IGNORED

Anna-Marie Maxwell is pregnant with #4!

SolomonFundy

Well, Mela, as my Dad explained, when a man and a woman love each other very much and are married (to each other)...

In all fairness, nobody ever gave ME that talk ...

Maybe we're putting the Legos in the wrong places. 

• Replies 208
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm sure Steve was pissed. He needs know right away if a new blessing is on the way.  

I wonder if Steve is slightly pissed off all the time.  He certainly gives off that vibe.  It wouldn't be that much different from the Old Testament Jehovah, however, who was mightily pissed off most of the time, so a very  Biblical way to act.  I wonder if his family are always walking on eggshells around him?

Joshua caught on right away and was so excited he was telling some of our dear friends at church the next morning—before we had a chance to share with our families!

"families" -- I take that to mean both Christopher and Anna's families-- which would include Stevehovah.  How dare they tell their son that Anna is expecting before they tell His Steveship!

Thank you for your prayers for this pregnancy and for us as we seek to raise these precious little ones in the nurture and admonition of the Lord!

She certainly has the fundie-speak down pat.  "Admonition of the Lord" Yeah that's the first thing on my mind when I'm 6 weeks pregnant-- that my child is raised in the admonition of the Lord.  

I just assumed she meant HER family. Who knows when Christooher allows her to talk to her mother. I'm sure contact with her family is as tightly scheduled as everything else in their lives. However, it would be hilarious if Steve heard the news from Joshua or one of the precious elderly. 

My apologies, DrPusey!  I did not read it correctly. Thanks, Handmaiden of Dog, for pointing that out.  Steve is probably fuming!!

Also, sorry if I did not give proper credit. I am on hour seven of an eight hour car ride and.....:56247953c05d2_32(6)::56247956409be_32(13)::562479569aefe_32(14):I am all kinds of loopy. 

We've also seen them baking sweet breads for gifts while caroling.

And dipping Ritz crackers into melted peppermint-flavored chocolate to make knock-off Girl Scout Thin Mints.

And dipping Ritz crackers into melted peppermint-flavored chocolate to make knock-off Girl Scout Thin Mints.

Oh man...I hadn't heard this one and it's quite possibly the saddest thing I've ever heard.  A life of celibate singlehood, living in your parents house...and no Thin Mints.  Damn, Steve, you're a monster.  :tw_cold_sweat:

I'm surprised the "girls" haven't written a cookbook. It would keep them all busy. Anna can compile the recipes. Mary and Anna can prepare them. Sarah can photograph, Mary can add  illistrations.

I'm not sure how well it would sell as I have a hunch many of the recipe askers are snarkers....

I think the askers are all my boyfriend John Hugh.

The title of that post is a bit misleading. Anna didn't really write anything about the baby. Oh, they are blessed and everyone is thrilled of course but nothing about the baby.  I am guessing they are life from ejaculation people, but this little person will be incorporated into the family borg just like the others, so no hoping this one will have dark hair or enjoy spicy food like his/her mum or anything.  Noooo. Whatever the lord delivers then just another of the kids, ho hum on to the next one. 

I will say Anna-Marie is one extremely pretty lady. 

AnnaM Is my favorite Maxwell.  I feel like she is just bursting with untapped potential, I adore all the ways it slips out.  Most of us knew immediately that none of our usual suspects came up with the photo idea.  Of course it was Anna, she's creative and innovative.  If she were allowed I'v little doubt she'd have the most lucrative business in the family.

AnnaM Is my favorite Maxwell.  I feel like she is just bursting with untapped potential, I adore all the ways it slips out.  Most of us knew immediately that none of our usual suspects came up with the photo idea.  Of course it was Anna, she's creative and innovative.  If she were allowed I'v little doubt she'd have the most lucrative business in the family.

Before she was married, she had her own business making and selling goats' milk soap.  She and her brothers rented stalls at farmer's markets where they sold plants from their farm and she sold her soap.  Of course, she had to leave that all behind when she moved onto the compound.  Hopefully she still makes her own soap for her family to enjoy since homemade soap is really nice to have and use.

