IGNORED

Maxwells hang out with the elderly

SPHASH

I've seen various shenangians of the Maxwell but don't know their philosophy or family history that well but has anyone ever asked on their website Why Sarah still lives at home when she is 35 (is she?)and able bodied? Has he given a response? Has anyone asked why he hasn't found her a man? Doesn't he want his family to grow?

Here you go! There are also posts on why they don't want to go to college, etc., etc. There's an answer for everything.

http://articles.titus2.com/older-daughters-living-at-home/

ETA: Why Anna doesn't want to go to college.

http://blog.titus2.com/2011/01/08/am-i-going-to-college/

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm 35 & I live at home. However, I have my own pet sitting business. I always work or (when the economy was bad) activity searched for work. If I were to move out of my parents house I would have be local because my clients are local to where I live now. 

I know of 2 girls (identical twins) who have 7 kids between them. They both along with their kids moved back into their mother's house.  The girls have no skills & I don't think they ever had a job. 

Here you go! There are also posts on why they don't want to go to college, etc., etc. There's an answer for everything.

http://articles.titus2.com/older-daughters-living-at-home/

ETA: Why Anna doesn't want to go to college.

http://blog.titus2.com/2011/01/08/am-i-going-to-college/

Wow this is the biggest stretch of B.S ive ever read. I thought I recall Sarah being excited when Steve had male guests over because she thought one of them could be the one but he never approved.

I'm 35 & I live at home. However, I have my own pet sitting business. I always work or (when the economy was bad) activity searched for work. If I were to move out of my parents house I would have be local because my clients are local to where I live now. 

I know of 2 girls (identical twins) who have 7 kids between them. They both along with their kids moved back into their mother's house.  The girls have no skills & I don't think they ever had a job. 

Yes, but you don't "choose" to share a bedroom with your two sisters, one of whom is (theoretically) young enough to be your daughter. The Maxwell girls don't even have a space to call their own. But good gosh, that's the BEST. THING. EVAR! Because who knows what ungodly things they might do if left alone if their own personal space. 

Looks like the T2 bio blurbs aren't the only updates in Maxwell land. Daddy dearest has inserted himself into Joe and Jesse's Swift Otter venture and brought Chris along for the ride.

It is sad that Chris wanted to be an EMT and Jesse wanted to be a missionary but Steve has them playing second fiddle to smug Joseph.

@Curious   @twin2   re:the earlier thread about the multiple Maxwell threads.  Would you please consider adding something to this thread title like "plus new Maxwell IT business" (or something amusing that I cannot think of right now!) so that we can alert people to the new gossip without starting yet another thread?  Thanks for considering this :)

ETA:  In related snark, I am surprised Swift Otter has not done something to make over Chris's appalling photography website.  It is a joke that he plans to make a profit from web development when his own online house is not in order.

http://www.christophermaxwell.com/

He has an entire page extolling the virtues of digital photography and his  professional 6 megapixel camera. 

Also, I love the link from there to the domain that he hopes (by a very long-winded spiel) to sell on to a lucky Californian company! :my_shy:

http://www.californiaweddingphotography.com/

California Wedding Photography

**UPDATE: This domain is available for sale. If you are interested, please contact me: e-mail . 

I'm a photographer based in Kansas who initially secured this web site name with the idea of setting up a directory of California Wedding Photographers. It seems like most directories of photographers these days allow any photographer to pay for the top "featured" listing, and the photographers are not ranked by skill or user satisfaction. I wanted to set up a site that would rank photographers by skill and user satisfaction.

However, several things were a concern in setting up such a site:

Wedding photography is a very subjective art (what looks good to one person may not look good to another)
Professional photographers who aren't top notch (and again - it would be a subjective determination) would be upset about not being in the listings

So, I've instead decided to sell this domain name. The web site is currently featuring generic information about California Wedding Photography.

Oh Christopher, how would you recognise  a "top notch" photographer in a million years??? ;) 

Yes, but you don't "choose" to share a bedroom with your two sisters, one of whom is (theoretically) young enough to be your daughter. The Maxwell girls don't even have a space to call their own. But good gosh, that's the BEST. THING. EVAR! Because who knows what ungodly things they might do if left alone if their own personal space. 

This is VERY true. I never had to share a room!!  

Seriously, I just had to chime in with the same sentiment.  I recall a classmate (ages and ages ago), a sort of fundie-lite gal, saying how cute the elderly are.  It's that condescending tone and dehumanizing statement that annoys the living hell out of me.  I know she thought she was being nice, but I told her that I will do my best to drop kick anyone who calls me cute or baby-talks me in my later years.  Nope.  Get off my retirement home lawn Maxwells.

And when your cane snaps while you're beating her over her head I'll come and finish the job. Don't call me a grandmother (I'm not), or use any term of endearment, not cute, not sweet, not little, not precious.

Seriously, I just had to chime in with the same sentiment.  I recall a classmate (ages and ages ago), a sort of fundie-lite gal, saying how cute the elderly are.  It's that condescending tone and dehumanizing statement that annoys the living hell out of me.  I know she thought she was being nice, but I told her that I will do my best to drop kick anyone who calls me cute or baby-talks me in my later years.  Nope.  Get off my retirement home lawn Maxwells.

THIS!!! My grandmother absolutely hated when the caretakers that helped us at home acted like that, she was legit pissed off at them and would tells us (family members) that it was extremely annoying and they needed to f off. 

I was just looking through the titus2 blog posts on the nursing home, and saw this comment which is so sad.

I can sort of understand wanting to protect the little ones, but why take them along if you are so worried about germs?!  

How fucking awful to use these people as an excuse for not belonging to a real church and then set up a rule that since some "elderly" have infections, then all the "elderly" are forbidden to touch the children that have been brought to run around the actual HOME that belongs to the residents, and not to Steve.

Seriously. That explanation by Steve is so nasty and condescending. It's very revealing as to how he acts when he's ministering to the "elderly." 

And I agree with others that it's much more likely that little kids would pose a danger to older adults with weaker immune systems. 

Didn't the construction business website incude the Maxwell family home in its portfolio?! :)

It is interesting that Joseph is the golden child leading the business. I wonder if Christopher and Nathan resent being superceded by a reversal boy in the family business.

I will laugh hard if this business fails too, and the manly men all have to work for rebel John's irrigation company. :D

Maybe Chris is since he can't seem to get anything going, but I'm guessing Nathan is happy to have his own thing outside of the family business. I'm sure he could be a part of the Otter if he wanted to be.

I really don't like the new pictures of Anna and Jesse. That chin on fist pose is just so corny and fake pretensious. It needs to go away. 

Also, interesting that they no longer put Mary's age on the website. They stopped a while ago with the older kids, but kept hers. I'm guessing they want to keep people thinking the kidults are younger than they really are. 

Also it would look kind of bad for their homeschooling to say, "Mary, 19, just graduated." They probably don't want to advertise that they artificially held her back.

With the black shirts, the staring eyes, and Jesse's fists, they look like a bunch of wannabe heavies: the Kansas City Mafia, at your service! :D

I wonder if this means that Nathan deliberately left the family business when the 1 ton ramp was dismantled?  Nathan was the original IT professional, who worked with Steve for a while, before Steve was let go from his real job.

I love that they have matching embroidered company shirts, that is hilarious! 

But those shirts don't even come close to Greg Haislip's attire ("I used to be gay, but Jesus set me free") or something like that--

I caught a little bit of The Barrets of Wimpole Street last night on TCM which is about the romance of the posts Elizabeth Barrett and Robert Browning and how her very controlling father tried to quash it. It's amazing that Steve is more controlling than Elizabeth's dad was.  She was at least able to become a renowned poet while she still lived at home unmarried and she was able to meet her great love, Robert Browning.  She wrote her dad a fuck-off note and eloped to Italy with Robert where they lived for the rest of their lives.  Oh, and she wrote a note to her sister Henrietta that she's taken her faithful Cocker Spaniel, Flush with her.  Her dad planned to kill Flush to get back at her.  It's bad when you appear worse that EBB's dad, but Steve does.

Also it would look kind of bad for their homeschooling to say, "Mary, 19, just graduated." They probably don't want to advertise that they artificially held her back.

Did they actually hold her back? I saw a Mom's Corner from September 2002 that talked about how they'd been homeschooling for 17 years, and that their youngest had just entered kindergarten. Mary was born August 1996, so by then would've been six. Normally she'd be going into first grade, right? And school takes 13 years. Then again, Mary might've caught up later, but was then held back to necessitate the 30 Years Homeschooling badge. IDK.

http://articles.titus2.com/seventeen-down-thirteen-to-go/

Mary worked through the summer vacation in 2012, supposedly to get ahead (I guess it was the time she realised she enjoyed hair and make-up, so the Lord revealed other more worthy plans for her.)

http://blog.titus2.com/2012/05/31/school-time/

SCHOOL TIME
This was posted on May 31, 2012 by Sarah.
Mary is working through the summer on school, not because she’s behind, but she’s ahead on her academics and working to graduate early.

By July 2014, they announced Mary had finished her outline of the bible, which is the traditional Maxwell graduation requirement, and was due to graduate by Fall.

PHOTOS FROM THURSDAY
This was posted on July 20, 2014 by Sarah.

We’re on our way home after a great weekend conference. Thursday’s drive went well. One exciting bit of news: Mary finished outlining the Bible! Outlining the Bible is part of her high school graduation requirements, and she’s been diligently working on it for quite some time.  It was awesome to see her complete it that afternoon. Good job, Mary!

Katie says:
July 20, 2014 at 4:06 pm
Good for you, Mary! That’s so exciting! Do you know when you will graduate then?
—–
She still has a bit more to accomplish but it should be this fall!

Then, apparently they decided to hold her back a year for no reason except that it would eke out Teri's career to 30 years of homeschool, which would give a nice round figure for their marketing blurb.

CELEBRATING! MARY MAXWELL’S GRADUATION
This was posted on March 12, 2015 by Sarah.
I’m so excited to share with you that Mary is graduating from high school. Tomorrow night, we celebrate Mary’s graduation. Our family started homeschooling in 1985, so my parents, Steve and Teri, homeschooled for 30 years!

Ultimately, Teri, no-one gives a shit how long you homeschooled. None of your children actually have a decent education. :naughty: 

"I am going to homeschool the boys this year and maybe a few more if this works out. I can hear the silent pause at your end now—you literally can’t believe that last sentence. From anyone but me perhaps, but not Teri—not the Teri who often questions whether she loves her kids, who can’t stand to be around her boys’ fussing, who has such emotional downs and doesn’t think she is mother material."

Damn, Teri, that's harsh. Instead of homeschooling, she probably needed a good therapist. 

"A major reason we are doing this is to give them more time to pursue their interests. There won’t be time for everything, but now there is time for none."

Funny how they are supposed to pursue their interests but Steve says you aren't really homeschooling if you leave the house at all. Maxwells, there are some interests that lie outside your property borders. 

Ah, never mind, by "interests" I'm sure she just meant "Bible time".

The new extended family photo seems to be too far away.... i would have zoomed in and cut out more of the background on the sides and so their faces were easier to see. 

I sort of love that the Pleasant Hill website includes this http://pleasanthillgrain.com/watermelon-pumpkin-tapping-kit

Use this kit to turn an everyday watermelon or pumpkin into a drink dispensing keg. Great at barbecues, picnics and other occasions. This shank and faucet combo is easily installed into a standard, hollowed out watermelon or pumpkin and will provide hassle-free dispensing for all your premium cocktail creations

As for the shirts, this is probably another thing related to Steve leaving corporate America in 97---tech companies had shirts like that around then-- conferences often had a flock of tech sales people showing up in shirts similar to those with the logo/company name embroidered on them.  I have several, both a heavy twill like that, and later more feminine styled shirts, and maybe around here would be an embroidered polo or two. We used them for conferences and training, but I haven't had one made for anyone at our company since 05.... at the latest.

As far as being a family business   not always a selling point. 

I always wonder the same thing.  I can't help but think that Steve starting doing a nursing home church because they can be very variable & easily influenced. 

I always wonder the same thing.  I can't help but think that Steve starting doing a nursing home church because they can be very variable & easily influenced. 

And some of them quite literally can't escape his "preaching" - the Maxwell kids wheel them in then they're stuck there til they are assisted back out.

If Sarah were to just move down the street after marriage, I think she'd be fine. She'd make a schedule and stick to it. She could still hang out with her family very often.

If she would move across the country (or to Africa!) it'd be much more difficult. Would she know how to navigate a new city by herself? If she didn't have a bunch of in-laws as automatic friends, who would she hang out with? Would she be ok with spending the whole day by herself while hubby is at work?

After reading "Keeping Our Children's Hearts," I'm not so sure.  They are taught from a very young age that they are not to be trusted with any decision.  Sarah is quoted as saying that she's grateful for the protection of her parents, because who knows what horrible things she would have done if she had been left to her own devices.  For the boys, it's made clear that they aren't making decisions just until they marry, and then they are to make all of the decisions.  For girls, it's more like they aren't to ever be trusted ever - first they are under Steve's leadership, then under their husband's.  Unless her hypothetical new husband is willing to be 100% control, 100% of the time, I think she will not handle it well.  She's been told her whole life that she is rotten inside and needs somebody looking over her or that rotten will come out.  With a husband who even lets her have a little bit of control (what to make for dinner, what kind of clothing to have the kids wear), it could be traumatic.

Archived