IGNORED

Amy Jordan Duggar Jordan Duggar King Duggar Wedding Part 2

happy atheist

Anna has always confused me with the pregnancy tests. She seems to take them willy nilly on any day of the month and then wonder why she isn't pregnant or it isn't showing positive yet. Do these girls know nothing about their bodies except to spit out children? I never wondered if I were pregnant until a period was late or missed. I get the impression (just my impression) that she equated sex with pregnancy so if she and Mr. Pig had sex then she took a pregnancy test. They do not seem to completely understand the logistics of their cycle. They know their mother's cycle but not their own. That in itself is very very warped.

I did feel sorry to some extent for her with her first pregnancy. She was extremely stressed about getting a positive pregnancy test and seemed to act more ashamed with each negative test. Good grief enjoy some time with your new husband or your new sense of being an adult. :angry-banghead:

edited as my spelling is terrible

The fact that she was ashamed that a pregnancy test was negative speaks volumes about how fundie women in the Quiverfull movement are brought up: if you can't get pregnant right away and pop out baby after baby, you're worthless or you're doing something wrong. Someone in the Jill Rodrigues thread mentioned that this mentality is probably why J-Rod seems to be shocked that her brother-in-law still deeply loves her now-quadriplegic sister.

• Replies 769
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Was there ever actually a source for this idea that the girls tracked their mother's cycle? I thought that was just a misunderstanding of them saying one time that they told her to take a pregnancy test because they thought it was about time for her to be pregnant. I interpreted that more as them knowing how many months after a new baby she tends to get pregnant again, rather than them actually tracking her ovulation.

I vaguely remember maybe when it was 17 or 18 kids and counting a scene when jessa was showing the cameras michelle's calendar for her cycle

I vaguely remember maybe when it was 17 or 18 kids and counting a scene when jessa was showing the cameras michelle's calendar for her cycle

A lot of people seem to vaguely remember a lot of things, but I'm wondering if anyone has an actual source. Like is there a video clip out there of them showing this calendar, is it a quote from one of their books? Did they say it in an interview? Anything?

How much of a trackable cycle can Michelle have had anyway? Most of the time she was either pregnant or breastfeeding so was she always regular straight away after the baby was born?

A lot of people seem to vaguely remember a lot of things, but I'm wondering if anyone has an actual source. Like is there a video clip out there of them showing this calendar, is it a quote from one of their books? Did they say it in an interview? Anything?

Google led me to an old Yuku thread where this was being discussed. A link to the video was included. It was when Boob and Michelle were on Today announcing a pregnancy and Michelle said the girls watch the calendar like a hawk

Link to video

http://www.today.com/id/24537885/

Link to thread

http://freejinger.yuku.com/topic/4034

I think it was in one of the very early specials? I think Michelle's period calendar was right beside their day schedule. I could not understand why the older girls cared about their mother having more children...

I think it was in one of the very early specials? I think Michelle's period calendar was right beside their day schedule. I could not understand why the older girls cared about their mother having more children...

I thought is was more around the time right before she announced her pregnancy with Jubilee. I'm pretty sure the cycle calendar was in the TTH "pretty" kitchen.

I love the look on the face of the J-boy on the far left at the 2:40 mark, when Michelle announces her 18th pregnancy. He looks like he's thinking, "F--- my life, not again."

I think Michelle's squeaker is broken, she's the only person I can think of who does this weird-half-squeak sound when she laughs.

Seriously. It's like they don't even understand when it makes sence to take a pregnancy test and when it doesn't. Which, come to think of it, they probably don't.

Don't the pregnancy tests instructions tell when it is best to test? (It's been 26 years since the last time I took one, and they were a lot less sensitive than today, but I remember back then the instructions said to wait until you were at least 5 or 6 days late.)

Also, did Michelle actually track her ovulation on a calendar on the fridge or was she just tracking her periods? I mean, what would be the point of her tracking ovulation since she and JB are at it like rabbits all the time? Tracking the periods would tell her if she might be pregnant, and it sounds as if that was why the older girls were watching it.

The older girls called Michelle when she was out shopping and told her to get a pregnancy test, iirc. Michelle said "they watch the calendar like a hawk", in reference to the girls. So, they must have looked at the calendar and noticed she was late. Exactly why this was their job, I couldn't tell you :?. It's also a strange story because doesn't Michelle keep tests in stock at all times?

