IGNORED

Maxwells hang out with the elderly

SPHASH

• Replies 150
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Steve is still fasting but they all had pumpkin desserts!  Go Maxwells! :pizza:

I love the photo where Christina and "the elderly" appear to be glaring at each other,  possibly over who is getting the one cupcake left on the able. :)

Pumpkin cupcakes sound like a good idea.  I wonder if "the elderly" would prefer what one facility I toured does on Friday night - happy hour!  Drinks and dancing for the residents might be more fun than cupcakes after Bible time with the Maxwells. 

Maybe someone passes round a hipflask before the Death Bus pulls up outside. :beer:

I laughed WAY too hard at this. 

Maybe someone passes round a hipflask before the Death Bus pulls up outside. :beer:

Or requests the good cough syrup, the one with alcohol as an ingredient.

I just screamed irl. :pb_lol:

I think it is residential, not a nursing facility, so it is reasonable to assume that most people are there for social care and will mostly not be restricted in their choices about alcohol and suchlike.

I like to think that when I am 80, I will be passing round Fundie Bullshit Bingo Cards in advance of attending any Maxwellesque social event. With extra points for any food-related words that can be fitted into conversation with the obsessional fasting minister. :burger: :popcorn: :doughnut:

I assume that the elderly feel that cute children is fun enough to stand the rest of them. The children do look happy and lively so I think they seem to like it at least. I do like the idea of a flask being passed around before they arrive though...

It makes me stabby every time they refer to the residents as "the elderly." 

Christina is a dead ringer for Nathan. 

I wonder how the Maxwells have such a lock down on "the elderly"? Are there any other groups coming in to minister to these poor souls? What do we think a Steve Sermon for The Old & Trappedtm  might sound like? Best guess wins a puppy and a nail polish!

It makes me stabby every time they refer to the residents as "the elderly." 

Christina is a dead ringer for Nathan. 

You and me both, it is almost like they see them as pets and not people.

@nelliebelle1197, didn't someone on here report on Steve faux-crying 5 times at one conference? I may be mis-remembering or exaggerating - that is a side-effect of binge-reading about religious crazyness, but I imagine Steve almost certainly cries for the elderly when asking them where they will go if they die tonight.

I wonder if "the elderly" keep snuff  ( or more modern alternatives) in their handkerchiefs to help them along when the opportunity for a counter-cry presents itself. ;)

Christina looks like a real character.  I can see why she was not chosen to be cover girl of Stifling Their Hearts.  She has far too much personality to represent the cult.

Run Christina, run!

Christina looks like a real character.  I can see why she was not chosen to be cover girl of Stifling Their Hearts.  She has far too much personality to represent the cult.

Run Christina, run!

Yep. They seem to have "tamed" Abby and Bethany but Tina seems super spunky.. I hope she stays that way forever and make a run to her maternal family, at least she has somewhere to run unlike Christopher's kids.

I hope the filter between my brain and my mouth will be completely dissolved by the time I get to my 80s. That way I will truly enjoy visits from ministerial families visiting at my residential home. And by "enjoy" I mean "heckle". But hey, pumpkin cupcakes! 

Yep. They seem to have "tamed" Abby and Bethany but Tina seems super spunky.. I hope she stays that way forever and make a run to her maternal family, at least she has somewhere to run unlike Christopher's kids.

Speaking of Chris, I noticed he,  John, Jesse, Joe, Elissa, Calia, Melanie were all absent.

Maybe they were holding an emergency meeting at home to discuss What To Do About Steve, while the others took him to the decoy "thankful, even without games" session wth the elderly.

A girl can dream. :my_biggrin:

I noticed that Anna Marie dressed Ruthanne to match her outfit. Both are wearing orange long sleeve shirts and denim jumpers. I love the look that Ruthanne gives Tina when Tina is holding her hand and Anna is holding both of them. I am surprised that Joshua did not perform. Doesn't he usually perform with his father? I agree with the other posters about Tina. She does seem super spunky. I love that she is featured in most of the photos. Lydia was there, but there is no photo of her face. Joe, Elissa and baby are missing in action. Mary is too young to be wearing those shoes. My coworkers in their 60s wear them. Were John and Jesse also missing?    

It is very strange that they were all on "business" on a Friday evening, seeing as all their businesses seem to be going down the pan.

Speaking of Chris, I noticed he,  John, Jesse, Joe, Elissa, Calia, Melanie were all absent.

That's true. John is quite absent lately.

Archived