IGNORED

2016 Resolvers: Fitness Support

FundieFarmer

I haven't said much in this thread, because I'm not working out and I gained a pound. Which is fine; I'm not really dieting, I just want to eat healthier and move around more in general. But Satan built a fortress around my heart, and there's fudge in the fortress with me. I knew it was a problem when I caught myself looking for sugar free/low carb fudge ingredients instead of just eating less fudge. :pb_lol: I'll get tired of fudge eventually, lol!

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Y'all are all doing great! I am traveling until the beginning of April and won't have access to a scale, which is probably for the best. So I'm just focused on upping my steps, which is going pretty well so far. I'm also snacking less because, again, traveling. Trying to eat decently but not logging, which would be impossible anyway. 

But you are whipping all our asses on Fitbit so you are doing something right withaj!

Thankfully for my waistline, I don't like fudge. The fortress that Satan builds in my heart contains Doritos. Delicious delicious Doritos.

32 minutes ago, Destiny said:

But you are whipping all our asses on Fitbit so you are doing something right withaj!

Thankfully for my waistline, I don't like fudge. The fortress that Satan builds in my heart contains Doritos. Delicious delicious Doritos.

@withaj and I have been dancing -- she keeps passing me, then I pass her, then she passes me, then I pass her.  t first we were pretty evenly matched and passed each other a few times each day.  Last couple of days she's got me solidly beat.  So if she's about to up her game, I feel morally obligated to do the same :my_biggrin: -- I'm sure both of us have our eye on @19catsandcounting who is waaaaay up ahead in the distance.  The rabbit to our greyhound, as it were, perhaps.  I can only dream of catching her!  #IrefusetomentiondessertslalalalaIcanthearyou 

Things that are shitty: the missing voice I woke up with has escalated to cough and a fever. Doesn't my stupid body understand I have a Fitbit challenge to do well in?

1 hour ago, Destiny said:

Things that are shitty: the missing voice I woke up with has escalated to cough and a fever. Doesn't my stupid body understand I have a Fitbit challenge to do well in?

I had a scratchy, almost-sore throat last night.  The fact that it seems OK today is not proof that I dodged a cold; I have plenty of examples where it took a few days but the cold did eventually bloom.  And several people in town have mentioned having a cold.  Oh yeah, and working at a library is not a good way to avoid germs.   I take my medicinal herbs and cross my fingers; guess that's all I can do at this point.  Oh yeah, and lots of garlic.  LOTS.  Y'all will be glad this is a virtual reality challenge instead of us being just one lane over from each other on the track.  Even so, you might be able to smell me from there :P 

I hate to tell you all, but I'm going to become a legitimate threat tonight. My kid has extra soccer tonight (to make up for no practice on Monday), so I have 2.5 hours to walk around the track while she scrimmages. 

The fort that Satan built around my heart contains salty snacks of all persuasions, but most especially Kettle Brand Backyard BBQ Chips and chocolate covered pretzels.

I started out this week being really good, tracking all my calories on MyFitnessPal, and trying to listen to my little VivoFit when it decides I've been sitting too long at work...and then I threw out my back yesterday. So maybe in the next week or two, I'll actually make progress? :my_cool:

A facebook friend has been posting about something called Plexus. Do any of you know anything about this? (I'm totally not trying to sell it for her or myself! Just curious if it's one of those pyramid-y things, or if it actually works?)

Plexus is one of those drink based diet plans. It's in the same boat as Shakeology, Isagenix, Herbalife, etc. They're all MLMs. They work for some people. Hell, my own husband buys into the Herbalife stuff (his gym is big into it). They're over-priced.

UGH. My stupid Fitbit didn't charge last night, and now I'm on red. DAMN IT.

@keen23, if you have a smartphone, you can use the app to track your steps! 

I didn't plan ahead what I'd eat for lunch and got so hungry I got nauseated, so now I'm snacking on chips. Fail.

Seriously, there's no need to buy any of the diet drink plans. If you want to sub a drink for a meal, just buy some protein powder at the drug store. Buy something where one scoop has 20-25 grams protein and 7 or fewer grams of carbs. Mix in skim or almond milk and call it good. I do this for breakfast at least a couple times a week. This is much cheaper than any of the MLM products and works just as well.

30 minutes ago, Crocoduck said:

Seriously, there's no need to buy any of the diet drink plans. If you want to sub a drink for a meal, just buy some protein powder at the drug store. Buy something where one scoop has 20-25 grams protein and 7 or fewer grams of carbs. Mix in skim or almond milk and call it good. I do this for breakfast at least a couple times a week. This is much cheaper than any of the MLM products and works just as well.

i may try this once i really start on the fitness trail. sometimes i really just am not hungry at all until i am...and then i'm voraciously hungry and eat everything in sight!

i'm obviously trying to eat as well as possible while pregnant, but exercise is really, really, really hard to do right now. i LOVE to walk and recently moved to a great little suburb area where walking is an ideal exercise, but right now i just have zero energy to do ANYTHING. even yesterday, i kept getting occasional fits of slight dizziness/exhaustion (i think my bp drops a little sometimes, it's been doing that since i got pregnant) and when that was happening all i could do was just lie down. i'm hoping this goes away after delivery, because walking is awesome for me.

i want to get into good eating and exercising habits now so that later, when jellybean becomes more aware of things, i can set a good example for him. i don't want him to struggle with eating issues like i have.

