IGNORED

2016 Resolvers: Fitness Support

FundieFarmer

Go you Meda! Yay! I'm so happy for you.

I only went two days last week. Hopefully this cold will let up so I can get back to it.

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Last week was a bit of a fail. I only completed 3 workouts and some seriously bad weather - deluges, gales and even tornadoes! - kept me inside. Also, there was that bag of potato chips, and the brownies and the banana bread...

Time to clean the slate.

Last Week's Recap: 

3 hours and 51 minutes of tracked "training." This is down from the 4 hours and 21 minutes of the previous week. I only swam twice. My long run on Saturday was not great. I love running with the "group" but I do not actually love it when my friends stick with me. I guess I like the energy of the group but dislike having to concentrate on running and talking. Sometimes it's great and I get distracted and we motivate each other, but this Saturday was the opposite. I felt slower than normal, and we sort of reinforced bad behavior. Did not get on the bike. Again. If I'm going to be ready by April, I need to get some serious miles in. Swimming was better, I got moved up a lane. My 'run performance score' moved up a couple of points as well. 

Diet was a mess, but I'm getting better at meal timing. I know that I CAN NOT eat full heavy meals on run days. And I NEED to get better at drinking enough water. My skin is SO dry. 

my daughter is selling Girl Scout cookies and that's been tempting! I won't haven't any and the plus side is we are out walking everyday to sell them. Last year I ate so many boxes. 

I went over my calories today for the first time this month but still ate nutrient dense food. I felt I needed it. Plus I am pmsing. 

Went to the gym yesterday for the first time in years. My dad spent two hours with me going through all the weight machines. I'm super sore today :( 

my newest goal is to lose 15 lbs in five weeks for my birthday. 

So so far I am down 21 lbs since the beginning of December. 

I think the worst thing is how some people don't notice. Then I'll feel insecure. I need a lot of reassurance lol 

you guys are doing great!

My swim workout kicked my ass yesterday.  And my speed workout kicked my ass today.

But I guess that's a good thing because those are the workouts that make you better.

On 1/11/2016 at 1:43 PM, Whoosh said:

Okey dokey artichokie - y'all have gotten off to a 4 page start in about a week!  I have some health issues going on that are - health issues that impact my weight and diet and ability to move.  Without a ton of detail, I have a medical team working with me and am tracking everything out the wazoo.  I took a planned break for the christmas holiday, but am back at it today.  I am unsure what to set as a goal, as - nevermind.  Basically, I am unsure what all I want to share on the interwebs, but I have abandoned sparkpeople for MFP and friended a bunch of all y'all.  I have also started carrying both of my hand me down fit bits and have friended y'all on one account.  

My health goes up and down, so that is just a thing.  I am always a good cheerleader!

I much prefer sparkpeople... I don't like the MFP thing where you only get extra food if you work out that day.... I prefer it averaged over the week.

I'm on day 19 of the Whole 30 and with little to no exercise, I am down a solid 6 lbs. I'm starting 1x a week zumba next week and will ramp my workouts back up as well, since the 30 days is almost up, plus count cals and log into sparkpeople again.

I managed not to be a total piggie during the snow storm and still ate a lot of vegetables and other nutrient dense food. 

Also, finally skated on my new ice skates and they are so much better than the cheap rentals. It's not just hype, I'm like a different skater out there. 

I hope to get in two good strength workouts and another cardio workout in this week. I'd go swimming but last week it was a nightmare with four people per lane. Stupid New Year's resolutioners,..

Snow here, so I need to reassess my 20 miler scheduled for today.  It's not worth running in slippery slush and getting hurt, so I think I'm going to take it inside.  We've got a great indoor track here, but it's closed until the evening for a track meet today.  So I'm probably going to spend my Saturday evening running 20 miles. :D  It's okay, though.  The StreetFighter V beta is up this weekend, so the boyfriend has plans  this weekend. :)

Oh, also, @nausicaa25, I watched (what I'm assuming is) your namesake movie last night for the first time.  Very good!  

I made real food today! And I am super motivated to kick ass in the Fitbit challenges I'm in so that's helping :)

Happy Saturday, friends!!!

On 1/30/2016 at 11:20 AM, Firiel said:

Snow here, so I need to reassess my 20 miler scheduled for today.  It's not worth running in slippery slush and getting hurt, so I think I'm going to take it inside.  We've got a great indoor track here, but it's closed until the evening for a track meet today.  So I'm probably going to spend my Saturday evening running 20 miles. :D  It's okay, though.  The StreetFighter V beta is up this weekend, so the boyfriend has plans  this weekend. :)

Oh, also, @nausicaa25, I watched (what I'm assuming is) your namesake movie last night for the first time.  Very good!  

Hehe. I actually have never seen that movie. I don't know anything about anime, and didn't even know it was an anime movie until people started referencing it to me. 

I just really like that character in The Odyssey:pb_redface:

69 days until my event. I logged 4 hours last week, all running and swimming. I didn't log my spin class or weight training. 10K time was SLOW. Diet was much better. Weekends are always difficult. I also missed my Thursday night group because I went home from work sick and 

I planned my race calendar for the next year. So that means $$$. So annoying. 

