about Joseph's birthday today. They said he completed a year at Clown and is now home doing work for the construction business. He's apparently going for his real estate license. So I guess no more college for him....just a taste if it is enough.

BTW, happy birthday Joe.

Perhaps Clown was just an excuse to get away for a bit and experience something - anything - other than Duggarville. That, and he had to figure out which Bates girl to 'get to know'.

On Monday, January 18, 2016 at 10:41 AM, Valerie3kids said:

Bow ties are cool. I said that to a young man in church yesterday, bit I don't think he gotthe reference.

Don't know where the above came from. I posted in reference to something else and can't delete it.

Anyway, a year at an unaccredited college is such a wise use of money. Maybe SOTDRT wasn't enough for even Clown college.

4 hours ago, Front Hugging Fiend said:

Perhaps Clown was just an excuse to get away for a bit and experience something - anything - other than Duggarville. That, and he had to figure out which Bates girl to 'get to know'.

It was a smart way to "court/date" a Bates girl without the media finding out. There was the excuse of being around so much because of his college classes.

However I always thought it was weird how they never said what Joe was majoring in or what he was studying. It's like Clown College was a hobby for him. And to just give up and quit?! I never quit anything. It would haunt me to start college then never finish. I guess without a real degree he can use to find a better paying job the classes are a waste of money. He at least got some different views and opinions of how one can live in the world.      

I'm a little sad to hear he quit. He always seemed to enjoy actually studying the Bible more than the rest of his family. I was hoping that could lead him into a love of history or languages. *Sigh,* so optimistic...

But at the same time, I'm not surprised. When your family puts no emphasis on the importance of a university degree, and you don't have the strongest community outside of your family, how do you cope with the occasional homesickness and stress that comes with college?

I know people manage, but still. I can't see JB and Me-Chelle pep-talking Joe through a tough finals week.

Whn he first went to Clown, TLC was still around. I think it was for the story line and an FU to the snarkers. Clown is expensive, so I can't see JB shelling out the money. Maybe he was homesick, or Clown was even more restrictive than home. I still think SOTDRT did not prepare him for even a fake college.

14 hours ago, Bad Wolf said:

Bow ties are cool. I said that to a young man in church yesterday, bit I don't think he gotthe reference.

[snip]

Nobody I know watches Doctor Who, so nobody gets my references.

When I told my dad that if he names the new puppy "Mister Tibbs", it has to be "Mister" all spelled out (not "Mr.") "just like Doctor Who is never Dr." he thought I was nuts.

On 18/01/2016 at 6:14 PM, twinmama said:

Those people don't give a single shit about a fetus once it exits the womb.

I've been laughing at this expression for two days. Every time I remember it. So thank you!

And no, they don't. Once it exits the womb it has thoughts, beliefs, and feelings all its own, and those are dangerous and must be discouraged at all costs.

2 hours ago, just...sare said:

I've been laughing at this expression for two days. Every time I remember it. So thank you!

And no, they don't. Once it exits the womb it has thoughts, beliefs, and feelings all its own, and those are dangerous and must be discouraged at all costs.

You're welcome. I'm super classy, as you can tell :) 

17 minutes ago, GeoBQn said:

Pickles claims that Joe was there for a one-year certificate program.  Sounds totally useful.

thecrowncollege.com/academics/christian-life-certificate/

Oh god. I need to fake being a Christian because those people will totally pay for ANYTHING if you say it's Christian. What a useless piece of crap certificate. Thank god a Duggar took a class on how to live a Christian life, because how the fuck else would he have learned.

• Coconut Flan locked and unpinned this topic

Archived