IGNORED

Star Wars- The Force Awakens - Merge - Here Be Spoilers

keen23

I think Rey is somehow a descendant of Obi-Wan.

And I think Snoke is going to attempt to take Kylo Ren's body as his own. So he can be corporeal again.

I saw the movie over the weekend, and I do think that it's likely that Rey trained with Luke as a child in the new Jedi temple, but was left on that planet for her protection. It's also possible that she's Leia's daughter, and might even be Kylo Ren's twin sister. After all, twins seem to run in the family through Leia's side.

23 hours ago, keen23 said:

I think Rey is somehow a descendant of Obi-Wan.

And I think Snoke is going to attempt to take Kylo Ren's body as his own. So he can be corporeal again.

Wait, did I miss something? Do we know that he isn't corporeal? We've seen holograms throughout Star Wars and they're generally just beaming themselves in from some unknown location (in this case Snoke's mysterious mobile command center that keeps him out of harm's way).

Now someone has taken the time to give us the Star Wars Intro Creator...

http://brorlandi.github.io/StarWarsIntroCreator/

I've been having fun with this, especially the intro to Episode II: The Wrath of Khan.

• 2 weeks later...

I legit cried during this movie. If you've seen it you know where. 

It showed how awesome my urban decay eyeliner was though. Still perfect despite spending the last part of the movie in tears.

Overall pretty good but I felt like it tried to be more a remake than anything else.

9 hours ago, OldFadedStar said:

I legit cried during this movie. If you've seen it you know where. 

It showed how awesome my urban decay eyeliner was though. Still perfect despite spending the last part of the movie in tears.

Overall pretty good but I felt like it tried to be more a remake than anything else.

It was more of a re-boot to the series, than a sequel, for sure. Had to establish the cannon for new viewers.

I cried

Spoiler

When R2D2 came back to life. That was the killer for me.

Cried when...

Spoiler

Han Solo was killed, he's my favorite character :(

Anyway, I think Rey is definitely connected to the Skywalkers somehow.... And i do think she's powerful, after all she wasn't trained.

I thought the movie was pretty good and definitely better than the prequels. I find Rey to be a good character, and really fitting for this movie. 

On January 8, 2016 at 1:37 PM, HermioneSparrow said:

Cried when...

Reveal hidden contents

Anyway, I think Rey is definitely connected to the Skywalkers somehow.... And i do think she's powerful, after all she wasn't trained.

But is was a good death. It was sad, but I'm okay with it.

So here's my theory about Rey. I think that her being Luke or Leia's daughter is too perfect/easy/obvious. But what if they were wrong about Anakin being the Chosen One and its really Rey? 

On December 20, 2015 at 4:49 PM, azombieatemyshoelace said:

I think Rey is Luke's daughter or maybe Han and Leia's but probably Luke's. Apparently, a lot of people believe this. 

Having just seen the movie, I think she is either Luke's daughter or Obi Wan Kanobi's granddaughter.  I agree that it is pretty simplistic if they go in that direction, but the series isn't exactly "deep."  

Spoiler

I was kind of annoyed that the new villain is Leia's son, and after he killed his father, I am going to be seriously upset if the whole thing ends with him having a change of heart and reconciling with Leia, even if he dies afterwards heroically saving her or the galaxy or both.

That being said, I enjoyed it.  It was well done.

On 1/11/2016 at 4:40 AM, EmCatlyn said:

Having just seen the movie, I think she is either Luke's daughter or Obi Wan Kanobi's granddaughter.  

I with you on this conjecture!

I loved it. The first time I cried during it was when John Williams' theme came blasting and the words began to scroll past. I don't cry easily either. And it lived up to my expectations - this type of movie is what I was wanting back when that horrific Episode I came out. 

I'm of the opinion that Rey is a Kenobi, whether related to Luke or not. Either that or she was a random Jedi trainee when she was too young to remember. I think it would fit in so well if she was a Kenobi though.... that's what I'm hoping for. 

