IGNORED

Jessa, Ben & Spurgeon - Those Smug Seewalds Part 2

happy atheist

10 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I admit I'm a bit lazy. I will find the easiest and fastest way to do things but I work 56 hours a week. I can't imagine being like Derick and quitting a nice accounting job in a huge corporation to be a grifter. How much kool-aid did Jill sneak into him? Her hooha can't possibly be that special. Her parents completely messed that girl up.

Many here saw Derick as Jill's ticket out of Fundieland. Sadly Derick seems to be just as deluded as Jill. He did seek out Jim Bob as a prayer partner before courting Jill, so I think he was already drinking the Koolaid.

• Replies 546
  • Created
  • Last Reply
51 minutes ago, KSmom said:

But every day? There were times off and on earlier in our marriage when we only had one car. Most days I just stayed home. There would be times when I needed a car and I would take my husband to work, but then again I know how to keep myself occupied.

Jill in particular of the older kids does not know what to do with herself and does not know how to be alone. 

My husband and I had one car for about a year. I would only drive him to work on days where I needed the car. I had a baby to take care of and she kept me busy. There were also places I could walk to if I needed to get out of the house. I could only imagine driving my husband to work everyday if I had somewhere I needed to be - like a fully time job.

7 minutes ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

Many here saw Derick as Jill's ticket out of Fundieland. Sadly Derick seems to be just as deluded as Jill. He did seek out Jim Bob as a prayer partner before courting Jill, so I think he was already drinking the Koolaid.

I just don't get it. Derick went to a real 4 year college, even went to Nepal by himself. I really thought he was her way out too. But Jill is one of the more Koolaid drinking kids out of the 19. I think the only one to escape will be Jennifer. She's been done with it since she was born.

22 minutes ago, OyToTheVey said:

I just don't get it. Derick went to a real 4 year college, even went to Nepal by himself. I really thought he was her way out too. But Jill is one of the more Koolaid drinking kids out of the 19. I think the only one to escape will be Jennifer. She's been done with it since she was born.

They've actually done studies on super religious people. Their brains work differently. More gullible, but the psychologists put it in nicer terms i believe.  

Lol, done since she was born.  But i don't know, I'm holding out hope for a few of the others- I think they are playing the long game  here. Pretending to be with the program to avoid punishment and reprogramming, but secretly planning escape routes. I'de like to think anyway.

2 hours ago, OyToTheVey said:

I think Derick's dad's death affected him greatly and the Duggars somehow offer him the family life he wants. I think Derick's beliefs also offer him some comfort. People turn to religion for all manner of reasons. Fundamentalism can seem very appealing to those who are vulnerable and need answers.

3 hours ago, Sweet Fellowship said:

Perhaps we had it backwards all along.  Jill was Derick's ticket out of Normalstan.  Most in-laws would be giving their new SIL the serious side eye for up and quitting a good paying job with decent benefits, right after having a baby, to take wife and baby to a country where neither of you knows the language, to "minister" to Catholics about Jesus Christ and the right way to be Christian.  Oh yes, and holding out their hands for money, please, in order to do so. 

But if you marry one of JimBob's daughters - that's apparently a-okay. 

47 minutes ago, EmmieJ said:

Perhaps we had it backwards all along.  Jill was Derick's ticket out of Normalstan.  Most in-laws would be giving their new SIL the serious side eye for up and quitting a good paying job with decent benefits, right after having a baby, to take wife and baby to a country where neither of you knows the language, to "minister" to Catholics about Jesus Christ and the right way to be Christian.  Oh yes, and holding out their hands for money, please, in order to do so. 

But if you marry one of JimBob's daughters - that's apparently a-okay. 

so that's it - maybe JB is telling Ben to be edgier 

good plan 

On January 2, 2016 at 9:01 AM, nastyhobbitses said:

Jenni really does look like Jana. Hannie is getting hard to place; she looked a lot like Joy for a while, but now she reminds me of a mix of Jill and Jessa. I can't quite place Jordyn either.

On January 15, 2016 at 10:50 AM, Buzzard said:

I'm not surprised that the tax info still says the Duggars, it takes quite a while for them to update that information.  They wont issue tax bills for several months, so its normal for the old names to remain a while. 

I'm also interested in the dealings with Renfroe.  Its very odd that the LLC was created right around the time of Joshly.

1 hour ago, nst said:

1 hour ago, nst said:

Don't know what's up with this thread- I cannot make a comment without odd quotes appearing. This is not happening in any other thread.

My husband and I have one vehicle. I do not work due to health issues but worked for many years. Just wanted to make sure I don't get lumped in the Dillards/Seewalds! If I have a doctor's appointment or something to do, I take him to work and pick him up later. Would I do this every day? NO! We can be away from each other for periods of time without falling apart. We had two vehicles for many many years but since I no longer work realized one vehicle was rarely used so ditched it.

I really missed the part about Jill that she was both driving him to work and taking him lunch. It makes me wonder if Derrick got fired for not being able to concentrate on his job. As you know Jill, wasn't just doing that she had to be calling and texting in the short time they were apart. Asking what he was doing? Asking what to bring for lunch? Sending selfies with smoochie kisses.......

I do agree we may have had backwards from the beginning. I sure would say something to either one of my son in laws if they quit a good and had nothing but grifting lined up. But in Duggarland that is normal.

31 minutes ago, Valerie3kids said:

<snip> I really missed the part about Jill that she was both driving him to work and taking him lunch. It makes me wonder if Derrick got fired for not being able to concentrate on his job. As you know Jill, wasn't just doing that she had to be calling and texting in the short time they were apart. Asking what he was doing? Asking what to bring for lunch? Sending selfies with smoochie kisses.......

While there's no way to know for sure, I do consider it a very distinct possibility that Derick encountered issues on the job due to his needy wife with some severe separation anxiety.  I don't think for a moment she was content to just drive back and forth three times, someone like this is going to resort to constant calling / texting.  There might have been some days where he didn't go in to the office because of her.  He was probably absent in order to do filming.   Add to having a baby plus surgery, I wonder how much time he might have spent at the office and when he was there, he was not productive due to constant interruptions.    I do wonder job performance and / or absenteeism was a factor in his departure either voluntary or involuntary.  He might have seen his days there were numbered and beat them to the punch. 

This is the finance area of a major US corporation.   His job as a tax accountant would have required him to put in time at month-end, quarter-end and year-end closings, among other things.  I can't imagine he could have lasted long with the demands from wife, in law family, and then a baby.  Add to the mix a mother who was critically ill and he had surgery himself. And Walmart HQ would not care about Duggar time or the Duggars period  I think it highly likely that joining the Duggar borg negatively impacted his job and this was a factor to speed up his intentions to go back into the mission field.  

WHERE is our instagram post marking the Roe v Wade anniversary?? I need a picture of Spurgey and quivery-lipped caption about how if they'd gone to a cold-hearted medical doctor for prenatal care they would have been forced to destroy this beautiful baby #WhyWeMarch #DrSeussQuotes. WHERE IS IT.

(And then Jill with the "defiende la vida!!!!")

1 hour ago, Valerie3kids said:

My husband and I have one vehicle. I do not work due to health issues but worked for many years. Just wanted to make sure I don't get lumped in the Dillards/Seewalds! If I have a doctor's appointment or something to do, I take him to work and pick him up later. Would I do this every day? NO! We can be away from each other for periods of time without falling apart. We had two vehicles for many many years but since I no longer work realized one vehicle was rarely used so ditched it.

I really missed the part about Jill that she was both driving him to work and taking him lunch. It makes me wonder if Derrick got fired for not being able to concentrate on his job. As you know Jill, wasn't just doing that she had to be calling and texting in the short time they were apart. Asking what he was doing? Asking what to bring for lunch? Sending selfies with smoochie kisses.......

I do agree we may have had backwards from the beginning. I sure would say something to either one of my son in laws if they quit a good and had nothing but grifting lined up. But in Duggarland that is normal.

9 hours ago, Trynn said:

Thrice daily is a lot, but was she only driving him to work so she could have the car? I know people who do that sort of thing because having 2 cars is no longer affordable.

I'm pretty sure they had two cars.  Derick's still had his car from their courting days, and Jill drove a giant SUV.  Jill explained it once saying "they" wanted to maximize their time together.  I imagine she would drop him off at work and immediately come home and start preparing her picnic basket (it was never just sandwiches). :pb_rollseyes: 

DFO posted a new picture of Jessa, Anna, Joy and Jana and guess who is holding Spud 

not his birth birth mother 

give me a break 

There is something seriously wrong with her that she doesn't want to be photographed HOLDING her own SON 

43 minutes ago, nst said:

DFO posted a new picture of Jessa, Anna, Joy and Jana and guess who is holding Spud 

not his birth birth mother 

give me a break 

There is something seriously wrong with her that she doesn't want to be photographed HOLDING her own SON 

I could understand this if she just didn't want pics of her post partum self out there. I can empathize with that. But she seems to have no problem posting pics of herself, so that is ruled out.  and it's not like she doesn't have people around to take them.

23 minutes ago, quiverofdoubt said:

I could understand this if she just didn't want pics of her post partum self out there. I can empathize with that. But she seems to have no problem posting pics of herself, so that is ruled out.  and it's not like she doesn't have people around to take them.

she / dfo has shown pictures of her post partum - it's the whole I refuse to hold my own son that bothers me 

again she is the anti jill - i get it 

4 hours ago, nickelodeon said:

WHERE is our instagram post marking the Roe v Wade anniversary?? I need a picture of Spurgey and quivery-lipped caption about how if they'd gone to a cold-hearted medical doctor for prenatal care they would have been forced to destroy this beautiful baby #WhyWeMarch #DrSeussQuotes. WHERE IS IT.

(And then Jill with the "defiende la vida!!!!")

On Ben's Twitter he did retweet a link to a crazy article about the Anniversary of Roe v Wade, in which the writer of the article goes off on an insane tirade about how abortion has killed more African-Americans than the KKK. 

He followed this up with several tweets about how God is watching you, always watching you, he's watching you right now!

Ben is just the right amount of stupid to be living in a bunker someday, printing conspiracy theory newsletters.

8 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

On Ben's Twitter he did retweet a link to a crazy article about the Anniversary of Roe v Wade, in which the writer of the article goes off on an insane tirade about how abortion has killed more African-Americans than the KKK. 

He followed this up with several tweets about how God is watching you, always watching you, he's watching you right now!

Ben is just the right amount of stupid to be living in a bunker someday, printing conspiracy theory newsletters.

i love it - Ben is just the right amount of stupid to be living in a bunker someday - that should be a title count -  and you are my new favorite person ! 

Ben needs to be slapped upside his head - both of them 

15 hours ago, Trynn said:

Thrice daily is a lot, but was she only driving him to work so she could have the car? I know people who do that sort of thing because having 2 cars is no longer affordable.

I doubt it.  The Duggars have a lot of experience with used cars, and I bet they could have gotten J&D a good deal.

Amazing if Jill didn't want Derick to work after Derick told Jim Bob he wouldn't go into debt.

8 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I doubt it.  The Duggars have a lot of experience with used cars, and I bet they could have gotten J&D a good deal.

Amazing if Jill didn't want Derick to work after Derick told Jim Bob he wouldn't go into debt.

Not only that but the front of their house looks like a used car lot. Don't tell me there wasn't a single vehicle he couldn't have borrowed. Or one jill could've borrowed for errand running. 

Filming? Crap. I saw something from the hollywood gossip about that.  I just didn't believe it. Figured i'd wait till i heard it here first.  More "and counting" stuff, or the whole clan?

12 hours ago, Screamapillar said:

I could see him becoming a John Shrader type, but he's not brave enough to leave the US.

• Boogalou locked this topic

Archived