IGNORED

Mortons are back from Paraguay...

picklepizzas

...With an explosion of pictures on Jeanine's account (which is public)! It looks like the main clan is back - no sign of Wesley's family, so they may have stayed in Paraguay. 

https://www.instagram.com/michaels_jeanine/?hl=en

They arrived just in time for the birth of Darthy's #3 son, Edwin. 

I wonder if they're back for good or just for the wedding? 

• Replies 372
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Andrew and Kennedy's wedding? When is it??

40 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Andrew and Kennedy's wedding? When is it??

Those 2 are already married and expecting.  I think it's Sam and Alyssa Campana next in a few weeks.  Not sure if he's 18 yet but that doesn't seem to stop them.

Is Addie married now? Or just courting? Her IG account is private but I thought I saw a profile picture with her in physical contact with a young man.

Wow! Martha and Tayte's new home is beautiful! The barns are so picturesque. Wonder what they plan to keep in them? I was curious as to whether she'd moved recently. She posted an Instagram pic a week ago or so that showed her scraping old wallpaper off of a wall with antique trim moldings. The pics of Papa Morton holding Zandry (ugh that name) were taken in the trailer, though. I guess they are still transitioning between the two properties.

Jeanine really seems to be enjoying social media all of the sudden. Hopefully, Addie will update the blog soon with some new tidbits. It's also interesting that the Morton clan were in two different parts of Paraguay. Jeanine mentions "meeting up" with Sam, so I guess he has his own homestead going, and he and Alyssa won't be living with his parents after their marriage. This return to the states is timed conveniently for their wedding. Isn't it the 26th?  I guess Sam and Alyssa will be gettin' hitched in Georgia after all.

21 minutes ago, JillyO said:

Wait... Who is Jeanine? This family is too damn big!!

She's the Morton matriarch, mother of 12(?) and grandmother of zillions.

... and "Gianavel"? Where are they getting these names?

8 hours ago, darkplumaged said:

She's the Morton matriarch, mother of 12(?) and grandmother of zillions.

Huh. Interesting. Thanks for the answer. Guess I never knew the Morton mom's name. Ha!

So it appears that Sam visited Paraguay for just a few days, but didn't travel out to their compound or whatever in the Chaco? And then the Mortons, minus Rachel and Wes, turned around and headed back to the US. Odd that he would fly out for a short visit just to go right back.

Martha is in Indiana now, it looks like.

14 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Is Addie married now? Or just courting? Her IG account is private but I thought I saw a profile picture with her in physical contact with a young man.

She's definitely not married, and from what I can tell on social media doesn't look to be courting anyone. Although that's not to say they aren't hiding it. I'm not sure who she would be courting, though, since she's been down in Paraguay for a couple of months. It would certainly be interesting if she met someone Fundie Approved down there!  

30 minutes ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

So it appears that Sam visited Paraguay for just a few days, but didn't travel out to their compound or whatever in the Chaco? And then the Mortons, minus Rachel and Wes, turned around and headed back to the US. Odd that he would fly out for a short visit just to go right back.

Martha is in Indiana now, it looks like.

Maybe they're moving down there after the wedding and he was scouting houses. O_O

Sam has visited Paraguay several times since the Morton Migration began, though he has continued working in construction with his brothers in the states. It's hard to piece together with what they've shared on social media, but it does seem odd for him to visit Paraguay repeatedly if he's supposed to be preparing a home for Alyssa in Georgia.

• 4 weeks later...

Alyssa Campana and Samuel Morton got married yesterday.  No pictures of the couple yet, but from some of the bridesmaid selfies, it definitely happened. Addie was a bridesmaid.  I thought it was interesting to see, per a bridesmaid's IG post, that Sam and Alyssa will apparently not be joining the family in Paraguay. 

Alyssa looked absolutely beautiful, and the bridesmaids are lovely. I wish Alyssa and Sam all the best.

It's so interesting to see this recent crop of Morton nuptials compared to those of the past. Narry a mounted horseman, foot-washing ceremony, bride-price, or honor guard to be seen.  

(Pic is from a public Instagram account.)

campmort wed.jpg

Lovely bridesmaids, and those dresses actually look like they were purchased or made in the 21st century.

Except they all look like they should be going to the prom not getting married!  Too young to be married and no doubt pregnant shortly....

On March 27, 2016 at 3:36 PM, hoipolloi said:

Lovely bridesmaids, and those dresses actually look like they were purchased or made in the 21st century.

On March 27, 2016 at 2:08 PM, SolomonFundy said:

Alyssa looked absolutely beautiful, and the bridesmaids are lovely. I wish Alyssa and Sam all the best.

