IGNORED

Duggars adopting another baby

KelseyAnn

One of the J Slaves got a bit rebellious and is now pregnant. Image consultant told them that saying Michelle was pregnant again wouldn't fly, better to say they are "looking into adoption" Keep said J girl out of the spotlight, as the pregnancy progresses, they have found a young woman willing to allow Jim Bob and Michelle adopt her child.

Baby is born, cute newborn photos are taken,child looks suspiciously Duggar like. 

• Replies 146
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FJismyheadship said:

One of the J Slaves got a bit rebellious and is now pregnant. Image consultant told them that saying Michelle was pregnant again wouldn't fly, better to say they are "looking into adoption" Keep said J girl out of the spotlight, as the pregnancy progresses, they have found a young woman willing to allow Jim Bob and Michelle adopt her child.

Baby is born, cute newborn photos are taken,child looks suspiciously Duggar like. 

Isn't that what happened in that Law and Order fake Duggar episode?

5 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Yeah basically except they claimed the mom did have the baby.

After I wrote that I thought "Oh. That's like the Law And Order episode. Minus the creepy pastor dude."

Maybe I should have edited the post after that to read "its gonna be like law and order"

3 minutes ago, 19 cats and counting said:

Yep

I think that if they adopt a white newborn, they'll need to make sure Joy, Jinger & Jana are sighted around the time the birth, looking very unpregnant.  Otherwise there'll be talk and not the sort that they want.

At the moment they have one officially bad egg and 18 publicly sweet eggs, but if rumours start about another rotting egg, things will be worse :snooty:

1 hour ago, AmazonGrace said:

Why stop at twenty? it's such a random number. I suggest two dozen. Besides, they'll probably have to start thinking about replacing Josh soon.

26 is a much better number, one for every letter of the J'alphabet... I guess that would mean adopting 25 children because they probably wouldn't use the 'holy' "J" again.

I just hope the whole adoption thing is a big rumor, just like A&J renewing their vows. Anna clearly, from he last interview, feels that the whole wedding episode makes them both look pretty foolish in light of what happened. And the Duggars have obviously not even looked into how difficult it is to adopt.

3 hours ago, littlemommy said:

I hate hate hate it when someone has one child and can't have another and people carry on with "Be thankful that you at least have one, some people don't even get that!" Pain is pain. Heartache is heartache. But....when you have NINETEEN children? Even my understanding can only stretch so far until I start to wonder if some sort of psychological problem is at play. 

I agree. At some point the person has to be realistic about what someone can expect to receive in a single lifetime. Michelle and Jim Bob are not empty nesters. They currently have ten minor children in the home - many more than most people will ever have total - and supposedly these children are home-educated. They also have six grandchildren to lavish attention on. I'm sure there are plenty of volunteer opportunities in their community to help children in need. There is no reason for them to be bored or lonely, or for them to act like they no longer have children in their life just because Michelle's fertile years are probably behind her.

At some point, the season of life naturally changes. This can be hard to accept, but it needs to be accepted. Children do not stay young forever, and simply adding more of them to prolong that stage of life can only last so long. Michelle and Jim Bob need to come to terms with that.

Adopting a baby now would not change the basic fact that it can't go on forever, and there's eventually an end point where their identity will have to shift from "and counting" and acquisition to contentment with the family they have.

39 minutes ago, FJismyheadship said:

I was more thinking that some fundie girl got herself "in trouble" and the Duggar's are going to help solve the problem--everyone prayed on it and they have decided this is the way to go.  Pure speculation though....

Given all the bad press lately, it makes sense (as others up thread have said) for the Duggars to try to divert attention from it.  And what better way than to be holier than thou?  The are saving a child from a life of destitution, debauchery, and satan! 

Do they have fundie versions of the reborn doll?  It could come wiith a tiny blanket and a little blue or pink rod with a Bible verse on it. It can be dressed in second hand clothes and come with a set of modest swim wear.  And don't forget the bow.

1 hour ago, FJismyheadship said:

My speculation in that case would be a grandchild via the eldest son not via a daughter.

Maybe they consider taking in other SAHDs from other families as a long term deal as "adopting," so they're thinking of "adopting" Tabitha Paine. 

2 hours ago, Hisey said:

What if they were to adopt a child that would otherwise spend it's entire childhood moving from foster home to foster home?

I'm going to be really blunt here: It is a myth that there are a ton of infants in foster care in the United States just waiting for permanent homes. There are far more people who want to adopt a healthy baby than there are healthy babies to adopt. Healthy babies who are available for adoption do not linger in foster care. People compete to raise them.

Sometimes healthy babies who are not available for adoption do have a long stay in foster care, because their parent is working on their plan or is fighting their court case, but those children wouldn't be an option for the Duggars to adopt anyway.

The children who linger in foster care while available for adoption are older or have special needs, and the Duggars have never shown any interest in investing in those children. Their parenting style and home life are massively unsuited to raising a child with those challenges, and they would be unlikely to meet the approval criteria for any legitimate state or international agency.

I would rather see a child with special needs raised in a good therapeutic group home than by the Duggars. I say this as someone who works with the population of children in question. The Duggars at this point are essentially an unlicensed and unregulated group home where the parenting approach is damaging and the kids have been demonstrably unsafe in the past, so no, I don't think they're preferable to a well-run, caring, safe facility.

When it comes to time spent in foster care, child in a good foster home would receive better and more therapeutic care, and would still have the possibility of adoption into a positive and loving family in the future. Whereas once a child is added to the Duggar collection, that's it, they're a Duggar prop for life.

We can of course come up with all sorts of nightmare scenarios worse than the Duggars, but even so, a mega-family where sexual abuse and harsh physical punishment have already happened and the parenting style would be actively detrimental to a child coping with challenges would be pretty low on my list of where I'd want to see a child go.

24 minutes ago, Mercer said:

We can of course come up with all sorts of nightmare scenarios worse than the Duggars, but even so, a mega-family where sexual abuse and harsh physical punishment have demonstrably already happened and the parenting style would be actively detrimental to a child coping with challenges would be pretty low on my list of where I'd want to see a child go

So well said!

I agree that the chance that they were to get a newborn would be slim to none. If they were to get an older more "worldly" child imagine how poorly that would go. If you were not raised from birth in that level of craziness how on earth would you ever merge well into their family.

Not only would you personally have knowledge of so many inappropriate things but you would stand the chance of contaminating their sacred children with what you knew. I can just see the out roar when Michelle walks into a room where #20 is explaining the plot of Harry Potter...

There are so many reasons why it would never work...

We live ten miles from one of the fundie "unwed mother" homes.

One has to wonder if TLC would go so far as to pay all fees associated with an adoption. They're looking to recoup that $24 million write-down, aren't they? Imagine the ratings!

1 minute ago, Rainytown said:

We live ten miles from one of the fundie "unwed mother" homes.

One has to wonder if TLC would go so far as to pay all fees associated with an adoption. They're looking to recoup that $24 million write-down, aren't they? Imagine the ratings!

It's not just the fees. They still have to jump through the hoops to legally adopt, ad that can take 6. months. Even. If someone wants.  the Duggars as parents, they still have to follow the law. Most social workers would. have issues with children walking across the counters,   with or without shoes. That's just for starters.

Don't know why I keep getting periods. in the middle of my sentences that I can't delete.

24 minutes ago, Bad Wolf said:

It's not just the fees. They still have to jump through the hoops to legally adopt, ad that can take 6. months. Even. If someone wants.  the Duggars as parents, they still have to follow the law. Most social workers would. have issues with children walking across the counters,   with or without shoes. That's just for starters.

Don't know why I keep getting periods. in the middle of my sentences that I can't delete.

Once you hit menopause the periods will stop.      :pufff:

What adoption agency would adopt to parents who let their daughters live with a boy who molested them and then covered everything up?

If anything DHS should remove ALL minor children from JB and Michelle's custody. Those kids deserve better!

My speculation in that case would be a grandchild via the eldest son not via a daughter.

Omg. Omg. This has merit indeed. Did Joshly use protection during his lecherous debauchery?

Just imagine the green-eyed monster that would come out of Josie. And she might be tempted to "act out.' oh, my.

I'm pretty sure this frail treasured child of Michelle's has ever been to the prayer closet to visit "the rod."

Archived