1 hour ago, GiggleOfGirls said:

I loved it. The first time I cried during it was when John Williams' theme came blasting and the words began to scroll past. I don't cry easily either. And it lived up to my expectations - this type of movie is what I was wanting back when that horrific Episode I came out. 

I'm of the opinion that Rey is a Kenobi, whether related to Luke or not. Either that or she was a random Jedi trainee when she was too young to remember. I think it would fit in so well if she was a Kenobi though.... that's what I'm hoping for. 

She could be a Kenobi descendant or a Skywalker (through Leia or Luke).  I like the idea that she might be related to Kenobi.  The Skywalker strand produces too many Darths. ;)

She could also, as you say, be totally unrelated--just a random person with the Force.

Whichever it is, I think she has to have had some basic Jedi training as a child.  How else would she have known that she could get the guard to let her go?  She had not seen it done.

I would like to know who trained her as a pilot. She must have had someone who cared for her from the time she was separated from her parents until she is reasonably self-sufficient. (A child alone in a place like that would be enslaved and abused in some way.)

Team Rey Kenobi.  After three viewings, I have myself worked into a frenzy of Ewan McGregor-fueled hope that Rey is somehow Obi-Wan's descendant.  

On 12/29/2015 at 1:43 PM, ADoyle90815 said:

I saw the movie over the weekend, and I do think that it's likely that Rey trained with Luke as a child in the new Jedi temple, but was left on that planet for her protection. It's also possible that she's Leia's daughter, and might even be Kylo Ren's twin sister. After all, twins seem to run in the family through Leia's side.

Kylo is ten years older.  It's in some book.  IDK.  I read it on theforce.net.

I also wonder, given that she knows how to pilot a plane, use a light saber, do mind tricks, etc., if her recollection of being left at a very young age on Jakku was perhaps placed in her mind by someone using the Force in order to protect her?  What if, say, she had actually been hidden elsewhere all along, receiving a Jedi training by someone as a teenager?  Then, her memories were wiped and replaced with vague, false memories of being left on Jakku as a child?  I keep remembering the look Han Solo gave her when she supposedly was seeing a green  planet for the first time, being so in awe of the flora.  He was giving her a side look that implied, "Seriously?  You don't remember all this?"

Been thinking of it off and on and I kind of wish Max Von Sydow had been given more of a substantial role in the film instead of someone who was killed off five minutes after the film started.

I'm of the belief Rey is a Kenobi. The clothes, and the British accent. Obi-Wan was the only other one with a British accent.

Also, I quite literally was ready to pull my hair out and wail over Han Solo. . . 

I'm gonna be totally shallow for a moment and say Kylo Ren wasn't hot enough to be the progeny of Leia and Han.

I hope the movies touch on why Leia appears to never have trained as a Jedi. 

Kylo Ren looks too much like JP from Grandma's Boy (yeah, it was an awful movie, but it's hilarious in places) for me to take seriously.

Adam Driver was on SNL last night so they did an Undercover Boss Kylo Ren skit.

On 12/20/2015 at 2:49 PM, azombieatemyshoelace said:

I think Rey is Luke's daughter or maybe Han and Leia's but probably Luke's. Apparently, a lot of people believe this. 

As we walked out of the theater, I predicted to my son that in some future episode Luke will say to Rey, "I... am your father!"

:5624796376c5f_BattletoadsareAWESUMcool:

Though actually, Leia's hug after Han died seemed very maternal. And she IS a great pilot, so she's probably Han and Leia's.

1 hour ago, livinginthelight said:

As we walked out of the theater, I predicted to my son that in some future episode Luke will say to Rey, "I... am your father!"

:5624796376c5f_BattletoadsareAWESUMcool:

Though actually, Leia's hug after Han died seemed very maternal. And she IS a great pilot, so she's probably Han and Leia's.

On the same token, she could also be Luke's if she's a great pilot. He was, just as Anakin was. 

• 4 weeks later...

I was watching the MST3K episode of Fugitive Alien this morning and I noticed something about the head bad guy.

Now I'm wondering if this is where JJ and the writers got the idea for Snoke from?

fa1.png

Screen Shot 2016-02-14 at 10.43.19 AM.png

Archived