IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon - Those Smug Seewalds Part 2

happy atheist

Oh Ben, I wish you would purpose to become a Christian rapper like "Flame"
Please, Jesus, lay it on his heart.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Jessa and Ben are the perfect example of what my hubs and I have always called "working so hard at not working." Wouldn't it just be easier to get jobs, with regular hours, paychecks and other benefits, and live their own lives?????  Seriously, what could JB do? Kick them out of GM MARY's home? BFD, what do 2 BR 1 BA homes on a major thoroughfare go for in NWA?

5 hours ago, Tim-Tom Biblethumper said:

Any idea who filmed/edited Ben's riveting Flame interview?  Seems kinda artsy-fartsy for this group.

I totally think it is Jessa 

she has to be a part of it 

he has no personality I am sorry - it's like he is a robot 

except today he did post a picture of Spud - again Spud is just laying there - but it's better than coffins 

the edgy preacher needs to man up 

5 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Jessa and Ben are the perfect example of what my hubs and I have always called "working so hard at not working." Wouldn't it just be easier to get jobs, with regular hours, paychecks and other benefits, and live their own lives?????  Seriously, what could JB do? Kick them out of GM MARY's home? BFD, what do 2 BR 1 BA homes on a major thoroughfare go for in NWA?

I love when you challenge me :D

I found a spacious 1700 sq ft in Fayetteville for $1000 - omg 

a lot are like Grandma Mary'e except hers is renovated - everything else has carpet 

a nice 1700 sq ft - for $1300

all on craiglist 

holy moly 

What bothers me the most about the baby wearing issues both girls seem to have (i haven't seen the photos) is that I have seen Jill and one of the other older girls use an ergo with Jenny while they were on outings.  They were using it properly so they clearly know how and there is a perfectly good ergo at that house or in storage somewhere and no one is using it. Jill could be making good use of it in a front or back carry with Izzy while she is out and about.:dontgetit:

I have a baby ktan. I love it! We properly cary 18month old lilboom in it all the time. Carriers are awesome, when used safely.

I love the solly baby wrap, but I know a wiggly lilboom would probably make that wrap hard for us to use. So, we got the k'tan. 

7 minutes ago, choochoo said:

What bothers me the most about the baby wearing issues both girls seem to have (i haven't seen the photos) is that I have seen Jill and one of the other older girls use an ergo with Jenny while they were on outings.  They were using it properly so they clearly know how and there is a perfectly good ergo at that house or in storage somewhere and no one is using it. Jill could be making good use of it in a front or back carry with Izzy while she is out and about.:dontgetit:

Probably can't find it amongst the piles of crap and all the possible storage locales.

In the "Ben interviews Flame" about racial tensions video did anybody else notice how there was no interview? Ben asked a question. Flame said his piece. Ben responded like he hadn't said anything with a pre-bottled line. Ben is one of the worst public speakers, but even worst then that HE DOES NOT LISTEN or absorb any new information! Ben acts like he is listening. He nods his head. Then he goes back and recites the same mumbo jumbo. 

2 hours ago, choochoo said:

The Ergo is much more fool proof* than wraps and slings and whatnot so they really should use one. But like someone else said, it's probably in a pile of junk somewhere. Or just completely ruined.

*Not completely fool proof as Ryan Reynolds has shown us.

I thought Ben looked bored when he was supposed to be listening. The focus wasn't on him. Must admit, I didn't watch the whole thing because I was bored.

I'll admit that I didn't watch Ben's interview with Flame, but I am amazed at the thoughtful comments I saw underneath the video on Facebook. I wonder how Jessa feels about these comments.

image.thumb.jpeg.8e40f466dd5c5b0ae17fa9eimage.thumb.jpeg.4df440717db8c4aa0431663

1 hour ago, RabbitKM said:

I'll admit that I didn't watch Ben's interview with Flame, but I am amazed at the thoughtful comments I saw underneath the video on Facebook. I wonder how Jessa feels about these comments.

image.thumb.jpeg.8e40f466dd5c5b0ae17fa9eimage.thumb.jpeg.4df440717db8c4aa0431663

She'll probably justify Ben's viewpoints by No True Scotsman-ing these commenters. They're not REAL Christians like Ben is.

4 hours ago, RabbitKM said:

I imagine they'll be deleted shortly 

7 hours ago, nastyhobbitses said:

She'll probably justify Ben's viewpoints by No True Scotsman-ing these commenters. They're not REAL Christians like Ben is.

i might have watched his earlier videos - but i refuse to watch the newest ones. They are just boring and nothing interesting at all.   I don't need to learn anything from Ben and Jessa - for sure. at least that is me. 