I got roped into shakeology, so I have a giant one of those. Then, I have a muscle milk light, and that one is better nutritionally. Does anybody have other recommendations for once those are used up?

Vega! Vega protein powder is amazing! I've been drinking it for years! I love the nutritional value and so does my dietitian! I'm not trying to lose, but the great thing is that you can use it however you want! I love it! :)  

2 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

I got roped into shakeology, so I have a giant one of those. Then, I have a muscle milk light, and that one is better nutritionally. Does anybody have other recommendations for once those are used up?

I have to give it to Shakeology, their shakes actually taste pretty good. Not good enough to continue buying, but good.

@FundieFarmer

There's a thread with more ideas on protein powder in Food Related Hobbies. :) 

Also, Vega sells individual packets of each flavor, so you can try it before you buy a larger size. It's possible the others do, too. I've had Shakeology, and I think they're both tasty. 

I weighed in at the doc this week and it was a little higher than expected, but I had shoes and a hoodie on. Still I was nervous to weigh in this morning under my usual circumstances (first thing in the morning, minimal clothing, etc). I'm down 1.5 lbs, which is nice. 

On 1/21/2016 at 10:40 AM, FundieFarmer said:

I only ever tried Body Fortress Whey Protein, because it was the cheapest one at Walmart, but it tastes fine imo (though I don't have anything to compare it to). I just checked and it has 30g protein and 8g carbs.

On 1/20/2016 at 5:02 PM, Destiny said:

By the way, if anyone is wondering about mister destiny, he is down a whopping 21 lbs since Thursday.

Seriously? You're joking, right?

I haven't exercised in a week. My knees have been killing me and I'm supposed to take it easy when my joints hurt too much. Ugh. And the last couple days I've been having stomach troubles. So yeah...not a good week for me. 

The only positive is that I've been good about logging my food the last few days.

59 minutes ago, ClaraOswin said:

Seriously? You're joking, right?

I haven't exercised in a week. My knees have been killing me and I'm supposed to take it easy when my joints hurt too much. Ugh. And the last couple days I've been having stomach troubles. So yeah...not a good week for me. 

The only positive is that I've been good about logging my food the last few days.

I don't know how much Mr. Destiny weighs, but it sounds like he may be substantially overweight. 20+ pounds does seem like an alarming amount to lose in a week, but that kind of number isn't crazy for a heavier sedentary person who starts a serious diet/exercise plan. They obviously can't sustain those same kind of numbers week after week, but the large numbers out of the gate aren't unusual. (I think the Biggest Loser is a horrible example of healthy weight loss in most ways, but those big initial numbers definitely show up in the first weeks there).

Wow. That's awesome then! I just thought maybe she was being sarcastic since it always seems like men lose weight so much easier than women..haha.

1 hour ago, withaj said:

I don't know how much Mr. Destiny weighs, but it sounds like he may be substantially overweight. 20+ pounds does seem like an alarming amount to lose in a week, but that kind of number isn't crazy for a heavier sedentary person who starts a serious diet/exercise plan. They obviously can't sustain those same kind of numbers week after week, but the large numbers out of the gate aren't unusual. (I think the Biggest Loser is a horrible example of healthy weight loss in most ways, but those big initial numbers definitely show up in the first weeks there).

All of this. Mister Destiny has in excess of 200 lbs to lose, so this is NOT abnormal at all. (It is, however, frustrating as actual fuck to see when I only had 20 to lose.)

It won't stay like this going forward.

1 hour ago, ClaraOswin said:

Wow. That's awesome then! I just thought maybe she was being sarcastic since it always seems like men lose weight so much easier than women..haha.

God, I wish. If I weren't so happy that he is finally serious about losing weight, I would be hating on him so freeking much.

@Destiny consider the weight losses on an economies of scale basis. He lost 10% of what he needs to lose (still, a BIG number, and congrats to him!). A 2 lb loss for you would be the exact same thing!

Beer counts as a viable dinner option right?...

@Destiny consider the weight losses on an economies of scale basis. He lost 10% of what he needs to lose (still, a BIG number, and congrats to him!). A 2 lb loss for you would be the exact same thing!

Beer counts as a viable dinner option right?...

Intellectually I know that. I would still like to smother him in his sleep though! (I kid, I seriously am proud.)

Beer is only a dinner option if wine is. It's even low carb, amirite?

Down 2 lbs this week despite mediocre eating habits and impending period. Getting back into a regular gym routine of at least three days a week is really helping. 

• FundieFarmer locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived