IGNORED

Anna-Marie Maxwell is pregnant with #4!

SolomonFundy

We've also seen them baking sweet breads for gifts while caroling.

And Oreo pie! 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

If they keep having girls with few boys, the next generation is going to have to think long and hard about their future. Mr Teri can keep his 3 daughters at home knowing he can leave them the house and that they have 5 brothers to keep an eye on them. A small number of boys won't be able to manage families of their own, plus tend to a large number of unmarried sisters. 

Interesting point. And with the Maxwells, it's not so much patriarchy as it is insane control. I think it is nice to make provisions for their daughters, but it should not be for the reasons they currently have. Steve wants to control them for the rest of his life. He should leave them the house in the event that something happens with their husbands, but then, that would mean at some point down the line the girls would have a had CHOICE and had been able to MOVE OUT, even if it was only because they got married. That being said, I hope the next generation, no matter how conservative, will actually have connections other than the family and give the children and women choices.

NEW POST!

They had a family lunch, and Sarah was taking a photo of Anna Marie, and all the little girls wanted a photo together too. There's also an individual one of Drew (no sign of Joshua). Calia is apparently travelling with Joseph and Elissa, maybe to see Elissa's family? IDK. Only guessing.

Yeah, I'm guessing they were on their way to/from visiting Elissa's family. I can't help but wonder if the "extended" family all cleared out to their in-laws this Thanksgiving given the lack of representation in this year's post. Too bad for Nate's family that his in-laws are local.

What would they put in a cookbook? It would be bloody small.

Burritos

Goldfish crackers

Turtle Cheesecake

Salad

Smoothies

Do they eat anything else?

Bratwurst?

Pepsi?

They have apparently been to Fritz's Restaurant in KC at some point, given Christina's paper hat in the group shot. (comparison shot of Colin Hanks in same here). That's a fun place to take little kids - model trains deliver your food!  It's a favorite with my nephews.

They have apparently been to Fritz's Restaurant in KC at some point, given Christina's paper hat in the group shot. (comparison shot of Colin Hanks in same here). That's a fun place to take little kids - model trains deliver your food!  It's a favorite with my nephews.

!!! The Maxwell grandkids had F*N???

I was wondering what that hat thing was. Model trains whilst you wait... awesome! The most fun it gets here is crayons and a colouring sheet....

Man, I just noticed. Abby has really crazy eyes in that photo. It's likely unintentional, but it does look a little odd. Tina looks petrified, although again it's likely unintentional. And we finally see Lydia! She looks a real sweetie. 

Seriously what the hell do these people DO to get pregnant so much and so fast? What am I missing? 

They track their cycles, observe their mucus, take their ph levels, etc. 

And of course, have lots and lots of sex. Fundies are obsessed with sex. 

What would they put in a cookbook? It would be bloody small.

Burritos

Goldfish crackers

Turtle Cheesecake

Salad

Smoothies

Do they eat anything else?

Don't forget they have a number of recipes on their website, many of which are repugnant. Sickeningly sweet cornbread, for instance. 

The ABCs are so cute! Abby really looks like Melanie. Ruthie is definitely the best looking child of Chris and Anna Marie's offspring...

God those smiles on the ABC girls are forced. They must be getting tired of the never ending pictures. 

I think they're okay with it, since they're growing up around cameras and all. :wink-penguin:

Not about the Maxwells but just the quick pregnancies topic - Maybe it's just me, but I have known a lot of people in my time with 2, 3, 4 kids that close together, myself included.  We have friends who are about to have their second and their first is 17mo.  I had four kids ages 6 and under for awhile (born in '94, '95, '98 and '00).  But, after four we were done.  

We knew we wanted several and we knew I would be at home with them, it seemed right to us to have them all little at the same time.  We did not use any birth control, and that was how my body naturally spaced them with breastfeeding (except the first two, they were closer together because I only nursed the oldest for 7mo).  Yes, I was pregnant/nursing/changing diapers/dealing with babies and wee toddlers for about 9 years, but then I was DONE with the baby stuff.  For me, I much prefer that to having them say, 3-5 years apart and having to start all over again with the baby stage.      

ETA: having four young adults close in age is AWESOME.  We have so much fun together. :my_biggrin:

Seriously what the hell do these people DO to get pregnant so much and so fast? What am I missing? 

no social life, no tv

NR Anna's post is up. I think this is the first time she's blogged. She didn't say anything new. They are thrilled, little morning sickness. She looks pretty in the picture. 

Not about the Maxwells but just the quick pregnancies topic - Maybe it's just me, but I have known a lot of people in my time with 2, 3, 4 kids that close together, myself included.  We have friends who are about to have their second and their first is 17mo.  I had four kids ages 6 and under for awhile (born in '94, '95, '98 and '00).  But, after four we were done.  

We knew we wanted several and we knew I would be at home with them, it seemed right to us to have them all little at the same time.  We did not use any birth control, and that was how my body naturally spaced them with breastfeeding (except the first two, they were closer together because I only nursed the oldest for 7mo).  Yes, I was pregnant/nursing/changing diapers/dealing with babies and wee toddlers for about 9 years, but then I was DONE with the baby stuff.  For me, I much prefer that to having them say, 3-5 years apart and having to start all over again with the baby stage.      

ETA: having four young adults close in age is AWESOME.  We have so much fun together. :my_biggrin:

My mother had four kids in four years, three months. The middle two were born in the same calendar year - January and December. For three weeks a year, they are the same age. Like you, she chose to have us close together (and this was the sixties). I tried to follow her example but it was not meant to be for us. :5624795a82323_32(25):We had two in two years, nine months. Anyway, we, as children were allowed to have much fun and silliness , so I cannot imagine growing up any other way than with three playmates so close to my own age. I fear the same is not true for  Maxwell children. 

Your family sounds wonderful. 

NR Anna says in the blog post that Joshua was so excited about the new baby that he went around telling everyone at the Church of Holy Assisted Living the next morning - before some family members had been informed. I bet Steve was pissed if some random member of the Elderly got the big news before he did.

NR Anna says in the blog post that Joshua was so excited about the new baby that he went around telling everyone at the Church of Holy Assisted Living the next morning - before some family members had been informed. I bet Steve was pissed if some random member of the Elderly got the big news before he did.

I'm sure Steve was pissed. He needs know right away if a new blessing is on the way.  

I just assumed she meant HER family. Who knows when Christooher allows her to talk to her mother. I'm sure contact with her family is as tightly scheduled as everything else in their lives. However, it would be hilarious if Steve heard the news from Joshua or one of the precious elderly. 

Well, Mela, as my Dad explained, when a man and a woman love each other very much and are married (to each other)...

Archived