He comes across as a arrogant guy on his own videos who just thinks nodding and acting like he is listening is enough to be a public speaker. That is not public speaking that is something so basic.  I hope they don't think they will make any money from this... 

And when Jessa does pan to him - he has this non existent expression on his face.  What she saw in him is beyond me .

On 1/18/2016 at 3:52 PM, nastyhobbitses said:

I think Derick wants to recapture his days in Nepal, where he was basically a more Jesus-y backpacking bum. As someone who did that sans the Jesus for a year, I can tell you that it's a great life (though not something to do forever) and I would go back to it in a heartbeat (though perhaps with a different organization). But it's really hard to be a backpacking bum when you have a far less adventurous, completely un-independent wife and an infant child, so I can see why he looks so burnt out and like he has no spark left in him. Adulthood and responsibility are just punching him in the face while he clings to the memories of riding around on a motorbike with naught but a daypack and a vague idea of what village he was going to.

I think there's a lot of truth to this.   Back when Derick and Jill were engaged, there was talk from them about eventually going into the mission field.  No specific timeframe but at some indefinite future period.  IIRC, the job at Walmart was his first job after college and Nepal.   Going into the workday world after college and adjusting to it's demands can be a tough but Derick was trying to do this when he had a needy wife and an in law family who no doubt expected him to be available for fliming.   Also his mom was ill.  So he had a lot on his plate and the experience was more difficult than it might have been if he had been single with no demands from a spouse and in law family.   No wonder he probably wanted to escape back to the mission field.   Though I still think that filming might have caused issues at his job.  And I don't think that Jill was content to just show up at his workplace, he probably fielded phone calls/texts all day and there were probably days he didn't go in because Jill couldn't cope.   So I think the mission field was not only an escape but a fallback plan B that didn't quite work out (no TLC money) because of Joshgate.   

I still think he's trying to sort out what he has gotten into.  

1 hour ago, nokidsmom said:

I think there's a lot of truth to this.   Back when Derick and Jill were engaged, there was talk from them about eventually going into the mission field.  No specific timeframe but at some indefinite future period.  IIRC, the job at Walmart was his first job after college and Nepal.   Going into the workday world after college and adjusting to it's demands can be a tough but Derick was trying to do this when he had a needy wife and an in law family who no doubt expected him to be available for fliming.   Also his mom was ill.  So he had a lot on his plate and the experience was more difficult than it might have been if he had been single with no demands from a spouse and in law family.   No wonder he probably wanted to escape back to the mission field.   Though I still think that filming might have caused issues at his job.  And I don't think that Jill was content to just show up at his workplace, he probably fielded phone calls/texts all day and there were probably days he didn't go in because Jill couldn't cope.   So I think the mission field was not only an escape but a fallback plan B that didn't quite work out (no TLC money) because of Joshgate.   

I still think he's trying to sort out what he has gotten into.  

I agree 100%. 

What makes this all so difficult is that the Dillards did have a lot on their plates (newlywed, ill mom, time constraints for filming), but then they added more (a honeymoon baby, major jaw surgery and Derick quitting his job). The one thing that should have stayed on the plate, was the job. I feel sorry for Derick in that he is suppose to have all the answers, yet he seems to let Jill call so many of the shots. He is clearly a very conflicted man. Jill can't call the shots, as she can barely function on her own.

If they keep procreating like rabbits, their problems will continue.

I think their mission days will draw to a close the more children they have. Jill isn't going to take care of all her children on her own, she wasn't raised that way. Sure she can get a sister to come down once in awhile but Michelle needs the older girls at home raising their siblings.

I do wonder about Derrick. At some point is he going to wake up and realize how much he missed being a non-Duggar adult. I mean will he miss secular movies, books or having an intelligent conversation that doesn't involve religious aspects or baby raising? Those are the only two things Jill can talk about. How is he not bored? 

Poor Bernice is going to get banned - even though she's right.

Secondly, I am a workaholic so Duggars make NO sense to me. How can you be THAT lazy?!

3 hours ago, SassyPants said:

I agree 100%. 

What makes this all so difficult is that the Dillards did have a lot on their plates (newlywed, ill mom, time constraints for filming), but then they added more (a honeymoon baby, major jaw surgery and Derick quitting his job). The one thing that should have stayed on the plate, was the job. I feel sorry for Derick in that he is suppose to have all the answers, yet he seems to let Jill call so many of the shots. He is clearly a very conflicted man. Jill can't call the shots, as she can barely function on her own.

If they keep procreating like rabbits, their problems will continue.