It's so interesting to see this recent crop of Morton nuptials compared to those of the past. Narry a mounted horseman, foot-washing ceremony, bride-price, or honor guard to be seen.  

(Pic is from a public Instagram account.)

campmort wed.jpg

Her dress appears to be strapless, even! I wonder if the older generation of Morton brides ever get a little jealous watching the comparatively super normal weddings of the younger crew? I mean the Katie/Alan wedding looked like something straight out of a renaissance fair.  

1 hour ago, picklepizzas said:

Her dress appears to be strapless, even! I wonder if the older generation of Morton brides ever get a little jealous watching the comparatively super normal weddings of the younger crew? I mean the Katie/Alan wedding looked like something straight out of a renaissance fair.  

I think it's a halter top, but they don't have a ton of pics up so who knows. It's definitely very pretty! There are a lot of good-looking folks in the Mortons' circle, huh?

Granted, neither of these pictures shows the full neck/bodice area, but I don't think that this dress is a halter-style. Mainly because the cups of the bodice have finished points that have nothing attached. In 99 out of 100 halter dresses, that's where the neck strap would originate from. But between the picture I posted before, the uninterrupted shoulder area of the B&W shot, and the lack of any material visible above the neckline in the car shot, I think we can see almost every place that a strap could hide.

It COULD still be hidden by her hair in every shot, but if it is, that's one teeny strap. The bridesmaid shot made me think that the dress had an illusion neckline with a sleeveless thing going on, but neither of the newer pics has any sign of a shoulder seam or netting. 

I hope someone posts more pics (these are all from public Instagram accounts, and pickins are slim), but this is one of my favorite Morton weddings yet. Part of me would have been delighted to see Alyssa in a hoopskirt and girdle with Sam wearing a suit of armor, driving a team of oxen to the reception site, but the larger part of me is happy to see that (regardless of her upbringing and the road ahead), she's been raised in a way that permits this level of self-expression and modern taste. She's the first of the Campana girls to marry, so if anything, their standards may relax a bit with the subsequent marriages.

mortcamp2.jpg

mortcamp3.jpg

1. Alyssa looks lovely and genuinely happy.

2. Put her on the Upcoming Babies -list. In a true Morton fashion, she gotta be pregnant by now. So much for living a little before the breeding begins.

3. I just love how their hashtag #samandalyssa also leads to a very happy looking gay couple. Hope oh-so-wonderful Pa Morton & equally lovely anti-everything Pa Campana see that  :twisted:

4. Photography isn't one of Martha Morton's strenghts.

15 hours ago, NachosFlandersStyle said:

I think it's a halter top, but they don't have a ton of pics up so who knows. It's definitely very pretty! There are a lot of good-looking folks in the Mortons' circle, huh?

JRod needs to take a look at these pictures so she can see what good fundie makeup and hair styling looks like.

22 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

JRod needs to take a look at these pictures so she can see what good fundie makeup and hair styling looks like.

Actually, if you look closely at the photo, you can see that Jill was at the wedding and helped the girls with their makeup. 

8nAZ0xU.jpg

6 minutes ago, ladyamylynn said:

you can see that Jill was at the wedding and helped the girls with their makeup. 

at least that shade of green nearly matches the flower leaves ;)

14 hours ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

4. Photography isn't one of Martha Morton's strenghts.

I am starting to wonder if Martha knows which end of the camera has the lens. Half of the pictures on her instagram look as if they were taken underwater with a potato.

Frankly, if you base judgement off of instagram alone, Martha doesn't really seem to be "all there". Her pictures are odd, badly out of focus much of the time, and seem like strange choices for public social media. Then there's the baby picture captions. The only two choices seem to be "sleepy girl" or "she's so fun", regardless of what that tragically named child is doing at any given time.

As time has gone one, I've come to realize just how different Addie is from the other girls in the family. Dorothy is still kind of an unknown quantity, but both Martha and Katie seem to function at a much simpler level. Addie's vivid and enthusiastic prose over the years has made her sisters seem a lot more vibrant than they possibly are.

I'm thinking the exact same thing. There was a really bad, depressive time in my past where I watched the WHOLE horrific video of Katie Morton Smith and her Daddy rambling about childbirth, the pain it contains and so on. She appeared a bit "slow" to me. I have the same impression with Martha. You cannot really say much about Dorothy indeed, but I somehow have a feeling that she is just more introvert or shy.

Does anybody have the same presumptions about the boys?

AND can anybody provide the link to the above mentioned video? I can't find it on youtube anymore.

Archived