Don't the pregnancy tests instructions tell when it is best to test? (It's been 26 years since the last time I took one, and they were a lot less sensitive than today, but I remember back then the instructions said to wait until you were at least 5 or 6 days late.)

Also, did Michelle actually track her ovulation on a calendar on the fridge or was she just tracking her periods? I mean, what would be the point of her tracking ovulation since she and JB are at it like rabbits all the time? Tracking the periods would tell her if she might be pregnant, and it sounds as if that was why the older girls were watching it.

I thought they do the abstinence thing where they're only at it like rabbits when she's not biblically unclean after her period? She'd have to track her bleeding days, not necessarily for the ovulation but in order to tell Jim Bob sex is okay again. (Which might coincide with the ovulation, depending on her cycle, and apparently did, loads of times.)

Although I think this is TMI for the kids .

I was always under the impression that Michelle purchased pregnancy tests in bulk. Didn't Jilly have to "steal" one from her to find out she was pregnant with Izzy? I found that show to be beyond my comprehension that she apologized for stealing a pregnancy test to a woman who most likely can not bear any more children??

I don't see the Duggars as big "instruction readers" of the pregnancy tests. I have always gotten the impression they just pee on at will and hope to get the desired response. Unless Anna has periods that are not easily kept track of? She seems to equate sex with being pregnant the next morning.

I wonder how many tests by the end of this family that they will have gone through. Probably around the same number of paper cups. :whistle:

They must surely buy pregnancy tests in bulk, to have them laying around at the TTH even with Michelle being in this new season of life.  Yes, Jill had done two (from memory) at her own home, then supposedly her sisters talked her into using one of her mothers.  Back when I was wanting to get pregnant, I do recall that they weren't cheap.  I certainly didn't use them at will.

I see Amy has a Pinterest site now, and she put Duggar on there, and in her summary says she is the Duggar family cousin... seems like she isn't quite ready to stop riding the gravy train of the Duggar name!

Ugh!! She drives me nuts! I have never liked Amy but this back and forth "I can't wait to change my name " crap is old! Hmmm a new show is coming up- I am a Duggar! 

Ugh!! She drives me nuts! I have never liked Amy but this back and forth "I can't wait to change my name " crap is old! Hmmm a new show is coming up- I am a Duggar! 

She's a total famewhore since now that there's going to be a new show or specials at the very least, she's going to keep milking the Duggar name for all its worth.:output_eeMbjt:

She's a total famewhore since now that there's going to be a new show or specials at the very least, she's going to keep milking the Duggar name for all its worth.:output_eeMbjt:

I LOVE THIS EMOJI!!!!

You can actually buy super cheap tests on amazon in bulk. So I'm guessing they do that.

Buys Pregnancy Test in Bulk needs to be a title one can aspire to.  ;-)

I like it, but personally, for now, I'm really enjoying purposing the lesbian agenda. :)

exactly! I never ever ever will understand the appeal of Amy!  That is the funniest picture ever, btw!!

This is Amy's bio on Twitter (bolding done by me):

"I was once a Duggar, now I'm just a normal girl with a not so normal life! Christ follower, lover of storms and anything vintage and a total free spirit."

What is she trying to say? She once was abnormal, but now she's normal? Her family is crazy? (which they are, but if you feel this way, stop associating yourself with them all the time)

Could Amy eventually be the one writing a tell-all? I hope if someone will ever write one, it won't be her because I don't think she deserves any more attention. Also I wouldn't believe half of what she would be saying because I would think she would just make things up in order to sell more books. What do you think?

Wouldn't trust Amy's tell-all any further than I could throw it! She'd try and walk the line between it being juicy enough to be a bestseller, but not so outrageous that it totally pisses off uncle JimBob. Which ultimately means it'd be a complete waste of space!

:ARGENT: (totally loving the new emoticons!!) 

No, I wouldn't trust it either.  But plenty of curious leg humpers :leghumper: would buy it, after all, she's got 407k instagram followers from her association with her not so normal family.  

Sorry, couldn't resist using this amazing emoticon.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic

Archived