This morning I laid in bed ant contemplated that eternal first world question: Does thinking about going to the gym burn calories? Unlike most of our fundies, I concluded that faith alone was not enough and backed it up with some works. It was not a pretty workout, but it happened. :)

My goal for this week: Two - Three strength workouts (Monday Wednesday Friday), Three Swims (easy because group meets T/Th/F), Five Runs (M/T/W/Th/S), and three bike/spin class. (M/W/Sun). I'll let you know how it goes. 

I wish I were ballsy enough to open up a gofundme and grift for some race fees and bike parts. (fitbit, studded tires, better trainer) 

44 minutes ago, meda said:

This morning I laid in bed ant contemplated that eternal first world question: Does thinking about going to the gym burn calories? Unlike most of our fundies, I concluded that faith alone was not enough and backed it up with some works. It was not a pretty workout, but it happened. :)

Ooh, If it did, I would be in the world's best shape. (Spoiler: I'm not.) Good for you!

I went to the grocery store and made real food this weekend. Unfortunately some part of it didn't agree with me (or I'm getting the stomach flu) as I've been rather nauseated all day, but you win some, you lose some! I did pretty well in our fitbit challenge, but I was up against my NYC friends in another and got blasted! I am off to OTF tonight and I'm putting my unlimited membership to good use with a friend. Overall, the working out part is going better than the eating well part. I did get to purge a lot of the too-big clothes I had this weekend, so that was a fun step! The scale isn't reflecting that though, which is discouraging. But I've made it to every OTF I've scheduled and my butt is starting to feel firmer and I'm proud of myself for that!

My goal is to drop a size this month, so I need to get on that. Abs are made in the kitchen! Healthy eating here I come! 

First, congrats to all of you who are killing it! Running 20 miles on a Saturday night, pulling yourselves out of bed and not succumbing to "faith alone" to get you fit. You are awesome.

I am not awesome. I did get 3 workouts in, but my intake included way too much alcohol, restaurant food and television last week. I was hoping for a less busy week to get reset, but it appears our boat got hit by lightning and that's going to mean a lot of work and consoling my poor husband, who totally freaks out whenever something goes wrong with the boat!

Crocoduck, wanna be my person to be more aware of our diets? Not be perfect, but just more aware? Totally understand if you'd rather pass :)

14 hours ago, FundieFarmer said:

Crocoduck, wanna be my person to be more aware of our diets? Not be perfect, but just more aware? Totally understand if you'd rather pass :)

Hmm. What do you propose? I don't use MFP or anything like that.

Also, small kudos to me. I drank unsweetened ice tea at happy hour and made fresh mahi tacos for dinner!

I've been feeling super unmotivated the last few days because my car got stolen and I'm upset by that.  But I've still managed to get my necessary workouts in.  I took one extra rest day the day it happened because I didn't have a bike (bike was in my car. :( ), but I still got up to swim yesterday and got to work early today to run.

1 hour ago, Firiel said:

I've been feeling super unmotivated the last few days because my car got stolen and I'm upset by that.  But I've still managed to get my necessary workouts in.  I took one extra rest day the day it happened because I didn't have a bike (bike was in my car. :( ), but I still got up to swim yesterday and got to work early today to run.

I'm so sorry about your car and bike being stolen. It's amazing you got yourself motivated to swim and run this week!

I've been slacking for a week. Sinus infection/ear infection, on antibiotics. Comfort eating. I don't even want to get on the scale. But, tonight I return to yoga classes!

I have been crazy sick, like I can barely get out of bed level of sick. Today is the first day that I've felt remotely human. I'm going to continue to take it easy this week and hopefully be back to kicking ass next week. I've been fighting this for 6 weeks and just don't want to relapse again.

Slacking here too - Bebe started daycare this week and Mr AJD works super late shifts all week so it's been hard to get out. On the plus side, I haven't gained and starting back to work at least means I get my walking commute exercise, if nothing else.

4 hours ago, Destiny said:

I have been crazy sick, like I can barely get out of bed level of sick. Today is the first day that I've felt remotely human. I'm going to continue to take it easy this week and hopefully be back to kicking ass next week. I've been fighting this for 6 weeks and just don't want to relapse again.

I'm hoping I'm finally getting over a 4-week head cold... my snot is finally running clear, which is a big fucking HALLELUJAH since I'm the queen of endless sinus infections. Sounds like you have been more impaired though! Hope today is the first of a string of improving days for you!

OK, I see how this is going -- I thought I was doing pretty damn good because only @19catsandcounting has been consistently ahead of me (among those of you who I have as fitbit friends) and @withaj passes me sometimes but I pass her right back.  But now I see that my respectable ranking is not because of my awesome activity level, but instead because y'all have been laid up sick!  

I guess I better be prepared to bust some butt if I want to keep my place now that y'all are recovering...

On that note, I would like to proudly report that today was the first day since I got my fitbit in late September that I met all the default daily goals -- 10k steps, 5 miles, 30 active minutes, 10 floors climbed, and 2199 calories burned.  It wasn't my highest accomplishment for any of those measure individually, and there was one day when I met all of them except I only had 29 active minutes (if I had known, I would have done one minute of jumping jacks before bed, or something!).  But today I did it -- once I saw how close I was, I had to walk around the house for .28 mile, but it was worth it!

Anyway, ok, bring it on, all you illness-recoverers!  I'm ready!  (maybe)

• FundieFarmer locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived