IGNORED

Anna-Marie Maxwell is pregnant with #4!

SolomonFundy

I also suspect that a good part of it is keeping the stay-at-home-daughters busy with something...anything.  

I think they make quite a few cookies, because they are easy, cheap and a decent little snack or dessert (didn't some picture show one of the Maxwellian children or inlaws with a giant economy size cannister of sprinkles?)  I don't get a feeling that the SAHD cooking skills are all that, but cookies are easy. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they make quite a few cookies, because they are easy, cheap and a decent little snack or dessert (didn't some picture show one of the Maxwellian children or inlaws with a giant economy size cannister of sprinkles?)  I don't get a feeling that the SAHD cooking skills are all that, but cookies are easy. 

They make cake with boxed mixes too, and they have ALL the sweet/savoury squeezy bottle sauces and condiments which Sarah one said was a family treat to choose what they like.  Rationed they may be, but that family likes to have convenience food treats.  

Because Steve, I guess.

No, I agree with the people who think Christopher is a lost boy.  That doesn't mean he is also not a sactimonious prig with not an ounce of talent for photography.  Nathan got out while the getting was still good.  He got to DATE his wife, no matter what bs is on the blog.  Both Nathan and Christopher suffer from the Mark of Steve.  They were born and had a few years of life without the extreme sheltering, playing with kids they were not related to, being on a baseball team.  Joseph?  Joseph is Steve's version of the Virgin Birth.  His atonement child.  Conceived without sin because his parents got on the Quiverfull, sheltering bus.  Never exposed to any nasty 1-18 year old deviants the other sinners in the neighborhood were producing.  The older 2 will always have the "stain" they can never rub away.  At least Nathan has exposure to Melanie's relatively normal family.  

And now, returning to Poor Sarah, how awful, if Anna and Mary should marry, that she might think herself tainted by association with the old life.

I am starting to think the three will grow old together though.  Maybe with Jesse as the stay-at-home manchild, if Steve should become frail before he can leave and cleave.

What's with all the hate on GS cookies? I love 'em!  Especially the Samoas, Tagalongs, and Thin Mints.

Not "hate" here, just find them all pretty dry, and/or not recipes I especially like.  Ordered a case of Thin Mints from a relative and they barely lasted 6 weeks. Next campaign, if she sells again, I'll buy but have them sent to deployed military.  I didn't even know that was a option until one of my kids told me. 

Who here has consumed an entire sleeve of cookies at 1 sitting? [at some point in their life]

Raises hand in shame.

If not cookies, Ritz crackers, plain or dipped ala Maxwells?????

Um....isn't that part of the passage into womanhood?  I mean, your first bra, your first menses, your first kiss....your first emotional sleeve of Oreos washed down with half a gallon of milk.  I absolutely cannot buy Oreos in the regular size pack; and Heaven help me if I buy the Sam's Club box. I will find myself in a black-toothed sugar stupor for days.  Sometimes, if I MUST have an Oreo, I'll buy the little six-pack lunch box treat at the checkout.  It's a glorious three seconds when I inhale those sixe cookies. 

They make cake with boxed mixes too, and they have ALL the sweet/savoury squeezy bottle sauces and condiments which Sarah one said was a family treat to choose what they like.  Rationed they may be, but that family likes to have convenience food treats.  

Because Steve, I guess.

And now, returning to Poor Sarah, how awful, if Anna and Mary should marry, that she might think herself tainted by association with the old life.

I am starting to think the three will grow old together though.  Maybe with Jesse as the stay-at-home manchild, if Steve should become frail before he can leave and cleave.

I don't know that Steve would be okay with Jesse being alone in his own room. If John leaves (for whatever reason), Jesse will be married off quickly.

Not "hate" here, just find them all pretty dry, and/or not recipes I especially like.  Ordered a case of Thin Mints from a relative and they barely lasted 6 weeks. Next campaign, if she sells again, I'll buy but have them sent to deployed military.  I didn't even know that was a option until one of my kids told me. 

Makes you wonder a little bit what the military peeps really think about them, though.  "Oh, no, GS cookies...AGAIN!".  They may not like them any more than the rest of us!

5 hours ago, anjulibai said:

I don't know that Steve would be okay with Jesse being alone in his own room. If John leaves (for whatever reason), Jesse will be married off quickly.

