IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 3 AKA Amy and Dillon King

Coconut Flan

Oh I agree that sales of the magazine is the top priority. But I would not put it past People and TLC to be in cahoots together and this benefits both companies. I have no idea, but do the ownerships of People and TLC imtermingle anywhere down the line?

• Replies 524
  • Created
  • Last Reply
38 minutes ago, Fascinated said:

I realize this has been stated already, but I simply do not understand why People would put Amy on their cover. I don't know how many people in the world know who she is, presumably everyone who has watched most episodes of 19k&c, but what I can say is how many people I know personally who are aware of her existence. Of course, you all realize that number is zero. Zero. It's a strange choice on their part.

The comments about Amy on the People website are hilarious.  Almost all of them are negative!

I know who her family is, but if she loves them as MUCH as she says she does, don't diss them for $$$.

Edited for tense / grammar

It's been awhile since Jessa Blessa has been called the "Sexiest Duggar Alive." I wonder how she feels about Rebel Amy getting the cover. Even if Dillon grates on my nerves sometimes, at least he owns his own business and isn't beholden on Master of the Universe Jim Boob Duggar... But, that's not saying a lot either.

3 hours ago, withaj said:

Hmm, she says in the comments of the Instagram post with the People cover that they didn't get paid.

If she didn't get paid then it's part of a contract with someone else.  Like TLC says "You will do X TV appearances to promote and X magazine interviews to promote"

13 hours ago, socalrules said:

I am sorry, I cannot get passed the horrible outfit. Does she know it's 2016? I haven't seen denim on denim since the 1990s when I was wearing it. I remember the old days when I looked forward to People Magazine every week. Now it's just garbage. They have to know that an Amy issue isn't going to sell. A Duggar issue isn't going to sell. Most people don't know who any of the Duggars are. I guess TLC is back to grinding the machine for the show to start again. I wonder if they are now going to shown Amy's wedding or bits of it from home video. 

Well hipsters have taken over a lot of fashion trends from previous eras, and some time in the last couple years they've decided to tackle 90s fashion. But not true 90s fashion cause they have to keep holding on to their 20s, 50s, and 70s fashions as well.

I'm surprised she admitted that she wasn't a virgin when she met Dillon, and therefore did not save herself for Jesus and her 'godly' husband. Even more surprising, she was (according to instagram) eating banana cake made by Jana yesterday, and hanging out with Jinger recently. So it seems she is still in the fold. As she should be (her sex life is none of their business) but I thought the Duggars might be judgy enough to be pissed at her for telling the world she isn't 'pure' and keep her away from their kids for being a bad example.

19 minutes ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

I'm surprised she admitted that she wasn't a virgin when she met Dillon, and therefore did not save herself for Jesus and her 'godly' husband. Even more surprising, she was (according to instagram) eating banana cake made by Jana yesterday, and hanging out with Jinger recently. So it seems she is still in the fold. As she should be (her sex life is none of their business) but I thought the Duggars might be judgy enough to be pissed at her for telling the world she isn't 'pure' and keep her away from their kids for being a bad example.

Considering how starved for attention she is, I'm sure she was very subtle about revealing to her extended family that she wasn't a virgin. And by that I mean I wouldn't be surprised if she sang "I Just Had Sex" at the top of her lungs at a family barbecue after she did the deed. If anything, they've probably known for a while and written it off as "oh, that rascally Amy, going around having the sex and wearing the shorts."

And there isn't a thing wrong with choosing not to lose your virginity after marriage, I should add. And I'm pretty happy that if the Duggars knew before that she was a Scarlet Woman (by their standards), they still seem pretty accepting of her and let their older daughters hang out with her. Perhaps they'll outwardly say that Amy's a sinner, but think in their hearts that she manages to live a happy life while not following Jim Bob's rules.

Isn't it funny that all of this has been happening since she's been with Dillon? It's clear as day that he really dislikes the Duggars and he's out for blood while making some $$$ in the mean time.

It's also funny to me that everyone here is so anti-Amy when she's doing all the things we seem to wish the J'slaves would do - speak out, wear pants, go on dates before settling down, drink wine.

Maybe because Amy sort of renouncing them publicly, but again, that's what we want the J'slaves to do, right?

They're unlikely going to ever become pro-choice feminists but even if they take a couple of pages from Amy's book I'd be happy for them.

I think Amy gets so much criticism here because she is a Duggar when it suits her. I sure don't mind her wearing trousers, speaking her mind and doing what she pleases.

