IGNORED

Law and Order: Duggars

Kira

@ksgranola1 - public figures have a very low expectation of privacy in the law.  If they didn't want their dirty laundry fictionalized on TV, they should have kept their wacky BS pseudo-religious fuckery to themselves.

I just hope that L&O does not do a mix up with the Colt family... and have the mom infertile so each daughter has to birth a sibling-offspring.

:brainbleach:

Well, that was a disgusting rabbit hole I just went down. I feel like I need to shower again today. Eek.

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well, that was a disgusting rabbit hole I just went down. I feel like I need to shower again today. Eek.

Same here.:brainbleach:

I've set my DVR for tonight. I have a 6:25 am flight in the morning, so I can't watch it live. Even if I didn't have a flight tomorrow I'd still have to record it. I get up way too early to go to bed at 10 pm. 

We discussed the Colt family a while back.  Colt is a pseudonym for an extended Australian family, living near MossVale, NSW, who make the Duggars problem with Josh being touchy feely look insignificant.  Google Colt family Australia.  I promise you, you will be squirming, it's so awful.  

Here's a link for anyone who doesn't feel like eating any time soon.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/secluded-hills-hid-a-familys-darkest-secret-20131206-2ywps.html

I'll just add that the SMH is a reputable newspaper, not a trashy tabloid.

Yep, that's when I learned about them.

She is accepting an award for something tonight so she won't be around for a live recap. Not sure if she's planning to do one later or not.

@zadie  and I will be doing a recap. Zadie is going to start and when I get back from class I will pick it up. @buzzard said she will give her law opinion when she gets back from her awards ceremony thing.

I am not as creative as Buzzard so lower your expectations on the snark but I will do a recap for everyone that can't see it when it airs at 9 EST. :)

@zadie  and I will be doing a recap. Zadie is going to start and when I get back from class I will pick it up. @buzzard said she will give her law opinion when she gets back from her awards ceremony thing.

I am not as creative as Buzzard so lower your expectations on the snark but I will do a recap for everyone that can't see it when it airs at 9 EST. :)

That's great!! :my_smile: Thank you guys so much. Just out of curiosity, have you watched this show before?

That's great!! :my_smile: Thank you guys so much. Just out of curiosity, have you watched this show before?

I used to watch it all the time but haven't watched it much in the last couple years.

I did catch a couple episodes in the last month so I know Olivia is now the head honcho.

I just hope that L&O does not do a mix up with the Colt family... and have the mom infertile so each daughter has to birth a sibling-offspring.

:brainbleach:

I'm pretty sure they already did an episode with a family doing something similar on one of the Law and Order series. It used to play on USA in the afternoons about once a week a few years back. 

I used to watch it ALL the time, so I may add my perspective too.  I type  very slowly though, so live  recapping not  really  my thing . But I'm good at being snarky.:)

I am super sick (sore throat, neck pain at about a 5, and an itchy full-body rash with joint pain), but I'm still going to watch it! Might have to see it again, though, in case I miss things from the first time around.

We discussed the Colt family a while back.  Colt is a pseudonym for an extended Australian family, living near MossVale, NSW, who make the Duggars problem with Josh being touchy feely look insignificant.  Google Colt family Australia.  I promise you, you will be squirming, it's so awful.  

Here's a link for anyone who doesn't feel like eating any time soon.

http://www.smh.com.au/nsw/secluded-hills-hid-a-familys-darkest-secret-20131206-2ywps.html

I'll just add that the SMH is a reputable newspaper, not a trashy tabloid.

Pardon the vulgarity, but holy fucking shit! This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever read. This is just as bad as the story of the girl in Germany (?) that was hidden away in the basement of her family home by her father; she was raped for years & ended up having 5-6 kids by him. (Sorry if I don't have all of the details correct; I'm reciting from memory after seeing a documentary about her a few years ago.) 

I hope that all of the victims can get the help they need and are able to recover as best as they can. 

While the world can be a truly beautiful place, at times it can be horrifically ugly. 

Wtf did I just read? Something tells me that newspaper article was the sugar coated version too. Brb vomiting. 

Wtf did I just read? Something tells me that newspaper article was the sugar coated version too. Brb vomiting. 

Ugh it is. The court papers go into more detail and is much worse

Pardon the vulgarity, but holy fucking shit! This is one of the most disgusting things I've ever read. This is just as bad as the story of the girl in Germany (?) that was hidden away in the basement of her family home by her father; she was raped for years & ended up having 5-6 kids by him. (Sorry if I don't have all of the details correct; I'm reciting from memory after seeing a documentary about her a few years ago.) 

I hope that all of the victims can get the help they need and are able to recover as best as they can. 

While the world can be a truly beautiful place, at times it can be horrifically ugly. 

Ugh the Fritzl story -- yeah, that one was pretty awful, too.

I'm sorry, this is just WRONG! And I hope the Duggars sue the pants off LAW & ORDER.

This is exploitation of the worst kind. This show did this about a murder in NY, too. It was still very fresh on all our minds,the gruesomeness, the grief, we lived it every day. And L&O dragged it all up again before the girl was cold in her grave. Plus, they screw  w/details & ppl watching will take it as fact. It's just wrong.

"Ripped from the headlines". Law and Order has always used topical subjects as fodder for shows. They've been doing it for what, 18 seasons? I'd say they're pretty hip to the whole "not getting sued" thing.

"In the criminal justice system, sexually-based offenses are considered especially heinous. In New York City, the dedicated detectives who investigate these vicious felonies are members of an elite squad called the Special Victims Unit. These are their stories."

Archived