I was thinking more of a little cot-bed in the corner of Steve's room, in case Steve needs his fevered brow to be mopped in the night. Teri could move in and share a bunk with Sarah when she needs care.

Fundies never buy GS cookies because they support PP and abortions and ideas like girls being independent. The fundie hate around GS cookie time makes me laugh. There is a conservative Christian group called American Heritage Girls ( I think) for those who just can't handle the liberal den that are the GS.

On ‎12‎/‎5‎/‎2015‎ ‎10‎:‎09‎:‎17‎, WonderingInWA said:

Makes you wonder a little bit what the military peeps really think about them, though.  "Oh, no, GS cookies...AGAIN!".  They may not like them any more than the rest of us!

Oh, dang! Well....I'm thinking there probably are a few differently-palated souls like myself who will be all, "Yum, Thin Mints!" Not like I'm pushing them down their gullets. :my_biggrin:

I think that mint mixed with chocolate is an abomination into the lord thy God. It says so right in 2 Romans 2:81.

Mint and chocolate separately are fine, but thou SHALT NOT mix them.

7 minutes ago, Trynn said:

I think that mint mixed with chocolate is an abomination into the lord thy God. It says so right in 2 Romans 2:81.

But but but I thought Junior mints were a gift from God. How else could you explain the delight of chocolate mixed with the desire for fresh breath?

7 minutes ago, Trynn said: I think that mint mixed with chocolate is an abomination into the lord thy God. It says so right in 2 Romans 2:81.

But but but I thought Junior mints were a gift from God. How else could you explain the delight of chocolate mixed with the desire for fresh breath?

Ewww. No. That is a cursed gift from Satan and should be destroyed immediately. Yuck.

Banana TimTams are pretty good (they were only launched this October!) but last time we had some I left them for others to eat, figuring I could just buy my own packet.  But the shop I tried had heaps of other flavours but no banana :(

Shortbread creams are pretty good too, as are lemon crisps.

Chocolate chip cookies of any sort are also great, and I can eat a large quantity far quicker than I ought to :P  Haven't had Oreos in quite some time but I remember going through several packs of various flavours.

But Lindt Lindor is probably my primary chocolatey vice :D  Once I found a cappuccino flavour... wow.  Sadly I've never seen them since.  But coconut is pretty good.  Most of the flavours are.

14 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

But Lindt Lindor is probably my primary chocolatey vice

oooh YES! Lindor truffles are my weakness! I found chocolate orange ones when I was down in the states over the summer. They were like tiny melty Terry's chocolate oranges. I wish I could find them again.  For Advent, I went out and bought myself a couple of bags of the Lindor Sea Salt truffles. One a day. Satisfies my chocolate cravings (well, almost) and they are way better than the waxy plastic chocolate you normally get in those cheapy advent calendars. 

Lindt+Lindor+Coconut.jpg

I've also seen these in the shops.  Maybe I should pick one up for Christmas:

maxi_ball_2_405x400px.png

On 12/7/2015 at 4:44 PM, CyborgKin said:

Lindt+Lindor+Coconut.jpg

I've also seen these in the shops.  Maybe I should pick one up for Christmas:

maxi_ball_2_405x400px.png

*drools*

I've never tried the coconut ones, but oh those milk chocolate ones... 

Actually, recently when I've had them the center hasn't been gooey and melty like it used to be. It's still a little softer than the outside but not the way it used to be. :( Do any Lindor fans know if anything changed? Maybe I just got bad batches.

I'm currently stocking up on some chocolate to bring back to the States, since they changed the Cadbury chocolate formula in the US and for some horrible reason, Aero Bars are not widely available in Amurrica. I think it's a held-over grudge from the whole Boston Tea Party thing. Why do you deny us, David Cameron? Why do you deny us such amazing bubbly mousse-y milk chocolate that I would subsist on entirely if it wasn't horrible for you and came in a dark chocolate variety?

I think the state of meltiness depends on the weather.

This has been my experience as well. Just set the truffle by your computers' exhaust fan for a while. That will heat up the center nicely without getting it too mushy.

18 minutes ago, Trynn said:
2 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

I think the state of meltiness depends on the weather.

This has been my experience as well. Just set the truffle by your computers' exhaust fan for a while. That will heat up the center nicely without getting it too mushy.

I have never eaten a melty-centred Lindor chocolate, here in the frozen UK. Probably never will.

Brrrr. :562479558b1bf_32(11):

Archived