AnnaM Is my favorite Maxwell. 

Me three! She's the only one who not only noticed that Sarah is miserable but tried to do something about it by throwing a party for her.

As for the other Maxwells, I keep thinking of Jesse's "tribute" to Sarah: she helps out when I need her, and she's a good picture-taker. In other words, she's functional to him, a tool, barely a person.

NRAnna will be my favorite Maxwell when she wakes up and realizes that there's so much more to life than being a Maxwell, married to the family's biggest prig. I hope she separates herself and her kids from the Collective, sets up a cozy, loving home, lets her talents shine and follows her dreams. Until then, I just feel sorry for her.

I wonder- when Christopher and OfChristopher have umpteen million kids that can't be fed on his shitty salary- will she be allowed to go back to making soap and selling it? She could make it while the aunties play with the kids and they could sell it altogether at farmers markets on the weekend. Every purchase comes with a free tract! 

It kind of did come with a free tract. http://www.hamiltonfamilyfarms.com/Soap.html

Why Soap Making?
I delight in homemaking activities and was intrigued by soap making, so after some research and with advice gathered from friends, I began making soap for our family. Since beginning, I became convinced of the moisturizing benefits found in goat milk soap and began been offering it for sale at the Port Orchard Farmer’s Market in 2006.

Thoughts on Cleansing
One day while stirring a batch of soap, I had some thoughts that I would like to share with you. May I?

We use soap because we realize that we are dirty and need cleansing, and know that we need soap and water to be clean. Similarly, the psalmist David, whom God calls “a man after His own heart,” (1 Samuel 13:14) saw a need for his heart to be cleansed from sin when he penned, “Wash me throughly from mine iniquity, and cleanse me from my sin.” (Psalms 51:2)

What about you? Is your heart clean before God? Have you ever lied, even once? Or have you ever stolen anything (the value is irrelevant)? Have you ever had hateful thoughts toward another person? Jesus said that hating someone is like murdering them in your heart. (Matthew 5:21-22) If you said yes to the above questions, you are by your own admission a lying, thieving, murderer at heart; and that is how God sees you. Will you be innocent or guilty on the Day of Judgment? If guilty, you are deserving of hell, a place of torment and eternal separation from God.

Please listen to your conscience, and don’t allow yourself to be fooled into the common notion that God will overlook your sins because you do good things and you try to do what is right. God says that all our righteousness is in His eyes as filthiness (Psalms 53:3; Isaiah 64:6). Our perceived “goodness” is nothing to place our hope of salvation in! Think of it this way: If you were charged with a crime and were to stand before a judge, do you think that you could escape your deserved punishment by telling the judge you knew he was a good person and would forgive you? Of course not! Because he is good, he will see to it that you receive the punishment you deserve. In the same way, God, the Judge of the universe, will not overlook your sin, because of His goodness. He must punish liars, thieves, murderers, etc. “But the fearful, and unbelieving, and the abominable , and murderers, and whoremongers, and sorcerers, and idolaters, and all liars, shall have their part in the lake which burneth with fire and brimstone: which is the second death” (Rev. 21:8).

Achieving True Cleanliness
Suppose that you are found guilty of very serious crimes and your fine is $250,000 or imprisonment, but your funds would in no way meet the demand. The judge is about to pass sentence, when someone you don’t even know steps up to the judge and pays your fine for you. That is exactly what Jesus did about 2000 years ago, when He took your punishment upon Himself, suffering and dying for your sin. Then He rose from the dead, defeating death, so that you could have eternal life with Him. “But God commendeth his love toward us, in that, while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us. Much more then, being now justified by his blood, we shall be saved from wrath through him. For if, when we were enemies, we were reconciled to God by the death of his Son, much more, being reconciled, we shall be saved by his life.” (Rom. 5:8-10)

It is only by repenting of your sin and placing your full trust in Jesus Christ that you can be cleansed from your sins and receive the gift of eternal life. “If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness.” (1 John 1:9) Please don’t wait another day-- it may be too late, “for ye know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh.” (Matthew 25:13) Then feast on the holy, inspired Word of God, the Bible; and as you rely upon Him, He will give you the strength to obey what you read.