Amy is a Duggar when it suits her and drops them like a hot snot whenever that suits her; that's my main beef with her. Family is family, y'all...don't be that person :my_sick:

8 minutes ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

I think Amy gets so much criticism here because she is a Duggar when it suits her. I sure don't mind her wearing trousers, speaking her mind and doing what she pleases.

Yeah, this is what I think too. People tend not to like Amy cause she's a bit of a coat tail-rider/attention seeker, not because she is more mainstream than the Duggars. I think it's good that the Duggar girls have a role model (of sorts) of a girl who loves Jesus and her family but also has a lot more freedom and a more relaxed lifestyle.

1 minute ago, Yes, TOTALLY said:

Yeah, this is what I think too. People tend not to like Amy cause she's a bit of a coat tail-rider/attention seeker, not because she is more mainstream than the Duggars. I think it's good that the Duggar girls have a role model (of sorts) of a girl who loves Jesus and her family but also has a lot more freedom and a more relaxed lifestyle.

I think Amy could be a great role model for these girls, if she'd just stop the attention seeking and trying to make money off her family.

3 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

Isn't it funny that all of this has been happening since she's been with Dillon? It's clear as day that he really dislikes the Duggars and he's out for blood while making some $$$ in the mean time.

It's also funny to me that everyone here is so anti-Amy when she's doing all the things we seem to wish the J'slaves would do - speak out, wear pants, go on dates before settling down, drink wine.

Maybe because Amy sort of renouncing them publicly, but again, that's what we want the J'slaves to do, right?

They're unlikely going to ever become pro-choice feminists but even if they take a couple of pages from Amy's book I'd be happy for them.

and not only that - but in one of videos - their vibe is off - he is skeevy and she again says - he insulted her when they met - i don't like them together.  Clearly she was desperate to get out of her house and get married for the sake of marriage.because I don't think she is in love with him - she may love him as a dude - but they are off   

I'm sure part of People's decision to put her on the cover is that they want people at first glance to see "Rebel Duggar" and assume one of the daughters broke away. 

2 hours ago, IrishCarrie said:

Amy is a Duggar when it suits her and drops them like a hot snot whenever that suits her; that's my main beef with her. Family is family, y'all...don't be that person :my_sick:

Oh, I agree. It seems like this has been amplified since she's been with Dillon... I wonder if it feels like she can do it now because she doesn't have to rely on them because she has a husband... or her headship is pushing it on her and she's opened her eyes, or following him blindly. Interesting in the least.

Sometimes "celebs" will say they "weren't paid" when it's actual cash money that didn't exchange hands, but rather some other benefit was received.  i.e.  Maybe People offered to pay for furniture for Amy's new home or give Dillon some business or advertising...who knows.  I just know that Amy lies like a rug.
Speaking of, she hasn't revealed her tattoo yet, has she?

5 hours ago, actuallyjessica said:

That's not my issue with Amy. My issue with her is how attention seeking she is. I think it's great that she has more liberal views. I do like that about her, that's the only time she comes off as sincere. When she does things like this, you know it's just to get her own name out there.

People Mag must not love her as much as the other Duggars either if they put her on the cover in that horrid outfit that doesn't suit her at all.

1 hour ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Speaking of, she hasn't revealed her tattoo yet, has she?

people magazine tattoo reveal?

I can imagine an instagram post of  "you guys go buy a copy - you'll get to see my new tattoo"

It has seemed that Amy has always been close to the family, regardless of the fact that she is "different". Jim Bob may not like the way she lives her life but she seems to have always been around. He is likely fond of her. His sister had Amy out of wedlock but it doesn't seem like she was ever ostracized. Grandma Mary is obviously close to Amy and Deanna and likely Grandpa was as well. If anything, Grandma and and Amy seems to have a fun relationship. She seems so relaxed with Amy. Deanna and Amy are always in pictures from the past. Deanna was even there when Josie had her seizure so she is likely always around. I have no doubt that Deanna spent a lot of time helping out with the kids when they were younger, just like Grandma Mary. Joy seems to adore Amy and I doubt that would be the case if they didn't spend a lot of time together.  I get the idea that it might be different if it was Michelle's family as I have always had the idea that she pushed her family away. Yet, Jim Bob likely prefers keeping his family close. He may not like the way that Deanna or Amy live their lives but they are Duggars so it is ok. 

Who's going to buy the magazine? Leg humpers and snarkers, maybe, but I don't think the general population knows or cares that much about the Duggars. As someone said, it may be a contract with TLC, but it seems like an odd way to sell magazines.

• samurai_sarah locked this topic

Archived