ITA on the job.  Given Derick's position as a tax accountant, I suspect that being available for filming might have caused some issues with his employer  When I heard of his position at Walmart HQ, I wondered how he might juggle this kind of job with being on the show as he no doubt was expected to do. Jill and his in law family don't have regular jobs themselves and certainly have no have no clue about holding a "real job" so it's very possible that not only did his work schedule probably conflict with filming but also was seen as taking a back burner to TLC gravy train.  IMHO, he should have given priority to his job because it was not only supporting his family on his own (TLC money would not last forever)  but it was a good start to his work career.

I wonder how Derick will feel in a few years with a few more babies and a wife that he can't have an intelligent conversation with. 

5 minutes ago, nokidsmom said:

ITA on the job.  Given Derick's position as a tax accountant, I suspect that being available for filming might have caused some issues with his employer  When I heard of his position at Walmart HQ, I wondered how he might juggle this kind of job with being on the show as he no doubt was expected to do. Jill and his in law family don't have regular jobs themselves and certainly have no have no clue about holding a "real job" so it's very possible that not only did his work schedule probably conflict with filming but also was seen as taking a back burner to TLC gravy train.  IMHO, he should have given priority to his job because it was not only supporting his family on his own (TLC money would not last forever)  but it was a good start to his work career.

I wonder how Derick will feel in a few years with a few more babies and a wife that he can't have an intelligent conversation with. 

Jill probably could not even understand the fact that he had regular work hours as they so famously do everything in DUGGAR TIME! Walmart does not work under Duggar time and probably doesn't give a rat's fart who they are. They most likely expected things and time from Derrick that he was unable to give. Plus, the distraction of Jill who knows how bad she actually was. I think she was probably beyond horrible. He had no time to even concentrate on his work.

I am wondering if we will eventually see Derrick hit overload and he will wander off into the sunset back to his life before Jill.

I have always wondered what on earth do they even talk about. She has no life experiences to draw from. She has no friends outside the family to tell stories etc about. She has seen no movies without her family. She has never read a top seller book. I would be surprised if she had ever read a newspaper. She really has nothing to offer except her body. All due to her stupid idiotic parents.

I am pretty tired tonight, so hope all ye wise ones can help to ferret out the episode where Jill and Derrick were talking heads and the work schedule was discussed. She said something about missing him when he was gone all day (teensy tear drops) and he more or less confirmed he would be continuing to work full time. She looked at him and said 'Well, We haven't really decided that, yet.' Can't remember if it was pre or post wedding, but I sure was not shocked when he quit his job......

23 minutes ago, Kjaerringa said:

I am pretty tired tonight, so hope all ye wise ones can help to ferret out the episode where Jill and Derrick were talking heads and the work schedule was discussed. She said something about missing him when he was gone all day (teensy tear drops) and he more or less confirmed he would be continuing to work full time. She looked at him and said 'Well, We haven't really decided that, yet.' Can't remember if it was pre or post wedding, but I sure was not shocked when he quit his job......

I vaguely remember this, too! I always thought it was a little ridiculous that Jill would even hint at shooting down the idea of Derick continuing to work. I have no doubt that Jessa and Ben's nonexistent work ethic is only reinforced by the example of Jill and Derick. And given that Josh was basically a glorified social media spokesperson for FRC, it's not like they've had any good examples set before them. Besides, perhaps, John-David. He seems to be doing something with his time, at least. 

I would love to sit them down and explain what a 'job' is. I'm studying to get my Bachelor's full-time and I still managed to work three casual jobs to make ends meet. I'd probably shock them with my ability to provide for myself.

22 hours ago, nst said:

I totally think it is Jessa 

she has to be a part of it 

he has no personality I am sorry - it's like he is a robot 

except today he did post a picture of Spud - again Spud is just laying there - but it's better than coffins 

the edgy preacher needs to man up 

I love when you challenge me :D

I found a spacious 1700 sq ft in Fayetteville for $1000 - omg 

a lot are like Grandma Mary'e except hers is renovated - everything else has carpet 

a nice 1700 sq ft - for $1300

all on craiglist 

holy moly 

The "edgy preacher needs to man up" comment made me laugh and think of one of my favorite "Book Of Mormon" songs: 

I'm taking the reins,
I'm crossing the bear!
Just like Jesus,
I'm growing a pair!
I've gotta stand up,
Can't just clam up,
It's time ta-
MAN UP!

The Duggars never saw JB and M go to work outside the home much. IIRC, JB even had a spotty attendance record when he held the government position (coming to vote on right to life issues and often with his kids in toe).

These 2nd generation "kids" have no idea about working and earning their own way in life-none. It's a foreign concept, like so many other real life issues.

Just now, SassyPants said:

The Duggars never saw JB and M go to work outside the home much. IIRC, JB even had a spotty attendance record when he held the government position (coming to vote on right to life issues and often with his kids in tow)..

These 2nd generation "kids" have no idea about working and earning their own way in life-none. It's a foreign concept, like so many other real life issues.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived