IGNORED

2016 Resolvers: Fitness Support

FundieFarmer

Weight Watchers and sports are the only things that have ever made a difference for me. I was a little chubby at 13,14 so my mom allowed me to diet, but only if I'd do it with WW. WW made sure I was eating enough nutritious food and get a sense of what is healthy. I lost a few pounds back then, which really improved my body image and I was able to keep my weight till the Freshman 15. 

I am convinced that by eating lots of veggies, fruit and non-processed food and avoiding HFCS and excessive amounts of fat and sugar as well as implementing regular activity (as easy as using the stairs instead of elevator, etc.) and fun sports (I love Zumba) into one's daily life, body weight can be reduced slowly but surely. 

• Replies 406
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Congratulations to all of you making progress! It's so motivating.

I'm a little late on this, but I want to join in.  I have an ultimate goal to get into a size 4 (US) over the next few years.  I am currently sitting at size 12 but I am usually a 10 so I need to do something about it now.  I plan to start off with one healthy change at a time.  The first on is a big one, but a good one.  Utilize the free private gym at my work building.  They even have personal trainers there.  I will start there, and start other changes week by week such as increasing activity and focusing on diet and nutrition. I'm going for a lifestyle change.

I really don't want my son to be the kid with the fat mom.  :apple:

@Mela99 I downloaded the app the other day, got registered and as far as I understood it, I have to pay 200€ to make use of it? Do you think it would be worth my hard earned money? I need to get in shape urgently, I need to improve my health. I would absolutely pay for the app if someone can convince me that my money is well spent. 

I've started doing a morning walk and an evening/late afternoon walk.  Sometimes I walk 4 miles in the morning and then 2-ish later with a friend.  Or vice versa.  Today, for the first time, I did four-mile walks for both walks!  I was pretty sedentary the rest of the day, but still!

I'm pushing myself now because my friend's birthday is later this week and I'm not sure if he still wants to do the 12-ish mile walk to celebrate.  I want to be ready if he does.  And if not, well, I'm still trying to lose those 9 pounds -- I think I'm down 1-2 of those but I'm not sure yet (I don't count it until I see it on the scale 2-3 times in a row -- otherwise I consider it a potential bobble)

Anyway, I've been walking so much that I'm pretty sure I'll have some weight loss to report soon! (as long as I can stay away from the extra food)

On 8.8.2016 at 7:16 PM, Mela99 said:

I fell off the wagon a little bit this week with a stop at the Cheesecake Factory... and pizza for dinner one night ... But by some miraculous act I lost half a pound still. My goal for this week is at LEAST 5k steps every single day. I want to build up to 10 but it's so hard with desk jobs...

Ain't that the truth!

I only make about 1.5 to 2k steps in a work day. That includes everything from getting up to when I get home from work in the late afternoon/early evening. It's really freaking hard to make it to 10k steps from there. I wish I was able to walk more during the work day. I have taken up going on walks almost every day after work (I'm up to 7k steps on average over the last month), but it just takes so much time out of my day. And I don't think I can keep it up once winter rolls around, since it'll be dark long before I get home from work. Ughh. I have about 10 pounds that I really, really want to lose.

@Mela99 I downloaded the app the other day, got registered and as far as I understood it, I have to pay 200€ to make use of it? Do you think it would be worth my hard earned money? I need to get in shape urgently, I need to improve my health. I would absolutely pay for the app if someone can convince me that my money is well spent. 

I would. It's worth a try anyway. I've had great success with it. I lost 40 pounds the first time around with it. Hoping to lose the same this time

• FundieFarmer locked this topic
  • choralcrusader8613 unpinned this topic

Archived