Thank you for taking the time to read this. I pray that you experience the cleansing which only comes through Jesus.

Because of Christ,
~Anna
Handcrafted Goat Milk Soap
Home | Soap | Blog | Contact

I like what I can see of Anna but she was always a good match for Christopher, fundie-wise.

I don't think I've ever seen Girl Scouts, let alone their cookies.  They don't grow around here.

Oh man...I hadn't heard this one and it's quite possibly the saddest thing I've ever heard.  A life of celibate singlehood, living in your parents house...and no Thin Mints.  

Hey, I resemble that remark. :P

You know what should be in the Bible? Thou shall not attempt knock off Thin Mints with Ritz crackers! 

That's disgusting! 

I don't think I've ever seen Girl Scouts, let alone their cookies.  They don't grow around here.

Not sure if serious...

If the Maxhells don't want to buy gs cookies, why don't they just buy these, like anyone else can?

If the Maxhells don't want to buy gs cookies, why don't they just buy these, like anyone else can?

Because elves are as sinful as bunnies and father Christmas!

Not sure if serious...

I also suspect that a good part of it is keeping the stay-at-home-daughters busy with something...anything.  

Or they might be using a better quality of chocolate.  GS cookies were just so-so back in the day but now they are downright awful, and I'm not a big fan of the Keebler products either-- I think the chocolate is really "chocolate product" made with synthetic material. Ritz crackers dipped in good quality chocolate sounds absolutely scrumptious!  Before I went low carb I used to enrobe Lays potato chips with chocolate and that was a hugely popular snack at Christmas.

Have none of you ever eaten pretzels in chocolate? 

Or they might be using a better quality of chocolate.  GS cookies were just so-so back in the day but now they are downright awful, and I'm not a big fan of the Keebler products either-- I think the chocolate is really "chocolate product" made with synthetic material. Ritz crackers dipped in good quality chocolate sounds absolutely scrumptious!  Before I went low carb I used to enrobe Lays potato chips with chocolate and that was a hugely popular snack at Christmas.

Have none of you ever eaten pretzels in chocolate? 

I love chocolate pretzels and chocolate potato chips. But I don't get how a Ritz cracker dipped in chocolate is anything like a Thin Mint.

I'm glad to hear other people think the quality has declined too- I thought my taste had just changed as I grew older.

I love chocolate pretzels and chocolate potato chips. But I don't get how a Ritz cracker dipped in chocolate is anything like a Thin Mint.

I'm glad to hear other people think the quality has declined too- I thought my taste had just changed as I grew older.

Man, as a Brit all I know about Girl Scout cookies is what I've gleaned from Friends, mostly that Monica loved them. Guides (the British equivalent of Scouts) don't do anything like that, even though the junior section is called Brownies. (They should really exploit that). I've never been a fan of mint chocolate, I think I had one mint choc chip ice cream as a kid and hated it. Mint in confectionery reminds me too much of toothpaste. 

I once dipped Jersey Caramels in chocolate.  Not just any chocolate, but Lindt chili chocolate.

Tagalongs are still good, but that just might be my undying love of Tagalongs talking. And the fact that I like to put them in the fridge so they're nice and cold.

Also, Oreos dipped in good chocolate. I went through a whole box once, to my everlasting shame. My only criticism of the product: they were the clearly inferior Single Stuf Oreo. If someone could make chocolate-dipped Double Stuf (or Triple Stuf) Oreos (and magically make them zero calories), I would become the head of the Nobel Prize committee just so I could award them a Nobel Prize for making the world a happier place.

Archived