IGNORED

Law and Order: Duggars

Kira

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Please say they all have hilarious names. 

I wonder if they will use a letter theme?

I would love it if Jessa has her baby before this show airs....names her kid something like Bertha or whatever. Then SVU airs and one of the characters is named Bertha.

I'm a fan of Law & Order SVU and I'm really looking forward to this episode. In case anyone is interested, here's a picture of the fake Duggars.

Bakers SVU.png

Gee the not JB looks like the real one. 

Who's the elder brother being played by?  Sort of looks like Will Poulter from We're the Millers but I don't believe that's him.

I'm wondering if the daughter on the right is going to be the one that's prego. She strikes me as Joy and she is more physically developed than her older sisters which could make her a target. Also I suspect the mom is pregnant given the number 13. mom and daughter pregnant at the same time gives a huge ick factor.

Maybe the mum's pregnant and they're counting that to get to 13, or ooooh maybe the mum's fake pregnant and planning on passing the daughter's baby off as her own! Or maybe I should watch fewer midday movies.

Maybe the mum's pregnant and they're counting that to get to 13, or ooooh maybe the mum's fake pregnant and planning on passing the daughter's baby off as her own! Or maybe I should watch fewer midday movies.

That's what i thought. Am I crazy too?

My mum grew up thinking her youngest aunt was the youngest of her grandparents large family.  Turns out she was the illegitimate child of one of the older daughters.  The identity of the mother was never confirmed, although everyone thinks they know which one it was.  It was a really sad story actually, and I suspect it happened a lot years ago - this was in the 1940s.  These days there's no major stigma on illegitimacy in normal society, but in a fundie family, I can see this still happening.

Given the summary it seems like they have two different options for the plot. Either the daughter is pregnant because she was assaulted by her brother (a Josh-like storyline), or she's pregnant because she was assaulted by a pastor (more of a Gothard-like storyline). I actually think they'll go with the second option because it gives them more of a legal out that they aren't just copying the Josh scandal, and because fewer people would know about the accusations against Gothard to connect the episode to that.

I love that its a slave holding the baby and not fake michelle.  My guess is that fake michelle is pregnant, giving them the baker's dozen, similar to how it was 19 kids AND COUNTING.  They'd add that blessing into the title the second the pee stick was dry.

So it appears that I am getting an award at the same time as the Law and Order episode so I'm out as far as a live recap.  I tried to reschedule it and told them why, they laughed at me... I'm hoping someone will step up in my place!  I can go through it again when I get back in town (next sunday) and discuss from an actual law enforcement position if you'd like.

Sorry!

#Buzzard I would love to get your law enforcement position after the fact.

I am familiar with SVU and Duggars. I am not as hilarious or snarky as Buzzard but I can do the recap (as long as 11 yo is done with her homework by 9 pm; which is the time I usually push her to bed).

I will do a "why this is all bullshit" post when I get back in town and can watch the episode.  Unlike the original L&O, the new stuff makes my brain hurt.

Here's what I know so far

• The family's last name is Baker.
  • The name of the 13 year-old daughter that gets pregnant is Lane. She's the one all the way on the right, right in front of the oldest brother.
  • The parent's names are Frank and Pam.

I wonder why they aged everyone up. Josh Duggar molested a 5 year old. Five years old! That is so messed up. But everyone here is older. Maybe Not!Josh has been at it for a while.

Not entirely sure why it's not letting me quote properly, but in answer to "why they aged everyone up:" Josh molested FIVE girls, not just the youngest. Also, it's really hard for a prepubescent girl to get pregnant. And, there's a very good chance that they aren't going with the "brother did it" twist. As stated above, they might be going with the "pastor did it." Heck, they might even go with "the father did it" or "the other child on the mission did it."

Here's what I know so far

• The family's last name is Baker.
  • The name of the 13 year-old daughter that gets pregnant is Lane. She's the one all the way on the right, right in front of the oldest brother.
  • The parent's names are Frank and Pam.

There are also sisters named Summer and Tymber, apparently.

I am going to guess that "Pastor Eldon" is the person who gets the 13 year old pregnant.

I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned that this episode airs on Jessa's birthday. Talk about irony. It'll be more ironic if she has her baby on that day.

Not entirely sure why it's not letting me quote properly, but in answer to "why they aged everyone up:" Josh molested FIVE girls, not just the youngest. Also, it's really hard for a prepubescent girl to get pregnant. And, there's a very good chance that they aren't going with the "brother did it" twist. As stated above, they might be going with the "pastor did it." Heck, they might even go with "the father did it" or "the other child on the mission did it."

I am thinking it may be " the father did it"  because of the title of the episode.  But it may turn out the brother is molesting the girls also, though it is the father or pastor who actually impregnates the girl.  We will see.

I am thinking it may be " the father did it"  because of the title of the episode.  But it may turn out the brother is molesting the girls also, though it is the father or pastor who actually impregnates the girl.  We will see.

:brainbleach:

So Yahoo just did a new summary of the episode:  

Law & Order: SVU is going for reality this week — reality television, that is.

The police drama’s latest “ripped from the headlines” case targets the Duggar sexual abuse scandal, which doomed the family’s TLC reality show, 19 Kids and Counting. In this exclusive sneak peek clip, a sordid secret tears apart the Bakers, a family with 13 children who star on a supposedly wholesome reality series.

The show-within-a-show is chronicling a “purity dance,” where teen girls are celebrated for waiting until marriage. Fifteen-year-old Summer proudly shows off the promise ring she got three years ago, while the adult Tymber gushes about having only kissed her husband.

But then their young sister Lane faints in her father’s arms, which will reveal the dark truth behind the Bakers’ sunny smiles — because it turns out she’s pregnant. And Detective Olivia Benson is on the case.

Law & Order: SVU airs Wednesdays at 9 p.m. on NBC.

Here is the link to the preview: https://www.yahoo.com/tv/39-law-order-svu-39-sneak-peek-1290936296218678.html

It starts at a purity ball. :ew: 

I'm kind of surprised no one has mentioned that this episode airs on Jessa's birthday. Talk about irony. It'll be more ironic if she has her baby on that day.

Guessing Mariska is not in the running for a baby girl.  ;)

They are being very careful not to parallel the Duggars at all, which is wise, of course.  But I am worried that in centering the story on a pregnancy, the episode may unintentionally support the notion that a little family molestation is not a big deal--nothing like impregnating an innocent 13 year old.

It might be a better plot if we don't think of the Duggars.  :my_shy:

I really hope the focus of the episode isn't just on this specific situation with the duggar thing as just a bit of ironic character/flavour, but rather on how this lifestyle sets women up to be victims.

Also how on earth would you pronounce "Tymber" is it like a tree falling?! I do like the reference to fundietastic kreative naming.

Archived