IGNORED

Law and Order: Duggars

Kira

• Replies 584
  • Created
  • Last Reply
L&O: SVU will take on the Duggars this season!!!!

http://www.eonline.com/news/705401/law- ... th-a-twist

Thanks for posting the link. Definitely worth watching, especially to see the twists and turns.

I see that the focus is going to be on the molestation hypocrisy, which still leaves a chance for another episode (a different family, of course?) about the adultery (I would like to see one that focuses on how quiverful-patriarchy affects the second generation daughters who may not have been molested but are victimized by husbands and told to stay sweet and stand by the adulterer.)

L&O: SVU will take on the Duggars this season!!!!

http://www.eonline.com/news/705401/law- ... th-a-twist

Not to derail or anything. . .

But we just saw Geneva Carr in the play, "Hand To God," on Broadway - and she is fucking fabulous!!!!!!!! This episode is going to be totally worth it just to see her in the horrible mother of too many kids role!

(Side note: Everyone here should go see "Hand To God" - seriously, it is one of the funniest and best put together plays I've ever seen!)

How freaking jazzed am I about this? My parents and Duggar snark BFF have been alerted to this newest update. I must set my DVR, grab a bowl of popcorn and a soda and get my comfy pj's ready. It's time to get this party started! #dontmesswitholiviabenson

:lol: That they could only make them a family of 10 because of how many guest stars they'd need!

I'm not sure how I feel about them making a sister pregnant. In Duggardom that would be all her fault.

This series has had some pretty good episodes that deal with the dangers of religious extremism in the past. I can't wait to see this and I really hope they chose to make a very strong statement. This show really has the potential to bring awareness to a lot of people who have little to no knowledge of the Duggars and Gothard.

Geneva Carr looks quite a bit like Michelle. In certain angles she'd be a dead ringer if it weren't for the good hair, unbaked skin, and decent clothes.

Why do I have the sinking feeling that as bothered as they will be by the molestation being the focus of a major network show that there will be a little part of Josh and Jim-Bob which will take this as validation of how important they are?

I don't believe shame cancels out ego for these people.

Why do I have the sinking feeling that as bothered as they will be by the molestation being the focus of a major network show that there will be a little part of Josh and Jim-Bob which will take this as validation of how important they are?

I don't believe shame cancels out ego for these people.

That's they beauty of their beliefs--no matter what happens, they're always right. Everything bad that happens is the devil, everything good is because they're so holy and righteous.

I really hope they get the frumpers and crunchy curls and Michelle's crazy hair in the whole thing... it'll really point it right out.

THANK YOU TV GODS! and Wolf productions!!!! :worship:

I can't wait to see the stunned/disgusted look on Olivia Benson's face! :popcorn2:

I'm so excited for this episode! I'm gonna have my mother pvr it for me so I can watch since I'll be on the road that day but I can't wait! I just hope that they display some of the religious extremism in the show that the Duggars actually believe.

I haven't watched SVU in a long time but I will be tuning in for this. In my opinion, SVU either hits the ball out of the park with hot button issue episodes, or they are a total flop. I'm really hoping this is a good one.

TLC will be happy. People might be curious to see the special.

I didn't really watch much of Jon and Kate +8 until things started to fall apart.

I'm going to watch the hell out of this, mostly for Ice-T's reactions.

tumblr_ntecmobsjY1tc9mapo7_400.gif

What if Baby Seewald is born on the premiere day!

I doubt the Duggars were going to watch it anyway. Especially not Jessa.

I feel kinda bad about this. Doesn't this send a message to the girls like, your suffering is our entertainment?

I doubt the Duggars were going to watch it anyway. Especially not Jessa.

I feel kinda bad about this. Doesn't this send a message to the girls like, your suffering is our entertainment?

I don't think so. We are not entertained by their "suffering" (and remember, Jill and Jessa deny there was any suffering involved until the media got hold of the family's secret). We are actually deeply troubled by what happened to them.

The SVU episode will be a fiction. It will not be their lives, or their family-- merely a story inspired by theirs. We will be entertained by that story, but we will also feel for the characters in the story. A good production of that fictional story will make some people think.

Because it has been heavily fictionalized, the SVU episode will actually be less intrusive into the Duggars's lives than the reality show. However, they also won't get paid for being the inspiration, and I am sure that bothers them. :wink-kitty: :wink-kitty:

Archived